• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Melvina is just great. Poison was so annoying in the past, slowly creeping my teams health down. Easy to get rid off now.
All in all my team is pretty nasty now. But I don't even know th amount of ranks I will need to get everyone in there. It will take a long time. I guess Phoena has the lowest priority since she does not work yet, or am I wrong there? I'm not sure.

Congratulations for Coro LB4. I did bite the bullet and used 140 rings for 2 copies of Deed. Now I have 16 rings left :).

I too have so many arcanas to level that Phoena is not the first one to be leveled til 60 and made more levelers due to getting Deed ;). Bright side is that I managed to clear all those 3 new events, they went in few tries, so much better rng than last knights event.

We did get 20 Prysma to inbox, thanks to 100k likers in facebook CC pages.

Kuntz

So, been playing some of this slowly and I hate reading guides(if I do I always end up not playing anymore, feel spoiled).
I'm rank 22, got a 3* and didn't reroll because it sucks.
Yesterday I got the 500 10+1 roll, got a 5* (Karen, mage) and a 4* (Orianna, healer). I'm leveling them.
Could kill up to 24 demons.

I've hit a wall on story quests. For the moment my best chars are 3* Rhynel and 3* Bilgitto.

My question is: is only the leader skill active or do I stack all character's skills on my team?
Could be interesting to change a few of those from time to time.

Also : arcana limit 45 is full, shall I really spend prysma on this?
I don't know my character's worth so i don't sell them until the quest is done.

Azusa

Added RockU Talk application (only for Android users)

In-game chat? Great. But that app is not available in my country >.<

Global CC version is not so global it seems.

SUM3JL2.png

Merun

Glad she helped. Yeah, I was doing 500 pulls and I was getting around 1 per 250. Then at the end of the day I did a random 3 pull in the final hours of the event, and she just showed up. So that's LB4.

I don't think I have been lucky considering the time and 50$ I put into it, but glad with the results. I think anyone with LB3 can keep their hopes up for a compensation Coro because there will be enough complaints for Gumi not to easily get away from this one, lol.

Melvina is just great. Poison was so annoying in the past, slowly creeping my teams health down. Easy to get rid off now.
All in all my team is pretty nasty now. But I don't even know th amount of ranks I will need to get everyone in there. It will take a long time. I guess Phoena has the lowest priority since she does not work yet, or am I wrong there? I'm not sure.

You may have a better team than me now :p. If Gimu keep the current release speed, Phoena's quest will be available next month. Still it's a level 80 quest.

Yaari

You may have a better team than me now :p. If Gimu keep the current release speed, Phoena's quest will be available next month. Still it's a level 80 quest.

Ah that's faster than I expected.

And nah, my team is not too great. I have the Arcana, but I really lack the levels to put them all in there. I need like 40 more team cost to get everyone in, so that's a few months of leveling. I don't even know where to go for the most efficient ranking up, but for now I'll focus on completing the story.

I also might not put my Grief Sword on Lindsey. I did not realize there will be more event based swords. And they helped so much, I can do without the extra ATK on the Grief Sword for now.

Until weapon switching comes around, which might be a while, I think I'll save her for those kind of weapons.

Rixa

I also might not put my Grief Sword on Lindsey. I did not realize there will be more event based swords. And they helped so much, I can do without the extra ATK on the Grief Sword for now.

Until weapon switching comes around, which might be a while, I think I'll save her for those kind of weapons.

Yes. You definetly should save for those weapons. I did loan your Lindsey many times and I think everyone of your friend list did :D. Imagine all the missed AC's if you put some very special (Grief) sword to her. So free AC is still free ac :).

With Lindseys 1 mana spam skill, such a damage dealer she is.

So, been playing some of this slowly and I hate reading guides(if I do I always end up not playing anymore, feel spoiled).
I'm rank 22, got a 3* and didn't reroll because it sucks.
Yesterday I got the 500 10+1 roll, got a 5* (Karen, mage) and a 4* (Orianna, healer). I'm leveling them.
Could kill up to 24 demons.

I've hit a wall on story quests. For the moment my best chars are 3* Rhynel and 3* Bilgitto.

My question is: is only the leader skill active or do I stack all character's skills on my team?
Could be interesting to change a few of those from time to time.

Also : arcana limit 45 is full, shall I really spend prysma on this?
I don't know my character's worth so i don't sell them until the quest is done.

what kind of team are you going for? oh, and don't worry about your arcana limit, new stuff will just get sent to your gift inbox which can 200 items/arcanas

looks like defense drill is
6 ap for 450 xp
7 ap for 730 xp
9 ap for 680 xp

looks like all of them are 75 xp per ap. with different rewards for each.

garath

Iam ponderin is it "Nope" or should I grab it. Problem being: Saving my rings for Tigre & Sulstan. Iam not planning knight team and Deed is not so good unit otherwise. Planning to lb Sulstan as many times as I can afford (I might sell 2 Coros for rings).

My "spear" raid team is going to be multicolored. 4* Rebecca (mage), 3* Audette (knight), 4* Orianna (healer), some 3* arcana with spear.

Sadly I only have 1 Audette and I dont know what I sahll but as 4th arcana. Also I might switch Orianna for some spear wielder.

Ah my Audette is 1LB and instead Orianna Iam adding Elena who is 2* spear wielder. Later on levels I might use Melvina since she has 1* mana heal.

Hmm.. I probably should have kept Audette. I don't have a single spear user and I've gotten her card a bunch of times. Whoops.

Rixa

Do you really get AC for people using your character though? I never noticed haha.

Well its gumi. Atleast when I did have low amounts of AC, and went to ac gacha I could do more pulls (1 usually) what the mana was shown in the info screen. I did not have done battles so, thats why I think you get more when players loan your unit (it should be +25 friends +10 others, but qagain its Gumi).

But I can test this later today with my alt account loaning my main :).

desverger

Do you really get AC for people using your character though? I never noticed haha.

You do, but the AC display is kind of laggy and you might not notice it if you have a lot of AC. I think they get tallied up every now and then.

At least I've noticed disparities between my AC recruit count and the actual recruit amount: menu bar in game shows I can recruit 5, but when I go to the AC gacha, it shows I can recruit 10. I assume the disparity is caused by that the AC from your friends is not accurately tallied up yet.

If you're sitting at over 2000+ AC, you may not even notice anything :p

edit: Kinda what Rixa said.

I'm kind of debating if I should get Deed. I don't have a single spear user and I sold 3 Audettes for rings during the last raid, lol. Not that I really want the demon from the next raid, but I would like to at least complete it some success.

She's still there for a week at least. The investment is probably larger than the gain, though.

garath

Yes you do. I have almost 100k now. Before the demon event started I had around 50k. For some reason people really like my wimpy level 60 grief sword Lindsey. Man I can't wait to LB her :/

Gizuko

I'm seriously considering getting Deed (spear, LB0) since I have a mage team and the next demon seems to be a mage. I'm currently at 68 rings, and I don't think I would be able to get 140 even if I sold my 2 Coros.

Having 5* Karen already and liking how the team performs (even though it's Bilgitto, Minimo/Nelva, Karen+cleric) I think the mage demon might is a must have, even if just for now. Still, I have 0 spear characters (I can get Audette via quest, though).

I'm nowhere near being able to include 2x 5* in a team, however, so I'm in no hurry to get a second 5*(gotta get Orianna/melvina in, first). Also, I don't think I will be able to LB4 her.

Should I get two (potentially) crippled characters (LB0 Deed and LB1-2 Mage), or should I keep saving FR? Isn't there going to be a sword as well this time (read Julianna had one if pulled during the next event)? Do we have any clues if the event will start after the current one?

desverger

I updated and now I'm stuck on the splash screen too, lol. Wonder if it is getting fixed anytime soon. Doubt it.

It took like 3 hours after I updated for the game to sober up on iOS at least.

Either that, or randomly restarting it fixed it somehow?

After I got past the splash, the game seemed to boot fine on subsequent attempts. I filed a ticket but they'll probably get back to me in a week :p

Quixzlizx

I'm going to try to get my Wayne up to level 45 before the next raid so he'll have his +Knights passive active. Maybe he'll be useful to the people on my friends list and I won't just be sponging off of them.

marrec

Banned
So with the next event being spear based I think I should probably turn in for a couple of Deeds. I just know that I'll never use her outside this one event though :-/

I have Juliana as a spear wielder and a few Audettes and a leveled up Slay (he uses a sword though x.x) so a decent knight team wouldn't be completely out of the picture if I did get Deed. Then again I have no use for a 5* mage right now and those rings would be much better served by buying Lindseys or Sulstans. Crap.

Nvm, Juliana can't even use a spear. Screw it!

i have a premium ticket i havent used yet. where should i hold onto it.

My main team is

Katya
Coro
Bernadette
Melvina
Dusty
Hero

Other notables
Aida (mo Money)
Medina (mo Money)
Iris (mo Money)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
i have a premium ticket i havent used yet. where should i hold onto it.

My main team is

Katya
Coro
Bernadette
Melvina
Dusty
Hero

Other notables
Aida (mo Money)
Medina (mo Money)
Iris (mo Money)

It honestly doesn't matter. There's a 99% chance you get junk no matter where you pull. Really you are better off on holding it until v2.

Zhengi

I manage to beat lvl 100 raid last night before I went to sleep. Used my demon coins and got a couple of 3* characters. At least I ended on a decent note.

Now I'm concentrating on leveling up my spear users through the new drill. I don't have a 5* or 4* spear user, but I do have 3 3* spear users. I'll concentrate on them and rely on the kindness of my friends to get me through the next raid.

garath

I manage to beat lvl 100 raid last night before I went to sleep. Used my demon coins and got a couple of 3* characters. At least I ended on a decent note.

Now I'm concentrating on leveling up my spear users through the new drill. I don't have a 5* or 4* spear user, but I do have 3 3* spear users. I'll concentrate on them and rely on the kindness of my friends to get me through the next raid.

You're better off than me. I don't have a single spear user. And without the demon coins, I can't even imagine pulling an Audette or anything. Sigh.

Quixzlizx

Man, screw the intermediate defense drill. It's bad news if you're at work and can't pay 100% attention to auto-battle, because the stupid muppet enemies in that one are of the slow variety, so if you don't pay attention and a goblin gets too far behind your lines, there goes your AP.

Yaari

Lol so the game is truly broken on 6 Plus. But I can't be mad. If it only differed 12 hours I would have been unable to use my DC coins and that would have been 100 times worse.

That said, even Gumi "working doubletime to fix this" gives me little confidence. Who lets a patch go live that doesn't make it past the first screen. The hell is that?

garath

So I have 252 rings.. could have 20 more if I dump the random 4* mage and healer I have in the inventory too. Need 350 to outright LB4 Sulstan right? Long way yet :/

Not to mention Lindsey should be coming back soon(?). I would almost prefer to LB her as she's already level 60 with a maxed Grief sword.

So I downloaded the HD update for iOS and kind of wish I didn't. It seems everything is just blown up on my iPad and doesn't really render an HD look. Also, thanks to all who friended me last week! Especially the Lindsey users, Aki, Chrono, Azu, as well as Zhegaf and all the other gaf users. I managed to get to level 101 but unfortunately only got the two Coro's. RNG was not kind to me though I did get Melvina. With no spear users to mention, the next raid is going to be pretty tough. Wondering if I should get Deed in advance of the raid...

So I guess since spear users will be all the rage next demon raid, I decided to get Deed to round out my knight team. Now I just have two 5 star knights to level. >_>

Merun

Just to give an order for potential demon raid weapon. Of course take my prediction with a grain of salt, I don't have a crystal ball nor infiltrated Gimu ( else I would have 30 Coros )

Spear, wand, mace, bow, wand, sword.

Also, potential event which are nearing us.
White day may add Yoshitsugu, solid warrior if you live dangerously.
Salvation of Saint Lilith was released in December 2013 in JPCC, 5 months after release which we are nearing. I could see them using Easter to put her. You want her. Flat chested healer = OP.
One week after Lilith was a Chain Story Festival Comes withhhhh, The Legendary Diva, MUSIKA! You want her more than anyone else. Totaly OP. You want to do 6 digits damage against demon? She is the one to get. You want the demon to do a petty 1 damage to you? She is the one to get. ( disclaimer: Not bundled with Roxanna or other buffers )

garath

Just to give an order for potential demon raid weapon. Of course take my prediction with a grain of salt, I don't have a crystal ball nor infiltrated Gimu ( else I would have 30 Coros )

Salvation of Saint Lilith was released in December 2013 in JPCC, 5 months after release which we are nearing. I could see them using Easter to put her. You want her. Flat chested healer = OP.
One week after Lilith was a Chain Story Festival Comes withhhhh, The Legendary Diva, MUSIKA! You want her more than anyone else. Totaly OP. You want to do 6 digits damage against demon? She is the one to get. You want the demon to do a petty 1 damage to you? She is the one to get. ( disclaimer: Not bundled with Roxanna or other buffers )

Wow. Musika and Lilith are awesome. It's impossible to get these people though :/ rates too bad. Bring on v2!

Yaari

Oh wow, then we're months away from my Lindsey carrying another raid based sword. That does changes the plans a bit. I'm not waiting 5 months for the next opportunity haha.

The healer looks pretty great. Not sure if I'll drop money again though. Surely she will be featured again? I'm probably done giving them anything at all haha, until v2 anyway.

Zhengi

Hmm... (&#65307;¬&#65343;¬)

Merun

Hmm... (&#65307;¬&#65343;¬)

Sorry, running joke about Lilith being petanko, lol. And also rule of CC for healers.

Lilith is added to Holy Capital and Musika to Lake of Sand. Nothing to worry about. Julianna may be back for next demon

desverger

If I can take something away from this, I should at least have one decent character for every weapon aside from my main team. Quite tricky as a F2P player at least!

Then again, maybe I shouldn't have thrown away all of those 3* units for rings that I got during the last raid. Most notably 3 Audettes.. I'll probably pay some more attention during the next raid.

I can't wait for v2 and weapon switching though :p

Hmm.. I probably should have kept Audette. I don't have a single spear user and I've gotten her card a bunch of times. Whoops.

I pulled Kai, spear user Knight, 3 times with Demon Coins during the last event, I have kept him so maybe I will use him as main during the next Demon Raid.

desverger

Started working on my 3* spear users: pulled Kai with 50 Prysma from the Holy Capital and did Audette's quest.

I put both in my sub party and hope they get some exp before the next raid. Not too hopeful about this idea, lol.

lankelink

Neo Member
I have Ibuki and I want to unlock her second ability (benediction: boost exp). I need to arrive to Ninth Territory, does anyone know how far in the story I need to go? I'm currently at 6-5.

Also, if I make her the leader, will other people benefit from her exp boost (and also the Volunteer sword she is using)?

Azusa

I have Ibuki and I want to unlock her second ability (benediction: boost exp). I need to arrive to Ninth Territory, does anyone know how far in the story I need to go? I'm currently at 6-5.

Also, if I make her the leader, will other people benefit from her exp boost (and also the Volunteer sword she is using)?

Chapter 7 or 8.

Top Bottom