• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Targeted Knight 1 is on! 6 ap per fight, 4 fights. Level 20, from first fight I got.
12h time to do it.
300exp, got 3 chests: 350 gold, spear crafter and club crafter.

garath

Wow. Nice Gumi! So glad. A nice 11 hour window is perfect for this. MIGHT even be able to do the next one.. level 44 is pretty steep though.

Rixa

After 4th fight there is little glitch. I got 1 wooden chest, but rewards I had 1 wooden chest and 2 silver chest which both contained ring. So 2 rings + wooden chest.
And then I got that SR 4* Knight enhancer.

Stider

After 4th fight there is little glitch. I got 1 wooden chest, but rewards I had 1 wooden chest and 2 silver chest which both contained ring. So 2 rings + wooden chest.
And then I got that SR 4* Knight enhancer.

Same here. The enhancers were handy, Parchelle edging closer to 30 now.

Aki-at

Glad that I got a few extra fortune rings for that, great for Gumi extended the playing hours to a more reasonable time frame :D

Rixa

That was easy. Probably using the 4* Enhancer. 1 Ring isn't worth selling it for.

Iam going to feed 4* enhancer to my Aludra + 9 other enhancers ;) when I get enough of them. I know that I get 90% of 4* exp value, but I dont run knights.
Dunno about next TK event, my party might be too low leveled, but I have 7 days to grind them :D.

Incase youre wondering:
Code:
Enhancer SAME CLASS
Arcana I:3,720
Arcana Ⅱ:13,480
ArcanaⅢ:36,820
ArcanaⅣ:85,900 
ArcanaⅤ:121,200

Enhancer DIFFERENT CLASS
Arcana I:2796 exp
Arcana Ⅱ :10784 EXP
Arcana III:29456 EXP
Arcana IV :68768 exp
Arcana V:96960 exp

desverger

Yeah, easy peasy! I could clear the first stage of TK without a hitch even with my rabble party, now considering if I should go with a stam fruit so I don't have to wake up early :p

edit: And used the fruit. Blatantly used Rixa's Alundra in the last stage, was pretty helpful to throw a huge aoe in the last wave :p

Now I'm gonna farm the Spark of Battle for 9x 1* enhancers, lets see how it goes!

Rixa

Wow. Nice Rixa. Okay I will try to get 9 more 2 star Enhancers for Lindsey. should be a nice boost.

Imagine the "Great Success" double exp ;). To get one aint easy tho, chances are low. I dont know how low % chances of getting GS in enhancing.

garath

Woot. Finished the first targted quest. That was easy. The next will probably be very difficult.

Dropped the 4 enhancer on Lindsey. Getting closer to 60. Long grind :( also got her grief sword maxed except a single defense point. Not sure if its worth the 10 enhancers and 100k or so gold for the last point.

Rixa

Dropped that 4* enhancer + 3* "all" enhancer + bunch of 2* & 1*, totalling 10 arcanas to enhance my Aludra. Got 4 levels and she is at 43 (soon 44). One level more and then I start to do Aludras 2nd ability quest that gives 2 magic mana at start of combat.

Yaari

More sense to run this for 12 hours - it is the "global" version after all.

Yeah no doubt. Glad people dont have to wake up for this one! In a single timezone, few people would have issues getting a little run in somewhere in those 4 hours, if reasonably timed anyway. (Not in the middle of a working day).

Glad Gumi came through here. More than I expected from them.

chrono01

Surprising to see them put the Knight quest up early without altering the in-game news/announcement. Great for those in an...inconvenient timezone, though.

The reward for completing the last one is a bit of Gold and two Fortune Rings, as well as a IV Knight Enhancer [which I'll be feeding to my Lindsey]. Not bad! It's really easy too, only Level 20 enemies. I'm sure the second one will be more difficult, though.

Elepsis

Neo Member
So I just started playing about a week ago, didn't bother with any re-rolls so my only 3-star arcana so far is Roy, a healer.

I'm trying to save up my prysma until I get to 500, but I feel like I'm starting to run out of character quests that have prysma as the reward in the first area. And I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it as the story starts getting harder if I keep investing in my current two-star party.

Is it reasonable to get to 500 before acquiring any more "quality" characters, or am I approaching this all wrong and on path to handicap myself?

garath

So I just started playing about a week ago, didn't bother with any re-rolls so my only 3-star arcana so far is Roy, a healer.

I'm trying to save up my prysma until I get to 500, but I feel like I'm starting to run out of character quests that have prysma as the reward in the first area. And I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it as the story starts getting harder if I keep investing in my current two-star party.

Is it reasonable to get to 500 before acquiring any more "quality" characters, or am I approaching this all wrong and on path to handicap myself?

You can definitely get 500 through character quests. Story quests give some too. Just use the arcana you get to roll for regular recruits and you'll get a lot of character quests that way.

So, I'm now at 490 Prysma. So the next Prysma-Quest will bring me to 500.

The question now is: Where do you think should I spend these best?

These are my currently most used Partys (with where possible Dusty+'Hero' in reserve):
cjXC04T.jpg

aD22yhv.jpg

bgWPoQC.jpg

(I think I was quite lucky. These are from the tutorial and one time 50 Prysma before I knew about the 10+1 bonus )

Zhengi

Just made it back in time for the event. I'm glad to see if t was fairly simple and there were some nice goodies to gain. I'll probably use the 4* enhancer once I have grabbed 9 other enhancers.

Bombless

Up to 650k gold doing the intermediate gold daily. Will keep running it today, might as well maximise the gold intake for next week.

desverger

Do weapons drop from anywhere? Running an all-soldier team where everyone uses a sword it's becoming difficult to choose who gets which weapon. And browsing the wiki it seems like there's only a few swords available as quest rewards - I just got the Shamsir, and wondering who to give it to.

Would be awesome to at least give everyone a basic B-rank longsword or something, but I have no idea if they exist as drops at all.

Merun

Do weapons drop from anywhere? Running an all-soldier team where everyone uses a sword it's becoming difficult to choose who gets which weapon. And browsing the wiki it seems like there's only a few swords available as quest rewards - I just got the Shamsir, and wondering who to give it to.

Would be awesome to at least give everyone a basic B-rank longsword or something, but I have no idea if they exist as drops at all.

Demon Raid is the perfect place to get lots of B rank weapon. There is also the Dusty war sales event which gives weapons. Otherwise, free quest and chain story might give you weapons, but they are in limited quantities.

Rixa

Demon Raid is the perfect place to get lots of B rank weapon. There is also the Dusty war sales event which gives weapons. Otherwise, free quest and chain story might give you weapons, but they are in limited quantities.

Aside from Main story, chek the Free Quests from wikia. Some FQ drop weapons as rewards.

desverger

Aside from Main story, chek the Free Quests from wikia. Some FQ drop weapons as rewards.

Yeah I checked most of these. Sadly, there only seems to be the Longsword, Shamshir and Kain's sword available from free quests, if I don't take the fire/ice swords into account. There's something called Jiraiya in the Nine Territories as well, but that's probably far away still.

Barring any events, those are it, and frankly I don't want to mess with the fire/ice swords since I don't have the units to spare.

Probably gonna give the Shamshir to Dusty..

Hachitora

I finally got myself a healer that looks better than Latty, but I'm kinda reluctant on switching her out for the Roy I got :p The area heals are too good

Yaari

Don't think my Lindsey will be ready for the next Demon Raid unfortunately. I think I will see max improvement if I focus on the entire team rather than an expensive level 55 Arcana, way less stat growth that way.

Zhengi

Just spent 80 AP trying to complete the intermediate gold stage and still missing the 3rd chest. Well, at least running it that many times has helped me get 200k gold. Now just gotta wait for AP and hope I can get it on the next try.

Rixa

Just spent 80 AP trying to complete the intermediate gold stage and still missing the 3rd chest. Well, at least running it that many times has helped me get 200k gold. Now just gotta wait for AP and hope I can get it on the next try.

I had to spend 100 AP to get it done. Atleast I have money now (780k) :D. Also nearing my target 500 Prysma (450 now) for to pull some "better" units. Aludra needs one level more for her 2nd ability quest, tho my party needs more levels. So going to so Story (chapter 5 going on) and grind Spark of Battle.

Yaari

I got them done yesterday, pretty lucky on the 20AP quests.
I hope that when I do recruits again, I'll get a 4 or 5* healer.
I guess 200k might not be enough for another week of enhancers though.

Elepsis

Neo Member
You can definitely get 500 through character quests. Story quests give some too. Just use the arcana you get to roll for regular recruits and you'll get a lot of character quests that way.

Thanks. I'll continue to wait patiently.

I guess this gives me plenty of time to figure out which tavern I want to pull the trigger in once I do get up to 500.

I was about to post about how nothing good ever comes from the middle column of the daily chests for me, but I always choose a middle column chest anyways. I actually got 2 fortune rings this time!

garath

Level 50. Going so slow with my Lindsey :/ she must be up to over 7k attack by now though. Got my grief sword maxed on attack. Wish you could see the numbers in the party view.

Aki-at

Level 50. Going so slow with my Lindsey :/ she must be up to over 7k attack by now though. Got my grief sword maxed on attack. Wish you could see the numbers in the party view.

You mean the stats for the sword? You just have to touch the weapon icon in the character profile to see how many bars you've got filled.

garath

You mean the stats for the sword? You just have to touch the weapon icon in the character profile to see how many bars you've got filled.

I mean the tabulated attack numbers. i.e. friends see your attack as a final number with the sword included. In party view I only see my Lindsey at 5200 attack. I'm guessing the sword is 100 attack per bar but I'm not 100% positive.

Rixa

I was about to post about how nothing good ever comes from the middle column of the daily chests for me, but I always choose a middle column chest anyways. I actually got 2 fortune rings this time!

If you mean daily login bonus, check this post made by desverger

Your login bonus is alredy decided* way before you even click anything, the chests are just a representation of randomization. The items itself have fixed rates to appear as your login bonus, and as such, the ticket is rare. If you'd clicked on the same chest as before, the ticket would have just been somewhere else. With that said, to avoid mindgames, always click on the same chest :p

*) As you may have noticed, there is no "Connecting..." when you click a chest. This is similar to how many mobile games work with RNG.

On the other news ;). Damn these daily quests (mage today) so much ap to lose so little to gain :D. 2 Runs 3 chest 40 aps blah.

Azusa

Valentine Festival

Event Date
February 09, 2015 to February 15, 2015

ValentineFestival_Schule2.png

About Valentine Festival
  • New Valentine Festival event recruit will be added to Recruitment.
  • Rates for all UR (☆☆☆☆☆) arcana in the Valentine Festival Recruitment only will be doubled!
  • Only during the Valentine Festival, Magical Sweets Warrior Schule can be recruited with her Choco Sword (Rank B) already equipped.

NOTE:
  • Arcana in the Valentine Festival can be recruited using 50 Prysma each.
  • During the event recruitment, other characters may still be recruited.
  • At the end of the event, Magical Sweets Warrior Schule will be added to the Tower of Might Tavern.

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/105978-valentine-festival

Wiki page about this arcana: http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Magic Warrior of Sweets Shuure

Rixa

Event Date
February 09, 2015 to February 15, 2015

Starts today \o/
Now I know where I spend my 460 Prysma :D. Btw Schule cost is 17. No need to save them anymore :).

At the end of the event, Magical Sweets Warrior Schule will be added to the Tower of Might Tavern.

^^ Makes good addition (if I get her) to my "soon to be mage team". Would be nice to get her from event due to already having that Choc wand.

Top Bottom