• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Rarity 20, daily chest got good luck (always clicking same chest since its already chosen what you get).

CCDaily.PNG

6 Free rings thank you.

Yaari

Yeah, Hero has really poor stat growth haha.

I'm at 59 now. It's getting a little slower and I will probably have to use my coins soon. I have 2 more characters capable of using Liberation so hopefully I will pull atleast one. Should increase my kill speed again.

Rixa

Yeah, Hero has really poor stat growth haha.

I'm at 59 now. It's getting a little slower and I will probably have to use my coins soon. I have 2 more characters capable of using Liberation so hopefully I will pull atleast one. Should increase my kill speed again.

Btw. I dont know If you have been using my lvl 48 Toka. She has maxed Liberation and wave heal ability opened. So use her if you havent.

Anko

I'm done with 80. 81 is a little crazy. Coro doing 1.6k with every hit to my characters. I'm currently out so I can't help anyone with their raid yet.

Gizuko

Should I keep isach over bilgitto in a mage team? I already have minimo for treatment, and bilgitto's passive is ok, but her active is only x4 vs x5+blind.
Then again, bilgitto is LB2 already.

garath

Going to be a struggle to 80. I'm up to 62 but it's starting to slow down a bit. 60 made me use a second soul. I looked away from the screen too long and came back to a wiped party with only 100k damage done lol

Still no coro (or anything good) from demon coins. First day I got a few 3* but literally nothing good since then.

Oh well. That's the way these games work. Hopefully with some help I'll at least get 80 and have a 65 coro in my team.

Can't you put him as a sub and still get the heal per wave?

I'm asking btw, I don't know for sure :p

heal per wave doesn't work as a sub unfortunately. I've actually debated using him as fodder just for the heal to get through the first few waves a little healthier.

Yaari

Some for me at 60 haha. I was doing 2 things at once, so I died.

Anyway, time for 5 Premium Rolls, and using my 35k Demon Coins. Surely something decent must come out of either of them, right? Stay tuned :p.

Edit: Premium rollls, just an Alvert. Because I did not already have 2 of those. Lol.
Edit: All crap, 26k of nothing. Some Liberation but who cares, I knew I was going to get those. The 3*'s werent good either

Merun

I had to 2 orb at 70 because of RNGesus with mana. Too much mage, not enough warrior mana. Still normal waves are a breeze. Killing Coro in 15 seconds, leaving me with 40s extra. I will definitely aim at 100+

garath

Some for me at 60 haha. I was doing 2 things at once, so I died.

Anyway, time for 5 Premium Rolls, and using my 35k Demon Coins. Surely something decent must come out of either of them, right? Stay tuned :p.

Edit: Premium rollls, just an Alvert. Because I did not already have 2 of those. Lol.
Edit: All crap, 26k of nothing. Some Liberation but who cares, I knew I was going to get those. The 3*'s werent good either

26k of nothing? ugh.. RNG is not friendly sometimes. :/

desverger

I had to 2 orb at 70 because of RNGesus with mana. Too much mage, not enough warrior mana. Still normal waves are a breeze. Killing Coro in 15 seconds, leaving me with 40s extra. I will definitely aim at 100+

Yeah, sometimes I feel my Latty is plotting to kill me by having me pull only healer mana in 4 waves. Mana definitely has a huge impact on how fast you can get Coro down, and for me, green mana does not even amount to a lot of healing.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have a 4-warrior team and get Dusty killed just before the last wave. This would allow me to only pull red mana in the first 3 waves and have Latty provide "some" upkeep in the boss wave.

Yaari

Like when I did 40 rolls and did not get a single 5*. Rates are shit in this game. But oh well, again, lesson learned hah.

I got 20 Dragon Gems (Equivalent of 250 Prysma) in Dragon Poker because it is Chinese New Year, eat that Gumi.

garath

Yeah, sometimes I feel my Latty is plotting to kill me by having me pull only healer mana in 4 waves. Mana definitely has a huge impact on how fast you can get Coro down, and for me, green mana does not even amount to a lot of healing.

Sometimes I wonder if I should have a 4-warrior team and get Dusty killed just before the last wave. This would allow me to only pull red mana in the first 3 waves and have Latty provide "some" upkeep in the boss wave.

In the last demon raid I found that completely abandoning the healer was the way to go. Have a single mana party of all warriors guarantees all red mana and you do more damage that way. It more than made up for the lack of healing. Need decent subs though because you will have losses. Try it out. No healer at all. All red, team and subs.

Quixzlizx

Added!

Tried to add you but it said you were at your maximum number of friends. :(

Sure, I can open a spot for you. Just let me know your in-game name so I can add you.

I've sent you a friend invite as Quix, if you could just let me hang out on your invite list until you happen to have spots open up, lol. Thanks.

Quixzlizx

I haven't even gotten another Liberation yet, lol.

At least I beat level 50 this morning. Coro is my first 5* arcana. Thanks to all of the high-level gaffers who added me to their friends list!

These level 60 battles are killing me all are taking 2-3 souls each and all my warriors are underleveled. Trying to make it to 63 on my own for the next reward. I dont think ill make it to 70.

desverger

In the last demon raid I found that completely abandoning the healer was the way to go. Have a single mana party of all warriors guarantees all red mana and you do more damage that way. It more than made up for the lack of healing. Need decent subs though because you will have losses. Try it out. No healer at all. All red, team and subs.

Yeah, I tested it out earlier and it worked fine, but I swapped Latty in when I started having losses. I still could barely run level 62, probably due to 4 Liberation swords, but it might be time to try that tactic again and see how it fares :p

Yaari

It's too bad I can't run that 4th Liberation sword. Loletta is by far the 4th highest character I have, so replacing her is not an option. I can't wait to see how far I will make it though. I only managed to scratch 80 last time.

garath

In an ideal world, I would have held on to the grief sword and volunteer sword and I'd have a full party of liberation swords:

60 Lindsey
50 Dusty
40 Haruaki
40 Ryubia

However, that didn't happen so I only have Haruaki and Ryubia with Liberations. Frankly I only got 2 so far so I wouldn't have been able to do it anyways.

I really wish I started playing earlier so I might have been able to LB Lindsey. I barely scraped up enough fortune rings to get her let alone LB last time :/

When Sulstan drops he's going to take over my leader slot I'm sure. I have 170 rings right now and climbing.

garath

is ryubia a decent 3 start soldier? i have sold three of them over the course of this event.

She's ok. I pulled her early so she ended up in my party and I've leveled her quite a bit. Not the best 3* soldier but I like her AoE attack for 2 mana. Helps in quests.

elty

You usually need one to tank the off lane anyways so you don't really need 4 liberation.

Or does the sword also work for trash mob?

garath

Yes, a huge difference. My level ~20 Robby can take out a wave of level 50 adds with her 1-mana active (when I actually have the mana for it FU RNG).

Thanks for this :) You just made my clears a lot easier. In wave 4, instead of just ignoring the adds and hammering away at Coro with Haruaki or a friend Lindsey with Liberation, I re-positioned Ryubia right in the middle of the pack and nuked them all with her special. It costs 2 mana but it literally clears the wave and everyone gets to concentrate on coro. Level 67 went REALLY smooth with that tactic. Not even a single loss.

and WOO just pulled Melvina from demon coins. Might be the best thing I've pulled so far. Finally a decent healer!

edit: the only trick is Popra is a 4* and has better stats than Melvina by far. But Melvina can cure poison.. Maybe I should just nuke Popra and use Melvina.

Yaari

Thanks for this :) You just made my clears a lot easier. In wave 4, instead of just ignoring the adds and hammering away at Coro with Haruaki or a friend Lindsey with Liberation, I re-positioned Ryubia right in the middle of the pack and nuked them all with her special. It costs 2 mana but it literally clears the wave and everyone gets to concentrate on coro. Level 67 went REALLY smooth with that tactic. Not even a single loss.

and WOO just pulled Melvina from demon coins. Might be the best thing I've pulled so far. Finally a decent healer!

edit: the only trick is Popra is a 4* and has better stats than Melvina by far. But Melvina can cure poison.. Maybe I should just nuke Popra and use Melvina.

I got 2 Popra and I still want a Melvina. I hate myself for ever selling a copy for 3 lousy rings. I've said that before and that probably won't stop anytime soon either, lol.

garath

I got 2 Popra and I still want a Melvina. I hate myself for ever selling a copy for 3 lousy rings. I've said that before and that probably won't stop anytime soon either, lol.

I guess the cure poison is just universally more valuable and there are far better 4* units for healing than Popra. Plus I'm pegged on party cost. Not that I envision adding a new member higher than what I have for now but eventually it might be an issue.

Yaari

I guess the cure poison is just universally more valuable and there are far better 4* units for healing than Popra. Plus I'm pegged on party cost. Not that I envision adding a new member higher than what I have for now but eventually it might be an issue.

She also has like the worst ability ever. I don't even remember when I ever played in a snow based map.

I was wondering. Are there any healer type Demon Raids?

Kaizu

I think I hit my ceiling with Coro at level 83 so I will stop now and might as well help others so I can earn those damn coinz.

My ID is 138,162,335 Karen lvl 62 with Liberation, 10 friend slots left. Could 1 soul till level 76 if rng mana is on my side.

Zhengi

I definitely will try this.

I'm starting to slow down at lvl 63 as well. I hope I can get to lvl 80 to get another Coro.

First demon get from demon pull ever. Got Coro and Liberation in one pull. Gonna slap it on Robby so I can deal with those pesky mobs on wave 4.

I think I need a slow down time button so I can micromanage all my characters. I feel like within 5 seconds of moving other soldiers into place, my Coro attackers are already halfway dead.

garath

I think I hit my ceiling with Coro at level 83 so I will stop now and might as well help others so I can earn those damn coinz.

My ID is 138,162,335 Karen lvl 57 with Liberation, 10 friend slots left. Could 1 soul till level 76++ if rng mana is on my side.

Sent you an invite. I'm garath! :p

First demon get from demon pull ever. Got Coro and Liberation in one pull. Gonna slap it on Robby so I can deal with those pesky mobs on wave 4.

I think I need a slow down time button so I can micromanage all my characters. I feel like within 5 seconds of moving other soldiers into place, my Coro attackers are already halfway dead.

I spend the first 3 waves shifting my characters around so my friend Lindsey face tanks the coro and I get my Ryubi in the middle and my own lindsey covering the top for stragglers. It literally takes 3 waves to reorganize them. Pain in the butt. Grats on the pull :) Lucky :)

Zhengi

Oh, great suggestion on the all warrior team. Got all red mana and easily cleared Coro. Best part is that having Juliana in the subparty gave me her atk and def up bonus. Awesome!

I think you'd be better mixing archers and knights. Archers struggle against enemies with shields.

Probably, I been trying to build a knight team but I keep pulling nothing else. ~_~

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm at like level 30 of the demon raid and still haven't pulled much of anything worth of while. I guess one liberation sword and like one or two repeat 3 stars. No Coro.

Quixzlizx

My ID is 138,162,335 Karen lvl 57 with Liberation, 10 friend slots left. Could 1 soul till level 76 if rng mana is on my side.

I sent an invite as Quix.

garath

Damn. Almost did the level 70 demon in one soul. I messed up and my Ryubia ended up tanking coro instead of the lindsey and she got nuked almost instantly. Didn't get a chance to wave clear and the coro kept aggroing the wrong people and I lost too many. Still got the coro down to 50k. Bodes well for the level 80 attempt. Still sucks I have to wait out another soul. :/

elty

Aki is still carrying me at lv 75, ya!

(with 3 dead, 7.87 second left and an add advanced to the last column with Latty desperately trying to catch)

CBTech

So how do Weapons work exactly and which ones are worth using? Does switching weapons negate any weapon enhancers you've used on a character? I have a ton of 2 star Longswords and Longbows. Should I just sell those? I have 2 level 3 swords I got recently, Gladius and Liberation. Should I sell them for rings or use them to upgrade a characers weapon?

elty

My ID is 138,162,335 Karen lvl 62 with Liberation, 10 friend slots left. Could 1 soul till level 76 if rng mana is on my side.
Thanks, added. (GG_Gaf)

garath

So how do Weapons work exactly and which ones are worth using? Does switching weapons negate any weapon enhancers you've used on a character? I have a ton of 2 star Longswords and Longbows. Should I just sell those? I have 2 level 3 swords I got recently, Gladius and Liberation. Should I sell them for rings or use them to upgrade a characers weapon?

Weapons. They basically do up to 4 things: Add to your attack, crit, defense and sometimes have a special ability. Each weapon will have stat limits. i.e. a regular B longsword will allow up to 5 attack, crit and defense. You don't get those points until you use weapon enhancers though. You can enhance the weapon up to its max. Enhancements carry on. So if you enhance a character to the aforementioned 5/5/5 and you upgrade to a A ranked grief sword 18/14/6 you would have 5 points in each stat already and be able to fill the rest with enhancers. The only exception to this is if you upgrade to something with a smaller limit. i.e. only allow defense 4 then you'd lose that extra point.

It's worth holding on to some of the basic B rank weapons because you cannot upgrade from C rank to A rank. All characters start with a C rank weapon. It's more than worth it to throw any old B rank on a character if you feel like they are going to be in your party for a bit. Common B rank weapons aren't too hard to come by. Excess B rank weapons you can sell safely.

Liberation is special for this raid as it does bonus damage to the monsters. It's worth putting on someone if you are doing the raid for sure.

Don't downgrade a weapon though. I.e. don't take that incredibly awesome and rare Grief sword and put a liberation on that character. You'll lose the Grief sword forever. Weapons are always replaced and never come back again.

Top Bottom