• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Fair enough.

Next question: Should I be spending my Prysma asap or do I need to save it for something? I see that different taverns have different 5* pulls? Or am I confused?

Save the Prysma. Get a min of 500 before pulling anything (as you get a 10+1 pull - bonus 1). But it's also best to save the pulls for a rate up. The Ultra Rare pulls are really that. It's like a 3% chance or something. The rate ups double that chance.

Yes, different taverns have different characters.

marrec

Banned
Thanks for answers those newbie questions. Rearranged my party so that I have both 5* soldiers in and then a bunch of scrubs. :lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks for answers those newbie questions. Rearranged my party so that I have both 5* soldiers in and then a bunch of scrubs. :lol

I can't even afford that... I have some great and fun characters that have to sit on the sidelines.

Save the Prysma. Get a min of 500 before pulling anything (as you get a 10+1 pull - bonus 1). But it's also best to save the pulls for a rate up. The Ultra Rare pulls are really that. It's like a 3% chance or something. The rate ups double that chance.

Yes, different taverns have different characters.

If you're patient enough for version 2, pulls go all the way up to 7% chance.

chrono01

Here is a facebook page of English ver. publisher. https://www.facebook.com/dragonacesea
Its Dragon Ace in English, but Dragon Poker (ドラゴンポーカー) in Japan.

Edit: Unlocked a new tavern and used my 4 tickets:

4* Oguma
3* Inuchiyo
3* Clauss x2
I wish I had known about the pre-registration ahead of time, I don't have a lot of time left to try for an SS card [assuming it ends on the 31st when the game launches]. Only 6 rolls per day. I did pull a Flame Lord last night, but I heard some bad things about him so I passed. Preferably I want one of the females for "reasons". :(

I did claim an S skill enhancer from the second gatcha and 5x Dragon Gems from the third, so now I just need that SS card.

Here's hoping...

zadig

Neo Member
Omgggg. I want to play the JP version now.

The Shining Blade collab is on now in the Vita version. ;) I've never played Shining Blade, but I'm tempted to check it out now that I've actually heard of it, so ai guess it works out well for Sega lol

Would love a Valkyria collaboration. I really regret missing the Atelier and Dangan Ronpa ones last year. :(

Yaari

Yeah I got pretty lucky with that second Gacha just now. Apparently the timer reset so I could go for that again. So now I got Peridot on the first, SS boosters, and 5 Dragon Gems.

There's apparently a referal code thing, if the JP topic is anything to go by. Hope we can set that up too.

Cosmo Clock said SS won't make too much of a difference in the long run, but I like to start out with them.

chrono01

Cosmo Clock said SS won't make too much of a difference in the long run, but I like to start out with them.
Same. If I'm going to start something I'd rather start in the best manner possible.

BTW, how exactly will we claim these items in-game? I assume it's linked to the email address you used when signing up for a Magic Box account, but will re-rolling still be possible in the EN release? Like, re-roll until you get something good, then link your account and claim your won gatcha items from the pre-registration?

garath

I "pre-registered" too. Ended up with an S card. Didn't know I'd be able to try again later so I kept the third roll. Oh well. I'm used to starting these games with crap anyways lol.

chrono01

Never mind, the pre-registration gatcha ends tomorrow afternoon. If I had known, I would have picked that earlier SS card. :/

Oh well, hopefully I'll have 6 more rolls. Not entirely sure though, it might end before I get another chance.

Yaari

Same. If I'm going to start something I'd rather start in the best manner possible.

BTW, how exactly will we claim these items in-game? I assume it's linked to the email address you used when signing up for a Magic Box account, but will re-rolling still be possible in the EN release? Like, re-roll until you get something good, then link your account and claim your won gatcha items from the pre-registration?

I have no idea, it's new to me too. I was wondering the same thing actually.

Btw, if you really want a SS card. It's still possible. You just need some extra mail adresses. After all, you can roll 6 times PER gacha, per email adress. It really should not take more than 10 minutes to get a SS card.

Surely you can't be sure about the other 2 Gacha, but still, if you guys really want one..

zadig

Neo Member

Btw, if you really want a SS card. It's still possible. You just need some extra mail adresses. After all, you can roll 6 times PER gacha, per email adress. It really should not take more than 10 minutes to get a SS card.

Surely you can't be sure about the other 2 Gacha, but still, if you guys really want one..

If it works like other pre-registrations, they usually send you a serial code after the event is live and you input that code into the game.

chrono01

But if the items are linked to your email/Facebook account, I'd hate to have to re-login every time I wanted to play Dragon Ace [since my other two games, Chain Chronicle/Brave Frontier] are linked with the same email account I already registered with when creating my Magic Box account. :/

That's why I'm a bit curious as to how we claim these prizes. If it's just via a present code or whatever [obviously, one per game account] then the actual Magic Box account doesn't matter. However, if it isn't and the game is automatically linked with that specific email account... :(

Yaari

But if the items are linked to your email/Facebook account, I'd hate to have to re-login every time I wanted to play Dragon Ace [since my other two games, Chain Chronicle/Brave Frontier] are linked with the same email account I already registered with when creating my Magic Box account. :/

That's why I'm a bit curious as to how we claim these prizes. If it's just via a present code or whatever [obviously, one per game account] then the actual Magic Box account doesn't matter. However, if it isn't and the game is automatically linked with that specific email account... :(

Well, you don't need a different Facebook, you can use the same you've been using, just a different email.

As for email, true. But I log in automatically on most of my iOS games, it's not really an issue at all.

Ah well.

chrono01

Well, you don't need a different Facebook, you can use the same you've been using, just a different email.

As for email, true. But I log in automatically on most of my iOS games, it's not really an issue at all.

Ah well.
Hmm, that's true.

I should be able to create an account with a different email, do the gatcha, and then use my current Facebook account to login for extra pulls. Maybe.

I'll give it a try!

Yaari

Hmm, that's true.

I should be able to create an account with a different email, do the gatcha, and then use my current Facebook account to login for extra pulls. Maybe.

I'll give it a try!

That worked for me anyway. I wouldn't have bothered if I had to make a new Facebook for each attempt as well. Let me know if you managed to get something good. I think the rates are pretty decent for SS.

chrono01

That worked for me anyway. I wouldn't have bothered if I had to make a new Facebook for each attempt as well. Let me know if you managed to get something good. I think the rates are pretty decent for SS.
12 more pulls with two different email accounts, nothing but Rare cards. I'll need to create new accounts to go any further. :/

Edit: Another 6 pulls, more Rare cards. Ugh! Starting to think this isn't worth it...

Edit: ANOTHER 6 pulls, more Rare. I give up, I'm just going to re-roll for my SS.

Actually, from what I can see, the only two SS cards that appear to be worth it are Peridot and Garnet. The rest, while better than standard cards, aren't anything special.

I might try again for any SS card, but if I fail, I'll just try to re-roll for any of the above two. Assuming you CAN re-roll in the final game, and it's not too much of a headache to do so...

Edit #3: Never mind, apparently the game automatically ties itself to your Apple ID upon signing in, ala Brave Frontier. The only way to re-roll in that one was the factory restore your entire phone, which I won't be doing. :/

Unless you can do it the Chain Chronicle way and start an account on your primary device and, if you want to re-roll, transfer it to secondary device which will force a new game to begin on the primary one. Not sure that's possible, though.

Yaari

12 more pulls with two different email accounts, nothing but Rare cards. I'll need to create new accounts to go any further. :/

Edit: Another 6 pulls, more Rare cards. Ugh! Starting to think this isn't worth it...

Edit: ANOTHER 6 pulls, more Rare. I give up, I'm just going to re-roll for my SS.

Actually, from what I can see, the only two SS cards that appear to be worth it are Peridot and Garnet. The rest, while better than standard cards, aren't anything special.

I might try again for any SS card, but if I fail, I'll just try to re-roll for any of the above two. Assuming you CAN re-roll in the final game, and it's not too much of a headache to do so...

Edit #3: Never mind, apparently the game automatically ties itself to your Apple ID upon signing in, ala Brave Frontier. The only way to re-roll in that one was the factory restore your entire phone, which I won't be doing. :/

Unless you can do it the Chain Chronicle way and start an account on your primary device and, if you want to re-roll, transfer it to secondary device which will force a new game to begin on the primary one. Not sure that's possible, though.

Bad luck eh. Really think you should give it a few more tries. It's not like its really time consuming compared to what some other games make you go through, tutorials and such.

chrono01

Bad luck eh. Really think you should give it a few more tries. It's not like its really time consuming compared to what some other games make you go through, tutorials and such.
It's a pain having to think up a new account name each time you create an account, especially since it needs to be unique and something I can easily remember in case I need to log back into it [for whatever reason].

I'm running out of ideas. >_<

Yaari

It's a pain having to think up a new account name each time you create an account, especially since it needs to be unique and something I can easily remember in case I need to log back into it [for whatever reason].

I'm running out of ideas. >_<

I just use my usual nickname, and put a number after it. Yari1 Yari2 Yari3. Easy enough. I email myself the login data and even if I do forget, I'll have it saved.
In the end you'll only have to remember the single account that has the SS, the others can be dropped.

chrono01

I just use my usual nickname, and put a number after it. Yari1 Yari2 Yari3. Easy enough. I email myself the login data and even if I do forget, I'll have it saved.
In the end you'll only have to remember the single account that has the SS, the others can be dropped.
Hmm, good idea. I might adapt that method for myself.

I'll give it one more round of gatcha pulls [after it resets in around eight hours], and if I don't get anything of worth from my current accounts, I'll create more. Might as well!

Yaari

Hmm, good idea. I might adapt that method for myself.

I'll give it one more round of gatcha pulls [after it resets in around eight hours], and if I don't get anything of worth from my current accounts, I'll create more. Might as well!

It's much better than doing 10 min tutorials and only getting 2 rolls like in Chain Chronicle, haha. They are pretty generous with the Gacha..

I guess any SS will do, didn't know the others were not as good enough though.

Stider

Finally managed to re-roll a Nimpha with the ticket from tutorial. Should I save the prysma till I get 500?

ID: 110,726,770

(Also managed to get SS Lapis Lazuli from Dragon Ace gacha)

Bombless

Finally managed to re-roll a Nimpha with the ticket from tutorial. Should I save the prysma till I get 500?

ID: 110,726,770

(Also managed to get SS Lapis Lazuli from Dragon Ace gacha)

If you can manage to sit on all that prysma without it burning your fingers, sure.

JNA

Banned
Falnar kicks so much ass in the Japanese version. Single handedly taken me to lv 45 in demon raid. Hope to see her sooner than later in Global. Than again version 2 would also have to come out at that time.

zadig

Neo Member
I don't play the JP mobile version as much as the Vita version (which no one else seems to play :( ), but feel free to add me. :) My id is 118,026,698.

JNA

Banned
I don't play the JP mobile version as much as the Vita version (which no one else seems to play :( ), but feel free to add me. :) My id is 118,026,698.

Is the Vita version any different? What I mean is is there no cross play sort to speak with Vita and Ios/android versions?

zadig

Neo Member
Is the Vita version any different? What I mean is is there no cross play sort to speak with Vita and Ios/android versions?

The Vita version, Chain Chronicle V, runs separately from the original mobile version. It's still on version 1 (though it's been mentioned version 2 is coming soon), and the events are not the same (I think because it's behind the mobile version?). Also minor things like login bonuses are different. And we still have the lousy 1.7% SSR rate. =____=

JNA

Banned
The Vita version, Chain Chronicle V, runs separately from the original mobile version. It's still on version 1 (though it's been mentioned version 2 is coming soon), and the events are not the same (I think because it's behind the mobile version?). Also minor things like login bonuses are different. And we still have the lousy 1.7% SSR rate. =____=

Ah...that's a shame.

Wasted opportunity there. :(

johnsmith

remember me
How many rings does the 20 ap daily quest give? I can't even imagine being able to complete that daily. I wasn't even able to complete the 10 ap one today because after 8 runs I only got 2 of the chests.

zadig

Neo Member
How many rings does the 20 ap daily quest give? I can't even imagine being able to complete that daily. I wasn't even able to complete the 10 ap one today because after 8 runs I only got 2 of the chests.

1 ring only. But one of the chest drops is a 3* arcana card that can also be sold for a ring. Personally, I don't bother doing the harder quest (unless it's ap half time) as I only have enough ap for two runs. :

JNA

Banned
Started the Japanese version less than 24 hours and already beat lv 50. Falnar really is a beast in this raid.

Anybody playing this version know if this demon archer is any good?

Yaari

Did the new update ruin the sensitivity for anyone else? Its difficult to change teams now. The slightest touch selects things. iOS

Azusa

Started the Japanese version less than 24 hours and already beat lv 50. Falnar really is a beast in this raid.

Anybody playing this version know if this demon archer is any good?
I have tried JP ver. yesterday. As I expected it's not so interesting to play it in unknown language. But I liked that there is no auto battle. After the tutorial and first pulls I have deleted it.

Rixa

Starting game:

1. Message comes: You need to update
2. Goes google play (Sony Experia LT)
3. Cant find update, only says software is installed and works ok.

Rebooting phone doesnt help, when starting it always prompt that I need to update.

Elija2

I have tried JP ver. yesterday. As I expected it's not so interesting to play it in unknown language. But I liked that there is no auto battle. After the tutorial and first pulls I have deleted it.

What!? But auto-battle makes grinding lower-level quests tolerable!

zadig

Neo Member
What!? But auto-battle makes grinding lower-level quests tolerable!

I use a magician team plus a swordsman/knight friend support for easy quests like the the daily quests, and fast forward. The magicians usually manage to take care of normal enemies, while the friend support is for those enemies with shields.

JNA

Banned

Aww :(.

Well I did play a Yugioh DS game in japanese (only because during that time I knew every card by heart and the three english God cards came with it XD) so I guess that's why I'm a little tolerant in playing it in an unknown language for me.

Some of the units in the version look really cool tho. :D

Rixa

Searched CC from Google play and I did found "Update" button there. So logging to game doesnt offer update (which is ~41megs) but going straight to google play did the job DL update now.

Version 1.1.0 upgrades:
Exp Booster: Boosts all units EXP by 25% for 24Hrs (30 Prysma) (Doesn't affect Rank Exp incase you are wondering)

Gold Booster: Boost Gold obtained by 50% for 24Hrs (50 Prysma)

Dont waste your time / Prysma / money to these.

Top Bottom