• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rath

Neo Member
Looking to get some GAF members on my friend list and help with demons. Managed to get a Liberation from the pulls. Best I have to put it on was a 50 Ioh at the moment though, sonset him as leader for now... Should have waited when putting Grief Sword on Lindsey >.<
Name: RathDH right now
ID 168944600

garath

I still don't regret putting the grief sword on Lindsey. She's so strong with it.

I'll put the new sword on Haruaki. He has an 11 hit special at least.

Rath

Neo Member
Is this the demon raid that drops the sword that some people suggested using for Lindsey as opposed to the one that dropped in the last raid?

I think the idea was to wait until after this event to give Lindsey the Grief Sword. Its a better weapon than Liberation, but the ability on Liberation deals more damage to the current demon.

Bombless

I actually looted a Liberation on my 4th demon kill lol. My only sword user is Parchelle and she's using the xp sword so no way I'm changing that. I guess I'll give it to Tohka and finish her ridiculous skill questline.

desverger

I actually looted a Liberation on my 4th demon kill lol. My only sword user is Parchelle and she's using the xp sword so no way I'm changing that. I guess I'll give it to Tohka and finish her ridiculous skill questline.

Didn't know it was possible to get it as a drop! You get it as a reward from killing the 10th demon as well.

Would be swell to have two, though :p

Anko

What the... What in the world did you guys offer to RNGesus.

I've only ever gotten 1 3* faceless after no less than 20-30 pulls.

Should I do a blood offering? Buy some chickens?

Edit:
1st ticket...

Juliana.
Arghh! Lucky people everywhere around me! (grats, btw)

Fishious

So I'd prepped myself for gatcha disappointment. I checked around the forums to make sure Juliana was actually in this time. I saw the warnings before I tried to pull last time and reading about Gumi's mishandling of compensation I feel like caution is advised anytime there's a rate up, much less exclusive characters. I'd managed to hoard 500 prysma and 4 tickets and braced myself for the deluge of 3 stars.

1st ticket...

Juliana.

I think I'm done pulling until v2. I'm afraid of whatever misfortune lies ahead of me to balance out this incredible luck.

Merun

Merun! What happened to your Lindsey? Using a mage leader now? :(

Yes. Roxanna is better than my Lindsey for raids because her active skill is a 50% party atk buff. People can clear high level raid (100+) with just 2 warriors and 3 buffers.

garath

Woo, got a Coro from the demon gatcha already. Only did 7 pulls.

Same here. I think I only did 2! I didn't get the other demon from demon gatcha last time around.

i got 2 liberations and 2 *** from the gatcha but now i am out of souls and refills. The wait continues.

So I'd prepped myself for gatcha disappointment. I checked around the forums to make sure Juliana was actually in this time. I saw the warnings before I tried to pull last time and reading about Gumi's mishandling of compensation I feel like caution is advised anytime there's a rate up, much less exclusive characters. I'd managed to hoard 500 prysma and 4 tickets and braced myself for the deluge of 3 stars.

1st ticket...

Juliana.

I think I'm done pulling until v2. I'm afraid of whatever misfortune lies ahead of me to balance out this incredible luck.

What's with you lucky people!!

Grats guys :)

I've pulled 800 prysma today for only one 4*. Pulled around 20 times from the demon gatcha so far to a few 3* units. :(

Yes. Roxanna is better than my Lindsey for raids because her active skill is a 50% party atk buff. People can clear high level raid (100+) with just 2 warriors and 3 buffers.

Damn nice. Well I'll be abusing that then :)

Quixzlizx

What exactly does participation entail? I snuck out to do a couple of quests just now, and there was a message from someone on my friends list to participate in a level 9 raid. I clicked yes for that, and nothing happened except the prompt went away. I then did two quests, and didn't get a demon summon after either of them.

garath

Got Liberation as the level 10 reward. Ok. Have it on Haruki now. We'll see if that's any better. Level 10 actually took more than 3 blows. Difficulty ramping up :p

Friends list is now full up. Sorry if I haven't accepted your friend request.

How do you do the chain stories? I saw the popup about chain story when I got Alvert but don't see where to actually initiate the quest.

His starts in the Vice Capital. Scroll all the way down the events list on the map screen and there should be a "Chain Story 1-1. Quest Name" button that you can press that will take you to the chain story location.

Ugh. Started a new account. Rerolled for half an hour. Got myself a NIMPHA. Now almost 20 levels up in the raid, pulled Roy to replace Marina, now rolling with my misfit party led by a level 20 Nimpha and a bunch of rookie 3-stars. We're constantly running out of gold because it all goes to enhancing Nimpha. Nimpha Nimpha Nimpha.

This is kind of awesome but the thirst is real you guys. I sort of hate myself for being taken in by such a transparent gatcha game (and I know a crash is coming shortly), but I guess Skinner gonna Skinner sometimes.

garath

Friends list is now full up. Sorry if I haven't accepted your friend request.

His starts in the Vice Capital. Scroll all the way down the events list on the map screen and there should be a "Chain Story 1-1. Quest Name" button that you can press that will take you to the chain story location.

Nice thank you :)

garath

Does demon souls replenished after level up?

yes

edit: Damn. I've had 4 quests where a demon failed to appear afterwards now. That happened maybe 3 times the entire previous raid. I wonder if they upped the frequency of the demon failing to show or I'm just super unlucky today.

fulsome

What exactly does participation entail? I snuck out to do a couple of quests just now, and there was a message from someone on my friends list to participate in a level 9 raid. I clicked yes for that, and nothing happened except the prompt went away. I then did two quests, and didn't get a demon summon after either of them.

Participation means that you help your friends try to beat the boss. It will show how much HP is left and you can help out if you like (it is like playing your own level). From what I remember, you only receive demon coins for assisting (which I found I did more of when I could not beat my own levels myself).

Quixzlizx

Participation means that you help your friends try to beat the boss. It will show how much HP is left and you can help out if you like (it is like playing your own level). From what I remember, you only receive demon coins for assisting (which I found I did more of when I could not beat my own levels myself).

I think I might have gotten glitched somehow, because nothing happened after I pressed the button to participate, and I haven't gotten another demon raid of my own since then after my next two quests.

fulsome

yes

edit: Damn. I've had 4 quests where a demon failed to appear afterwards now. That happened maybe 3 times the entire previous raid. I wonder if they upped the frequency of the demon failing to show or I'm just super unlucky today.

Luck of the draw. Lvl 14 and it didn't happen once to me.

elty

Just wondering if any of these 3 stars is a keeper

Mage
Bilgitto
Ursula
Yona

Soldier
Ryubia
Zygmunt

Archer
Korona
Envy

Cleric
Johan

Other than Johan, Yona (healer mage) and Envy (+ gold) they all look horrible.

Anko

Yikes. Is the HP bump higher than the previous raid? It's at 61,620 HP for level 24. Nothing that 3 liberation swords can't handle yet. Still breezing through atm with plenty of time to spare but I can't imagine how tough this raid will eventually be without the liberation swords.

What's with you lucky people!!

Grats guys :)

I've pulled 800 prysma today for only one 4*. Pulled around 20 times from the demon gatcha so far to a few 3* units. :(

Damn nice. Well I'll be abusing that then :)

i did about 500 prysma and only got a Vorg ironically for this event. I really told myself not to pull anymore but Julianna is a foul temptress

Rixa

PSA: Incase you have mage that uses swords. Upgrade that mage with Liberation.

My level 30 Katya shoots 1888 damage to mobs in Colo raid and to Colo too.

I thought its only melee damage but fuck yeah \o/

Fishious

Since there are some people who weren't around for the last event I'll try to give a detailed low down.

For the duration of the Demon Raid there's a display that reads "Souls" at the top of the screen and displays your souls as yellow orbs. You can have 3 at one time. Whenever you complete a quest there's a high chance you'll get a message that says "DEMON INCOMING!" and displays its level. When this happens the display at the top will flash and say "DEMON INCOMING!" and have a number in the top right showing the number of demon encounters. This will usually be 1.

Tap on this to display a list of demons you can fight. Each demon will have a timer on it. When you trigger a demon by doing an AP quest, you'll have 1 hour from that point to complete it. Unlike normal fights you're on a time limit. If you spend 1 soul, you have 90 seconds. If you spend 3, you have 200 seconds. Make your choice, then fight through a few waves of enemies to kill the boss. Afterwards you'll get a chest with a card inside. You also get demon coins for initiating the raid and defeating the demon.

Each time you defeat the demon it will increase one level. Killing higher level demons gives better rewards and you get certain rewards for clearing specific levels, most notably a 5 star card of the demon. The last demon wasn't very good so most people sold her, but this one is supposed to be good so hang onto it.

Eventually you'll reach a point where the demon's too strong to kill in the allotted time or kills your party. At this point the game will ask you if you want help from friends. It will show a random selection of people from your friends list and you can refresh to list to get a new selection. Once you confirm this they will see your demon in their list. If someone asks you for help you'll see theirs. At this point you're free to spend more souls to try and kill the demon yourself. Everyone who participates by spending at least one soul and fighting the demon gets demon coins. Whoever deals the final blow gets the chest drop.

At first people will probably be killing their demons themselves, but once people start reaching their limit more and more requests will go out. Last time a bunch of us gaffers banded together to get some people up to 80, even if they could only make it up to 50 themselves so don't underestimate the power of friendship!

So, in short what are the rewards?
Notably some 3 star weapons, a 5 star warrior demon, and lots of 1-3 star arcana cards. Each chest drop gives you character arcana, enchancers, or weapons. At higher levels the loot improves and you have a decent shot at 3 stars which can be used or sold for rings. Demon coins likewise can be spend for the same sort of arcana with a rare chance for the 5 star demon. If nothing else you'll probably get a good amount of fortune rings from selling 3 star arcana.

How do I get more souls?
You can have 3 souls max at any time. If you have below max, they will restore at a rate of 1 per 30 minutes. If you rank up this will restore all 3 souls. There are items called vigor fruit available from the store and sometimes as rewards for completing specific difficulty levels of the demon raid. I believe refreshing stamina with prysma or stamina fruit also restores all 3 souls. I'd recommend saving any items that refresh all souls until the higher difficulties where you'll burn multiple souls to kill one demon.
Stuff to be aware of
There were some bugs during the first raid. Most notably if 2 or more plays fought the demon at the same time and killed it, it would bug out and have 1 hp remaining. It would essentially become unkillable and a waste of everyone's time. If I recall correctly the other issue was completing an AP quest and getting another DEMON INCOMING! notification while you already had one of your own on the list would cause it to refresh its health. I don't know if these are still issues, but its something to watch out for.

elty

Finally get Liberation, dump 400% worth of weapon enhancer and attack only goes up by 1.

Out of AP now, never see any request to help on demon at all. I think I will just do the 4AP easy quest from now on.

PSA: Incase you have mage that uses swords. Upgrade that mage with Liberation.

My level 30 Katya shoots 1888 damage to mobs in Colo raid and to Colo too.

I thought its only melee damage but fuck yeah \o/

I did the same thing. IT has been wonderfully awesome. If you get to use her special skill it should be doing around 17k

garath

Finally get Liberation, dump 400% worth of weapon enhancer and attack only goes up by 1.

Out of AP now, never see any request to help on demon at all. I think I will just do the 4AP easy quest from now on.

The help requests won't start coming until people are unable to kill it in a single attempt. Probably in the 40-50 range for most.

The 6ap fruits of research is the best XP to AP ratio. I stick with that one as it also gives me a chance to rank up eventually and get a refresh on AP and souls.

Quixzlizx

OK, false alarm... I was just having really bad luck with demon encounters. When it came to the battle I tried to participate in, nothing ever happened, though.

Teiran

Went in for ten pulls at the event/Juliana gacha; got Lolleta, two 4*, and 21 fortune rings. I guess that's worth.

I also got 20 holy forgers from the daily login thanks to the double bonus, which I find kinda hilarious.

Yaari

Question for my second account. I can only ask friends for help if I actually touched the demon. Right? Meaning what if I died before that?

Rixa

Level 60 Raid boss has 244k HP and level 61 raid boss has 145990 HP.
So every tenth (or 20) boss has much much more hp than others.

garath

Level 60 Raid boss has 244k HP and level 61 raid boss has 145990 HP.
So every tenth (or 20) boss has much much more hp than others.

Yeah. The last raid was similar. There were some very significant jumps and some milestones that had a much higher HP amount even than the level next to it. If I recall, level 40 had almost twice the hp of level 39 but level 41 was much lower than 40.

Jesus, the attack multiplier for the Liberation during the raid is insane. My 47 Alvert is dealing 2.7k damage per regular hit while my 49 Deed is only dealing roughly 670 damage. Wish there was a liberation spear.

Teiran

sqNBuOW.png

Demon coins came through. I'm already having a better time than with the Katarith raid.

Question for my second account. I can only ask friends for help if I actually touched the demon. Right? Meaning what if I died before that?
I don't think so? IIRC some of the raids for the last demon week I couldn't reach the dragon/time ran out before I reached him and I could still send it to you guys, can't recall correctly though so don't take my words as a guarantee XD

Top Bottom