• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

Starting to struggle at lv66. Barely made it in one soul. I think lv80 should be possible with some help. I'll most likely be requesting it soon enough :p

4 days left, so still plenty of time.

garath

Man. People must be using my Lindsey a lot. I'm rolling in arcana. I have 77k now. I only had 72k yesterday :eek:

I was saving them for v2 but might be worth pulling 10 a few times.

marrec

Banned
Finally got a second Liberation and now I've got Kiki and Yoshino back on the front line. Still only level 31 and 34 respectively but that should get me to at least 60.

I also got Bernadette from the waifu voting thing. I should replace Slay with her until I can get my full 5* soldier team at a higher level. Did everyone get Bernadette from voting in that?

Uthred

Finished the Loletta quest and got the 5 star axe but I'm unsure whether to use it on Lol or Coro, as I can limit break the latter at least once due to a lucky demon coin pull

Right now I'm using 2 souls to kill 80+ Coro. Not that bad though. I'm only usually leaving 6k HP left due to time restraints.

I also got Bernadette from the waifu voting thing. I should replace Slay with her until I can get my full 5* soldier team at a higher level. Did everyone get Bernadette from voting in that?

Didn't vote, but got Bernadette when going for Julianna.

Vecks

Finally got a second Liberation and now I've got Kiki and Yoshino back on the front line. Still only level 31 and 34 respectively but that should get me to at least 60.

I voted and didn't get her. :(

garath

I voted and didn't get her. :(

Ditto :(

edit: Still going strong at 73. This raid is MUCH easier for me than the last one was lol. I should be able to do up to 80 myself. Willingness to go much further will be diminished though. Will be looking to help others more.

Only had to use 2 souls a few times. Level 70 being one of them. Probably need 2 souls on level 80 as well.

Zhengi

Man. People must be using my Lindsey a lot. I'm rolling in arcana. I have 77k now. I only had 72k yesterday :eek:

Yeah, I've been using any Lindsey who has a liberation sword. Just so much easier taking out Coro needing only 1 red mana to do so much damage.

do we know if v2 is definitely getting a global release? i'm sitting on about 50k arcana points because i got tired of pulling rubbish

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
do we know if v2 is definitely getting a global release? i'm sitting on about 50k arcana points because i got tired of pulling rubbish

Almost certain. Why wouldn't they release it? Gumi usually follows whatever the original version of the software did (like in Brave Frontier). If I knew they weren't going to implement v2, I'd probably quit, to be honest.

Separately, this game needs to have a way to raise the level of your characters beyond the initial level limit besides the gacha. I've been playing Heroes Charge lately, and I really appreciate how they do it. You can earn pieces of a character through normal play, and once you accumulate enough, you either get that character or can use the pieces to raise the base level of that character. It's a really good system because you can just farm the pieces for the characters you want. In theory, you never have to bother with characters you don't really care for (unless you use the gacha).

desverger

cleared level 47 by the absolute skin of my teeth, no idea how i'm gonna do these last 3 levels honestly

Add me up if you want, I just made room for 1 friend :p

Will try to help you if I can, I'm around level 68 now. Of course there are people here with better arcana than me, so try to add them up too :)

I have a Level 76 Lindsey with Grief Sword if anyone wants to add me. 9 free slots available at the moment. Just mention your in-game name here so I know who you are.

In-Game Name: Chrono
ID: 196,800,536

added as Alex with Karen leader

So, is the liberation sword good? Why so? I had like 4 and sold off 3 of them. I'm starting to feel like a criminal. Reason being, multiple of my characters have 4-5* equips and nearly maxed out, if not maxed out stats. I don't feel like downgrading my equips and having to do that work all over again. Holla.

Liberation sword does a lot more damage to Coropatillon just for this event. Its great for powering through the raid. If you have A ranked weapons i wouldnt downgrade for Liberation. It essentially becomes a Gladius after the event is over.

At 77 now, and I think 80 for the LB should be possible. At least with 3-4 Souls and hopefully some help. But after this I think I'm done and concentrate on helping others for some coins.

70 was a weird spike with Coro at ~300k (71 was at ~175k) and some bad mana-rng cost me 3 souls. I hope the spike at 80 isn't as bad.
On the other side I got through 76 first try. So with some luck much is possible.

garath

Next one for me is 80. Just had a rank up so a nice little 3 in a row to get to 80.

Pulled demon coins 25 times. Not a single 3* or above. Feels bad. I'm only going to get to LB coro once aren't I?

So disappointing.

marrec

Banned
cleared level 47 by the absolute skin of my teeth, no idea how i'm gonna do these last 3 levels honestly
Not amazing, but I've got a lvl 31 Yoshino with Liberation if you might need some help.

Friend ID:170792979

Might switch to a level 34 Kiki with Liberation though.

garath

Meh. Did 250k to the level 80. 115k left. I'll smoke that next soul. Didn't even wipe. Ran out of time with the 5 waves. A little more time and I would have had it. The half hour wait starts. I'm almost feeling like being lazy and using a vigor fruit. I have a ton.

edit: apparently a ton means 6. Guess I'll just wait out the 30 min.

garath

Is chrono's Coro bugged? Showing as 1hp left.

That's the raid bug. If someone kills the demon while someone else is engaged on it and DOESN'T kill it then it bugs out with 1hp and if you try to attack it again it has full hp.

It's annoying and horrible and a huge waste of souls.

Level 80 down for me. Coro limit break once. Pretty disappointing raid event for me. Not much extras :/

commish

That's the raid bug. If someone kills the demon while someone else is engaged on it and DOESN'T kill it then it bugs out with 1hp and if you try to attack it again it has full hp.

It's annoying and horrible and a huge waste of souls.

Level 80 down for me. Coro limit break once. Pretty disappointing raid event for me. Not much extras :/

Is coro even good? I haven't even looked or thought about it.

desverger

Managed to clear level 70. My 2-soul strategy now is to go all in with a full warrior squad and just try to shave as much hp off Coro before I die. Then I switch Latty onboard and try to tank the rest lol. To be fair, my own Coro does a decent job of being the sacrificial lamb and eating hits because of her regen ability. I usually send her first.

Nothing extraordinary with the demon coins today. I pulled 3 more Liberations, but I honestly don't have anyone to give them to anymore :p

Also pulled Robby 3 times. Unsure if I should LB her and use her, or sell her for rings. She does have a nice line-dash aoe.. but she is a knight sadly.

I have no idea if I'm gonna run anything else besides a full warrior team + 1 healer in v1, especially now that I have Coro. Is there a reason to use anything else?

Kreed

I'm getting pretty spoiled with this raid + the Liberation swords. Does the next Raid have a similar weapon that makes it easier to get the rewards?

Good stats for a 5 star. Abilities look useful. Should be a good fit for a soldier party.

http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Demon of Prison Coropatiron

Eventually I'd have Lindsey, Coro, Sulstan, Healer

Oh wow, I thought Sulstan was coming up soon, but based on that schedule we have a couple of months. I guess by the time he comes around I'll have enough rings to get him and limit break him a few times.

Next one for me is 80. Just had a rank up so a nice little 3 in a row to get to 80.

Pulled demon coins 25 times. Not a single 3* or above. Feels bad. I'm only going to get to LB coro once aren't I?

So disappointing.

I feel the same way, closing on lvl 80 and havent pulled coro once.

Of its any consolidation i dropped $100 on this game and pulled Karen in my 4th pull and havent seen a 5* since. $100 for a single 5 star is a pretty shit deal.

commish

I feel the same way, closing on lvl 80 and havent pulled coro once.

Of its any consolidation i dropped $100 on this game and pulled Karen in my 4th pull and havent seen a 5* since. $100 for a single 5 star is a pretty shit deal.

I downloaded a game the other day called Blood Brothers 2. I put a few minutes into it, seemed cool. I decided to check out the official forums to see what others thought about the game, and it was immediately terrifying. There were so many reports of people spending hundreds (MULTIPLE hundreds) of dollars, if not $1000+, and not getting a single top level unit. Without even getting into how insane that spend is, the pull rate for useful units in that game is astounding. So, it could always be worse :p

I downloaded a game the other day called Blood Brothers 2. I put a few minutes into it, seemed cool. I decided to check out the official forums to see what others thought about the game, and it was immediately terrifying. There were so many reports of people spending hundreds (MULTIPLE hundreds) of dollars, if not $1000+, and not getting a single top level unit. Without even getting into how insane that spend is, the pull rate for useful units in that game is astounding. So, it could always be worse :p

News like that terrifies me enough to say, $100 is my limit until i see v2. I honestly do enjoy this game for the sheer amount of story content. I do waste a lot of xp to upgrade cards to get their side quests. Im really in this one for the long run.

I really hope in v2 they keep the same rules and logic as the jp one. Other than increased drop rate, I hear theres a consistent way to grind for rings and maybe prisma to the point that jp players are running out things to spend it on.

Also i ended up with maybe 12 or so 4* characters. I hear you can chain ability characters together in v2 breaking 10k damage mark. Sitting on about 300 rings right now as well, should get me lvl 80 sulstan at this rate. Trying to keep the glass half full now

garath

79 Demon is up next. So far it can all be done with 1 Soul, but I'm guessing that is going to change soon.

It'll probably change at 80. The hp almost doubles and the mobs hit pretty hard. Level 80 coro has hp in the high 300s and stays that way through the 80s.

commish

News like that terrifies me enough to say, $100 is my limit until i see v2. I honestly do enjoy this game for the sheer amount of story content. I do waste a lot of xp to upgrade cards to get their side quests. Im really in this one for the long run.

I really hope in v2 they keep the same rules and logic as the jp one. Other than increased drop rate, I hear theres a consistent way to grind for rings and maybe prisma to the point that jp players are running out things to spend it on.

Also i ended up with maybe 12 or so 4* characters. I hear you can chain ability characters together in v2 breaking 10k damage mark. Sitting on about 300 rings right now as well, should get me lvl 80 sulstan at this rate. Trying to keep the glass half full now

Until I feel like there's content I want to do but can't, then I won't spend another penny on the game, really. I like my core team and will work with them for as long as possible. It's the games where there's competition, some sort of PvP aspect, that I feel compelled to spend more. Here, I can work with my team and rely on my strong GAF friends to fill in the gaps!

johnsmith

remember me
Is there a site that shows character quest rewards? I need to know whether I should bother leveling someone to get prisma or if it just unlocks an ability for someone I'll never use.

Yaari

Is there a site that shows character quest rewards? I need to know whether I should bother leveling someone to get prisma or if it just unlocks an ability for someone I'll never use.

I think most give Prisma and the Ability. As long as its 1 or 2 rarity characters, its a safe bet that you don't need to level them other than starters like Kain.

Beat the 80 Demon, took 1 Orb. But 5 seconds left. So that's going to change soon. I do like how far I've gotten with a single orb.

Merun

It'll probably change at 80. The hp almost doubles and the mobs hit pretty hard. Level 80 coro has hp in the high 300s and stays that way through the 80s.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. 81 to 89 should have been easier but no, it just continues from the level 80. Struggling to one orb because Coro hits hard.

Zhengi

Up to lvl 75. I'll probably save up 3 orbs for when I face Coro at lvl 80, just to be sure that I can finish her off and not have her run away.

chrono01

So I'm done progressing the raid event personally [Level 83]. All of my remaining souls will be used to help out all of you fine folk. I'll try to check in regularly and see if anyone requests help.

Syrus

Banned
So I'm done progressing the raid event personally [Level 83]. All of my remaining souls will be used to help out all of you fine folk. I'll try to check in regularly and see if anyone requests help.
What isbur friend ID? Im stuck and need help , Friend ID:117304041 CFxGAF ign

Top Bottom