• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Fishious

Just finished 100. Still no Coro from chest drops or coins. I think I'm going to switch focus and start helping people out.

Fishio

I've got 11 slots open. If you've got GAF in your name I'll add you when I see your request, but if you don't send a PM so I know you're not a just a random.

Quixzlizx

I just got crushed by level 70 after 3 souls. RIP me.

Edit: Woo, thanks Stiltz. I kept getting mana screwed out of red mana despite having three soldiers and Elemia, so I was going to do a 4-soldier banzai charge with my 4th soul after it recharged, with one of the soldiers being level 1, lol.

BJK

474d0215-5f6f-4d18-ac79-99e83202fe1a_zpsvhtli82x.png

Demon coin pull; law of averages is seriously catching up to me. :)

Krorg

Cleared level 120 and finally got Coro from the gatcha. I had a go at level 121 and realised that I'm not going much further.

I'll probably just do requests now. I freed up some friend slots, ID is 164,799,092 if anyone is interested.

Rixa

Just finished 100. Still no Coro from chest drops or coins. I think I'm going to switch focus and start helping people out.

Demon coin pull; law of averages is seriously catching up to me. :)

No average law here. 100 levels of Demons cleared in raid, just pulled last 27k of demon coins. 0 Coros from pulls, only those 2 rewards. Many many rings tho :). Iam keeping my 2 Coros in box and those sweet 3* enhancers (4 total) as well for Sulstan.

desverger

Up to level 86 now. Still can manage with two souls by having a super high level Lindsey friend and just getting up to Coro's face to spam her ability. Works every time!

Will probably take it to 90 and just stop and try to help others.

Those demon coin pulls are funny though. After that first Coro pull I've gotten Robby 5 times. I guess the game really wants me to use her? But I'm just thinking of selling her for 15 rings now. I really doubt I'm gonna make a knight team at any point :/

Other notable things I managed: Nimpha is now 60, cleared her quest. Opened all the taverns too and got up to chapter 7 in the story!

Also a question now that I'm sitting at 550 prysma and have all the taverns open - I run a full warrior team, where should I go and do my 10+1 pull?

My current team is:
Nimpha
Coro
Haruaki (LB4)
Latty

Just looking at my team I would say Latty is showing her age and needs to be replaced ASAP. Or should I perhaps start working on something completely different? Mage team? Knight team? Something mixed?

So, where do you think I should go and pull - undoubtedly for some crappy 3* units?

Rixa

Will probably take it to 90 and just stop and try to help others.

Also a question now that I'm sitting at 550 prysma and have all the taverns open - I run a full warrior team, where should I go and do my 10+1 pull?

My current team is:
Nimpha
Coro
Haruaki (LB4)
Latty

So, where do you think I should go and pull - undoubtedly for some crappy 3* units?

You should aim for level 100. Level 100 Reward is premium ticket, I got mine yesterday and did pull in Sages Tower Tavern and got 4* Orianna, new healer for me to replace Melvina.

If youre after warriors go to 9 Territories. Tavern list scroll down and see why 9T tavern for warriors.

My raid team is 2W1M1C:

4* Toka
2* Dusty
5* Aludra
3* Melvina.

After raid aim going to use my mage hybridteam 3M1C:

5* Aludra
4* Rebecca
3* Minimo
4* Orianna

Dusty +10% gold & Nicky +10% epx as subs.

So go with those units, what you feel comfortable, try to get better healer (3* Melvina or some 4/5*).

Iam doing all my future pulls in STT for those fabulous mages (which I wont be getting). Same thing is with my alt account.

desverger

You should aim for level 100. Level 100 Reward is premium ticket, I got mine yesterday and did pull in Sages Tower Tavern and got 4* Orianna, new healer for me to replace Melvina.

If youre after warriors go to 9 Territories. Tavern list scroll down and see why 9T tavern for warriors.

Maybe I will try to get 100, we'll see how it goes!

I most likely phrased my question badly, I was mostly wondering since I already have two 5* warriors and one fully LB'd 3*, is there any point for me to try and pull any more warriors? Sure, Haruaki isn't great, but he still dishes out decent damage. Also, I will most likely try and get a few copies of Sulstan, so that's when Haruaki gets the boot at least.

I guess my prysma would be better spent trying to get a decent healer.

Rixa

Maybe I will try to get 100, we'll see how it goes!

I most likely phrased my question badly, I was mostly wondering since I already have two 5* warriors and one fully LB'd 3*, is there any point for me to try and pull any more warriors? Sure, Haruaki isn't great, but he still dishes out decent damage. Also, I will most likely try and get a few copies of Sulstan, so that's when Haruaki gets the boot at least.

I guess my prysma would be better spent trying to get a decent healer.

Oh I see :).

Yeah dont aim for Warriors, aim for healer + whatever comes with those pulls. Sadly games best healer Arietta is located in Holy Capital so there is always chance to get those _not_so_wanted_ knights.

But scroll the tavern list + check if this Juliana event has good healers to try pulls from there (double rate for UR pulls).

If you get knights, dont sell Robby instead make a knight / hybrid team. Iam also leveling Robby (3LB) and I dont have other knights (I dont like knights, Robby has nice art).

Yaari

F0PkH62.png

I guess the RNG Gods still have plans with me in this game. Last night I went through my 3 tickets and I got shit.

This morning I was on 30 Prysma. I did a quest, and the 4th chest was a blue one with Prysma. (What are the odds?). Then I killed Dragon #110, and the reward put me on 50 Prysma, so I did my roll and she finally showed up.

Still no Coro, but I'm happy with this. I also got a Melvina but I'm guessing a non-LB one does not beat a maxLB Latty.

Teiran

F0PkH62.png

Still no Coro, but I'm happy with this. I also got a Melvina but I'm guessing a non-LB one does not beat a maxLB Latty.
I dunno. I still think LB0 Melvina (3999/2800, cures poison) is better than LB4 Latty (3650/3010).

Congrats on your Juliana pull!

Yaari

Thanks. I now got a 3th Johan. But he looks like a douche, I don't really want to use him.. haha.

If anyone needs help above Demon #60 until #100, you can add me at 134,991,242. I'm going to do some refills to farm DC.

Rixa

Thanks. I now got a 3th Johan. But he looks like a douche, I don't really want to use him.. haha.

If anyone needs help above Demon #60 until #102, you can add me at 134,991,242. I'm going to do some refills to farm DC.

Johans are common healer drops in this raid. I already sold 3 Johans before I got another Melvina. Iam keeping my Melvina (LB1 now) for later use and leveling Orianna same time.

Havent used Orianna yet but she is 28 level now (got her yesterday).
Orianna seems to be boosted version of Melvina, one could say Melvina 2.0.

Yaari, you got demon help request lvl 102 :p. Btw thank you for your Lindsey loans :)

Yaari

Johans are common healer drops in this raid. I already sold 3 Johans before I got another Melvina. Iam keeping my Melvina (LB1 now) for later use and leveling Orianna same time.

Havent used Orianna yet but she is 28 level now (got her yesterday).
Orianna seems to be boosted version of Melvina, one could say Melvina 2.0.

Yaari, you got demon help request lvl 102 :p. Btw thank you for your Lindsey loans :)

I doubt I can finish it off, but I'll do enough damage so you can do it on your next run.

Rixa

I doubt I can finish it off, but I'll do enough damage so you can do it on your next run.

Thats the plan, I or someone else is going to finish it :).

EDIT: Thank you for the help. Finished it and got 3* Mace Forager. I so wish for that one extra Coro but nothing so far (only 2 Coros).

Merun

F0PkH62.png

I guess the RNG Gods still have plans with me in this game. Last night I went through my 3 tickets and I got shit.

This morning I was on 30 Prysma. I did a quest, and the 4th chest was a blue one with Prysma. (What are the odds?). Then I killed Dragon #110, and the reward put me on 50 Prysma, so I did my roll and she finally showed up.

RNGod is rewarding your faith to better toy with you later. Still congrats ^^

Funny thing but i do more damage on level 100+ because more waves means more mana. Peaked at 400k damages.

Yaari

Thats the plan, I or someone else is going to finish it :).

EDIT: Thank you for the help. Finished it and got 3* Mace Forager. I so wish for that one extra Coro but nothing so far (only 2 Coros).

On a second note you can keep sending me more if you want to. I don't have enough people that need help, and if I can do 300k~ we can still be efficient in killing.

RNGod is rewarding your faith to better toy with you later. Still congrats ^^

Funny thing but i do more damage on level 100+ because more waves means more mana. Peaked at 400k damages.
I'd like to think I've had my test of faith, and now will only be rewarded :D.

Rixa

On a second note you can keep sending me more if you want to. I don't have enough people that need help, and if I can do 300k~ we can still be efficient in killing.

I'd like to think I've had my test of faith, and now will only be rewarded :D.

Your faith has been tested and rewards truly. I did sent one demon to you. Cant sent more, no AP left :).

Yaari

Your faith has been tested and rewards truly. I did sent one demon to you. Cant sent more, no AP left :).

Ah I see, they don't show up unless I relog. I'll deal damage in 5 min, after that I will use Prysma to restore souls too.

desverger

Oh I see :).

Yeah dont aim for Warriors, aim for healer + whatever comes with those pulls. Sadly games best healer Arietta is located in Holy Capital so there is always chance to get those _not_so_wanted_ knights.

But scroll the tavern list + check if this Juliana event has good healers to try pulls from there (double rate for UR pulls).

If you get knights, dont sell Robby instead make a knight / hybrid team. Iam also leveling Robby (3LB) and I dont have other knights (I dont like knights, Robby has nice art).

Arietta and Orianna both seem like solid healers, just feels kind of crazy trying to pull them if I don't plan on making a knight or a mage team :p

This event's "Double UR rate" is kind of a sham really, wish they'd boosted the SR rate as well.

Congrats! Game decided to play nice for a change it seems.

Rixa

Ah I see, they don't show up unless I relog. I'll deal damage in 5 min, after that I will use Prysma to restore souls too.

Oh wow, one of my friends get those 30mins late and you need to relog. I know players that sent help requests but no one gets them. Bugs bugs everywhere.

I wait your damage output and do my turns after it.
Thanks for clearing it :p

Arietta and Orianna both seem like solid healers, just feels kind of crazy trying to pull them if I don't plan on making a knight or a mage team :p
This event's "Double UR rate" is kind of a sham really, wish they'd boosted the SR rate as well.

Yea, my luck that Iam trying to get mages so got Orianna :). But I feel your pain.

marrec

Banned
So am I correct in assuming that LB4 Latty is better than Johan in any incarnation?

I've gotten 3 Johans during this event but 0 Melvinas. :( Also, for a soldier team, is there a specific healer I should be gunning for?

In less tangential news, I think I'll be able to make it to lvl 80 coro without too many troubles. Finally got a 3rd Liberation and gave it to my lvl 30 Slay because there is no way I'm going to give it to my Loletta (she's got a fully lvl'd Explosion). I'm finally running a full Lib team with my Lib wielding friends and Latty.

marrec

Banned
Any way to reject all friend requests, I have 350 and its slowing my game down. I must look past it or something.

I have a "Reject All" button at the bottom of my Friend Request list.

350 requests must be hard to scroll through though :lol

garath

Level 100 next. Got higher than I expected initially. This event was much easier than the last raid. It's balanced around Liberation pretty heavily though but pretty broken with high level Lindseys mana spam face tanking it with Liberation lol.

F0PkH62.png

grats!

Yaari

I have a "Reject All" button at the bottom of my Friend Request list.

350 requests must be hard to scroll through though :lol

Thanks. Button doesnt even work anymore. I guess I let it pile up too much. Better get rid of them soon before it gets worse. Lindsey sure is popular lol.

desverger

Level 100 next. Got higher than I expected initially. This event was much easier than the last raid. It's balanced around Liberation pretty heavily though but pretty broken with high level Lindseys mana spam face tanking it with Liberation lol.

I'm waiting for souls to do my lv90 stage, probably gonna spend 3 and then beg for help :p

I'm just worried that the next raid is gonna feature a spear or a mace/axe. Liberation was a great crutch, since almost everyone can equip swords, but I don't think I have a single spear user for example.

Rixa

I'm waiting for souls to do my lv90 stage, probably gonna spend 3 and then beg for help :p

I'm just worried that the next raid is gonna feature a spear or a mace/axe. Liberation was a great crutch, since almost everyone can equip swords, but I don't think I have a single spear user for example.

Iam waiting for spear raid. Rebecca will be party leader.
HP <50% attack +50%. Raid weapon to hand (hopefully they are as easy to get than Libs) and kaboom.

Quixzlizx

I just pulled Juliana this morning with one of my premium tickets from finishing Slay's chain quest : )

Finally some gacha luck to keep me wanting to do more pulls instead of dreading them.

Yaari

Haha I added some people from the CC forum to offer help but they are not sending me anything. I guess my Lindsey made it too easy for them to do it themselves. Lol.

garath

100 down. Ok.. here goes. 2500 more demon coins, 1 premium ticket and 50 prysma. Let's see what luck brings me..

edit: Complete bust. Nothing from the coins. 2 3* from the gatcha pulls :/

So 100 levels, no coro, handful of 3*s. 1000 prysma and 2 tickets with only 2 4* to show for it. Ouch.

Zhengi

Congrats on some nice pulls.

I'm at lvl 88 right now. I'm taking a break and going to concentrate on completing quests for prysma. I'll help out on Coro whenever I get a request.

garath

Well I'm a little frustrated with the game. At least in Brave frontier you can evolve characters and make them better. I'm now literally stuck with a sub par party and nothing to do to improve them.

Can't LB Lindsey. She's stuck at 60. Can't LB coro, she's stuck at 65. I have no other 5* characters.

It's going to be a long wait until Sulstan and even then, I only have ~200 rings. I'll be able to LB2 him maybe.

I wish I had LB4 Lindsey, LB4 coro, Julianna (RIP 2 tickets and 1000 prysma), a Nimpha would be very nice.

Even some interesting mage characters or something. But it's impossible to pull these. There's literally no way of diversifying your party without throwing money at the game. I wouldn't mind doing that if I actually thought it would do something. But when you're yanking nothing but 3* trash from the gatcha there's no way I'd spend a dime.

1000 prysma is the equivalent of what, $60? With literally no improvement to my game. Terrible.

Quixzlizx

Well I'm a little frustrated with the game. At least in Brave frontier you can evolve characters and make them better. I'm now literally stuck with a sub par party and nothing to do to improve them.

Can't LB Lindsey. She's stuck at 60. Can't LB coro, she's stuck at 65. I have no other 5* characters.

It's going to be a long wait until Sulstan and even then, I only have ~200 rings. I'll be able to LB2 him maybe.

I wish I had LB4 Lindsey, LB4 coro, Julianna (RIP 2 tickets and 1000 prysma), a Nimpha would be very nice.

Even some interesting mage characters or something. But it's impossible to pull these. There's literally no way of diversifying your party without throwing money at the game. I wouldn't mind doing that if I actually thought it would do something. But when you're yanking nothing but 3* trash from the gatcha there's no way I'd spend a dime.

1000 prysma is the equivalent of what, $60? With literally no improvement to my game. Terrible.

I guess you pretty much just have to build your party around the 5*s you're lucky enough to grab, because trying for a particular 5* is a recipe for a mental breakdown.

I pulled Elemia with one of my original 2 pulls when starting the game, so I immediately thought that I wanted to eventually make a mono-mage party. But the chances that I will ever get a Katya/Cheery/Velnar are close to zero, I'm guessing.

Fishious

I get where you're coming from. I've had much better luck than you so I can't really complain, but I'm still cognizant of these flaws. I played PAD for a couple of years and always liked that even 3 stars could evolve into a useful team leader. Even when power creep hit the game hard they kept going back to older characters and adding new evolutions so they'd still be useful.

In CC I feel like the LB system makes it so that you don't have to just get lucky once and pull what you need, but five times. On the other hand CC actually gives you something to do with dupe characters (either LB or sell for rings) whereas every time I pulled a Lilith or Golem in PAD they went straight to the trash. PAD's skill up system is straight up garbage. Can't tell you how many times I ran difficult dungeons just for a chance at a skill up monster drop, had to evolve the monster, repeated 4 more times, then fused them during a skill rate up even only to get nothing.

My digression aside, there's still time in the event and maybe you'll get lucky and pull a Coro. Also Sulstan and Lindesey's presumed return are probably a few months off at this point which will make waiting a pain, but it's also a blessing because you've got a decent shot at stockpiling enough rings to fully LB both, especially if we get another raid or two between now and then.

Being a cash player in this game doesn't seem to be worth it. I am pretty much at the same place you are except I decided to not spend money. From all the praises I hear about v2 it might be a good idea to simply wait it out and spend money then. I mean I am a f2p player and i am pretty much at the same place as you right now, except for the amount of FR.

Top Bottom