• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Quixzlizx

Everyone talks about wanting/needing Spears for the next raid. Is there a good reason for this? Are Spears OP? Thanks.

In this last raid, Liberation (a sword) was the weapon that did massively more damage to Coro and her adds. The thinking is that the demon-killer weapon in the next raid is going to be a spear weapon, so we'll need spear-users to equip it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
In this last raid, Liberation (a sword) was the weapon that did massively more damage to Coro and her adds. The thinking is that the demon-killer weapon in the next raid is going to be a spear weapon, so we'll need spear-users to equip it.

That's too bad. I don't have a single useful spear user.

lankelink

Neo Member
Just to be sure... If a character quest requires him to reach a specific level, can I just level him up, unlock the quest, and then sell the character before finishing the quest?

Or do I need to have him in my party until the quest is over?

Just to be sure... If a character quest requires him to reach a specific level, can I just level him up, unlock the quest, and then sell the character before finishing the quest?

Or do I need to have him in my party until the quest is over?

Quests are forever unlocked once you reach the requirement.

elty

Sounds kind of stupid to level up a completely new card just for a demon raid that has a RNG against me .... lv101 with no Coro from pull.

When friends choose reinforcements, do they see my main party leader or do they see the party leader of the last party I used? Like, if I wanted to leave a powerful unit with useful abilities as my main party leader for friends and then go level up a secondary party with weaker characters, would they see the party leader of my weaker party or the one that I set as my main party?

garath

When friends choose reinforcements, do they see my main party leader or do they see the party leader of the last party I used? Like, if I wanted to leave a powerful unit with useful abilities as my main party leader for friends and then go level up a secondary party with weaker characters, would they see the party leader of my weaker party or the one that I set as my main party?

I suspect it's the "main party"

Ah okay. Was thinking of putting exp boosting characters as my main party leader. Nicky or Ibuki. Ibuki is still only level 15, but I figure her benediction might be more useful if people are grinding out the defense drill quests.

Enhancing characters is really the only good way to level up characters right?

Been using my one-star characters to make the other rares stronger.

Exp given by fusing character arcana:
Lv1 - 900
Lv2 - 1900
Lv3 - 2900
Every additional character lvl provides 1000 more exp.

Exp given by fusing enhancer arcana:
Lv1 - 2960
Lv2 - 10780
Lv3 - 27280
Lv4 - 63680
Lv5 - 91430
Lv6 - 177400

Zhengi

Enhancing characters is really the only good way to level up characters right?

Been using my one-star characters to make the other rares stronger.

I have been using a combination of enhancing characters and running the high exp defense drill t o get my spear users levels up. Since I have about 70k in arcana coins, I've done some pulls and fed my 3* characters with those cards. Currently at levels 23, 18, and 16. I'm so glad I concentrated on using all my AP to get gold this weekend. I have about 700k left and will continue to feed my spear users.

garath

Sounds kind of stupid to level up a completely new card just for a demon raid that has a RNG against me .... lv101 with no Coro from pull.

Given how much Liberation helped with this raid, I have to get some spear users in my party. You wouldn't have touched 101 without liberation.

desverger

I have been using a combination of enhancing characters and running the high exp defense drill t o get my spear users levels up. Since I have about 70k in arcana coins, I've done some pulls and fed my 3* characters with those cards. Currently at levels 23, 18, and 16. I'm so glad I concentrated on using all my AP to get gold this weekend. I have about 700k left and will continue to feed my spear users.

Yeah I'm gonna pour all of my AP into the intermediate level for the rest of the week and continue to level my spear users as well.

I'm kind of debating if I should get Deed or not - again lol. Getting her would mean I'm committing myself to not really ever getting a fully LB'd fortune ring character, but I'm committing to getting a more diverse group lineup.

Then again, the demon raids are pretty fun, and getting a more diverse group would mean having more fun with those as well, even if I'm gimping myself.

When do you guys think the next raid will hit? Next week? In a month? Would I have time to level up a new character to a high enough level before it hits?

I laugh every time someone shouts "MONSTERS!" out of nowhere.

Yeah it's amazing anyone gets to finish a sentence in the world of CC, there's always MONSTERS! :p

Quixzlizx

I wouldn't have nearly as much prysma without those rascally monsters interrupting every stupid errand I have to do during character quests.

Bombless

Yeah, I just laugh my ass off every time the good old "MONSTERS!" line is used. Wherever we are, whatever we're doing, there's always monsters, even if we're in the middle of fucking nowhere or in the most defended fortress of the Holy Kingdom.

"MONSTEEEERS!"

chrono01

I'm thinking of grabbing Deed. I already have Fan-Fan and Dannady. I could throw Rowendia in there too, but she's not a spear-wielder so I'll probably put a healer as my last member for a little stability [at least for the later stages].

I need to level them up, though. I haven't touched them at all since I got them. :/

If any gaffers have space on their friend list go ahead and add me if you like: 133183866

So I was looking for a new mobile game to pass the time and I've been seeing this thread pop up a lot over the past few weeks. I'm also on a bit of a SEGA kick after playing and enjoying Valkyria Chronicles recently so I gave it a go.

I started playing on the night the latest demon raid ended and christ i got hooked! I've never played a FTP game before and wasn't expecting it to be so addictive. I used my starting team with reinforcements as a crutch and managed to get 30 or so pulls with demon coins. Now that the raid is over and I tore through all my stamina fruits and early rank ups, it's quite the adjustment going to the regular game pace.

5Svjymu.png

Anyway here's my team at the moment. It was great to finally have randoms accept friend requests after pulling Celeya. I realise after the fact that I've messed up using 4 different classes. I'm undecided on who to take out and what to focus on.

eQshcj9.pnghttp:

Here's a few others I've pulled, not sure if they're decent besides Dusty. My plan was to replace Madena with Deed if I could make the 70 FR's before she expires. However I only have 10 and around 25 more if I sell arcana so I'm not sure if it's doable.

If anyone has any tips for party's I'd love to hear them. Also again, add me!

I'm thinking of grabbing Deed. I already have Fan-Fan and Dannady. I could throw Rowendia in there too, but she's not a spear-wielder so I'll probably put a healer as my last member for a little stability [at least for the later stages].

I need to level them up, though. I haven't touched them at all since I got them. :/

Me too but is Deed worth buying if your not going to limit break her? I'm thinking of holding out for Sulstan or a return of Lindsey since I use mostly soldiers. I have 200 rings at the moment and would like to LB max one or the other. If I knew I'd have enough time I would just get Deed now and then save.

Yaari

Welcome ArcticDonkey! The best tip I can give you I guess, is to try and focus on as few different classes as possible. The more classes you have, the less likely you are to get the mana you need to perform skills.

I don't like that system, it would be cool to roll with teams that had 1 class of each, but with the way the game works, that's unfortunately the most efficient way.

Just started, on chapter 4 or so, advancing through the story, hording prisma, hit rank 9. Is there any way to increase the amount of arcana you can hold?

Yaari

I would not do that though. Prysma is rare and if you play smart, 40 slots is more than enough. The majority of those cards are trash.

I would not do that though. Prysma is rare and if you play smart, 40 slots is more than enough. The majority of those cards are trash.

But collecting is half the fun D: I dumped a bit on bumping my stock up to 100. I'm gonna stick to the arcana coin pulls for a while till I hit a wall and just level up the 1-2* guys I keep getting till I know what I'm doing.

Mzo

It took a few tries after seeing it on SeHa Girls but I finally got hooked on this.

I kind of want to complete every story I can =X I've been spending a lot on getting people to the levels required to trigger some of these.

marrec

Banned
Ranked up enough to get Bernadette in my main party but she's severely underleveled compared to the other two. Good thing it was Fighter Monday.

Now I've got lvl 48 Yoshino, lvl 40 Kiki, and lvl 22 Bernadette with a lvl 26 Johan throwing down rather terrible heals. (Thanks Johan you slacker.)

Now I just gotta get up enough to put Loleatta in there too with Juliana in my sub and I'll be unstoppable!! Except for when I let a weak ass mob through like I just did in Advanced Defense Drill. :-/

Also, I'm fucked for the next demon raid.

elty

Given how much Liberation helped with this raid, I have to get some spear users in my party. You wouldn't have touched 101 without liberation.

Making to lv100 means little other than a premium ticket if the extra demon coin did not result a demon.

garath

Making to lv100 means little other than a premium ticket if the extra demon coin did not result a demon.

There's still lots of fortune rings, prysma, the premium tickets, etc. Even getting the two coros were much easier this raid with liberation than it was in the previous raid.

Quixzlizx

I want to grab Deed even though I already have Wayne and Dannady as spear users, so it makes no sense. My rings are burning a hole in my pocket.

I really want Parchelle :x

Bombless

For the record, the Parchelle + Toka passive healing works like a charm. Full health every wave and no damage loss due to healer. Of course that also means bosses are a bit more tactical bit it's ok!

I am now considering replacing Dannady with Coro to get a bit more oomph in direct damage. Parchelle tanks bosses, Wayne clears the screen, Toka & Coro mop up the rest.

Stider

For the record, the Parchelle + Toka passive healing works like a charm. Full health every wave and no damage loss due to healer. Of course that also means bosses are a bit more tactical bit it's ok!

I am now considering replacing Dannady with Coro to get a bit more oomph in direct damage. Parchelle tanks bosses, Wayne clears the screen, Toka & Coro mop up the rest.

Cool, might sub out Arietta for Toka then once I have their abilities unlocked.

desverger

I went and grabbed Deed. Only one copy, I'm not planning on LBing her. She's not gonna be the star of my party so to speak, but hopefully I'll get her enough levels before the next raid that she'll be useful for me and others when I switch to her as my lead.

This means I'm most likely grabbing Tigre as well, just to have a 5* bow user for the eventual bow raid.

The raids themselves were pretty great in leveling units anyway, so I most likely can catch up a little during the raid itself.

Rixa

If anyone has any tips for party's I'd love to hear them. Also again, add me!

LOCK your characters! In party & subs menu click upper corner of portrait to lock them.
This way you wont accidentally sell or merge them another characters.

I went and grabbed Deed. Only one copy, I'm not planning on LBing her. She's not gonna be the star of my party so to speak, but hopefully I'll get her enough levels before the next raid that she'll be useful for me and others when I switch to her as my lead.

This means I'm most likely grabbing Tigre as well, just to have a 5* bow user for the eventual bow raid.

The raids themselves were pretty great in leveling units anyway, so I most likely can catch up a little during the raid itself.

Dingdong. We have a winner \o/. Except I bought 2 Deeds, Iam going to grab Tigre too and somehow try to manage as many as possible copies of Sulstan.

This means that Iam focusing on Dailys everyday, getting those 2 rings + selling 3* Rare enhancer for one ring. My story is not finished, went through 9 Territories and newest chapter is going.

I need to raise Deed & Audette, when the next raid starts I have Deed (LB1), Rebecca, Audette and possible 4th character that is Elena (2* spear wielder knight) and later on I change to healer.

So remember there is 2* Elena who uses spear.

Gizuko

I was going to get Deed and Audette, but I just tossed 50 prysma in the sage's tower and got Febrya.
Maybe not the best of mages, since she gets her abilities later on, but a mage spear user nonetheless, so I will probably save those rings for later use.

Sage's tower has been treating me well, Orianna and Febrya and I have only dumped 100 prysma there. I even got slay from a AC pull just yesterday, I am already expecting something bad to happen to make it even.

garath

Lol. I have 110k arcana so I figured I'd do a 10 pull for some enhancers or something. Ended up pulling Audette. Wonder if I should LB my current Audette then.... hmm.. 3 rings are hard to pass up though.

desverger

Lol. I have 110k arcana so I figured I'd do a 10 pull for some enhancers or something. Ended up pulling Audette. Wonder if I should LB my current Audette then.... hmm.. 3 rings are hard to pass up though.

I'm not gonna LB any of my "temp spears", which are Kai and Audette. :p

Rings are too good to pass up, and if the spear is going to be as good as the sword, I'm gonna be good with a one 5* spear user (Deed) and a few temps which do what they can before they are dumped into mana.

garath

I'm not gonna LB any of my "temp spears", which are Kai and Audette. :p

Rings are too good to pass up, and if the spear is going to be as good as the sword, I'm gonna be good with a one 5* spear user (Deed) and a few temps which do what they can before they are dumped into mana.

Yeah, for sure.. I just can't bring myself to buy Deed. Not with Lindsey and Sulstan needing so many rings.

sulstan alone needs 350 rings. My Lindsey is LB0 so she needs 280 rings. That's a grand total of 630 rings.

I currently have 222. I have 60 rings worth of characters I'll probably sell when it comes down to it (1 Katarith, 2 Alvert, 1 Millagen, 1 Popra). That leaves me with needing 348 rings more.

Assuming Sulstan is in May and Lindsey is thereabouts as well, let's say 3 months of saving rings I'll need an average of 4 a day without spending a single ring. :/

That's a hard thing to accomplish. The only way I can say I'll hit that for sure would be if v2 drops. My 100k arcana will turn into a guaranteed 150 rings. That would go a long way. I do the 20ap daily pretty regularly but some days I may get 4 rings out of it, some days 0 (even with a Nimpha friend every time sigh)

I'm going to prioritize Sulstan even though my Lindsey is awesome with her grief sword. Sulstan is new and fun and I expect him to hit first based on those charts for the JP version.

edit: Here's the dates for the JP version. http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Fortune Ring Exchange

marrec

Banned
Yeah, for sure.. I just can't bring myself to buy Deed. Not with Lindsey and Sulstan needing so many rings.

sulstan alone needs 350 rings. My Lindsey is LB0 so she needs 280 rings. That's a grand total of 630 rings.

I currently have 222. I have 60 rings worth of characters I'll probably sell when it comes down to it (1 Katarith, 2 Alvert, 1 Millagen, 1 Popra). That leaves me with needing 348 rings more.

Assuming Sulstan is in May and Lindsey is thereabouts as well, let's say 3 months of saving rings I'll need an average of 4 a day without spending a single ring. :/

That's a hard thing to accomplish. The only way I can say I'll hit that for sure would be if v2 drops. My 100k arcana will turn into a guaranteed 150 rings. That would go a long way. I do the 20ap daily pretty regularly but some days I may get 4 rings out of it, some days 0 (even with a Nimpha friend every time sigh)

I'm going to prioritize Sulstan even though my Lindsey is awesome with her grief sword. Sulstan is new and fun and I expect him to hit first based on those charts for the Asian version.

I justified it this way:

I got a total of 100 rings from the demon event, so spending 70 on Deed is like an investment that will hopefully net me at least another 100.

Top Bottom