• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

chrono01

Awesome, I just used three of my Souls on a Level 105 demon and got hit with the 1HP bug.

Honestly, at this point, I'm going to stop asking for help. It seems to be more of a burden than anything else. What makes it worse is that I would have killed the demon myself on the third soul [she had zero life left and refused to die]. ;_;

Bombless

Event is nearing its end, so I can say that this week has been a disaster for me pull wise. No Coro, no Juliana. Only UR is Islem which is not very good.

Now letting my despair behind me, let's set sight on what is to come. Next demon raid!

Demon of Lightning Ael Gurun. Useless demon for the rest of us. Ring her, but if you want to get ready for the raid, get spear user. The event weapon will be a spear. I will certainly use Deed and Fan fan, and still Roxanna.

Finally something for us spear users!

2 Coro cards, no Juliana, got 20 or so levels on Parchelle, got to 160 rings without selling the Coros, this was a decent event. Will probably hit 60 on Parchele in a couple days now that the weekend has refilled the gold chest. Tempted to go with Parchelle and Taka for the per wave healing and forgo the healer all together. Now I can refocus on the storyline quests for a while.

garath

Jack and shit for me lol.

Only got the coro cards from the level 50 and 80 rewards. Got to 112. Made about 60? fortune rings so not bad I guess from that standpoint. If I cash in everything I have about 240.

Got 2 Melvina cards. Best I can say. Over 1000 prysma and 2 tickets spent for nada though.

Yaari

Well, it will be interesting to see how Gumi reacts to the complaints. The amount of people that potentially got screwed out of a Coro drop because of their decision to remove the chest, is pretty significant. Perhaps most people can still get a LB2 that way.

chrono01

Well, it will be interesting to see how Gumi reacts to the complaints. The amount of people that potentially got screwed out of a Coro drop because of their decision to remove the chest, is pretty significant. Perhaps most people can still get a LB2 that way.
Yeah, if they didn't outright remove the gold chest, they severely altered the drop-rate. That's the only explanation for not a single mention of anyone, even those who reached Level 150+, having the gold chest drop. I really wanted to Lb3/4 Coropatiron too, and the idea that potential drops were removed from the games, well...that upsets me. :/

Merun

I also forgot to mention something, based on some discussion I had yesterday. It seems that Gimu is being faster than JPCC event wise. Not sure if it's related to collaboration, or lack thereof. But it might mean that v2 is closer than we think. Taiwanese CC got V2 6 months after release.

BJK

Now letting my despair behind me, let's set sight on what is to come. Next demon raid!

Demon of Lightning Ael Gurun. Useless demon for the rest of us. Ring her, but if you want to get ready for the raid, get spear user. The event weapon will be a spear. I will certainly use Deed and Fan fan, and still Roxanna.

Think I already know the answer, but worth selling off my bounty of 3* filler to collect enough Fortune Rings for Deed (as a free player)?

I managed to pull a (LB0) Juliana from the 2 free tickets I received for completing (LB0) Alvert's (my reset-until-I-got-someone-usable starter) chain quest. While I do have a spear user knight to go with them (LB1 Kai), There's a perfectly good spear using knight still available this week.

I'm up to 31 fortune rings from running the daily (plus Alvert's CQ); even if I hold onto the few good 3*s I received from Demon Coins this past week - LB1 Melvina, LB1 Nicky (for XP boost in my sub party), and LB0 Iris (for the cheap bastard party I run Gold dailies with) - can still get over 70 rings by selling off everyone else: (Rhynel x3, Maurice x3, Thomas x3, Bilgitto x2, Faceless, Robby, Ryubia & Killie).

That still leaves my Coros (3) untouched, should I find myself in need of FRs more than I need a LB2 Soldier. And a few 3* weapons....which I'm not sure whether to ring our or not (2x Myollnir, 1x Gladius).

(Also, is there anyone in that sales list I should hold onto, just in case I want to try something other than a Knight party?)

The only concern I have is that I still only have 48 cost to build a team...meaning it might be saints & scrubs for quite awhile until I can level enough to build a full squad.

Juliana, Deed, Alvert, Melvina (Kai / Nicky, Phoena in sub-party) is at least a squad I could build towards....if I could ever afford it.

Merun

Think I already know the answer, but worth selling off my bounty of 3* filler to collect enough Fortune Rings for Deed (as a free player)?

I managed to pull a (LB0) Juliana from the 2 free tickets I received for completing (LB0) Alvert's (my reset-until-I-got-someone-usable starter) chain quest. While I do have a spear user knight to go with them (LB1 Kai), There's a perfectly good spear using knight still available this week.

I'm up to 31 fortune rings from running the daily (plus Alvert's CQ); even if I hold onto the few good 3*s I received from Demon Coins this past week - LB1 Melvina, LB1 Nicky (for XP boost in my sub party), and LB0 Iris (for the cheap bastard party I run Gold dailies with) - can still get over 70 rings by selling off everyone else: (Rhynel x3, Maurice x3, Thomas x3, Bilgitto x2, Faceless, Robby, Ryubia & Killie).

That still leaves my Coros (3) untouched, should I find myself in need of FRs more than I need a LB2 Soldier. And a few 3* weapons....which I'm not sure whether to ring our or not (2x Myollnir, 1x Gladius).

(Also, is there anyone in that sales list I should hold onto, just in case I want to try something other than a Knight party?)

The only concern I have is that I still only have 48 cost to build a team...meaning it might be saints & scrubs for quite awhile until I can level enough to build a full squad.

Juliana, Deed, Alvert, Melvina (Kai / Nicky, Phoena in sub-party) is at least a squad I could build towards....if I could ever afford it.

If you plan to make a knight team, just get Deed. Moreover, the next good ring character will be Sulstan who is a few month away, so there is time to stock pile new rings for him.

As for your party, hmm. First Nicky shouldn't be in your main party, because your main party will eventually max level. In fact your sub should be Julianna and Phoena, though you are short on knight so Julianna to the front for now might be a good idea. And yes you can sell everyone else to get Deed, except Coro.

Quixzlizx

If you plan to make a knight team, just get Deed. Moreover, the next good ring character will be Sulstan who is a few month away, so there is time to stock pile new rings for him.

As for your party, hmm. First Nicky shouldn't be in your main party, because your main party will eventually max level. In fact your sub should be Julianna and Phoena, though you are short on knight so Julianna to the front for now might be a good idea. And yes you can sell everyone else to get Deed, except Coro.

Should I get Deed if I already own Juliana/Wayne/Dannady/Rowendia? Dannady and Rowendia are currently subs because I'm not even close to fitting them in under cost yet. I'm currently using Juliana/Wayne/Robby/Latty - MC/Dusty to barely get under the cost limit. I even have Melvina and Arietta as healers that I can't use yet.

Bombless

Should I get Deed if I already own Juliana/Wayne/Dannady/Rowendia? Dannady and Rowendia are currently subs because I'm not even close to fitting them in under cost yet. I'm currently using Juliana/Wayne/Robby/Latty - MC/Dusty to barely get under the cost limit. I even have Melvina and Arietta as healers that I can't use yet.

There's no room for Deed in this group. I bought her last event and then got Wayne/Dannady/Parchelle/etc and she's been benched ever since. Deed is nice to have if you have no access to 5*/4* knights but that's just it.

Aki-at

As this event comes to an end, I want to thank Gareth for his suggestion on dropping the healer, helped me get passed another 10 levels! Thanks to ComGAF, AndGAF and tbkGAF too, your characters really helped me pile some massive damage on Coro, and of course everyone else I might have picked that I can't recall at the moment.

Sorry to Quixzlizx for bugging that one Coro for you ;_;

Grats!! Hope my grinding pays off too when I go through my DC later on.

I think saving up and splashing it out in one go is the way to go, I managed to get myself another Melvina thanks to it. It's a lot less aggravating spending 10k coins and then seeing I got a bunch of extra fortune ring fodder, at least I should be able to get a LB2 Sulstan.

Stider

Just an idea, but would a party of Parchelle, Touko, Coro and Nimpha work? No healer but once Parchelle and Touko unlock their per-wave heals would that be enough? Could sub out Nimpha for Sulstan once he arrives.

Bombless

Just an idea, but would a party of Parchelle, Touko, Coro and Nimpha work? No healer but once Parchelle and Touko unlock their per-wave heals would that be enough? Could sub out Nimpha for Sulstan once he arrives.

I have Toka and Parchelle is 3 levels away from her heal passive. I'll let you know how it turns out (but I get the feeling on bosses it'll need a lot of micro management).

How many events use the special weapon gimmick? I've got Deed and Fan Fan as reliable spear users, but it's kinda annoying to have to hang on to my A-rank weapons in case there's an event. My Deed already has a partizan.

Zhengi

Spear user, eh? I don't think I have any good spear users, but I'll check and level them up in preparation for the next raid.

I have really spent too much time on CC this week. My poor grad work has suffered as a result, lol.

Uthred

Damn that bugs annoying, blew 10 prysma just to get the level 80 one done with and just watched 30 seconds tick down after shed been killed and it still shows shes on one, bullshit

BJK

Damn that bugs annoying, blew 10 prysma just to get the level 80 one done with and just watched 30 seconds tick down after shed been killed and it still shows shes on one, bullshit

I had #100 bug on me; fortunately I had enough time...and the help of Fishious & anderyoung, who literally carried me to that extra premium ticket.

I'll be on for the next hour or two, but I'd rather use the remainder of my spirit to help people trying to hit their tiers.

Doing it in batches of 10 or just rolling them one at the time with demon coins have no real difference right? Not a single Coro. Couple of Liberation blades though..

Also maxed my Lindsey, yay for regen making her slightly less of a glass cannon.

Rixa

Next raid for being spear raid means difficult times most of us atleast on some ways. I have Rebecca as spear wielder, I just need to remember that I wont add Partizan (A spear from 9 Territories quest: Flaming Shrine - Preliminary Contest) before that raid is over.
But as being only 1 spear user it gets difficult.

Also in JPCC there was 2 months between Coropatillion & next raid, so hopefully we get new raid in march rather than in april.

Iam hoping that we get some decent apologies from Gumi, so many us were screwed in this raid. But that hope might end up being empty, not counting Gumi to apology us.

Anyways in few minutes raid will be closed. Gumi had earlier today info that they open next Chapter but they took that info (surprise surprise) away :D. Lets see what this week will bring, more disappointments perhaps?

desverger

Anyways in few minutes raid will be closed. Gumi had earlier today info that they open next Chapter but they took that info (surprise surprise) away :D. Lets see what this week will bring, more disappointments perhaps?

I just (re)logged, the info about the Chapter 9 is there at least.

Also there's a weekly event: "Defense Drill". Seems kinda like the Knights' Attack quest, 3 new quests in Dawning so far.

Kaizu

I think they messed it up. The raid is still ongoing and it's for the next demon, Aelle Gloon. I am able to get new sets of demon raid reward and demon coins.

Edit: They fixed it. Managed to get to level 5

Vylash

dua72vjh.jpg

Guess we know what the next demon raid is

Azusa

NEW CONTENT!

- Main Story Chapter 9
- Chain Story Chapter 7: Silver Wolf Guide Barienna (Sea Breeze Ark)
- Chain Story Chapter 8: Thousand Rivers Warrior Jedah (Sprite Warriors)
- UR Flame Swordsman Sonya
- Event: Defense Drill: February 23 - March 01. New quests at Dawning.

- HD Graphics (iPad only)
- In-game Forum and Chat RockU (Andoid only)
- Push notification bug fix.

Captains, please be informed that Chain Chronicle has been updated to the following versions for:

iOS (version 1.1.3)

Android (version 1.1.3)
http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/113376-chain-chronicle-version-update-advisory

desverger

Cleared intermediate stage in one go, reward was 3x Fortune Ring. Chests had gold and AC.

I guess this event could be decent for farming AC.. If you would want to do that.

Wow new content the minute after demon raid, didnt see that coming. Perfect timing since i just finished the story and chain stories as well.

Vylash

150223_defensedrill_902x331.png

Current Event: Guild Captain Silva’s Defense Drill

0003_Silva.jpg

Hey Captain! It’s me Silva. How are you guys doing?

0000_Pirika1.jpg

We’re all getting stronger and doing great, but the Black Army just keeps getting harder to defeat.

0003_Silva.jpg

Oh! How about helping me out then? We’re getting the guild members to take part in a Defense Drill.

We’ll practice on how to better defend the Holy Kingdom and defeat some nasty monsters at the same time.

It’ll be great to earn more experience in battles!

Event Date
February 23, 2015 to March 01, 2015

About Defense Drill Quest
Obtain Arcana Coins and Fortune Rings while earning additional EXP during the Defense Drill!

During the event duration, limited quests will be added to Dawning.
There are three (3) difficulty levels for the quest – (Rookie, Intermediate and Advanced).
EXP gained from these quests will be higher than other regular quests.

Note:
Gain EXP from battles to grow your characters and player rank.
Ranking Up will increase your maximum AP, arcana limit, maximum team cost and friend limit.
Increase your player EXP to Rank Up and refill your AP to continue training further!

I managed to reach level 97, couldn't go any further so no premium ticket for me :(

I want to thank Yari CF for having accepted my friendship, his Lindsey max leveled equipped with Liberation Sword really helped alot clearing the demons.

I have been very lucky with one of my last pull with Demon Coins, pulled Coro so now I have her LB3.

Stider

So, with the next raid being spear based, is everyone/anyone going to buy Deed while still available? Currently, my knight team is Parchelle, Dannady and Fan-Fan with Arietta as heals. Given the defence of knights, would it be safe to take out Arietta and put in Deed?

Rixa

So, with the next raid being spear based, is everyone/anyone going to buy Deed while still available? Currently, my knight team is Parchelle, Dannady and Fan-Fan with Arietta as heals. Given the defence of knights, would it be safe to take out Arietta and put in Deed?

Iam ponderin is it "Nope" or should I grab it. Problem being: Saving my rings for Tigre & Sulstan. Iam not planning knight team and Deed is not so good unit otherwise. Planning to lb Sulstan as many times as I can afford (I might sell 2 Coros for rings).

My "spear" raid team is going to be multicolored. 4* Rebecca (mage), 3* Audette (knight), 4* Orianna (healer), some 3* arcana with spear.

Sadly I only have 1 Audette and I dont know what I sahll but as 4th arcana. Also I might switch Orianna for some spear wielder.

Ah my Audette is 1LB and instead Orianna Iam adding Elena who is 2* spear wielder. Later on levels I might use Melvina since she has 1* mana heal.

Yaari

I managed to reach level 97, couldn't go any further so no premium ticket for me :(

I want to thank Yari CF for having accepted my friendship, his Lindsey max leveled equipped with Liberation Sword really helped alot clearing the demons.

I have been very lucky with one of my last pull with Demon Coins, pulled Coro so now I have her LB3.

Glad she helped. Yeah, I was doing 500 pulls and I was getting around 1 per 250. Then at the end of the day I did a random 3 pull in the final hours of the event, and she just showed up. So that's LB4.

I don't think I have been lucky considering the time and 50$ I put into it, but glad with the results. I think anyone with LB3 can keep their hopes up for a compensation Coro because there will be enough complaints for Gumi not to easily get away from this one, lol.

Melvina is just great. Poison was so annoying in the past, slowly creeping my teams health down. Easy to get rid off now.
All in all my team is pretty nasty now. But I don't even know th amount of ranks I will need to get everyone in there. It will take a long time. I guess Phoena has the lowest priority since she does not work yet, or am I wrong there? I'm not sure.

Top Bottom