• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

johnsmith

remember me
Speaking of Pirika, this made me laugh.

iYN9hLA.png

JNA

Banned
Got the 500 prysma, used it, pretty much got some crappy rolls for the most part, but sold most of them and turned the rings into a Lindsey! Hurray! :D

Hopefully in the next month or two, Lindsey can come back so that I can have the rings to limit break her.

zadig

Neo Member
Ok need advice on healers again.

Popra, Adelle, or Melvina? 0_0

Of the three, I only have Adelle and Melvina. I like Melvina because she heals poison, and her skill costs only one mana. But I feel that 3*s don't heal enough unless levelled up and limit broken. : Popra's skill looks useful too, but I haven't been frozen by enemies yet.

jengo

I appreciate their localization so much! Since the main story is so generic (at least for me so far), they really get to have fun with all the character quests. I'd shake the hand/s of the exec who approved all the work to release this in the west.

JNA

Banned
Can I get the same chest awards in the free quests or only once? I wanted to get multiple Dustys so I can limit break him. :(

zadig

Neo Member
Can I get the same chest awards in the free quests or only once? I wanted to get multiple Dustys so I can limit break him. :(

You can get the chests that drop during the free quests as many times as you'd like, but the reward for opening all four chests is only given once. Dusty appears a lot in arcana pulls too.

JNA

Banned
You can get the chests that drop during the free quests as many times as you'd like, but the reward for opening all four chests is only given once. Dusty appears a lot in arcana pulls too.

Well the arcana pulls I'm saving for much later but it's good to know about the chests. Don't care about the bonus chest at the moment. :p

As a F2Player, I heard Dusty was a very good 2* soldier especially as LB4. And apparently he's very good in Titan's Cave.

So it's just a nice cheep guy to have with the other 3 being Nimphya, Lindsey and Melvina.

KimChi

Well the arcana pulls I'm saving for much later but it's good to know about the chests. Don't care about the bonus chest at the moment. :p

As a F2Player, I heard Dusty was a very good 2* soldier especially as LB4. And apparently he's very good in Titan's Cave.

So it's just a nice cheep guy to have with the other 3 being Nimphya, Lindsey and Melvina.

Wow nice team JNA, just got slay and chain quest so maybe that will help me get closer to getting lindsey before she is gone lol.

question about kain,marina,michidia. I think I read somewhere on a chainchronicle forum about those 3 getting 4* versions in v2. would we need to keep each of them maxed out at 40 to get them or could we just sell them when after getting the 4* weapon.

zadig

Neo Member

I guess if you keep doing the quests then the bonus chest will drop eventually. :p It annoys me to no end to have gaps in the free quest, so I have to complete them before moving on, even if the reward is kind of crappy. =___= Same goes for the arcana list. I did heaps of normal arcana pulls at the start to fill in the spaces.

What level are you at now, may I ask? I'm level 20 in the JP mobile version and still being forced to use Hero due to cost constraints (I have Theresa and Angelica and Melvina also, and a 3* in sub to level up and then sell for rings :p). :( I'm wondering how long it takes for you to be able to put together a mostly 4-5* team. (The Vita version is a bit more relaxed about cost)

Btw, KimChi, the first chain quest you finish should give you Phoena. :) I did Slay's chain quest too, and it's relatively easy, except for maybe the last stage or two.

JNA

Banned
I guess if you keep doing the quests then the bonus chest will drop eventually. :p It annoys me to no end to have gaps in the free quest, so I have to complete them before moving on, even if the reward is kind of crappy. =___= Same goes for the arcana list. I did heaps of normal arcana pulls at the start to fill in the spaces.

What level are you at now, may I ask? I'm level 20 in the JP mobile version and still being forced to use Hero due to cost constraints (I have Theresa and Angelica and Melvina also, and a 3* in sub to level up and then sell for rings :p). :( I'm wondering how long it takes for you to be able to put together a mostly 4-5* team. (The Vita version is a bit more relaxed about cost)

I'm rank 18.

Wait...there's...there is a VITA VERSION!? 0_0

johnsmith

remember me
Just looked up the stats for Dusty. Man you guys weren't kidding, those are ridiculous. Since he can easily be totally limit broken I'm definitely gonna have to use him over some of my 3*s

JNA

Banned
Just looked up the stats for Dusty. Man you guys weren't kidding, those are ridiculous. Since he can easily be totally limit broken I'm definitely gonna have to use him over some of my 3*s

Yeah I recall looking at one of the guides saying that at LB4, Dusty can be as strong as most 4* star units! Which is crazy value!

Seriously, my LB1 Dusty at the moment at lv 9, already has more Attack than my LV 14 Hero. That is freaking amazing!

It's on the Japanese PSN store only, I think. There doesn't seem to be any information about it going overseas.

Awwwwwwwwww. :(

How do I get the JP mobile version on android?

Vylash

is he really that good?

It's on the Japanese PSN store only, I think. There doesn't seem to be any information about it going overseas.

it's got a retail release so you can just import

JNA

Banned
is he really that good?

When Limit Broken 4 max, and considering how easy it is to limit break Dusty, his max Attack is 5099. Which almost if not as strong as most 4* star solders at LB0.

http://chainchronicle.gumi.sg/wiki/hot-blooded-arms-dealer-dusty/

It's actually stronger than LB0 Aina even!

http://chainchronicle.gumi.sg/wiki/apprentice-craftswoman-aina/

That sounds like pretty damn good value to me for Early-mid game. Especially now that I can actually have sub units because of his low cost. XD

Bombless

Finishing Slay's chain quest in 1 hour. Will have obtained Deed then. That'll leave me one month to get at least one more copy of her. Definitely doable.

Rixa

So um yeah. I have this:
Cant merge it, havent tried to sell it. Maybe I just keep it (I have room in my Arcana).

Used those premium tickect & 100 Prysma for 4 pulls got only 3*, one of them is Slay which has Chain Quest. I started it and already done 3 chapters. What it the reward & is slay good party member (or do I sell him for ring)?

zadig

Neo Member
So um yeah. I have this:

Cant merge it, havent tried to sell it. Maybe I just keep it (I have room in my Arcana).

Used those premium tickect & 100 Prysma for 4 pulls got only 3*, one of them is Slay which has Chain Quest. I started it and already done 3 chapters. What it the reward & is slay good party member (or do I sell him for ring)?

Why does your Cardea have 0 HP and attack?

Finishing your first chain quest should give you 5* healer Phoena

JNA

Banned
So um yeah. I have this:

Have you tried closing the game and restart it? Any time I get bugged cards like that, that trick usually fixes it.

0 Attack and HP is pretty funny though. It's like when you put it in your main party and start a quest, the character just dies at the start of the first wave lol.

Rixa

Why does your Cardea have 0 HP and attack?

Finishing your first chain quest should give you 5* healer Phoena
Nice, aiming to do it fast and replacing Latty at somepoint. Phoena is going to be my first 5* (dont have 4* either). But I need levels more :).

Have you tried closing the game and restart it? Any time I get bugged cards like that, that trick usually fixes it.

0 Attack and HP is pretty funny though. It's like when you put it in your main party and start a quest, the character just dies at the start of the first wave lol.

Yes, bugged Cardea (lvl 0 btw) has been in my arcana from sunday. Is that skill heal really x9 cost or does that bug too?
Heh, I need to test this at some low level fight to see if it bugs or starts the fight :D. Placing for substitute for next test.

Krorg

So, will we be getting more compensation?

The reason I ask is because, apparently, we're getting refunded the amount of pulls we did during the bug. I used four Premium Tickets, as well as 200 Prysma [four more pulls] for a total of 8 recruits. Yet I only received three Premium Tickets, which is counting the one single ticket everyone is getting [whether they summoned or not].

I'm greatly confused. :/

I received some premium tickets yesterday and received another one just now.

Bombless

Welp, finished chain quest, received Phoena and bought Deed. Went for a 2k arcana pull to get some enhancers for her and got 2 3*, the ogre samurai and the dwarf archer chick with the giant bow.

Also have 2 premium tix from the Chain quest end. Getting the urge to try for more chain characters with them lol.

Rixa

Slay chain quest, what level are enemies? Iam now at 3.6 so total of 3 chapters to go.
Iam now leveling my characters and also trying to get more Dusties for LB use from Barrierboro - Station Quarrel free quests.

chrono01

I received another one too, that makes four total. Considering I spent four Premium Tickets originally, I'm still out that 200 Prysma. :/

Oh well, maybe more are on their way...

Azusa

Maybe this one ticket is a compensation to all players. Its written in the notice Event Compensation, Jan 27 2015: "we would like to give away one (1) Premium Ticket to all players".

zadig

Neo Member
Nice, aiming to do it fast and replacing Latty at somepoint. Phoena is going to be my first 5* (dont have 4* either). But I need levels more.

Phoena is a late bloomer though, so she starts off kind of lousy with 1000 HP and attack. And her skill is a 3 mana aoe, which is useful in itself, but not a healing skill.

I think Slay's chain quest starts from about lvl 6 to lvl 24?

Rixa

Phoena is a late bloomer though, so she starts off kind of lousy with 1000 HP and attack. And her skill is a 3 mana aoe, which is useful in itself, but not a healing skill.

I think Slay's chain quest starts from about lvl 6 to lvl 24?

Good to know, wont replace Latty then,

Jomjom

Banned
Hmmm I finished the Slay chain story line of quests. However, at the end I just got 2 premium tickets, no Phoena. Anyone know why?

I was looking forward to LB1 Phoena. =(

lankelink

Neo Member
I've just started the game, and I have some questions:

1) Am I supposed to sell/merge the arcana cards? I understand that each arcana has a related quest, after that can I get rid of it? The arcana limit seem too low to keep all of them.

2) I keep hearing about chain quest, what are they?

3) If I have repeated characters, should I fuse to limit break before selling/merging? Any advantages?

4) How can I get more rings? I know about the daily quests, but I think you can get more if you sell 3* enhancer cards?

5) Only the ability of the leader is active? What about the rest of the members?

Thanks!

Jomjom

Banned
Wait does completing your first chain story give you your first 5* Phoena or the second one? Because I already had one, but I only just finished the entire Slay story today.

I think really early one I was able to do the first mission in the Slay chain story and then it wouldn't let me do any more until this recent chain story event started.

Aki-at

got some dude named slay, ugh, just give me a good cleric already

He's actually a good pull. You can start a Chain Quest and unlock Pheona now.

Recall someone asking about getting Premium Tickets from the Daily Login. Well I just managed to get one and it was sent straight to my gift box.

Also seems Gumi was kind enough to give me another ticket. I've got three now even though I did one pull o.0

zadig

Neo Member
Wait does completing your first chain story give you your first 5* Phoena or the second one? Because I already had one, but I only just finished the entire Slay story today.

I think really early one I was able to do the first mission in the Slay chain story and then it wouldn't let me do any more until this recent chain story event started.

It's completing your first Chain Quest that gives the first Phoena. You get more as you complete more Chain Quests, supposedly, but I'm not sure how many more you need for the next Phoena.

I've been wondering though, do you actually need to have (had) any of the other related characters listed in the Chain Quests to proceed through it? I have Adele, but haven't started on her Chain Quest yet as I don't have the other 4* healer that appears in one of her later Chain Quests.

Bombless

It's completing your first Chain Quest that gives the first Phoena. You get more as you complete more Chain Quests, supposedly, but I'm not sure how many more you need for the next Phoena.

I've been wondering though, do you actually need to have (had) any of the other related characters listed in the Chain Quests to proceed through it? I have Adele, but haven't started on her Chain Quest yet as I don't have the other 4* healer that appears in one of her later Chain Quests.

I hadn't met Franz yet before completing Slay's chain quest series and it went just fine. Incidentally I pulled him short after finishing it lol.

zadig

Neo Member
I hadn't met Franz yet before completing Slay's chain quest series and it went just fine. Incidentally I pulled him short after finishing it lol.

Good to know, thanks. :) I think I'll start on Adele's Chain Quest once I finish the Shining Blade Character Quests, and see how it goes.

Does no one else play the Vita version though? :(

This is my current party there (with Sen no Kiseki Ema and 1* Eddy in subs):
2015-01-28-131431.jpg

I don't have enough fortune rings to fully limit break Sulstan, sadly. :( And I wouldn't really recommend Herodia as a healer, but she was the pre-registration reward for the Vita version so I've had her since the beginning. I mean to use Arietta instead, but haven't gotten round to levelling her up at all yet.

I actually started with a Knight team with Wayne and the dragon knight Fii (?) guy but was having trouble with the harder quests. A fighter team seems to be working better (and practically all my friends list are using fighters too), though I'm hoping the Vita version goes to version 2 soon.

JNA

Banned
So I downloaded and decided to try the Japanese version for fun. After the tutorial, this is what I just pulled...

1421934995.jpg

Well, I'm loving this version already. Good start I think! :D

Yaari

How many stars is she?

Anyway I'll stick with 1 version for now. Already playing too many mobile games and it adds up in time. This is a really fun game though. If not for the ones I already play, I'd try the JP version.

Daily Chest gave me 2 3* Enhancers, so now need only 5 more rings for my next Lindsey.

Got a single Premium Ticket today as well. Plus the 5 from yesterday.

Top Bottom