• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Seeing how kLab compensated within hours made me realize that this is just Gumi being a bunch of asses over the entire Juliana thing.

I missed out on that entire thing and am not salty about it, and can stil appreciate the support over people were given.

Basically they advertised 10+1 rolls giving a guaranteed SR card while it didn't. It only lasted an hour but they still 100% refunded everyone. Now it only lasted an hour, but that game has hell of a lot more players.

04d99223fa.jpg

GungHo is the same with PAD. People tend to overvalue digital currency like Magic Stones, Loveca Stones, Phrysma... it's worth shit compared to real money. But Gumi is being really lame with this. They should refund everyone. 100%.
I don't think anyone would argue that Gumi doesn't attempt to money-grab as much as they can. That's why I was hoping another publisher would be handling Chain Chronicle. The game itself is great, I just wish someone else was managing it. :/

Speaking of, I still didn't get refunded my 200 Prysma for the pulls during the Julianna event. I'm still out a Premium Ticket too [they only refunded me three instead of four]. I know I'm not going to get it.

Not only that, the Daily Login is still bugged. I never got the prompt today despite logging in/out multiple times. This has been an issue since pre-release, and we're still being affected by it. :/

garath

Seeing how kLab compensated within hours made me realize that this is just Gumi being a bunch of asses over the entire Juliana thing.

I missed out on that entire thing and am not salty about it, and can stil appreciate the support over people were given.

Basically they advertised 10+1 rolls giving a guaranteed SR card while it didn't. It only lasted an hour but they still 100% refunded everyone. Now it only lasted an hour, but that game has hell of a lot more players.

04d99223fa.jpg

GungHo is the same with PAD. People tend to overvalue digital currency like Magic Stones, Loveca Stones, Phrysma... it's worth shit compared to real money. But Gumi is being really lame with this. They should refund everyone. 100%.

What's that game?

And yeah, GungHo goes crazy with the compensation. Every time I log in I see orbs lol.

Gumi could be a little more generous really. Oh well.

Aki-at

Not only that, the Daily Login is still bugged. I never got the prompt today despite logging in/out multiple times. This has been an issue since pre-release, and we're still being affected by it. :/

I've noticed this and I *think* it occurs if you login in at a set time. If I decide to pop in around 5am - 7am GMT I'm never prompted with a a daily login, later on I always am.

I can't really confirm but it seems to be the case. It's really unfortunate but Gumi have handle this game so poorly, I still remember all the server downtime between November - December... So much lost AP : (

Chucker

I swear this game crashes more than any other I have played. iPhone 5S, latest iOS.

Went to start the last chain story (14AP) and it took my points and peaced out :(

JNA

Banned
What's that game?

And yeah, GungHo goes crazy with the compensation. Every time I log in I see orbs lol.

Gumi could be a little more generous really. Oh well.

Indeed. As a guy who's playing both the Japanese version and Global version, the difference is so uncanny. Just for the generous part alone. Japanese, I'm swimming in Fortune rings and Prysma. Also in just a couple of days, I leveled my Falnar to level 60.

Global, I can't even level my Nimpha past lv 38 without spending so much Gold. And getting Fortune rings? HA! :(

How does one install the Japanese version? Even searching for Chain Chronicle in Japanese in the Google Store still only gives me the International version.

Merun

Indeed. As a guy who's playing both the Japanese version and Global version, the difference is so uncanny. Just for the generous part alone. Japanese, I'm swimming in Fortune rings and Prysma. Also in just a couple of days, I leveled my Falnar to level 60.

Global, I can't even level my Nimpha past lv 38 without spending so much Gold. And getting Fortune rings? HA! :(

That's because JPCC has already been there for a good year. From what I read, at the beginning it was barely better than current global in term of generosity ( better as in, they didn't have GUMI )

Vylash

version 2 has missions which give you a ton of fortune rings and prysma, the english version isn't there yet

Rixa

What's the easiest way to start a chain story? Really want Pheona.

Try to grab 3* Slay, he has Chain Story and reward is Phoen + Premium tickets. Thanks to those tickets I got 5* Aludra, Phoena is not in my party, as she seems to suck badly.

Merun

Try to grab 3* Slay, he has Chain Story and reward is Phoen + Premium tickets. Thanks to those tickets I got 5* Aludra, Phoena is not in my party, as she seems to suck badly.

Phoena is great as sub, when you unlock her level 60 ability. Problem is, we can't unlock it atm.

garath

Meh. I decided to drop the two bonus tickets I got as compensation for the Julianna thing and see if I could get a chain quest person. Nope. Just two 3* I already had and sold.

desverger

Meh. I decided to drop the two bonus tickets I got as compensation for the Julianna thing and see if I could get a chain quest person. Nope. Just two 3* I already had and sold.

Haven't been too lucky with that either. Only 3 3* so far.

I did get Slay though, which is great for the chain story quest!

Rixa

Haven't been too lucky with that either. Only 3 3* so far.

I did get Slay though, which is great for the chain story quest!

For that Slay CSQ, prepare to use a lot of AP's. I did it with help of AP Fruits & 2 Revival seeds.
I was really underleveled for that chain (final chapters enemies were 24 level).

This was my party after last quest in CSQ.

But the rewards for completing CSQ are so nice :). Phoena & 2x Premium ticket.

Those 2 in the right were what I got from using Premium Tickets (in 1st Tavern, so no +rate % for pulls), I was really lucky.
Phoena & Aludra are my only 5*, I dont have 4* either.

desverger

For that Slay CSQ, prepare to use a lot of AP's. I did it with help of AP Fruits & 2 Revival seeds.
I was really underleveled for that chain (final chapters enemies were 24 level).

Yeah, I'm taking my time with it. I've just started out anyway so I don't have a lot of AP and all my characters are woefully underleveled.

I'll complete it eventually :p

Rixa

Yeah, I'm taking my time with it. I've just started out anyway so I don't have a lot of AP and all my characters are woefully underleveled.

I'll complete it eventually :p

What is your ID and game name, I could send Friend Request (If we are not friends). My Aludra (21lvl) could help you in the game. Ive opened her ability (can melee enemies).

Everyone, change your name so it has GAF (mine is RixGAF). So I know who to keep as friend :p.

desverger

What is your ID and game name, I could send Friend Request (If we are not friends). My Aludra (21lvl) could help you in the game. Ive opened her ability (can melee enemies).

Everyone, change your name so it has GAF (mine is RixGAF). So I know who to keep as friend :p.

136,636,939 - name would be Kettle :)

chrono01

The six character limit makes adding any sort of "tag" to your name incredibly frustrating. Like for me, it would be:

ChrGAF
CnoGAF

Six characters is really limiting. :/

garath

The six character limit makes adding any sort of "tag" to your name incredibly frustrating. Like for me, it would be:

ChrGAF
CnoGAF

Six characters is really limiting. :/

Yeah. I'd be gargaf. Lol.

We'll just have to make sure we have a good player id list in this thread.

Yaari

And friendlist is pretty limited. Most guys should recognize my name from here.

I wonder when they will do a second try with Juliana. Wasn't she actually scheduled for the second Demon Raid?

I hope that I can get my current team maxed out for that next one. The main players anyway, the sub party will be too far off.

Hoping for a cool event starting next week. This week was a little boring after the cool Demon Raid.

And friendlist is pretty limited. Most guys should recognize my name from here.

I wonder when they will do a second try with Juliana. Wasn't she actually scheduled for the second Demon Raid?

I hope that I can get my current team maxed out for that next one. The main players anyway, the sub party will be too far off.

Hoping for a cool event starting next week. This week was a little boring after the cool Demon Raid.
What is your ID#? I might have deleted you by mistake.

elty

Do people save their Arcana point or use them for normal recruit? Leveling is so slow, even with 10 x lv2 matching card my Nimpha only move from lv 19 to 21.

garath

Do people save their Arcana point or use them for normal recruit? Leveling is so slow, even with 10 x lv2 matching card my Nimpha only move from lv 19 to 21.

I used the coins until I was confident I had all the normal recruits so I could unlock their quests and limit break the starter characters.

After that I've been hoarding them. Have 30k now. Supposedly come version 2 we'll get the opportunity to turn 2k coin pulls into a guaranteed 3* or something.

Bombless

I'm going to use mine to get cards to level up my characters. I don't care about 3* anymore since I have truckloads of them and all the 4* and 5* I want/need for my Knight Party of DOOM. That and version 2 could land either tomorrow or in 6 months, if you're just starting I think you're hurting yourself more than it helps to hoard them.

desverger

Sounds like there's a new event starting tomorrow? Order of Pure Hearts something something. Repeatable event quests in Dawning, "Knights' Attack" quest drops stam fruits, enhancers and fortune rings, while "The Targeted Knight" quest drops weapon evolve arcana.

How generous are these events usually and do you need a good squad for them?

Also, what the heck is going on with that daily login bonus? Yesterday I claimed a bonus three times, got my rarity bar to 3, now it's down to 1 again :p

I don't even..

Sounds like there's a new event starting tomorrow? Order of Pure Hearts something something. Repeatable event quests in Dawning, "Knights' Attack" quest drops stam fruits, enhancers and fortune rings, while "The Targeted Knight" quest drops weapon evolve arcana.

Also, what the heck is going on with that daily login bonus? Yesterday I claimed a bonus three times, got my rarity bar to 3, now it's down to 1 again :p

I don't even..

Pretty much depends on your luck. Kinda doable, I'm guessing it'll probably be in the 20s range at most? Depends on if it is progression event where each day has a new quest or just repeatable.

The login bonus is glitchy, but it also gets cut in half once a new month rolls over.

chrono01

I don't even..
We usually have an event once a week or so, they seem pretty consistent thankfully. As for difficulty, the past ones weren't too bad, although the Mage Trial one was difficult for many, especially if you didn't have a solid Mage team already.

Concerning the daily reward resetting, it's like that at the beginning of every month. It's cut in-half, so if you were at the maximum like I was [20], you'll be at 10 + 1 [for logging in] today. Since you were at 3, I'm guessing they halved you down to 1.

desverger

Okay, thanks for the info. Guess we'll see how the event is, I'm pretty much rolling with an all warrior squad + Latty atm :p

So far my order of importance for things to do has been:
1. Main story for exp.
2. Complete side quests for prysma.
3. Farm Dusty and Latty cards from their respectable repeatable quests.

Changed my name to "StzGAF."
No better feeling than getting a 3* character from a regular arcana pull. Managed to get Cadille. Might keep her for her poison which is supposedly a really effective status ailment on raid bosses.

Merun

I don't even..

I may use all my stamina fruits on the Knights' Attack quest. Difficulty is scalable so just pick the highest level you can clear and repeat. It's a ranking and levelling up quest, so it's better to take advantage of it, because aside of the main story, exp is scarce.

I expect the exp/ap cost to be the same as last time exp event.:

Rookie = 325exp/5ap
Intermediate = 480exp/6ap
Advanced = 700exp/7ap
Expert = 960exp/8ap

I managed to clear advanced with my 2 weeks old team but it wasn't a walk in the park because of suicide goblin boom.

Rixa

I may use all my stamina fruits on the Knights' Attack quest. Difficulty is scalable so just pick the highest level you can clear and repeat. It's a ranking and levelling up quest, so it's better to take advantage of it, because aside of the main story, exp is scarce.

I expect the exp/ap cost to be the same as last time exp event.:

Rookie = 325exp/5ap
Intermediate = 480exp/6ap
Advanced = 700exp/7ap
Expert = 960exp/8ap

I managed to clear advanced with my 2 weeks old team but it wasn't a walk in the park because of suicide goblin boom.

This is my party at the moment. Not sure if I start with Intermediate. Also it depends what friends I can use for boosting (got 1 level 65 friend).

Merun

This is my party at the moment. Not sure if I start with Intermediate. Also it depends what friends I can use for boosting (got 1 level 65 friend).

Welp, I just found the JPCC informations for the event And nope I can't read moon runes else I wouldn't be playing in global.

But here are the interesting tidbits.

Rookie lvl 1 5AP/250exp
Intermediate lvl 12 6AP/400exp
Advanced lvl 22 7AP/525exp
Expert lvl36 8AP/680

Worst rate than the last event, but this time they should also give enhancers drop instead of gold which is better for arcana.

Otherwise, the 2 quests which we will get seems to be hard.

First will be at lvl20, and the second at lvl 44.

With your team I think you could go for advanced difficulty. It should be easier than last time's advanced because there is no mention of goblin boom. Still, you are barely cutting above the quest lvl so tread with precaution.

Edit: I forgot but with this event I should reach rank 42 and get 5 more friend slot, and level up my Lindsey to 80, so I will add people ;)

Rixa

With your team I think you could go for advanced difficulty. It should be easier than last time's advanced because there is no mention of goblin boom. Still, you are barely cutting above the quest lvl so tread with precaution.
Thank you! Doing Story so I hope to get one level more before tomorrow. Aiming for advanced difficulty.

Azusa

Welp, I just found the JPCC informations for the event And nope I can't read moon runes else I wouldn't be playing in global.

Not bad. The hardest quest final reward is 10 rings.

I have found one video of this quest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx6GQi5nf44
As I see his party isn't particularly strong - 60 lvl Nimpha, 24lvl Dusty, 38lvl 3* healer, low level 2* and 38 lvl 5* mage friend. Its way easier than last mage event quests.

Edit: Received response from gumi

Greetings Captain!

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be inform that upon checking your records it shows that you have only summon a recruit 20 times during the event duration and for that 3 summon ticket will be the compensation, so what we have sent is correct and accurate. For other inquiries feel free to contact us again.

Regards
Chain Chronicle Team

Well, actually I have summoned when event started and Juliana was available so maybe they are right here.

garath

Oh nice. A new event? I'm all for it. Need more levels but I'll rock the advanced for sure.

Was just about to post about the daily login cut in half but I see that was already addressed :)

Yaari

Hmm so Azusa got a personal reply eh. They shut me off instead. My issue there is that it is pretty much impossible to prove when they were screwing around with the server.

Anyway cool that a new event is starting.

Rixa

Awesome, hopefully the new event will lead to some good stuff :)

This is my current team. Aiming for advanced.

I see that you havent locked your party members. There is option to lock them, so you wont accidentally sell (or enhance) them, Click upper right corner of Arcana to lock it.
See picture in my post 1888.

Zhengi

I see that you havent locked your party members. There is option to lock them, so you wont accidentally sell (or enhance) them, Click upper right corner of Arcana to lock it.
See picture in my post 1888.

Oh, I see the lock. Why wouldn't you want to enhance them? Or do you mean use them to enhance another card? Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom