• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

I was very tempted to start playing JP version too, but when you don't know Japanese you cant read character stories and also its very hard to do missions, when you cant read requirements. In the end it takes time.

Very soon English version of dragon poker goes live and English ver. publisher promises that he will bring all Japanese events as there were. It should be a good game. For me it's better to stay away from JP CC because its hard to play more than 2-3 mobile f2p games. All that events, stamina and such.

Vylash

So I downloaded and decided to try the Japanese version for fun. After the tutorial, this is what I just pulled...

1421934995.jpg

Well, I'm loving this version already. Good start I think! :D
Jp is really generous, here's my current team there (dumping the dumb hero asap, he's just a worthless body at this point)

zadig

Neo Member
Jp is really generous, here's my current team there (dumping the dumb hero asap, he's just a worthless body at this point)

I fully agree Hero is a worthless body. XD Mine just sits in the back row doing nothing most of the time. :p The 5* Hero isn't too bad though? :D;

But I think even with the permanent 7% SSR rate in the JP version it's still luck dependent. I've only managed to pull one 5* in the mobile version (the Theresa I started with), even though I spent a lot of prysma trying to get the fan lady from the previous raid event, but 4*s are relatively plentiful. Unfortunately most of mine weren't what I wanted (ended up with a bunch of axe users, when I prefer the fast ones). :\

I really like the Mission system though! Hoping it comes to the Vita version too.

JNA

Banned
This Japanese version of the game gives so much free shit it's not even funny. I feel over loaded man jesus.

Yaari

I was very tempted to start playing JP version too, but when you don't know Japanese you cant read character stories and also its very hard to do missions, when you cant read requirements. In the end it takes time.

Very soon English version of dragon poker goes live and English ver. publisher promises that he will bring all Japanese events as there were. It should be a good game. For me it's better to stay away from JP CC because its hard to play more than 2-3 mobile f2p games. All that events, stamina and such.
What game is that, name Dragon Poker? Finding alot of stuff but probably not the thing you are talking about:(.

Edit: https://m.facebook.com/dragonacesea?_rdr

That? Might try it. Launches soon then eh. I don't know how to play Poker but I will figure it out I guess haha.

Aki-at

Japanese version has been out since 2013, need to give new players a chance to catch up with veterans I guess.

I read the AP regeneration is set to 3 minutes instead of 8 minutes, is that true?

JNA

Banned
Japanese version has been out since 2013, need to give new players a chance to catch up with veterans I guess.

I read the AP regeneration is set to 3 minutes instead of 8 minutes, is that true?

No it's 8 min, scratch that.

I mean you're right with this version being out since 2013 but still, I didn't think a Japanese mobile game would be this f2p friendly XD.

Yaari

Here is a facebook page of English ver. publisher. https://www.facebook.com/dragonacesea
Its Dragon Ace in English, but Dragon Poker (ドラゴンポーカー) in Japan.

Edit: Unlocked a new tavern and used my 4 tickets:

4* Oguma
3* Inuchiyo
3* Clauss x2
Cool. Got a SS card for that pre-registration. We'll see if I like the game.

As for Chain Quest. I've been an idiot and sold some characters that had a Chain Quest before completing them. Bleh.

Azusa

As for Chain Quest. I've been an idiot and sold some characters that had a Chain Quest before completing them. Bleh.

Dont worry you don't need to have them with you. I have sold Alvert weeks ago and his Chain Story started for me yesterday.

garath

So are you guys definitely selling all the 3* enhancers or using them to boost your rares? Its getting harder to level the higher level guys. But those sweet sweet fortune rings...

Yaari

So are you guys definitely selling all the 3* enhancers or using them to boost your rares? Its getting harder to level the higher level guys. But those sweet sweet fortune rings...

I only run 1 team, and do the Daily each day. Won't be long until I don't know what to use them on. Considering Sulstan will take like what, 350 rings (LB4)? I might not even make that, so I sell each of the enhancers.

Anyway the forum mod is encouraging everyone to send in a ticket if you don't feel the compensation was significant enough. So with that in mind, I'm pretty sure it will end with the 6 tickets I've gotten thus far.

garath

I only run 1 team, and do the Daily each day. Won't be long until I don't know what to use them on. Considering Sulstan will take like what, 350 rings (LB4)? I might not even make that, so I sell each of the enhancers.

Anyway the forum mod is encouraging everyone to send in a ticket if you don't feel the compensation was significant enough. So with that in mind, I'm pretty sure it will end with the 6 tickets I've gotten thus far.

Good point. I'd love to LB Lindsey and Sulstan sounds awesome. Every ring counts.

Sidenote, I got another ticket in my box. That makes 3 total. I only used 1 during the event. Cool. I'm ahead now.

Aki-at

2* enhancers can still help you level up level 60+ characters, just need about 4 or 5 of them in one go + maybe 1 or 2 1* enhancers.

Honestly I'd just sell every 3* enhancers I get. The benefits of getting a 5* far outweighs the benefits of leveling your character by 1 more level.

garath

2* enhancers can still help you level up level 60+ characters, just need about 4 or 5 of them in one go + maybe 1 or 2 1* enhancers.

Honestly I'd just sell every 3* enhancers I get. The benefits of getting a 5* far outweighs the benefits of leveling your character by 1 more level.

Good call. Will definitely keep selling them.

Did the 20ap daily twice today. Got the rare both times but didn't get the third chest both times lol. Sigh. I still need to progress the main story. Can't even get to Lindsey's first character quest yet.

zadig

Neo Member

I sell all 3* enhancers when I play the Vita version (which has lower SSR rates at the moment than the mobile version), but fuse them in the JP mobile version as you can get fortune rings from Daily Missions. And at the moment none of the ring characters interest me.

Sulstan cost me 100 rings. :( But it might be different in the mobile version.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Finally got my premium ticket for the issue the other day. Pulled another Kai. Oh well.

I got 5 more friend spots so I would love to add some more gaffers. 166,412,216

garath

These daily quests are obnoxious. 3 tries on the intermediate one:

- first try no third chest
- second try no third chest
- third try only the first chest?????? UGH. 20 ap for a single 1* enhancer and 300xp. That's garbage

Granted I got a fortune ring the first two passes but still. 60ap just in those and still haven't completed it. It's painful.

- third try only the first chest?????? UGH. 20 ap for a single 1* enhancer and 300xp. That's garbage

Granted I got a fortune ring the first two passes but still. 60ap just in those and still haven't completed it. It's painful.

Yep! And as someone who doesn't even have the max AP yet I almost don't bother half of the time. Only on weekends since enhancing is costing me a pretty penny

Jomjom

Banned
Good to know, thanks. :) I think I'll start on Adele's Chain Quest once I finish the Shining Blade Character Quests, and see how it goes.

Does no one else play the Vita version though? :(

This is my current party there (with Sen no Kiseki Ema and 1* Eddy in subs):
2015-01-28-131431.jpg

I don't have enough fortune rings to fully limit break Sulstan, sadly. :( And I wouldn't really recommend Herodia as a healer, but she was the pre-registration reward for the Vita version so I've had her since the beginning. I mean to use Arietta instead, but haven't gotten round to levelling her up at all yet.

I actually started with a Knight team with Wayne and the dragon knight Fii (?) guy but was having trouble with the harder quests. A fighter team seems to be working better (and practically all my friends list are using fighters too), though I'm hoping the Vita version goes to version 2 soon.

Waitttt what?!??! There are Sen no Kiseki characters in the Japanese version??

I really hope we get the Vita version here in the states.

Jomjom

Banned
It was part of a special collaboration event. Dunno if we'll ever get them.

Yeah probably not with the license issues. Weird that the would collaborate with falcom instead of just putting their shining or VC characters in. VC characters already have a similar art style.

Yeah probably not with the license issues. Weird that the would collaborate with falcom instead of just putting their shining or VC characters in. VC characters already have a similar art style.

Actually, Japan's getting a Shining Blade collaboration next month, lol

Pbae

OH SHIT! DRAGON POKER IS COMING!

This, Chain, and Crusader's Quest is my unholy trinity of time sinks.

Can't wait.

Azusa

Woo got lindsey :)
is dragon poker literally poker? never heard of it but I wouldn't mind giving that game a try.

Its like puzzle and dragons but instead of matching orbs you need to create poker hand with cards that you and other players(or bot) plays. Very good art, nice jazz music. Cool game. I have played Japanese version for two days to check it out.

KimChi

Here's the Dragon Poker thread. I know nothing about the game but if you are interested, make sure you grab the free bonuses. Only available today

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=805374
Have you tried rolling the free gacha stuff? the facebook sharing seems to make it infinite rolls, only thing with the SS gacha is Im always getting those frogs or skill fairies, and the picture next to it shows them too so curious if they actually have a chance for an SS character or its just frogs and fairies.
Edit: nvm theres a limit to rolling even with sharing a post on fb lol.
Its like puzzle and dragons but instead of matching orbs you need to create poker hand with cards that you and other players(or bot) plays. Very good art, nice jazz music. Cool game. I have played Japanese version for two days to check it out.

The art looks pretty nice, will give it a try then even though i know next to nothing about poker lol.

marrec

Banned
So just starting out here since I seem to be addicted to these Gacha games now. (sigh) Just wanted to ask:

Is any 5* pull worth keeping or should I try for a specific one?

I've got 2 5*s and they're both soldiers... but I don't wanna re-roll if the RNG is evil in this. :(

Azusa

So just starting out here since I seem to be addicted to these Gacha games now. (sigh) Just wanted to ask:

Is any 5* pull worth keeping or should I try for a specific one?

I've got 2 5*s and they're both soldiers... but I don't wanna re-roll if the RNG is evil in this. :(

Soldiers are the best.

Aki-at

Tell me about it. Even with a Nimpha friend I still sometimes get only 1 chest in the whole run. Just now I did a 10AP run and managed to get all chest in one run without a Nimpha friend. Prior 2 attempts with a Nimpha friend only resulted in 2 chests.

I really wonder how they calculate the random chest drops :/

garath

Tell me about it. Even with a Nimpha friend I still sometimes get only 1 chest in the whole run. Just now I did a 10AP run and managed to get all chest in one run without a Nimpha friend. Prior 2 attempts with a Nimpha friend only resulted in 2 chests.

I really wonder how they calculate the random chest drops :/

Ugh. Yeah. This is rough. I just did it again (80 ap now) and still no third chest. At least I got the rare final chest for a bonus fortune ring. I think I'm going to have to give up on the intermediate run for today. I managed to get 3 fortune rings out of it but I didn't get to progress the story at all :(

Vylash

Fair enough.

Next question: Should I be spending my Prysma asap or do I need to save it for something? I see that different taverns have different 5* pulls? Or am I confused?

each tavern has a different pool of rares you can get, you can save or spend but saving means you can do a 10+1

Top Bottom