• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

So I got Kain's sword that gives bonus xp. Does this work if the character is in the sub party or just in the main party?

I think it works in sub but its better to check. If it works you can give it to hero and place him in sub. He has 0 cost. But in long term its a bad decision.

I gave my to Dusty.

Kreed

Used one Premium Ticket and got Cadet Karen. I'm trying to build a warrior team with Lindsey so I'm not sure how much use she will be.

Jomjom

Banned
Did 12 pulls trying to get Juliana but I only got 3 tickets.

Did get a Barienna though but I think I will sell her for rings. Even when she gets her v2 boost she's still pretty bad...

Merun

Used one Premium Ticket and got Cadet Karen. I'm trying to build a warrior team with Lindsey so I'm not sure how much use she will be.

GIve her to me, she will be put to good use in my mage team for a Stun+Knockback combo ( it extends stun time by 1.5 )

Did 12 pulls trying to get Juliana but I only got 3 tickets.

Did get a Barienna though but I think I will sell her for rings. Even when she gets her v2 boost she's still pretty bad...

12 pull as well and 3 tickets too. And no UR. I clearly have used up my luck last week.

Bombless

3 rings away from Deed. Currently running Slay's chain quest so I'll end up getting her without selling any 3*. I would fasten Deed's LB if I still sold them however...

Decisions, decisions...

garath

Alright i did it. Sold stuff, got rings, and bought Lindsey.

Should I give her the grief sword?

I gave her the grief sword. My logic was that I needed a stronger character now and waiting until the next demon event would just make me weaker until then.

However, after doing so, I realized that you actually have to enhance the weapon to get the stats. oops. What I'd recommend doing is giving her a decent B sword and enhancing that to max before giving her the grief sword. If you happen to max the B sword before the demon event then you could argue giving her the grief sword. Else she'll do real well with the demon slaying event specific sword next demon event THEN give her the grief sword.

I've given her all my weapon enhancers since getting the grief sword and I'm still only at 9 attack, 5 crit and 3 defense. That's not that much better than a decent B sword.

/shrug. I don't regret it though.

Jomjom

Banned
Anyone know what Rhynel and Johan's second quests gives?

The first quests for each of them are to unlock their passive skills, but they each only have one unlockable passive. I'm just wondering if their second quest yields prysma. If not I'm just gonna sell them for rings now.

Bombless

Anyone know what Rhynel and Johan's second quests gives?

The first quests for each of them are to unlock their passive skills, but they each only have one unlockable passive. I'm just wondering if their second quest yields prysma. If not I'm just gonna sell them for rings now.

If they already unlocked the skill the next one should be prysma.

Jomjom

Banned
If they already unlocked the skill the next one should be prysma.

I forgot which character, but I had one where the prereq for the second quest was like lvl 20, but it was just a chest with an enhancer.

Johan's prereq is lvl 30 and Rhynel's is lvl 40. I'm just afraid to level them that high only for the reward to be a crappy enhancer. But if it's prysma I'll keep them because I'm F2P.

Bombless

I forgot which character, but I had one where the prereq for the second quest was like lvl 20, but it was just a chest with an enhancer.

Johan's prereq is lvl 30 and Rhynel's is lvl 40. I'm just afraid to level them that high only for the reward to be a crappy enhancer. But if it's prysma I'll keep them because I'm F2P.
Check the wiki maybe. It would indeed suck to level them so high. I have Jonah myself and don't really want to get him up there.

I gave her the grief sword. My logic was that I needed a stronger character now and waiting until the next demon event would just make me weaker until then.

However, after doing so, I realized that you actually have to enhance the weapon to get the stats. oops. What I'd recommend doing is giving her a decent B sword and enhancing that to max before giving her the grief sword. If you happen to max the B sword before the demon event then you could argue giving her the grief sword. Else she'll do real well with the demon slaying event specific sword next demon event THEN give her the grief sword.

I've given her all my weapon enhancers since getting the grief sword and I'm still only at 9 attack, 5 crit and 3 defense. That's not that much better than a decent B sword.

/shrug. I don't regret it though.

Good idea. I do have a blade forger.

Jomjom

Banned
Check the wiki maybe. It would indeed suck to level them so high. I have Jonah myself and don't really want to get him up there.

Yeah I tried but unfortunately the wikis don't talk about the quests. I have found two people on the forums that confirmed that prysma is the reward for each of their 2nd quests though. Hopefully they aren't wrong!

Kreed

GIve her to me, she will be put to good use in my mage team for a Stun+Knockback combo ( it extends stun time by 1.5 )

How much harder is it to use a mage team vs a warrior team (particularly with events like the raid we just had)?

Bombless

How much harder is it to use a mage team vs a warrior team (particularly with events like the raid we just had)?

I read that Lizelotte/Lizerotte is great for full mage teams due to having a full screen attack for a single mana. She's a chest drop from the Fruits of Research free quest so she's easily LBable too.

Yaari

Must have run the daily like 8 times and got the same two enhancers over and over :(
Yeah, the droprates decrease drastically on each higher stage. I still don't understand how I sometimes manage to get that 4th chest twice in a row, it's a 13-16% drop with Nimpha.

I'm happy my Daily Chest reached the level that I can get 3 rings at once.

As for Compensation, I was also leaning towards the 48 hours, but they already send me something, so that did not really make sense. Getting 5 tickets for 30 rolls does not make much sense so I think some people will be left disappointed even after the 48 hours.

Merun

Sadly, quite a bit. It's hard to get mages by staying F2P, especially since some arcana are important, like Cheery( 2 mana screen AOE knocback which does 10x damage ), Elemia ( mage healer ). Shielded enemies will be a problem unless you have some Runefencer like Karen who can go melee, or Cheery's AOE. However, when there is no shield, it's pew pew you shall not pass.

I got a 5 star lady as my first character. She seems pretty good. Lolenna the demon or something?

Game is pretty good fun so far!

I started with her and I'm doing pretty fine after a month. Any UR at the beginning is a huge boost, though Nimpha is the best. Loletta is a good damage dealer and will take you very far into the game. Moreover, having a UR mean it's easy to get friends.

JNA

Banned
I just used my ticket I got from Demon raid and got Adelle. Is she any good? My current cleric is Melvina at lv 16 at the moment but asking anyway which you guys think I should keep or sell?

Merun

I just used my ticket I got from Demon raid and got Adelle. Is she any good? My current cleric is Melvina at lv 16 at the moment but asking anyway which you guys think I should keep or sell?

I would say keep both, Melvina is useful when there is poison. I also recently decided to replace my Latty by Adelle. Stronger heal, but I need to be more careful and micromanage healing. Also, 2 mana heal is bit a more annoying.

In other news, due to some funny conversation I had on the CC forum, I pulled 2 UR from 6 pull, Loletta and Barienna.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Kiki any good? My first 5 star. I'll never be able to afford to use her with the costs of my 4 stars also pretty high :\

JNA

Banned
I would say keep both, Melvina is useful when there is poison. I also recently decided to replace my Latty by Adelle. Stronger heal, but I need to be more careful and micromanage healing. Also, 2 mana heal is bit a more annoying.

Yeah that 2 healing is annoying. :(

I guess if I can get 500 prysma fast enough, I'll see if I get enough rings to get Lindsey before she expires.

Jasconius

Weird, so everyone got their premium tickets compensation already? I never got anything - did they just appear in people's gift boxes?

Aki-at

Weird, so everyone got their premium tickets compensation already? I never got anything - did they just appear in people's gift boxes?

Pretty much.

So I've got more than enough rings to limit break Lindsey one more time (at least 56 rings waiting for me in storage + 19 on hand.) But a lot of that depends on if I sell Katarith or not. Normally I would but I hardly ever get any useful cards I'm not sure...

garath

Pretty much.

So I've got more than enough rings to limit break Lindsey one more time (at least 56 rings waiting for me in storage + 19 on hand.) But a lot of that depends on if I sell Katarith or not. Normally I would but I hardly ever get any useful cards I'm not sure...

Even with an archer/ranged party I just don't see Katarith being super useful. Her abilities are pretty counter-intuitive for a ranged character. :/

Helloween

I started with her and I'm doing pretty fine after a month. Any UR at the beginning is a huge boost, though Nimpha is the best. Loletta is a good damage dealer and will take you very far into the game. Moreover, having a UR mean it's easy to get friends.

What do friends do in this? Just the 25 coins?

Aki-at

Even with an archer/ranged party I just don't see Katarith being super useful. Her abilities are pretty counter-intuitive for a ranged character. :/

Yeah I checked her stats and abilities. For a 5* character she seems like a terrible one to hand onto. I'm just a bit apprehensive of losing a potential 5* characters, I don't trust my luck to pull any worthwhile cards in this game... So far I only managed one 4* pull thanks to the 10+1 prysma pull.

Might as well just cash in, Lindsey will be infinitely more helpful in Demon Raids than Katarith would.

What do friends do in this? Just the 25 coins?

During the demon raid event you'll need friends to help take down enemies with massive health bars and a 90 second timer.

1. About 10 min ago a new chapters become available for me. I didn't do anything. Just logged in and they there are. I didn't see them an hour ago.

2. About two weeks ago I have pulled Iron Masked Swordsman Alvert. I sold him that day. Today a new batch of Chain Stories was enabled and one of the new stories is Alvert Chain Story. I did just random free quest and game informed me that a new quest is unlocked. Its Alvert Chain Story quest! So you don't need to hold chain story characters to unlock the story later. Its safe to sell them.

I can press GO and start the quest now.

Weird, I've had Alvert since forever. did his side character quest, and did several quests since his chain story was added and still don't have his chain story unlocked.

chrono01

So, will we be getting more compensation?

The reason I ask is because, apparently, we're getting refunded the amount of pulls we did during the bug. I used four Premium Tickets, as well as 200 Prysma [four more pulls] for a total of 8 recruits. Yet I only received three Premium Tickets, which is counting the one single ticket everyone is getting [whether they summoned or not].

I'm greatly confused. :/

JNA

Banned
How come I can only go to a Tavern to do the 10+1 recruiting 500 prysma thing but can't do it on the boosted rate recruits?

Yaari

The reason I ask is because, apparently, we're getting refunded the amount of pulls we did during the bug. I used four Premium Tickets, as well as 200 Prysma [four more pulls] for a total of 8 recruits. Yet I only received three Premium Tickets, which is counting the one single ticket everyone is getting [whether they summoned or not].

It was said to be a 48 hour process. But I personally don't believe they will send you a ticket twice, you know. Why would they do it in stages? Makes no sense.

The entire compensation is just weird, but I'll wait to see how they approach it. 48 hours aint that bad. I'm sure theres some work attached to it.

GrandHusk

This OT made me install this game on my phone...

I finished the tutorial and got this card with the ticket they gave me
WTa1hSk.png
with my luck this is probably the best I'm going to get in a wile
, if ever

Don't like the fairy, she contradicts everything I say
:mad:

Vylash

This OT made me install this game on my phone...

I finished the tutorial and got this card with the ticket they gave me

with my luck this is probably the best I'm going to get in a wile
, if ever

Don't like the fairy, she contradicts everything I say
:mad:

you leave Pirika alone, she's just doing her best

Jomjom

Banned

That would be nice. I used 13 pulls. I sent a ticket to them just for the heck of it. We'll see if anything comes of it. I'm just bitter I didn't get Juliana. I'm saving the volunteer's sword for her!

Top Bottom