• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

Woot, chain story complete! Thanks for the help, all the high level GAFfers I have on my friends list, couldn't have done it without you :p

Phoena and 2x Premium ticket get, so nice.

garath

Woot, chain story complete! Thanks for the help, all the high level GAFfers I have on my friends list, couldn't have done it without you :p

Phoena and 2x Premium ticket get, so nice.

Wish I had a chain story to complete. Never did get a chain story char from the event. Used a few premium tickets for it too :/

desverger

Wish I had a chain story to complete. Never did get a chain story char from the event. Used a few premium tickets for it too :/

Yeah I suppose I've gotten lucky. I pulled 5x during the chain story character up event, and the first one I got was Slay.

Should've just stopped there lol, all the rest I got was rubbish.

Mknzy

Just unlocked Wayne's second ability. That is a useful ability if you are going for a party of knights, as it buffs all other knights in your party! I like it a lot! I have an almost fully limit broken Audette at level 41 right now, and just recently pulled a 4* knight, so I think I am going to build that direction, run 3 knights and a healer to take advantage of it.

Azusa

Finally. After four days of farming 7AP event quest I have enhanced my weapons from zero to max.

S8b5nV6.png

8tkzP7Y.png

Zhengi

Finally. After four days of farming 7AP event quest I have enhanced my weapons from zero to max.

Nice. I need to find me some good weapons. I've only gotten long swords so far.

Also, enhanced my Julianna with 4 knight enhancer cards and luckily got the Great Success message. Gained 3 levels and am at level 36.

Bombless

Just unlocked Wayne's second ability. That is a useful ability if you are going for a party of knights, as it buffs all other knights in your party! I like it a lot! I have an almost fully limit broken Audette at level 41 right now, and just recently pulled a 4* knight, so I think I am going to build that direction, run 3 knights and a healer to take advantage of it.

I have Parchelle, Wayne and Dannady in my knight team. Not sure who I want to have as 4th. Have Deed and could LB her once but maybe Juliana would work better (if she ever returns). Also have Ihelmina and Rowendia sitting around but I'm using a healer for the 4th spot atm.

Mknzy

I have Parchelle, Wayne and Dannady in my knight team. Not sure who I want to have as 4th. Have Deed and could LB her once but maybe Juliana would work better (if she ever returns). Also have Ihelmina and Rowendia sitting around but I'm using a healer for the 4th spot atm.

Yeah I can't really see myself not using a healer as my 4th spot, I have Arietta currently at level 48 with 1 limit break and she is doing great for me on healing.

Still hoping to get some more Gaf friends, I'm Mknzy in the game 107634619 for my id!

Wheeey managed to get a five star knight and four star healer!

Is it worth me rolling my hero into dusty or the demon swords man? Not that I've got more than one dusty in over 20k of coins..

Yaari

Wheeey managed to get a five star knight and four star healer!

Is it worth me rolling my hero into dusty or the demon swords man? Not that I've got more than one dusty in over 20k of coins..

I think you want to keep him for later quests. You might not even be able to get rid of him.

Which 5 and 4* did you get? Grats.

marrec

Banned
Anyone know where to reliably get a Type B club? I got Explosion from Lolleta's Chain Story but can't use it yet. :-/

Yay got the expert chests thanks to Yaari's Nimpha :D
Also managed to get the dailies too. Now all I have to worry about is the Targeted Knight.

My main/knight party. I've got FanFan who I plan on replacing with someone once he's leveled up, maybe Robby. But I really like Robby's vanguard attack..

My soldier party in-training
My mage party for shits and giggles with Lindsey cause she needs the levels.
Put nicky in all the subs for extra exp.

Bombless

Lots of samurai available in the Nine Territories I see. I guess I'll make a warriors team led by Tohka when I get there.
Funny story about her. I unlocked her final skill quest. Went there and saw it's a 4 parter with 24ap cost each. Went NOPE and moved on haha!

Stider

I caved and did the 500 prysma recruit in the holy city. Scored Parchelle, Dannady and Arietta as the standouts. Might switch to a knight team now :)

On that note, should I switch to Parchelle of continue with Nimpha?

Azusa

I caved and did the 500 prysma recruit in the holy city. Scored Parchelle, Dannady and Arietta as the standouts. Might switch to a knight team now :)

On that note, should I switch to Parchelle of continue with Nimpha?

Very good pull. You have rolled the best healer in the game.

Maybe you can try Parchelle + Dannady + Deed + Arietta team?
I don't know much about knights, but if I remember correctly Dannady gives a nice boost to the full knight team. The only problem with Dannady is his skill. It resets your team while you in the auto-battle mode.

Yaari

Lolleta is level 32. But I'm thinking I should probably give full priority to Lindsey instead. She's level 46 and will be a huge help for friends during the next Demon Raid. Especially if I get that sword.

garath

These damn dailies are my bane right now. I haven't gotten a single fortune ring in the last 140ap. :( Two days in a row of running the 20ap with a Nimpha friend every time and have not once gotten the last chest. What bum luck :/

Also it is getting VERY hard to max my grief sword. I need almost exclusively blade crafters now. I just tried to use a mix of 8 other crafters and 1 blade crafter for a grand total of around 67% success chance. Uhhh. Getting these last few points is going to be a long an expensive grind.

garath

You could run 20 times advanced event quest instead and have a good chance to get some blade crafters.

Yeah. I'm after the fortune rings the most. Actually gave up on the 20ap daily for now and ran the knight quest a few times. Got 2 blade crafters. Might as well keep doing that.

So many things to do! Want to level my party, upgrade my weapons, get fortune rings, get more prysma and finish the story. lol

Rixa

We got one Stamina Fruit for compensation of that patch downtime. I heard it took 3 hours (so 1 hour extra). Iam ok with this :D.

elty

Who would be a good user for the exp sword?

Nimpha
Hero
Haruaki
Dusty

I am thinking about Dusty or Haruaki.... Nimpha as my sole 5 star should probably reserved for better weapon?

edit: Nimpha doesn't seems to be a bad choice either as she seems to be staying with my party for eternal due to her potential treasure box skill....

garath

Who would be a good user for the exp sword?

Nimpha
Hero
Haruaki
Dusty

I am thinking about Dusty or Haruaki.... Nimpha as my sole 5 star should probably reserved for better weapon?

I put mine on Dusty. I see keeping him a little longer than Haruaki. You'll replace the hero with the next good unit you get.

edit: omg.. 5 blade enhancers, 3 mace enhancers on Lindsey with the grief sword and it's a 97% success rate and 66k o_O

I have crit maxed, def 3 out of 6, attack 14 out of 18. Soooo close.

elty

Saving mine for a permanent sub like Juliana. If I get her anyway. But yes, Nimpha is also a popular choice.

Well... that would either require great luck or lots of money, which I have neither :(

Used on my Nimpha, surprised it is an upgrade from long sword (also rank B).

Vecks

Lucked out a bit.

I only had one 4 star, Adelle, so I did my first 10+1 pull on the holy capital to at least get some solid 3 stars to work with. Got Rowendia with it, and was happy about that. Was about to do some enhancing when all of a sudden the game stopped loading. Must have been a server problem because I couldn't log back in for a while. When I got back on, it was as if I had never done the pull and still had the 500 prysma. Did the pull again and got Rowendia AND Dannady. Never thought I'd be so happy about a server crash.

Yaari

So is the 20AP quest much more efficient for collecting Gold?

I'm actually surprised I managed to reach the weekend without selling any Enhancers. But I'm stacked on 2* ones now.

Edit: When is the timed event? I'm a little confused with the timezones.

Zhengi

I'm actually surprised I managed to reach the weekend without selling any Enhancers. But I'm stacked on 2* ones now.

This Saturday, 8:00 PM - 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time

I don't think I'll be able to make it. I wish the hours were different.

garath

Don't know if its more efficient but I got about 60k from the first three chests and quest reward. Pretty good.

Bombless

Welp, so Dannady's and Juliana's party bonus stack together. I suppose that means Wayne's also does. Can't wait to unlock his skill (and maybe try to find Juliana for myself too!)

MidBoss

Started a day or two ago. I'm really liking it so far. Anyone have friend slots to spare? I'll try adding people from the spreadsheet. Changed my name to midGAF to make things easy.

desverger

Damn, getting trounced in main story 4-7. Two bosses and the last boss drops huge full screen bombs and my lv21 Latty can't keep up lol.

edit: Especially hate it when the game doesn't give ANY healer mana in 6-8 waves. What the heck? Almost feels like some quests are tuned up to be harder like this.

Bombless

Damn, getting trounced in main story 4-7. Two bosses and the last boss drops huge full screen bombs and my lv21 Latty can't keep up lol.

edit: Especially hate it when the game doesn't give ANY healer mana in 6-8 waves. What the heck? Almost feels like some quests are tuned up to be harder like this.

Are you running a 3 classes party? If not you should have enough mana for area skills to clear waves.

In other news, just cleared the 20ap Gold daily in one shot. Feels good, man. Up to 390k but will keep at it. Even without chest drops it's 45k a run, need the moolah, feeding arcana to the main party is getting damn expensive.

Rixa

Ive "wasted" 80 ap's to 20 AP gold event. Good thing is the amounts of gold I get, but yeah not so good for losing so many AP's. Still one chest to grab and 3 chests from 10 AP event. Also need 130 Prysma for the magical 500 Prysma :D.

desverger

Are you running a 3 classes party? If not you should have enough mana for area skills to clear waves.

In other news, just cleared the 20ap Gold daily in one shot. Feels good, man. Up to 390k but will keep at it. Even without chest drops it's 45k a run, need the moolah, feeding arcana to the main party is getting damn expensive.

Nope, just 3+1 warriors and a healer. Maybe I've just had bad luck, but I've ran it a few times and it's a stark contrast how in every other stage I've got more healer mana than I need, but for some reason, in that stage, I get like 1 red mana every wave.

I've taken to clearing some of the side stuff in the meanwhile, progress is still being made!

Damn, I almost forgot about that too. I got the 20 AP gold in one shot but I think I'll still keep going - I need the money, Lindsey upkeep is getting horribly expensive.

Aki-at

The weekend is usually the only time I've got enough AP to complete the story events, no reason to redo the gold events since I've got plenty of cash and no way to get fortune rings from it.

Uh. I need to set up an alarm for this >.<

Well at least you didn't make the mistake of waking up early today to get the event over and done with. Woke up at 5am and in my daze was confused where the event was, eventually found out that for me it occurs on the morning of 8th Feb ;__;

Yaari

Apparently I can run Expert without too much problems. It just takes a while, but I don't really have dead team members. Hope a week of leveling gets me ready for the second part of the quest. Latty healing more wouldn't hurt.

Top Bottom