• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Do I need to use knights only for this event?
Nope, I will run with team that has 2 soldiers, 1 mage, 1 healer.

Oh, I see the lock. Why wouldn't you want to enhance them? Or do you mean use them to enhance another card? Thanks for the tip.

Yeah sorry my poor wording. There is always possibility to sell or to use it for as material in enchanting. Especially you have Juliana.

Azusa

Yeah. Lock them ASAP.

I remember one post on another CC forum how one player enchanted his Lindsey with demon raid sword to another card.

garath

Hmm. I'm not at all a fan of these limited time 4 hour quests. I'm 100% in bed asleep at 8pm PST :/ pretty crappy time slice for east coasters.

Yaari

Targeted knights quest. Only shows up twice. Both from 8-12pm PST :/ Feb 7 and Feb 14. Its on the information tab from home screen. All the event info is there

I see. Not the most favorable timeframe for me either. But I'll have to work with it I guess, bleh.

I was also contacted by Gumi Support. They told me they needed more time, unlike Azusa who they told rolled inside the timeframe. They did not sound too happy about my message because I probably didn't sound very friendly. I just think they are making things very difficult but whatever, I will let people know if I hear more from it.

Edit: Sounds like an interesting event. I doubt I can run it at the highest difficulty. 2 weeks though.. wonder if it remains interesting for that long.
Edit2: I saw some of you guys mentioning how to reset a daily offer with Phrysma or such. How do you actually do this? I've added 50$ to my account just in case I ever stumble upon the rare 1060 deal.

Nope, I will run with team that has 2 soldiers, 1 mage, 1 healer.

Yeah sorry my poor wording. There is always possibility to sell or to use it for as material in enchanting. Especially you have Juliana.
Never run more than 2 card types. So soldier and healer is fine, don't add a mage. It will hurt you more than help you.

elty

So I think I have hit a wall. I am at Soul Island and I cannot progress unless using a lv40 friend (which I only have one). My team is

lv24 Nimpha
lv18 Hero
lv16 Haruaki
lv16 Latty

lv17 Dusty
lv25 Kain

I want to level up Latty a bit but cleric card is hard to come by.

Bombless

So I think I have hit a wall. I am at Soul Island and I cannot progress unless using a lv40 friend (which I only have one). My team is

lv24 Nimpha
lv18 Hero
lv16 Haruaki
lv16 Latty

lv17 Dusty
lv25 Kain

I want to level up Latty a bit but cleric card is hard to come by.

Yeah, you're way underlevel. I'd recommend some grinding of the 8ap quest The Spark of Battle in the Sage's Tower Flame Sprite Colony. It gives character cards, soldier xp cards and 450xp. Being 8 waves you get more chances for chests than the Fruits of Research in the same zone. It's where I like to grind.

Rixa

Never run more than 2 card types. So soldier and healer is fine, don't add a mage. It will hurt you more than help you.

Umm yeah normally if all were 3*. But at my case it aint so simple, see this is my party (from yesterday).

CCparty.PNG

Aludra has tanking ability opened.
Iam saving rings for Sulstans, hopefully I got enough atleast for one, when Sulstans arrives (May perhaps).

Hachitora

Sup guys! Downloaded this game earlier today out of curiosity, and I'm interested so far. I'm still in the tutorial part so I've still l got lots to learn, but hopefully this game keeps me hooked in for a while

Edit: I used a scouting ticket and got me Aida. I'm assuming I should wait to do Prysma draws until I get 500, right?

Rixa

Sup guys! Downloaded this game earlier today out of curiosity, and I'm interested so far. I'm still in the tutorial part so I've still l got lots to learn, but hopefully this game keeps me hooked in for a while

Edit: I used a scouting ticket and got me Aida. I'm assuming I should wait to do Prysma draws until I get 500, right?

Yea, use that 50 Prysma you got for pull (after that save for 500 Prysma). ->

Or if you have time and youre Android user. Reroll (do tutorial again, dunno if you need to delete whole app and download it again) for hoping 5* character.

Guide: How to Reroll
^^
In western version, to get SSR chances are 1.7% (in Japanese version its 7%).

Rixa

New event is now live.
And as mentioned before they are:

Rookie 5 AP, lvl 1
Intermediate 6 AP, lvl 12
Advanced 7 AP, lvl 22
Expert 8 AP, lvl 36

Going to start from Rookie.

desverger

New event is now live.
And as mentioned before they are:

Rookie 5 AP, lvl 1
Intermediate 6 AP, lvl 12
Advanced 7 AP, lvl 22
Expert 8 AP, lvl 36

Going to start from Rookie.

I did a few intermediates. Definitely the highest I can do, which is a bit sad, but oh well!

Doing intermediate nets 400xp at least.

Rixa

I did a few intermediates. Definitely the highest I can do, which is a bit sad, but oh well!

Doing intermediate nets 400xp at least.

Such a bs RNG. I did 8 times Rookie and couldn't get last chest. Wondering is the same thing with the other difficulties.

Vylash

Current Event: February 02, 2015 to February 15, 2015

Knight_Quest_Pure_Hearts_Attack.jpg

Rhuana_Thumbnail-150x150.jpg

Hello, I’m Rhuana.
I am one of the members of the “Pure Hearts”.
By the decree of the “Pure Hearts”, our knights will gain strength by maintaining our purity.
However, it seems like the world is filled with knights easily weakened by temptations.
Will you show me your strength, Volunteer Army, by going through the “Pure Hearts” purity tests?

About Order of Pure Hearts Quests

The Knights’ Attack and The Targeted Knight quests will be added to Dawning during the event period only.
Knights’ Attack quests are repeatable. Complete to obtain Stamina Fruits, Enhancers and Fortune Rings!
The Targeted Knight quests are clear quests. Complete to obtain a Weapon Evolve arcana!
About Order of Pure Hearts Quests

There are four (4) different quests difficulties available (Rookie, Intermediate, Advanced & Expert).
Battles from the Knights’ Attack quests will gain more EXP than regular battles.
Clear all rewards in the Quest to unlock the Treasure Chest for a weapon evolve arcana.
The Knights’ Attack quests are repeatable.

About The Targeted Knight Quests

Two special quests will appear on a specific date during the event period.
Play through The Targeted Knight quests to uncover the story.
Complete all quest battles to unlock the Treasure Chest at the end.
Once completing the quests, they will be removed from the event quest list.
The Targeted Knight Appearance

The Targeted Knight 1: February 07, 2015 (08:00 p.m. PST to 11:59 p.m. PST)
The Targeted Knight 2: February 14, 2015 (08:00 p.m. PST to 11:59 p.m. PST)

PureHeartsAssassin.jpg

About Pure Hearts Assassin

Take a screen capture of the Assassin Blade weapon evolver arcana obtained from The Targeted Knight quests.
Submit your screen capture image along with your Player ID on the forum event thread.
All eligible participants will win a bonus Blade Forger (☆☆☆) X1!

Rixa

Yeah, the last chest is darn elusive. It probably has the ring :p

Actually it has 500AC :D (Atleast the one Iam missing).

Code:
Rookie:
Box contents: 200AC, 500AC, 300G, Knight Enhancer I x1
Reward: Fortune Ring x1

Intermediate:
Box contents: 350G, Knight Enhancer I x1 , Spear Enhancer x1, Knight Enhancer II x1
Reward: Stamina Fruit x2

Advanced:
Box contents: 400G, Mace Enhancer x1 , Sword Enhancer x1, Knight Enhancer II x1
Reward: Knight Enhancer III x1

Expert:
Box contents: 450G, Spear Enhancer x1, Knight Enhancer II x1, Mace Enhancer x1
Reward: Fortune Ring x10

The Targeted Knight 1 (On Feb. 7th, 8:00-11:59 PM PST) 

Recommended level: 20
AP required: 6 (x4, since 4 parts)
EXP earned: 300, 300, 300, 360
Gold earned: 300, 300, 300, 360
Box contents from 1st part: 350G, Spear Enhancer x1, Mace Enhancer x1
Box contents from 2nd part: 350G, 600G, Knight Enhancer I x1
Box contents from 3rd part: 500G, 1000G, Knight Enhancer II x1
Box contents from 4th part: Fortune Ring x1, Fortune Ring x1
Reward: Knight Enhancer IV x1

The Targeted Knight 2 (On Feb. 14th, 8:00-11:59 PM PST) 

Recommended level: 44
AP required: 12 (x4, since 4 parts)
Number of waves per part: 4, 4, 6, 8
EXP earned: 600, 600, 660, 720
Gold earned: 360G, 360G, 420G, 100G
Box contents from 1st part: 350G, Spear Enhancer x1, Mace Enhancer x1
Box contents from 2nd part: 350G, 600G, Knight Enhancer I x1
Box contents from 3rd part: 500G, 1000G, Knight Enhancer II x1
Box contents from 4th part: Fortune Ring x1, Fortune Ring x1
Reward: Assassin Blade (13/15/7)

desverger

Actually it has 500AC :D

Oh wow. Those are some.. rewards allright. Expert is nice, but not many people are able to do that I guess.

Intermediate has stamina fruits, so it might be worth grinding it for exp.. That 1 ring from Rookie is more like a consolation prize :)

edit: I guess you can get the bonus chest only once?

Merun

Got the Rookie ring in 2 runs. Nimpha friend ftw. also if you try Expert or harder difficulties focus fire on the cutest lizard in sight. She is pink and want to smack you with her red cherry lips.

Rixa

Oh wow. Those are some.. rewards allright. Expert is nice, but not many people are able to do that I guess.

Intermediate has stamina fruits, so it might be worth grinding it for exp.. That 1 ring from Rookie is more like a consolation prize :)

edit: I guess you can get the bonus chest only once?

You get reward only once, but you can do Intermediate again and again and get those 4 prizes and exp is good if youre not doing Story.

Maybe I will do a ticket when that Knight part comes live. Gumi has some bizarre way to handle game that is global. For us in Europe, that 4 hour window is a joke.

Most of us are sleeping, since 08.00pm PST its 06:00am EET (05:00 CET) sunday morning.

Aki-at

Tried expert straight away and almost managed to beat it but a combo of boss + dancer was my undoing.

I'll get there in the end. 10 rings is going to make up for all those 20APs wasted on trying to get only 2.

desverger

You get reward only once, but you can do Intermediate again and again and get those 4 prizes and exp is good if youre not doing Story.

Maybe I will do a ticket when that Knight part comes live. Gumi has some bizarre way to handle game that is global. For us in Europe, that 4 hour window is a joke.

Most of us are sleeping, since 08.00pm PST its 06:00am EET (05:00 CET) sunday morning.

Yeah, I agree. That 4 hour time window is pretty silly. I can cope myself, it'll be like 6-10am here as well, but I'm most likely in the minority.

I will try to level up in these few days to be able to tackle the Target quest. Since I can only do Intermediate at the moment, doing the story seems like a better idea for me.

edit: 400ac in the last chest in recruit :(

Yaari

Expert is pretty difficult. Doubt I will be completing that anytime soon. Wish there was 1 more Class Enhancer card in the loot table, it's pretty much only Weapon cards that I am getting.

Rixa

Did intermediate and got a stamina fruit. Have never been so crushed considering it took me 4 tries.

Well ive done now 12 tries to Rookie and still missing that 400ac chest + ring reward, I dont have high level Nimpha friend :p. Atleast it gives 250 exp per try, othervise I would not do it.

Yaari

Does anyone know how to get Volunteer Blade? I know it has something to do with Kain but not sure what quest level

I am working on my Nampa. 58 now. Hope I can complete the quest

Bombless

Does anyone know how to get Volunteer Blade? I know it has something to do with Kain but not sure what quest level

The xp blade? Kain needs to be lvl 40. I think that triggers a quest.

Azusa

I have managed to complete the expert quest. And I didn't use auto battle this time. Its very important to manage our soldiers manually. Its hard and I don't think I'd want to farm this quest over and over without auto battle.

My team:

Bleh. That ain't happening anytime soon then :(

Its very easy to max him. He is only one star arcana. Also you need to do all his quests to get a weapon.

Aki-at

I couldn't kill the last boss in expert.

Same, got close after beating the dancer but having lost Dusty earlier on in round 7 really made it impossible.

Yeah like Bombless said, you need max level 40 Kain to trigger a quest in the Sage Tower's area.

Azusa

Same, got close after beating the dancer but having lost Dusty earlier on in round 7 really made it impossible.

This. It was my problem too when I have used auto battle. You need to manage them manually and don't allow Dusty to tank.

desverger

One thing I've noticed that if I put Dusty in the back row manually before hitting auto battle, he usually ends up reaching the mobs later and as such, tanking less.

He sure loves to eat ground, though.

garath

Man. I'm really disappointed in that targeted knight stuff. That has all the best rewards and it looks like there's no way I'll be able to manage that time window. Pretty silly.

The dailys aren't too bad. Nice xp, nice rewards, low ap requirements. I completed the first three this morning. Haven't even taken a stab at Expert yet. Azusa's party is probably twice as good as mine to barely complete it.

The bonus stamina fruit is pretty cool. By the end of this event should be swimming in fruit.

garath

Do these rewards refresh daily? I mean can you get Stamina Fruits more than once, since its a reward?

Hmm.. I guess I didn't think about that.. I thought it was a daily but the news post about it isn't exactly clear..

That would be a little disappointing if the whole two week event was just these 4 quests and the two 4 hour garbage window events.

Rixa

Hmm.. I guess I didn't think about that.. I thought it was a daily but the news post about it isn't exactly clear..

That would be a little disappointing if the whole two week event was just these 4 quests and the two 4 hour garbage window events.

Yes cause those chests for me show !in 13 day(s)", so my guess is once per event.

Top Bottom