• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Teiran

How much xp is a 1*, 2* and 3* card worth? Like you, I'd rather just sell my 3* card for a ring but it might be worth fusing if it's a lot.

Guess I just have to grind out my solider cards!
A 3* enhancer is pretty much equivalent to ten 1* enhancers.

Elija2

I hate when I turn on auto-battle for an easy level and then look away only to look back and see that my party let a single weak enemy unit pass them and reach my barrier, causing me to lose the quest. The AI doesn't stop attacking an enemy until the enemy is dead or they run low on health, so during boss waves they'll all be too preoccupied on attacking the boss to take care of the smaller advancing units.

Syrus

Banned

Thanks FigureGAF. Aludra figure.

Yaari can you add me please? Friend ID:117304041

I have a KiKi SyrGAF

Others can add too

Bust Nak

Latty seem to be an exception with her healing range, but this game and others like it doesn't leave much room for being creative with common cards. Sangokushi Taisen was another card collecting game that got this right, you can field 8 stars (or orbs) worth of cards and the cards were 1 to 3 stars. 8 x 1 star cards is as competitive as an army with 3 higher stars cards.

garath

Sigh. Some days just don't cooperate. 3 tries on the 20ap daily quest with Yari's Nimpha and I still haven't gotten the last chest.

Other days I can get the last chest 2-3 times.

I really need to stockpile these rings. Want Sulstan and need many Lindseys when she comes around again. Want to LB her bad.

garath

Its a third day of farming 7AP event quest. I need to max out my weapons and farm more ranks.

I may just do this.. forget rings for a bit. I need another 4 or 5 attack on my grief sword and every other character needs points in weapons :(

Yaari

My weapons are good. I use many rank C weapons haha.

Need my rank up as my best characters don't fit in my team. Also the average level has to go up. Got some below 30.

garath

My weapons are good. I use many rank C weapons haha.

Need my rank up as my best characters don't fit in my team. Also the average level has to go up. Got some below 30.

Start pushing your way through the story. That'll help with the rank ups.

Yaari

Start pushing your way through the story. That'll help with the rank ups.

I did consider it, but at this point I can easily reach it by just running the event. I do need to get my Lindsey abilities though. I'm not sure how far away the town is where I can do that.

Currently at Lake of Sand.

Sold all my 3*. Back to 76 rings. I wonder if I should get a second Deed or wait for the next character.

I'm in a similar position. I kinda want Deed (She's cute/I want to make a knight team) but I could just get a second Lindsey, especially since I tossed the grief sword on her. That's probably the better option in the long run, but lots of people say she's perfectly fine at 60?

Salex_

I wish the event drops weren't Knight enhancers and mostly club enhancers. I can't take full advantage of the event since Ihelmina is my only 4+ Knight and I'd rather level Nimpha and Lindsey.

Lvl 56 Nimpha right now. I might be able to get to lvl 60 sometime tomorrow. I have ~10 slots open if anyone needs a (soon to be) lvl 60 Nimpha leader.
You only get 90% of the experience when using enhancers of another class, so it's ok to use them on other classes imo.
Ah, I thought the percentage would be lower than that. Good to know that I'm not losing out on that much XP.

Merun

I wish the event drops weren't Knight enhancers and mostly club enhancers. I can't take full advantage of the event since Ihelmina is my only 4+ Knight and I'd rather level Nimpha and Lindsey.

You only get 90% of the experience when using enhancers of another class, so it's ok to use them on other classes imo.

I'm in a similar position. I kinda want Deed (She's cute/I want to make a knight team) but I could just get a second Lindsey, especially since I tossed the grief sword on her. That's probably the better option in the long run, but lots of people say she's perfectly fine at 60?

She is fine mostly because of her one mana skill i-frame which allows her to "tank" somehow. If you put the grief sword, you should try to LB her, because the difference between 60 and 80 is that my Lindsey is no longer glass canon without her skill. Just hope GUMI will bring her back.

Yaari

Yeah 2* Enhancers are still good even on other classes. I've had better luck today. Yesterday was pretty bad.

I'm running the Advanced stage now because I don't have the gold to use 1* Enhancers. It's been pretty decent.

I'm annoyed at how little Phrysma deal pop-ups I get. Want to jump on a few good deals before Juliana supposedly returns (Heard it might happen after this event).

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Wow, thought it'd be a lot less. That's good to know and a game changer. I'd been feeding enhancers to cards I don't currently use because I thought it was a waste to feed them to an off-class character. 10% loss is nothing.

I'm annoyed at how little Phrysma deal pop-ups I get. Want to jump on a few good deals before Juliana supposedly returns (Heard it might happen after this event).

I JUST got an offer for 1080 prysma for $49.99. Not looking to spend that much, but it seems like a good deal if someone is buying...

commish

Yeah thats the best offer you can get. Do you know what you were doing?

I ran the daily for the last time, had 9 energy left so couldn't run it again. Then I fed a bunch of cards to my Angelica, my leader, and right after it gave her the XP, the offer popped up.

Yaari

I ran the daily for the last time, had 9 energy left so couldn't run it again. Then I fed a bunch of cards to my Angelica, my leader, and right after it gave her the XP, the offer popped up.

Okay interesting. Hope I run into it someday. Apparently its a 1 time thing, I hope i've not shut it down before.

Syrus

Banned

Lvl 56 Nimpha right now. I might be able to get to lvl 60 sometime tomorrow. I have ~10 slots open if anyone needs a (soon to be) lvl 60 Nimpha leader.

Ah, I thought the percentage would be lower than that. Good to know that I'm not losing out on that much XP.

sent you friend request SyrGAF

garath

Woot! Another nimpha! Sent a request. I'm garath.

Edit: OK. Back on the hunt for prysma. Gonna burn through as many quests as I can again. I'm at 800. Looking for that magic 1000 just in case Julianna rolls around again. All the extras I get will let me buy sulstan and limit break him easy too.

blackflag

\.

Sent. BF@GAF

She is fine mostly because of her one mana skill i-frame which allows her to "tank" somehow. If you put the grief sword, you should try to LB her, because the difference between 60 and 80 is that my Lindsey is no longer glass canon without her skill. Just hope GUMI will bring her back.
I'll be able to get her to 65 at most and you're right, I suppose. She is in fact a glass cannon. But man, it's really hard pulling the trigger with how slow/annoying it is to get these rings.

Added ya, my username is Fluddy.

Sent a request, TbkGaf. I am running a level 34 Nimpha leader and could use some higher level friends. My ID is 124,451,876.

elty

omg sent (GG_GAF)

elty

I was reading the CC forum and people said intermediate knight is better than spark of battle for even soldier as intermediate knight drop enhancer very frequently.

Bombless

I was reading the CC forum and people said intermediate knight is better than spark of battle for even soldier as intermediate knight drop enhancer very frequently.
The drop rate isn't as good in my experience. Spark always drops the soldier enhancer. I've had numerous Intermediate Knight runs with just the gold chest.

elty

The drop rate isn't as good in my experience. Spark always drops the soldier enhancer. I've had numerous Intermediate Knight runs with just the gold chest.

Let's see.......

48 AP =

6 SOP = 2700 xp x 6 party members = 16200 xp
100% soldier enhancer = 6 x 3720 xp
75% of each 2* card = 9 cards or roughly 9000 xp
total = 16200 + 22320 + 9000 = 47520

8 Knight intermediate = 3200 xp x 6 party members = 19200 xp
75% 1* knight enhancer = 6 x 2976 xp = 17856 xp
5% 2* knight enhancer = 0.4 x 29456 xp = 11782.4 xp
total = 19200 + 17856 + 11782.4 = 48838.4

Knight intermediate has a small lead assuming knight intermediate drop 1* enhancer 75% of time and 2* 5% of time even for soldier. However I have seen the 2* knight enhancer fairly often so it should be higher than 5%...

Rixa

Played the game a bit, the one thing I really dislike about this style of game (other than IAP) is that rarity / stars system where a rarer card is flat out better than another. The 1*-4* cards are mere means towards the end of a party full of 5* cards. A couple of days into the game and there is no real reasons to field 1* cards anymore. You like the character design on this 1* card? Too bad, ditch it for this 2* you just pulled, or gimp your party in the long run.

There are few 2* Arcanas that are worth to keep & level.
Dusty & Latty. Visit Chain-Chronicle-Forum and read this through: A Beginner's Guide To 3★ Characters.

A 3* enhancer is pretty much equivalent to ten 1* enhancers.
This is good to know.

Farmed today Healer Event 20ap went through with one try (with lvl 60 Nimpha help). I was wtf got all chests in one try \o_. That 10 AP event didnt go through with 1 try (got 3 chests) :p.

I hate when I turn on auto-battle for an easy level and then look away only to look back and see that my party let a single weak enemy unit pass them and reach my barrier, causing me to lose the quest. The AI doesn't stop attacking an enemy until the enemy is dead or they run low on health, so during boss waves they'll all be too preoccupied on attacking the boss to take care of the smaller advancing units.

Been there done that. This can easily happen in daily events (20 AP) in last wave there are fast units just before boss.

That seems pretty good.... am tempted.
Yes it is

Iam now doing all those Prysma Arcana quests & doing littlebit story, in order to get 500 Prysma, main story is at Chapter 4, Story 7. Sofar I got 270 Prysma, so it takes a while to get 500 Prysma. I dont know when Iam using those 500 Prysma, probably waiting for better pull rate. I really want new 5* char ;).

Here is the list of all Free Quests.
Code:
List shows

- Quest Level
- AP cost
- Amount of gold you get
- Amount of exp you get
- Exp / AP ratio
- Loot
- Bonus loot.
^^ Very good page.

Elija2

Been there done that. This can easily happen in daily events (20 AP) in last wave there are fast units just before boss.

Yeah, that's when it happened to me. I got pretty mad but then the next time I did the daily I got all 4 rewards in one go so I couldn't complain anymore. :p

Rixa

Yeah, that's when it happened to me. I got pretty mad but then the next time I did the daily I got all 4 rewards in one go so I couldn't complain anymore. :p

Sad and brutal way to learn it. Hopefully everyone remembers that next time :).

I had auto battle on:
My savior was Aludra that I barely just managed to move (manually) to block that fast moving goblin(?). Tanks were happily killing boss :D.

So everyone (whose party is not high enough to one hit kill those mobs):
-> When last wave comes take fastest option to slowest and manually handle the wave.

Played the game a bit, the one thing I really dislike about this style of game (other than IAP) is that rarity / stars system where a rarer card is flat out better than another. The 1*-4* cards are mere means towards the end of a party full of 5* cards. A couple of days into the game and there is no real reasons to field 1* cards anymore. You like the character design on this 1* card? Too bad, ditch it for this 2* you just pulled, or gimp your party in the long run.

Other than what Rixa mentioned, Marga is a 2* essential for titans cave

desverger

Almost got my nose bloodied in the last part of Slay's chain story quest - lv24 monsters don't kid around, my average party level is probably around 19-20.

As much as I'd like to finish it, I'll probably have to wait a few levels :p

garath

Sigh. Seriously game?

Every single day I choose the upper right chest for daily reward. I've never gotten a fortune ring or premium ticket though. So today I say to myself "Let's try bottom middle". What do I get? Arcana. What's in the upper right? Premium ticket.

:(

Figures.

On a side note. I've added up all of my remaining prysma quests and I'm about 30 short of the 1000 mark if I do them all :( Damn. Fortunately I still have some story left. That SHOULD give me the rest.

Azusa

On a side note. I've added up all of my remaining prysma quests and I'm about 30 short of the 1000 mark if I do them all :( Damn. Fortunately I still have some story left. That SHOULD give me the rest.

You should do free quests too. Some of them have arcana that you havent met yet.

desverger

Sigh. Seriously game?

Every single day I choose the upper right chest for daily reward. I've never gotten a fortune ring or premium ticket though. So today I say to myself "Let's try bottom middle". What do I get? Arcana. What's in the upper right? Premium ticket.

:(

Figures.

Your login bonus is alredy decided* way before you even click anything, the chests are just a representation of randomization. The items itself have fixed rates to appear as your login bonus, and as such, the ticket is rare. If you'd clicked on the same chest as before, the ticket would have just been somewhere else. With that said, to avoid mindgames, always click on the same chest :p

*) As you may have noticed, there is no "Connecting..." when you click a chest. This is similar to how many mobile games work with RNG.

garath

Your login bonus is alredy decided* way before you even click anything, the chests are just a representation of randomization. The items itself have fixed rates to appear as your login bonus, and as such, the ticket is rare. If you'd clicked on the same chest as before, the ticket would have just been somewhere else. With that said, to avoid mindgames, always click on the same chest :p

*) As you may have noticed, there is no "Connecting..." when you click a chest. This is similar to how many mobile games work with RNG.

You know, I've kind of suspected that. But it's nice to hear :) Good point about the connecting.

Yaari

Well, got my team point faster than I anticipated, so I can now roll with my main team, not including the best of my Arcana, but at least the high leveled ones.

I was considering gathering Phrysma for the rumored return of Juliana as well, but I really need to level my team for the next Demon Raid too. Especially since I want as many cards of her as possible, and I don't want to have to stop as quickly as I did last time.

Unfortunately I don't see any way of my Lindsey getting those skills unlocked anytime soon. She would need level 60 for Regen, and that's not happening.

garath

Well, got my team point faster than I anticipated, so I can now roll with my main team, not including the best of my Arcana, but at least the high leveled ones.

I was considering gathering Phrysma for the rumored return of Juliana as well, but I really need to level my team for the next Demon Raid too. Especially since I want as many cards of her as possible, and I don't want to have to stop as quickly as I did last time.

Unfortunately I don't see any way of my Lindsey getting those skills unlocked anytime soon. She would need level 60 for Regen, and that's not happening.

Yeah. It's a long road. Just getting to nine territories is quite a haul then leveling a char to 60 is nuts. I've been focusing almost exclusively on my Lindsey for levels and she's only 44 or something now. :(

This is a pretty well crafted phone game. So much to do and accomplish. Very impressed.

edit: And top of everything you just said (Julianna, next demon event), I want as many fortune rings as possible for Sulstan and the eventual return of Lindsey. Sigh.

commish

Yeah. It's a long road. Just getting to nine territories is quite a haul then leveling a char to 60 is nuts. I've been focusing almost exclusively on my Lindsey for levels and she's only 44 or something now. :(

This is a pretty well crafted phone game. So much to do and accomplish. Very impressed.

edit: And top of everything you just said (Julianna, next demon event), I want as many fortune rings as possible for Sulstan and the eventual return of Lindsey. Sigh.

Yeah, the amount of content is pretty awesome, I have to admit. I have so much content to finish.

Top Bottom