• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

They added new main story chapters. I see them in the book, but they didn't work and I can't start them. Also I can't start Chain Story for Alvert that I have pulled a long time ago.

I have submitted two tickets.

zadig

Neo Member
Thank you very much. Being at 7 rings, might take time to get enough rings.

Is it better to clear those character quests that grant Prysma than move fast forward in story?

I'm still figuring that out myself. I was clearing free and character quests for Prysma instead of hurrying through the story, but in the Japanese version, there are challenge areas and gaiden, or side stories, that open up after you've cleared certain chapters. I'm not sure what the English version has.

Aki-at

They added new main story chapters. I see them in the book, but they didn't work and I can't start them. Also I can't start Chain Story for Alvert that I have pulled a long time ago.

I have submitted two tickets.

The new areas are open for me. Hope its not a glitch...

Yay, got compensated 2 premium tickets for those two pulls the other night.

Huh they're refunding tickets to people for trying to pull Juliana?

Rixa

Not sure how they work it out but I got 10, how much did you guys roll?

2 Rolls and got 2 tickets. I was worried when I saw that players were getting tickets and my gift box was empty.

Edit: Question, Im quite lowbie (12-15 level party with 4x 3* (Hero, Aida, Korona, Minimo 2x2* Dusty & Latty) should I keep the tickets or use them at Tavern (or in that Event, even the Juliana is not there)?

Bombless

2 Rolls and got 2 tickets. I was worried when I saw that players were getting tickets and my gift box was empty.

Edit: Question, Im quite lowbie (12-15 level party with 4x 3* (Hero, Aida, Korona, Minimo 2x2* Dusty & Latty) should I keep the tickets or use them at Tavern (or in that Event, even the Juliana is not there)?

I would say keep the tickets for a more worthwhile event/rate up. 3* are already pretty damn good for a party and this current event really isn't worth it imo.

Aki-at

I just checked my inbox and I found 2 premium tickets waiting for me. I didn't need to email GUMI and I only did 1 pull, guess they're sending it out to everyone?

JNA

Banned
I just checked my inbox and I found 2 premium tickets waiting for me. I didn't need to email GUMI and I only did 1 pull, guess they're sending it out to everyone?

I didn't get one. Although I never did any pulls either.

I guess I just hoped they made a "mistake" XD.

Rixa

I would say keep the tickets for a more worthwhile event/rate up. 3* are already pretty damn good for a party and this current event really isn't worth it imo.

Thanks Ill do that.
Also I will keep my Prysma (70 now) for later events or to 500 (yeah right) :D

Aki-at

I didn't get one. Although I never did any pulls either.

I guess I just hoped they made a "mistake" XD.

Ah well I'm happy now. Just need to wait for a rate up to make use of my tickets.

Also thanks for letting me know how to change the username, I thought it'd change the hero's name too but it doesn't :p

JNA

Banned
Ah well I'm happy now. Just need to wait for a rate up to make use of my tickets.

Also thanks for letting me know how to change the username, I thought it'd change the hero's name too but it doesn't :p

Yeah no problem! :D

Huh...this is weird. In the information bar, it says that all players would be given 1 ticket compensation. I never got one. Damn :(

Aki-at

Yeah no problem! :D

Huh...this is weird. In the information bar, it says that all players would be given 1 ticket compensation. I never got one. Damn :(

Contact Gumi on the title screen or their forums.

Though it does say wait upto 48 hours so hopefully it's just a delay on their end.

Azusa

1. About 10 min ago a new chapters become available for me. I didn't do anything. Just logged in and they there are. I didn't see them an hour ago.

2. About two weeks ago I have pulled Iron Masked Swordsman Alvert. I sold him that day. Today a new batch of Chain Stories was enabled and one of the new stories is Alvert Chain Story. I did just random free quest and game informed me that a new quest is unlocked. Its Alvert Chain Story quest! So you don't need to hold chain story characters to unlock the story later. Its safe to sell them.

I can press GO and start the quest now.
VVcvRnu.png

zadig

Neo Member
Earlier in the day I used the premium ticket from the Shining Blade collaboration login bonus in the Vita version, and got 3* Izaac. =____= Even with 7% SSR rate up, I guess you can't change bad luck. :(

Rixa

Earlier in the day I used the premium ticket from the Shining Blade collaboration login bonus in the Vita version, and got 3* Izaac. =____= Even with 7% SSR rate up, I guess you can't change bad luck. :(

Any words if Vita version is coming to west? Would be nice continuum to DoS.
Got Gold Trophy from DoS, ~865h spend

Azusa

I'll use my tickets when I reach Nine Territory Tavern. Of course I hope for UR but I know that I'll get only nine rings...

zadig

Neo Member
Any words if Vita version is coming to west? Would be nice continuum to DoS.
Got Gold Trophy from DoS, ~865h spend

No idea, unfortunately. :( The Vita version is currently run by Sega as well, I think, while the English version seems to be Gumi?

... I gave up on DoS the moment Chain Chronicle was released on Vita. :p But congrats on the Gold trophy. :D

garath

I'll use my tickets when I reach Nine Territory Tavern. Of course I hope for UR but I know that I'll get only nine rings...

Yeah. I'm interested in the Nine Territory Tavern for my soldier party.

I got 2 tickets. Which is nice. I only used one trying to get Julianna before I read they pulled her.

Nice to see them compensating people. That's pretty huge.

Rixa

No idea, unfortunately. :( The Vita version is currently run by Sega as well, I think, while the English version seems to be Gumi?

... I gave up on DoS the moment Chain Chronicle was released on Vita. :p But congrats on the Gold trophy. :D

Heh thanks, seems that I got trophy 28.09.2014. Since this is already on ios/android (btw Microsoft / Nokia Lumia doesnt have this game) there is small hope getting this to west to Vita.

Yaari

It's a poor compensation tbh. Heard about people that did 0 pulls, having 10 tickets. And 30~ pulls, only 5. Doesn't seem right if you ask me.

Azusa

It's a poor compensation tbh. Heard about people that did 0 pulls, having 10 tickets. And 30~ pulls, only 5. Doesn't seem right if you ask me.

I have submitted a ticket about this.

Check this forum post from gumi staff, it clearly says that we should get more tickets than we got so far. If I did 20 pull in first hours of event I should get 20 tickets.

Pirika commented
01-27-2015, 01:28 AM
Hi Aozaki, to answer your inqury. The compensation is based on total number of Premium Recruits made from Jan 26, 00:00 ~ 12:00 PST. It doesn't matter if you use a Premium Ticket or Prysma.
http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/101647-chain-story-festival-1?p=102073#post102073

Someone posted this

got 30 ticket compensation and 500 prysma.
i did 70 pulls during the event
i also got a full refund from google many hours ago
and a response from gumi about my bugged arrietta telling me lvl 60 is the max for that arcana...

CBTech

So what are the best uses for items?

1-2* characters - Do you sell them for gold or feed them to units for EXP?
3* characters - Sell for rings?
Prysma - Just use to do premium rolls?
Arcana Coins (the blue things) - Can you use these for anything other than normal rolls?
Enhancers - Sell or feed to units
Weapons and Weapon enhancers - What are the best ways to use these?

Azusa

Save your starter 1*. At max lvl (40) they will give you a special weapon.
I have 3 3* solders that I use in my party everything else I sell for rings.

You can roll, but I have spent many prysma to refill AP and farm some ranks and levels. 1 lvl rare card is nice, but max level 3* card is better.

Enhancers. 1* and 2* - feed, 3* sell for rings. You can farm exp, but rings are hard to came by.

Aki-at

Can I discard those 1 star card after completing the quest?

You can discard them if they only have one quest. As soon as you obtain a character a quest will open up, so long as they only have one quest, you can get rid of them as soon as you get them.

1-2* characters - Do you sell them for gold or feed them to units for EXP?
3* characters - Sell for rings?
Prysma - Just use to do premium rolls?
Arcana Coins (the blue things) - Can you use these for anything other than normal rolls?
Enhancers - Sell or feed to units
Weapons and Weapon enhancers - What are the best ways to use these?

1-2* characters - Use to level characters upto level 10 or so, sell afterwards;
3* - Sell for rings unless it's a good unit like Haruki or Melvina
Prysma - Use only for premium rolls. You can use it to revive yourself in battle or expanding your arcana limit but most stick to saving it for rolls.
Arcana Coins - We have normal rolls at the moment but in future they'll be a guaranteed getting a one 3* or up arcana for 2,000.
Enhancers - Feed to units or sell the 3* enhancer and up for 1 fortune ring.
Weapon enhancers - If a character's weapon type is sword, than using a sword enhancer is your best bit in adding extra attack power / critical attack / defence. Once you've hit the max on said characters weapons there's not much else you can do with them.
Weapons - You can either sell them for 1 fortune ring or equip it to a character. Note two things, if a character already has a b level weapon, you cannot upgrade to another b level weapon, it must be an A level weapon. Second any ability that sword has (Like fire magic.) will be lost when you upgrade it to another weapon.

You guys kinda have a point on 3* enhancers..I've been kinda hoarding them to use on a potential new card but the rings in the end might just be worth it instead.

garath

So I got Kain's sword that gives bonus xp. Does this work if the character is in the sub party or just in the main party?

Not sure who to give it to. Dusty makes the most sense as I envision him in my party for awhile but he already has the flame sword. Ryubia doesn't have a good sword but I don't think I'm going to keep her for a long time. Lindsey already has grief sword. Not touching that ever.

I could drop it on someone like Iris for the sub party but that seems a little silly.

Probably just replace Dusty's flame sword with it huh? It does have better stats than the flame sword anyways.

Top Bottom