• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Thanks. I now got a 3th Johan. But he looks like a douche, I don't really want to use him.. haha.

He took up my arcana slot for so long because I wanted to get his level 30 quest. Finally got it this week and tossed him for rings. So many unwanted characters are taking up my arcana inventory because I want their quests, even if they are just skills. Now gotta get Rhynel up to 40 for his quest -__-. But hey it gives prysma like Johan's.

Nimpha deserves some credit because her skill does 40k damage to the Demon, haha.. wow.

And it takes forever to cast. If you can make it to the last round without losing anyone. and if you RNG blessed you with a full stack of reds. I can spam her attack 3 times in a row then bring in my cleric and katya usuall gets her special off too, for another 18-20k. These 80+ are killing my team though, i think i am kind of under leveled for it seeing as i dont have anyone over level 35.

blackflag

Just beat level 50 Coro, not sure how much farther my guys can go since my highest is level 44. At least I got 1 copy of the demon and I also got Juliana from a few pulls yesterday.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm up to 84ish. Takes 2 orbs for me to kill. Probably won't farm more but will just help out other ppl. Still only the 2 Coro from the rewards. Oh well.

Zhengi

Just beat level 50 Coro, not sure how much farther my guys can go since my highest is level 44. At least I got 1 copy of the demon and I also got Juliana from a few pulls yesterday.

Just keep going and aim for at least 80. Send out friend requests for help. You can do it :)

marrec

Banned

I got a 41 Yoshino with Liberation who can be of some help if you need.

Friend ID: 170,792,979

desverger

Well I'm a little frustrated with the game. At least in Brave frontier you can evolve characters and make them better. I'm now literally stuck with a sub par party and nothing to do to improve them.

Can't LB Lindsey. She's stuck at 60. Can't LB coro, she's stuck at 65. I have no other 5* characters.

It's going to be a long wait until Sulstan and even then, I only have ~200 rings. I'll be able to LB2 him maybe.

I wish I had LB4 Lindsey, LB4 coro, Julianna (RIP 2 tickets and 1000 prysma), a Nimpha would be very nice.

Even some interesting mage characters or something. But it's impossible to pull these. There's literally no way of diversifying your party without throwing money at the game. I wouldn't mind doing that if I actually thought it would do something. But when you're yanking nothing but 3* trash from the gatcha there's no way I'd spend a dime.

1000 prysma is the equivalent of what, $60? With literally no improvement to my game. Terrible.

FYI, This was always my biggest complain about this game - no unit evolving, and I also kind of suspected that eventually I'd fall to the "trap" you described - no reliable way to improve my party.

It seems like the only reliable way to get a fully LB'd 5* character is to buy them with fortune rings. I've played this game for free for about a month, and thanks to this demon raid, I'm sitting at about 120 rings. The next month? Hopefully 240, but not likely. Eventually though, enough to buy 5 copies of a good fortune ring character and fully LB him/her. Before that? Well, it's just a waiting game lol. I'm not spending a single ring on anything else before Sulstan most likely.

To be fair though, they are different games and BF has been out for a way longer time. CC doesn't also have the unit spectrum BF has. In CC you pretty much need a single good character and build your party around it. In BF you need multiple good characters to compose a balanced party for whatever task you're attempting. It still hasn't really dawned to me why would I want a knight party in here for example? Are they better than warriors - probably not? Maybe someone can expand on this :p

Overall, I've had quite a lot of fun with CC. The raids are pretty great for example. You can definitely get by with a "sub-par" team and some crazy high level friends.

Like I said earlier, just try to enjoy what the game deals to you and hopefully we'll get v2 soon enough. That's my plan anyway!

Zhengi

FYI, This was always my biggest complain about this game - no unit evolving, and I also kind of suspected that eventually I'd fall to the "trap" you described - no reliable way to improve my party.

It seems like the only reliable way to get a fully LB'd 5* character is to buy them with fortune rings. I've played this game for free for about a month, and thanks to this demon raid, I'm sitting at about 120 rings. The next month? Hopefully 240, but not likely. Eventually though, enough to buy 5 copies of a good fortune ring character and fully LB him/her. Before that? Well, it's just a waiting game lol. I'm not spending a single ring on anything else before Sulstan most likely.

To be fair though, they are different games and BF has been out for a way longer time. CC doesn't also have the unit spectrum BF has. In CC you pretty much need a single good character and build your party around it. In BF you need multiple good characters to compose a balanced party for whatever task you're attempting. It still hasn't really dawned to me why would I want a knight party in here for example? Are they better than warriors - probably not? Maybe someone can expand on this :p

Overall, I've had quite a lot of fun with CC. The raids are pretty great for example. You can definitely get by with a "sub-par" team and some crazy high level friends.

Like I said earlier, just try to enjoy what the game deals to you and hopefully we'll get v2 soon enough. That's my plan anyway!

Yeah, I agree. Enjoy CC for what it is. I'm just saving up all my arcana coins at this moment and waiting for V2.

BF sounds interesting. I should probably check it out.

It still hasn't really dawned to me why would I want a knight party in here for example? Are they better than warriors - probably not? Maybe someone can expand on this :p

Only thing Knights have over Soldiers is that they take less ranged damage, but it's not really a trait that makes an mono-knight team all that attractive. I believe soldiers have better crit rates, or rather can crit period. Not sure if I ever saw my knights crit anyone. Kinda hard to tell when I'm just rushing. I went with a knight team because Alvert and Robby were my first 4 and 3 star arcana. Apparently Knights get some sort of buff in v2. Not sure how specifically thy get stronger.

Trying to build up a soldier and mage team once the raid ends. Already have a Lindsey, Coro LB2, Bernadette, and Ibuki. I also have Diez who has a 3 hit 1 mana poison which might prove useful.

Bombless

Need one more victory to get 2nd Coro card and I'll stop there. My Liberation characters are too low level to live long enough to do damage properly. Besides, the money dailies are about to start, i'm completely out of cash and have at least 20 enhancers to burn.

I'm running a Knights team because I like the way they look. They deal less damage and are more resilient than soldiers and their shields make you laugh at ranged enemies. They have a wide array of AoE specials too, along with several characters with buffing passives (I have Wayne and Dannady who buff everyone but themselves with more damage, more defense/running speed). They suck on timed events like demon raids however (especially here since my knights use lances, not swords).

Reached level 50 and I think that's a good point to aim for. I guess I could go for the further ones for demon coins but god, my luck has been crap this time.

Just reached 100, might do a slow grind to 104 tops but more willing to help out other players at this point with raid invites. I have a pretty strong team with 3 lib swords and 59 karen as leader. Shes good for keeping Coro knocked down.

125063357 AndGAF
reply with name if interested.

Vecks

Just reached 100, might do a slow grind to 104 tops but more willing to help out other players at this point with raid invites. I have a pretty strong team with 3 lib swords and 59 karen as leader. Shes good for keeping Coro knocked down.

125063357 AndGAF

I could sure use the help. VexGAF.
Currently struggling my way up the 80's.

I could sure use the help. VexGAF.
Currently struggling my way up the 80's.

added, tried to help on your current raid, couldnt finish it in 1 soul. ill see what i can do in 20 minutes

Saved up another 50 prysma to be a masochist. Pulled and.......

A second Alvert. Lol? I guess its another 10 rings.

ya the premium i got at 100 turned into a 2nd vorg, wrong raid buddy
but sitting at 343 rings so sulstan here i come

Must thank the load of you who have Lindsey as their captain =D Seem to be doing a much better rate in fighting the demons this time around in comparison to last time XP. then again no dragons XD
Not getting good pulls though =(

Edit: Just got to 50 and now have Coropatillon =)

Quixzlizx

I just got an offer for 620 prysma, 3 tickets, and 100k gold for $30, and I'm kind of tempted : \

Also, I got absolutely crushed on level 80, so I sent some aid requests out. Since my guest is the only character who doesn't cave in like a rotten melon, 5 waves takes too much time for me to get through.

Anko

What I've been doing is getting some 1 mana active skill soldier to tank. In most cases, I use lindsey and spam her skill while having her up against coro as a tank. Funny thing is I think I do more damage this way as opposed to giving 3 mana to Nimpha and seeing everybody else drop like flies soon after because Nimpha used up her invincibility frames too quickly. 1 mana buys time while doing decent damage.

elty

What I've been doing is getting some 1 mana active skill soldier to tank. In most cases, I use lindsey and spam her skill while having her up against coro as a tank. Funny thing is I think I do more damage this way as opposed to giving 3 mana to Nimpha and seeing everybody else drop like flies soon after because Nimpha used up her invincibility frames too quickly. 1 mana buys time while doing decent damage.

When you use up all the mana, just pull back Lindsey - everyone else will die and give Lindsey more mana to play with.

edit: just 4 soul lv98 Coro... drop a Faceless.

Anyone can help with lv99/100?

Zhengi

So I open my daily login chest and I receive holy forger. I'm already at the 20th chest and I'm like seriously, stupid chest can't give me the prysma that is in that other chest? I look in my storage box and see that the holy forger is x 10 and there are two sets of them. I think,big deal, I have twenty of them. Then I notice something in the corner and realize that those cards have three stars. Nice, I can probably sell them and net me some rings. Not as good as a premium ticket, but not bad at all.

desverger

So I open my daily login chest and I receive holy forger. I'm already at the 20th chest and I'm like seriously, stupid chest can't give me the prysma that is in that other chest? I look in my storage box and see that the holy forger is x 10 and there are two sets of them. I think,big deal, I have twenty of them. Then I notice something in the corner and realize that those cards have three stars. Nice, I can probably sell them and net me some rings. Not as good as a premium ticket, but not bad at all.

I think that's a rare bug that can happen with this event. Instead of 2x the item you get 20x of them :p

Would be funny if that happened with the premium ticket..

btw as with most gatcha games, im pretty sure the item is preselected before you even pick it.

Gizuko

125063357 AndGAF

Still have some slots left? I'm adding you, since its pretty difficult to find another mage leader (I'm running Karen as well, though still lvl34) and I'm struggling to get to 80 (I have done some 4-souls raids so far, tbh).

IGN: GizGAF.

jM6YjPz.png

Wow, some help I was. >_<

Aki-at

Finished my level 100 target last night so if anyone wants help feel free to add me I've got 2 free slots, let me know who you are beforehand :p

Name: Aki-at
Friend ID: 164568728

Gizuko

Goddamn, I can't believe a lvl 18 guest Yuni is carrying me through the mid 70s.

Also, I pulled Orianna from the Sage's Tower after I got Melvina as a Killing Blow reward for helping clear a lvl60 Coro. Even when the RNG is good with you, it still screws you over (to add insult to injury, I have a mage team, so I wanted Elemia as pseudo healer).

And my daily reward are 2x 3* spear forgers. I don't even HAVE a spear character (I had a LB1 Kai that I sold after getting Robby. Same with Audette. I even sold a 3* Rapier just yesterday).

/rant

desverger

Thanks for the help Rix, level 100 down!

I'm just gonna help other people now if I can. Felt I got what I'm gonna get from this event :p

Aki-at

Why not go for 120, I cant find anyone to help :(

It's taking me 3, sometimes 4 souls, just to clear a level now. My luck is horrible in this game, during the fights I end up with 6 healer mana and only one soldier making my Lindsey pretty useless :/

When the stars align and I manage to get a healthy amount of soldier mana it'd only take me 2 souls to get past Coro mind you.

Azusa

Cleared level 114 and I think I stop here. I'll try to do next levels but I don't think 3 souls are enough any more. Demon has 520k HP and her aoe damage is deadly for most of my team.

EDIT:
I was right, I can't kill demon any more.

Gizuko

Did Coro seriously bug at 1hp left? I tried again and she was back to full health.

KAsAil6

By the way, thank for helping, Andy.

Aki-at

Did Coro seriously bug at 1hp left? I tried again and she was back to full health.

KAsAil6

By the way, thank for helping, Andy.

Nasty bug that, if two people attack and defeat the demon at the same time then you'll be left with a glitch that says 1HP left.

Yaari

Someone on CC forum questioned Gold chest dropping from Coro at all, and I'd have to agree. If it existed, we would have heard about it dropping somewhere. Pretty weird again.

Gizuko

Nasty bug that, if two people attack and defeat the demon at the same time then you'll be left with a glitch that says 1HP left.

Ah damn it, I always try to dump 2 souls to make it easier for whomever pitches in to help, but I guess I'd better wait a bit.

garath

It's taking me 3, sometimes 4 souls, just to clear a level now. My luck is horrible in this game, during the fights I end up with 6 healer mana and only one soldier making my Lindsey pretty useless :/

When the stars align and I manage to get a healthy amount of soldier mana it'd only take me 2 souls to get past Coro mind you.

Drop the healer if you can. I actually added the hero back in as fodder and healing between waves. All red mana means I can facetank coro forever.

Yaari

I agree. I actually want them to die because it keeps Lindsey going.

Just going to keep farming DC until the event ends. We'll see where it gets me. At 60k DC now, but that really means nothing when it is all about luck. Reading people having 6 Coro, is just ridiculous, considering I've not found a single one at all.

Edit: Ugh, bugged 1HP Demon on my raid list. Always happy when I did not participate in that.

Top Bottom