• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Azusa

Aww :(.

Well I did play a Yugioh DS game in japanese (only because during that time I knew every card by heart and the three english God cards came with it XD) so I guess that's why I'm a little tolerant in playing it in an unknown language for me.

Some of the units in the version look really cool tho. :D
It isn't a problem to play it in Japanese. I can manage that. My main problem that I'm skiping all the stories. Especially if it is a new character that is not available in global version. I just have a feeling that I'm playing only half a game.

JNA

Banned
It isn't a problem to play it in Japanese. I can manage that. My main problem that I'm skiping all the stories. Especially if it is a new character that is not available in global version. I just have a feeling that I'm playing only half a game.

That's a very valid point. That's what I'm playing the global version for! :D

Japanese version I'm just here for what Global should have soon and for the babes fun mostly. :p

chrono01

The pre-registration for Dragon Ace seems to have ended early. It was supposed to go until 12PM GMT, and they ended it at 7AM GMT. :/

Azusa

The pre-registration for Dragon Ace seems to have ended early. It was supposed to go until 12PM GMT, and they ended it at 7AM GMT. :/
I think they'll spam new players with stones, gatcha tickets and other items in the first week.

I have updated the game, got daily, but new bundles aren't available for me. Strange.

chrono01

I think they'll spam new players with stones, gatcha tickets and other items in the first week.

I have updated the game, got daily, but new bundles aren't available for me. Strange.
Hopefully. I wish I didn't learn of this pre-registration so late into it, I definitely would have tried for an SS character.

Oh well!
There's always re-rolling.

Azusa

Oguma has wasteland combat (jp wiki: ATK 30% up, movement speed 30% up, the dmg received 20% down). And sadly it doesn't work in raids. So useless.

I don't know what to do with him. He has slight better stats than Dusty - ATK: 5,800 HP: 4,900. Especially bigger HP pool and that's it. Should I invest in leveling him or not?

Managed to get to the holy city, used a couple of tickets and got two fairly useless rares :/
Got 10k of Arcana coins but not sure what to do with them as I thought the taverns gave you new pools but the city only has tickets..

JNA

Banned
Pulled another Demon Talubik in the recruiting opening.

Now at LB2! Pull one more time and get her at LV80 and I can LB4 her! Japanese version RNGesus loves me here! XD

Yaari

Update broke the game for my iPhone 6 Plus. It's weird you guys don't notice but then again I installed the game on my iPad and it works fine there. So I think it might be exclusive to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Basically any tap I do registers twice, or even thrice. So when I want to turn on Auto-Battle, it sets it to x2 speed, or instantly disables it again.

When I am enhancing, it deselects the item I selected, instantly.

Really annoying. I can't do anything like this. Especially when I need to change a party member, I'm screwed. It's not my phone because other games work fine, and it started to occur after that update pop-up last night.

As for Dragon Poker. Sucks that they shut it down early. I really thought it was up for another day.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Update broke the game for my iPhone 6 Plus. It's weird you guys don't notice but then again I installed the game on my iPad and it works fine there. So I think it might be exclusive to the iPhone 6 Plus.

Basically any tap I do registers twice, or even thrice. So when I want to turn on Auto-Battle, it sets it to x2 speed, or instantly disables it again.

Really annoying. I can't do anything like this. Especially when I need to change a party member, I'm screwed. It's not my phone because other games work fine, and it started to occur after that update pop-up last night.

As for Dragon Poker. Sucks that they shut it down early. I really thought it was up for another day.

I'm on a 6+ and haven't had any issues. Might want to delete and reinstall completely.

Pbae

The AP requirements after you enter Soul Island is so high.

I can only do like 2 quest and have to wait so long T_T

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Giving this a try. Got a 3 star spear user. My user number is 180,258,664 if anyone wants to add me.

Added you.

And a general comment - GAF should put GAF in their names if possible. I get so many random requests, I don't know who to accept and who to punt.

blackflag

Works fine for me on iphone 6 plus. No different that preupdate.

Azusa

New chapters are hard. I'm at Chapter 8 and my team have a hard time with a mob waves before boss. If I didn't have my strong healer I doubt I could finish this chapter missions.

garath

New chapters are hard. I'm at Chapter 8 and my team have a hard time with a mob waves before boss. If I didn't have my strong healer I doubt I could finish this chapter missions.

Cool. I look forward to it. I'm only in chapter 5 I think? 5-2 the mission says. I have a ways to go. It's been a pushover so far though.

Azusa

I make little progress with 90 percent of my AP wasted on Daily Quests. Chapter 2.

story exp.
0C989Jf.png

Drop those daily quest and do the main story first. Its not like you can farm 70 rings in 2 days.

chrono01

story exp.

Drop those daily quest and do the main story first. Its not like you can farm 70 rings in 2 days.
Yeah, I've been doing all-story quests since I LB4'd my Lindsey. I want/need Fortune Rings for Sulstan, but I figure Rank is more important at the moment [to increase daily AP as well as unit cost].

Plus I want to unlock the Nine Territories Tavern so I can pull there when we have a rate-up.

Yaari

Yeah but I was really close to my next Lindsey. That said, now done with that. I'll focus on the Story, I really a higher team limit. That's some big exp for the Main Story.

Also want to do my Chain Quests. Seems like it gives fun rewards.

Hi, found this Thread a couple of days ago and though I give this game a try. (190.450.405 just started Chapter 2)

I guess I was kind of lucky so far. The tutorial gave me a 5*Warrior Loletta and a 4*Archer Phillip. I didn't know about the Bonus at 500 Crystalthings so I recruited again when I had 50 and got a second 5*Warrior called Kiki ;-)

Only Problem is that I can't use all of them and I think my defense might be a little weak with only 1*Characters. But at the moment the offense is clearly strong enough.

I also have one beginner question: What should I do with the 1*Characters I get? Should I use them all for enhancement, or should I keep them? I'm usually a 'keep one of each'-person when it comes to items/weapons etc. in rpgs. But I have a feeling that this might not be the best way here, I'm more or less at the card-limit and had to get rid of those guys where I could finish their quest.

chrono01

I also have one beginner question: What should I do with the 1*Characters I get? Should I use them all for enhancement, or should I keep them? I'm usually a 'keep one of each'-person when it comes to items/weapons etc. in rpgs. But I have a feeling that this might not be the best way here, I'm more or less at the card-limit and had to get rid of those guys where I could finish their quest.
There are far too many 1*/2* units to keep, without increasing your Arcana limit [using Prysma] to obscene levels. Do all of their quests [usually only one for 1*, some of the 2* have multiple] and then get rid of them. You can check their information on the Allies section of the Menu and, if they have an un-filled slot below their portrait, they still have a quest to do. Keep in mind that you can still complete their quest even after selling them, provided you have it unlocked first.

You should definitely keep and LB Dusty/Latty, though. They're on the higher tier of 2* units, and are extremely helpful for the Titan's Cave Trial.

Ah if I can do the quest without keeping them that makes things much easier.
And thanks, I'll keep an eye out for Dusty/Latty. (I think I might already have one)

JNA

Banned
Ah if I can do the quest without keeping them that makes things much easier.
And thanks, I'll keep an eye out for Dusty/Latty. (I think I might already have one)

For Dusty, just do the Station of the Quarral free quest (I think I spelled it right) and get enough to limit break Dusty four times.

For Latty, do Beast Eradication free quest. Same deal with Dusty.

There's a chance you won't pick up a Latty or Dusty every time since its a chest drop but just keep doing them until you do. Than you are ready to go! :D

I don't know what I'm doing. I am terrible.
Does the healing of a healer scale with his or her ATK?

Yes it increases with their Attack.

garath

I was going to pick up another Lindsey but I'm about 15 short. I guess I'm just going to save up for Sulstan and hope that Lindsey comes back sooner rather than later.

I REALLY want a rate up dammit. I have 17 pulls waiting. 650 prysma and 3 tickets. I'll get a ton of rings from that.

I've been playing for the last couple weeks, now starting Chapter 4 since I was trying to do most of the sidequests and I've been only playing like once or twice a day. I did get lucky and pull a 5 star though.

ID: 109574197

Azusa

I was going to pick up another Lindsey but I'm about 15 short. I guess I'm just going to save up for Sulstan and hope that Lindsey comes back sooner rather than later.

I REALLY want a rate up dammit. I have 17 pulls waiting. 650 prysma and 3 tickets. I'll get a ton of rings from that.

Rate up is live. Are you waiting for a different one?

garath

Rate up is live. Are you waiting for a different one?

garath is probably waiting for a Tavern-exclusive rate-up.

I know I am.

Yeah. I have no interest in any of the chain characters (since they pulled Julianna) tbh. At least not enough to dump my prysma on. Plus for some reason they won't allow the 10+1 pull. Weird.

A tavern one would be best. Other than that, something that would really complement my soldier heavy party.

I really want a Julianna or a Nimpha the most right now. Maybe a good rate up on the new tavern (when I get there).

Elija2

Man, I hate when I have all my units huddled together around a boss enemy and I try to move one back to give it time to heal but I end up accidentally selecting the wrong unit and the other unit dies. It happens way too many times and it's really annoying. I wish there were a way to select units without having to tap them on the screen because it's almost impossible to do when they're so close to each other.

I am a patient man. I finally rolled Nimpha after 11 days of grueling rerolling (not straight mind you). Also got Loletta with the free premium ticket! I only have 15 friend spots at the moment but my ID is 124,451,876 if anyone needs a low level friend who is in for the long haul. It's nice to actually play the game!

Redberyl

Neo Member
And a general comment - GAF should put GAF in their names if possible. I get so many random requests, I don't know who to accept and who to punt.

It is pretty helpful help differentiate, right now I'm using a spreadsheet to try to keep track (lol).

Got a level 19 Nimpha as my leader in case I can help anyone out - 173,492,206 (added a few of you already, I'm RBGaf)

Zhengi

So I got my Juliana up to level 18. Anyone know if the chain stories are worth doing? I've done up to the third story for Juliana and wondering if it's worth the effort. Thanks.

My ID is 161,611,544.

Top Bottom