• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

So I got my Juliana up to level 18. Anyone know if the chain stories are worth doing? I've done up to the third story for Juliana and wondering if it's worth the effort. Thanks.

My ID is 161,611,544.

Each chapter gives you a fortune ring and the last one gives you two premium tickets. Completing a chain story also gives you Phoena as a unit. Costs a lot of AP, but the payout is worth it.
Just finished Alvert's chain story and am starting Slay's. Hopefully they add Jedah's soon so I can do her's as well.

Jomjom

Banned
I am a patient man. I finally rolled Nimpha after 11 days of grueling rerolling (not straight mind you). Also got Loletta with the free premium ticket! I only have 15 friend spots at the moment but my ID is 124,451,876 if anyone needs a low level friend who is in for the long haul. It's nice to actually play the game!

Wow you need to go play the lottery right now. That's like a .02% chance of getting 2 5* with those two chances.

zadig

Neo Member
I am a patient man. I finally rolled Nimpha after 11 days of grueling rerolling (not straight mind you). Also got Loletta with the free premium ticket! I only have 15 friend spots at the moment but my ID is 124,451,876 if anyone needs a low level friend who is in for the long haul. It's nice to actually play the game!

Wow, I admire your dedication. And luck. :D I find rerolling so tedious, I gave up rerolling Bravely Archive the moment I pulled a 5*, even though it wasn't the one I originally wanted.

Funny enough, I did buy Powerball tickets tonight. Yeah, this was tedious. I did the same thing when I started Puzzle and Dragons rolling for Odin (man have things changed since then). Thankfully I'm really enjoying this game though I'm going to have to start reading up on its intricacies.

Zhengi

Each chapter gives you a fortune ring and the last one gives you two premium tickets. Completing a chain story also gives you Phoena as a unit. Costs a lot of AP, but the payout is worth it.
Just finished Alvert's chain story and am starting Slay's. Hopefully they add Jedah's soon so I can do her's as well.

Thanks. I'll definitely try to finish the chain story then.

You should definitely keep and LB Dusty/Latty, though. They're on the higher tier of 2* units, and are extremely helpful for the Titan's Cave Trial.

May I ask what it is that makes Dusty so valuable? In his role as warrior without shield I already have Loletta and Kiki (both 5*). Is he something like super-party-cost-efficient?

Bombless

May I ask what it is that makes Dusty so valuable? In his role as warrior without shield I already have Loletta and Kiki (both 5*). Is he something like super-party-cost-efficient?
For a 2* he has very high attack stats and being a drop he can be easily limit broken.

Just started playing this, changed my name to WaxGAF. First time really playing one of these games, hope its fun! Would appreciate some help from fellow GAFers. :)

Rixa

It is pretty helpful help differentiate, right now I'm using a spreadsheet to try to keep track (lol).

Got a level 19 Nimpha as my leader in case I can help anyone out - 173,492,206 (added a few of you already, I'm RBGaf)

So its you :). Was wondering who Gafer I have as a friend. I did change my name once and it seems it changed back (update broke it).

RixGAF and my ID: 112,085,091

This my party:

CCParty1.png

As subsitutes I have Kain (leveling him, then changing to Michida & Marina at some point) and Phoena which is my only 5*, got her doing Chain story Quest, I was very underleveled but it was worth of it

Latty & Dusty are 4xLB, collecting Prysma for future pulls, also got 2 Premium tickets from Chain Story.

Azusa

Some chain stories gives a great weapon instead of tickets. And about Phoena. You will receive her after completing one, four and so on stories. There is a list somewhere.

Gizuko

So I was rerolling and got cadet Karen (5*) and ryubia (3*), should I keep them? I was aiming for barienna, but this might be good as well.

Bombless

Reached 520 prysma. Was debating wether I should wait for an event or burn it. Been going back and forth for 2 days but ultimately decided to go ahead and spend it. I'd be able to regain some until the next big event anyway.

Holy shit.

JNA

Banned
Reached 520 prysma. Was debating wether I should wait for an event or burn it. Been going back and forth for 2 days but ultimately decided to go ahead and spend it. I'd be able to regain some until the next big event anyway.

Holy shit.

...4 4*s and 1 5*...shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

Did you do this at a Tavern or at event?

Rixa

Holy shit.

Oh my o_O, talking about lucky pulls. Knights everywhere wtf :D

Bombless

Holy City tavern, I want a full knight team. Now...I have too many of them. I just..can't process it right now.

I gotta say though, the way they present the cards is great, with Pirika and the fortune teller calling the big ones. It really hyped me up.

Azusa

If anyone interested. There is a way to change limited bundle that game offers.

Two days ago a limited AP refill bundle was offered to me. I didn't press X I just closed the game completely and logged in again. Then I saw a rapid increase in bundle offers - many stamina and level bundles. Today when I used my daily gift premium ticket limited Tavern Bundle pops out. Its one of the best value bundle available. The other one requirements are unknown, but to trigger a "One Time Recruit Pack" you need to roll in a tavern.

JNA

Banned
Holy City tavern, I want a full knight team. Now...I have too many of them. I just..can't process it right now.

I gotta say though, the way they present the cards is great, with Pirika and the fortune teller calling the big ones. It really hyped me up.

Well you wanted a Knight team...game said "NOW ALL YOU GET IS KNIGHTS MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah I do like that nifty feature. Really hypes up the pull when Pirika is like "Oh shit dude! You just pulled something super special awesome!" XD

Rixa

Well you wanted a Knight team...game said "NOW ALL YOU GET IS KNIGHTS MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Yeah I do like that nifty feature. Really hypes up the pull when Pirika is like "Oh shit dude! You just pulled something super special awesome!" XD
Hah knights everywhere :)

Thanks to this I decided to use 2 Premium tickets in starting place tavern(!) which I got from Slay Chain Story.

Got these 2 on the right o_O

Now my question is, which one I toss away from party?
(Kain & Phoena subs). Phoena gets replaced?

What I do whit that 3* Blade forger, my Hero has B blade, shall I use for it or is it wasted? Been keeping Hero in party due to 0 party cost.
Can I sell Ryubia?

Bombless

Kinda, it gave me Parchele when I just started too lol. Too bad they won't all fit in one team ;_;

Rixa

You'll probably need more levels before you can have Aludra and Phoena in the same party. Best put Phoena aside for now, she needs a lot of level ups before she becomes useful.

Yes, that I did. Also had some Arcana, so Aludra is now at level 15 and next thing to do is start Aludras quest (req lvl 15), where enemies start at lvl 22.

Iam aiming for 2 mage party, Minimo (lvl 13 now) being another mage. Dont know yet if I keep Dusty or Aida (better hp) as tank. But that Aludra quest its: Aludra, Dusty, Latty, Aida.

Yaari

Got Phoena, hope I can eventually get more chain quests. But it seems like its going to cost some money to unlock them. Most are triggered by 5* cards.

marrec

Banned
Crud, got the end of the Chain Chronicle I was doing and can't complete it. The dudes just hit too hard.

Guess I have to level up my guys for now. :(

Yaari

Got a reply from gumi team that does not at all sound like they are close to a solution to that Juliana thing.. lol.

Rixa

I did read that best place to farm exp is:

Area: Sage's Tower
Tavern: "Tower of Might"
Free quest called: Fruits of Research
Mob level 14
Cost 6 AP
Exp reward: 400

^^ Iam spending my AP's there to raise my Aludra (and party). It also gives Magic enhancers as reward which suits me really fine.

Feel free to add me.

Name: RixGAF
ID: 112,085,091

Zhengi

I did read that best place to farm exp is:

Area: Sage's Tower
Tavern: "Tower of Might"
Free quest called: Fruits of Research
Mob level 14
Cost 6 AP
Exp reward: 400

^^ Iam spending my AP's there to raise my Aludra (and party). It also gives Magic enhancers as reward which suits me really fine.

Feel free to add me.

Name: RixGAF
ID: 112,085,091

Thanks for this tip. I'm going to try to farm this cause I'm getting whooped in the Chain Stories.

Edit: Also, how are people gaining so many prysms? I have a hard time gaining them without paying for them.

Jomjom

Banned
Thanks for this tip. I'm going to try to farm this cause I'm getting whooped in the Chain Stories.

Edit: Also, how are people gaining so many prysms? I have a hard time gaining them without paying for them.

Do all the free quests and character unlockable quests.

desverger

So how do weapons and those weaponsmith arcanas work exactly?

If I have character with a C rank sword, I can enhance her/him with a B weapon arcana and it will get upgraded? Do I have to upgrade the weapons in order, like C-B-A?

How do blade crafters fit in all of this? Do they just upgrade the current weapon or are the upgrades permanent?

Bombless

So how do weapons and those weaponsmith arcanas work exactly?

If I have character with a C rank sword, I can enhance her/him with a B weapon arcana and it will get upgraded? Do I have to upgrade the weapons in order, like C-B-A?

How do blade crafters fit in all of this? Do they just upgrade the current weapon or are the upgrades permanent?

Weapon evolvers replace the weapon the character it is applied to uses (like a B sword to replace a C sword). Weapon enhancers add stats to the equipped weapon. You can enhance any weapon with any card but it'll work better if it's a card of the same type as the weapon it is used on. Also the chance % it'll work increases with the number of cards you fuse with the weapon at the same time.

desverger

Weapon evolvers replace the weapon the character it is applied to uses (like a B sword to replace a C sword). Weapon enhancers add stats to the equipped weapon. You can enhance any weapon with any card but it'll work better if it's a card of the same type as the weapon it is used on. Also the chance % it'll work increases with the number of cards you fuse with the weapon at the same time.

So I can always equip a better weapon, I'm not gonna be stuck with anything - that's good.

What about the enhancers, are they gone if I use them first and then enhance with a better class weapon?

Teiran

So I can always equip a better weapon, I'm not gonna be stuck with anything - that's good.

What about the enhancers, are they gone if I use them first and then enhance with a better class weapon?
Any stat upgrades that are on the previous weapon carry over to the new weapon.

Let's say you have someone with a Long Sword fully enhanced at 5/5/5. If you give that unit another weapon, that weapon will already have 5/5/5 filled in.

The only way to "lose" stats is by switching to a weapon with a lower cap. If you have someone with a fully enhanced Kotetsu (6/12/5) and want to give them a Zweihander (max 10/5/7), they'll lose the overflow of 7 crit because the new weapon can't hold it.

Yaari

Seeing how kLab compensated within hours made me realize that this is just Gumi being a bunch of asses over the entire Juliana thing.

I missed out on that entire thing and am not salty about it, and can stil appreciate the support over people were given.

Basically they advertised 10+1 rolls giving a guaranteed SR card while it didn't. It only lasted an hour but they still 100% refunded everyone. Now it only lasted an hour, but that game has hell of a lot more players.

04d99223fa.jpg

GungHo is the same with PAD. People tend to overvalue digital currency like Magic Stones, Loveca Stones, Phrysma... it's worth shit compared to real money. But Gumi is being really lame with this. They should refund everyone. 100%.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Seeing how kLab compensated within hours made me realize that this is just Gumi being a bunch of asses over the entire Juliana thing.

I missed out on that entire thing and am not salty about it, and can stil appreciate the support over people were given.

Basically they advertised 10+1 rolls giving a guaranteed SR card while it didn't. It only lasted an hour but they still 100% refunded everyone. Now it only lasted an hour, but that game has hell of a lot more players.

GungHo is the same with PAD. People tend to overvalue digital currency like Magic Stones, Loveca Stones, Phrysma... it's worth shit compared to real money. But Gumi is being really lame with this. They should refund everyone. 100%.

I didn't spend any money o rroll during this period, but I would be furious if I did and this bullshit happened. I would demand a refund.

Top Bottom