• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Merun

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll keep em in mind. Right now, my only healer is Marina, even after two Arcana Coin draws. So I'll probably stick a healer in my team once I get a good one.

For healer, try to get Latty. She is farmable at Town of Fortitude's free quest, meaning, it's easy to limit break her. She also has extended range which is pretty cool.

For healer, try to get Latty. She is farmable at Town of Fortitude's free quest, meaning, it's easy to limit break her. She also has extended range which is pretty cool.
Yep, I just got Melvina but I almost don't want to swap Latty out due to her range. At least until Melvina outlevels her attack I guess. >.<

I've actually beeing doing Arcana Coin pulls today. Did like 30 or something and ended up with a bunch of decent 3* units.

Funnily enough got Haruaki like three times, so I've LB'd him twice already, and he's making a good addition to my party. Trying to get Melvina, but haven't pulled her yet. Is she a better healer than Latty?

I feel like Arcana Coins are so easy to come by that I can spend them freely - I feel like v2 is way too far in the future for me to start hoarding them.

edit: If anyone wants to add me, my id is 136,636,939 - I have a tiny Nimpha who's growing up. Let me know if you add me, if there's no GAF in your name, I might not see it.
Sending you request. Game name is Spat.

pahamrick

I quickly skimmed the thread, but probably missed it: Is grinding stages for the class enhancer cards the best way to level your units?

Zhengi

I quickly skimmed the thread, but probably missed it: Is grinding stages for the class enhancer cards the best way to level your units?

Right now, seems like the intermediate and advanced knight stage give a good amount of exp for the AP spent.

Lately I have been going to Tower of Might and doing the Fruits of Research quest for exp. Been doing good there.

pahamrick

Right now, seems like the intermediate and advanced knight stage give a good amount of exp for the AP spent.

Lately I have been going to Tower of Might and doing the Fruits of Research quest for exp. Been doing good there.

Nice, thanks for the tip!

Yaari

About that, anyone planning to run the quests the entire duration for exp? Do you pick Intermediate or Advanced? Intermediate has a high rate for that 1* Knight Enhancer. But Advanced gives more exp overall.

garath

About that, anyone planning to run the quests the entire duration for exp? Do you pick Intermediate or Advanced? Intermediate has a high rate for that 1* Knight Enhancer. But Advanced gives more exp overall.

I'm just finishing the story. Just got 4k xp for finishing one o_O. I'll come back to advanced when I am done. Good xp for the ap and a blade enhancer is always welcome.

Jasconius

Me I need all those blade enhancers since all 4 of my 5* people use swords, so Advanced it is!

Lol, I tried expert again and died miserably - I need to remember to have a strategy for when all of those stupid blinding monsters come or I die horribly...

garath

Out if curiosity, someone that has me as a friend - how much attack does the friend list say my Lindsey has? In my party screen I see it as 4770 or so but in my friend list I see a Lindsey two levels lower than mine with a maxed 5 attack B sword who has 5200 attack. Mine has a 15 attack grief sword. Why doesn't the party screen show the real attack?

johnsmith

remember me
Out if curiosity, someone that has me as a friend - how much attack does the friend list say my Lindsey has? In my party screen I see it as 4770 or so but in my friend list I see a Lindsey two levels lower than mine with a maxed 5 attack B sword who has 5200 attack. Mine has a 15 attack grief sword. Why doesn't the party screen show the real attack?

elty

Barely finished advance 5 times.

Do not have last chest. Lame.

Do auto battle for the expert fighter daily, lose as some enemy sneak through to the end. 20 AP down the flush, double lame.

garath

Wow. Thanks. I guess every point of attack on a weapon is worth 100 attack. I think I miscounted and I have 14 attack on my sword.

Nice. Lindsey is going to be insane with a grief sword when maxed. Wish I was able to LB her. :(

Gonna save those rings for when she comes back.

Zhengi

Just got Julianna's 2nd ability, Noble Bearing. It raises the party's attack power and decreases damage taken when she's in the subparty. I'm not sure if it's worth doing this since she's my only 5* card.

chrono01

So apparently Gumi censored Chiyome's "torpedo nipples" on the card art but not the actual character art present in the story quests.

I know, not a massive change, but it does worry me what else they might censor. Since so many of these are done by well-respected/received artists from Japan, it's always disappointing to see their creative visions altered, especially over something as minor as this.

So apparently Gumi censored Chiyome's "torpedo nipples" on the card art but not the actual character art present in the story quests.

I know, not a massive change, but it does worry me what else they might censor. Since so many of these are done by well-respected/received artists from Japan, it's always disappointing to see their creative visions altered, especially over something as minor as this.

I assume you mean this girl? She sticks out a little to the point where it surprised me to see her pop up - but I totally agree. The varied artists in this game are lovely and I'd hate for their work to be censored. :/

Elija2

What does her card look like now?

I don't mind if they made minor alterations to it because it honestly does look ridiculous.

chrono01

What does her card look like now?

I don't mind if they made minor alterations to it because it honestly does look ridiculous.
Left Image: [Japanese Version]
Right Image: [Global Version]

iWJw533VvR1Zr.jpg

Again, it's not that I'm terribly outraged over the edit [they do look a bit...unruly in the original image], I'm just worried as to what this might symbolize. It's even more hilarious when the story quest cut-in of her remains completely un-edited.

Once censorship has started, it's difficult to say how far it might go.

Elija2

Again, it's not that I'm terribly outraged over the edit [they do look a bit...unruly in the original image], I'm just worried as to what this might symbolize. It's even more hilarious when the story quest cut-in of her remains completely un-edited.

Yeah, I'm actually happy with that change.

I really wouldn't worry too much about censorship. I mean, this is the only thing they felt the need to censor so far and the original was pretty ridiculous. It's a free-to-play game that's rated 9+, they don't want to get too risque.

Vylash

thank goodness they fixed her ridiculous nipples

Fishious

Is it worth leveling Kain up to 20 to do his quest? Also, what about the archer with poorly fitting pants?

Kain, Marina, and Michidia all apparently have a unique B rank weapon that you can obtain by leveling them to 40 (reqs 4 limit breaks). Kain's is a sword that gives +5% more experience to the party. So you should probably keep them around, but I wouldn't bother leveling them until you've already gotten your main party to a good point.

Verelios

Is it worth leveling Kain up to 20 to do his quest? Also, what about the archer with poorly fitting pants?
Yes and no. I rocked Kain, Marina and Mi..something to over 20. Did Kains quest and surprise motherfucker, gotta get to lvl 40 for the second one. No. Too hard atm. I'm just going to retire them and slowly feed them cards to eventually get the quest.

Hindsight though, their second quests are worth it yes, as they give good weapons.

Hachitora

Yes and no. I rocked Kain, Marina and Mi..something to over 20. Did Kains quest and surprise motherfucker, gotta get to lvl 40 for the second one. No. Too hard atm. I'm just going to retire them and slowly feed them cards to eventually get the quest.

Hindsight though, their second quests are worth it yes, as they give good weapons.

So does everyone have a quest that is worth leveling them up for or is it just for a certain few? I have a bunch of weak cards that I feel like using to enhance my main team.

chrono01

Yeah, I'm actually happy with that change.

I really wouldn't worry too much about censorship. I mean, this is the only thing they felt the need to censor so far and the original was pretty ridiculous. It's a free-to-play game that's rated 9+, they don't want to get too risque.

thank goodness they fixed her ridiculous nipples
Yeah, I'm not disappointed in so much their decision to remove the "torpedo nipples" but that they felt like they needed to intervene in the first place.

I understand that they need to keep the game as "PG" as they can [for all-ages], but given that the game already has quite a bit of "suggestive dialogue" [like Pirika flying into Phoena's skirt], I don't feel they need to necessarily alter the artwork of the cards, even if what's drawn looks a little ridiculous [as in this case]. It just sets a precedent that I hope isn't acted upon much.

Granted this was just one edit, so it's possible I'm worrying about nothing.

Fishious

So does everyone have a quest that is worth leveling them up for or is it just for a certain few? I have a bunch of weak cards that I feel like using to enhance my main team.

The cards mentioned are special cases. Typically the higher level quests just unlock the character's skills so there's no reason to level them unless you plan to use that character.

Rixa

The cards mentioned are special cases. Typically the higher level quests just unlock the character's skills so there's no reason to level them unless you plan to use that character.

Since I dont have any other so good Sub-party member, Iam keeping Kain in Sub-party, so he gets exp too. My Kain is now 18 level and Ive LB him 4 times (same for M&M LB 4 times).

Another slot in Sub-party goes to Haruaki which I got from Arcana pull. I might change Sub-Party when I at somepoint get better Arcana (4* / 5*) but at the moment I only have two 5* (Aludra and Phoena).

Bombless

My main party is starting to shape up nicely.

The intermediate event quest is actually great for knights grinding as you can end up with 2 knight enhancers, one being a 2*. The spear enhancer isn't bad either, Wayne and Dannady use one. Pretty happy about this event in the end lol.

What does the expert quest give in terms of chests (besides the 10 rings reward)?

I went and purged my friend list, had tons of people that haven't logged in for days. Have 12 slots free now, feel free to add me up. The ID is 191300410. I changed my name to BmbGAF to be easier to recognise :)

Just mention your name if it doesn't have GAF in it, now that I have room there's tons of requests.

Hachitora

edit: If anyone wants to add me, my id is 136,636,939 - I have a tiny Nimpha who's growing up. Let me know if you add me, if there's no GAF in your name, I might not see it.
Sent ya a request.

I see. Sorry weaklings, but my other soldiers are hungry. Looks like it's feeding time!

I went and purged my friend list, had tons of people that haven't logged in for days. Have 12 slots free now, feel free to add me up. The ID is 191300410. I changed my name to BmbGAF to be easier to recognise :)

Sent you a request too. I should probably find some way to change my name to have GAF in it. Dunno why they have a max of 6 letters :T

desverger

Just mention your name if it doesn't have GAF in it, now that I have room there's tons of requests.

I've added you, under the name of Kettle. FYI - for some reason your name came up as Dragos still.

Sent ya a request.

And I've added you up as well! I presume it was under the name of Hachi :p

The intermediate event quest is actually great for knights grinding as you can end up with 2 knight enhancers, one being a 2*. The spear enhancer isn't bad either, Wayne and Dannady use one. Pretty happy about this event in the end lol.

What does the expert quest give in terms of chests (besides the 10 rings reward)?

Sending you one.

Rixa

Man, being lowish level (30) and getting high level friends is the thing. Ive got 1 65 level Cheery and now I got level 60 Nimpha. Hopefully Yaari accepts my friend request so I got 2x 60lvl Nimphas in FR.

Iam doing few story quests and after that using AP's again in Knight event. Even tho I dont have Knight, those Enhancers are useful for me. They still give 90% exp when enhancing to non Knights.

Krorg

Expert quest chests contain gold, a spear enhancer, a club enhancer and a 2 star knight enhancer.

Yaari

Nimpha quest so far is ridiculously easy. Was worried for nothing.

How much ATK does she have? I considered her weak but I didn't know that she has a pretty good weapon on her for a Nimpha. Only temporary though.

JNA

Banned
Ok now this game is really hitting my breaking point. The global version anyway. I did 4 straight 20 AP daily quests and every time, it's one chest, 1* solider enhancer.

How the hell am I supposed to level my Nimpha to 60 with this lack of loot? I mean I got a crap load of gold which is great, but it's useless when I don't got the enhancers to use em on. Seriously in the Japanese version, I can level my Falnar to lv 60 in two days, yet in global, getting my Nimpha to lv 40 is a nightmare!

They really need a version 2 update soon and fast. It's really bugging me now and not sure how much I will continue with this. I still like the game but got damn the leveling for units is so slow and the lack of good enhancers is even worse. :(

Jasconius

Nimpha quest so far is ridiculously easy. Was worried for nothing.

How much ATK does she have? I considered her weak but I didn't know that she has a pretty good weapon on her for a Nimpha. Only temporary though.

I'm showing 7170 attack! 3rd on my friend list~ ;p

Edit: I cleared up a few inactive people from my friends, if anyone wants to add me for a mage party leader (Katya lvl 33 atm), my ID is 126,239,602. Make sure to put your in-game name so I know who to accept. ;p

Yaari

Ok now this game is really hitting my breaking point. The global version anyway. I did 4 straight 20 AP daily quests and every time, it's one chest, 1* solider enhancer.

How the hell am I supposed to level my Nimpha to 60 with this lack of loot? I mean I got a crap load of gold which is great, but it's useless when I don't got the enhancers to use em on. Seriously in the Japanese version, I can level my Falnar to lv 60 in two days, yet in global, getting my Nimpha to lv 40 is a nightmare!

They really need a version 2 update soon and fast. It's really bugging me now and not sure how much I will continue with this. I still like the game but got damn the leveling for units is so slow and the lack of good enhancers is even worse. :(
That's because new players in JP are years behind. They don't have to make it easy for you in V1 because it just started.

I agree it is slow though. But oh well, as long as I have fun rather than it being a nuisance..

Nice that my Nimpha passed 7k. but my Lindsey will become a monster.

Azusa

Don't do daily quest to level up your team. Its the worst place. I have farmed Spark of battle in Sage's Tower/Flame Sprite Colony and leveled my team almost to max. There is a 100% chance to get a 1* warrior enhancer.

JNA

Banned
That's because new players in JP are years behind. They don't have to make it easy for you in V1 because it just started.

I agree it is slow though. But oh well, as long as I have fun rather than it being a nuisance..

Nice that my Nimpha passed 7k. but my Lindsey will become a monster.

Don't do daily quest to level up your team. Its the worst place. I have farmed Spark of battle in Sage's Tower/Flame Sprite Colony and leveled my team almost to max. There is a 100% chance to get a 1* warrior enhancer.

Spark of Battle huh? I just wish I got something higher than 1*s but I guess I have no choice. XD

Yaari

It took a lot of money and Arcana Coins lol. Wanted to speed it up.

As for Sparks of Battle. Is it really a 100% drop on the 4th chest?

desverger

But.. but.. fortune ring??

Top Bottom