• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Vylash

new Deed is a reward for the current JP event, gonna take some time for me to get her though

pLiAXjJh.jpg

Yaari

I'm not buying Deed either. I don't even have a Knight team. So its easy for me. I'm perfectly fine with being less efficient in the Demon Raids to come. I don't need their Arcana anyway.

Wish there were healer Demons though. Seems like they made one for everything but healers.

desverger

I'm not buying Deed either. I don't even have a Knight team. So its easy for me. I'm perfectly fine with being less efficient in the Demon Raids to come. I don't need their Arcana anyway.

Wish there were healer Demons though. Seems like they made one for everything but healers.

Healer demons? That sounds a bit unorthodox :p

johnsmith

remember me
I think its guaranteed drop at Chapter 8.

Also at 9 Territories there is Free Quest which has Partizan (4* Spear) as reward.

Yep that's it. You're probably right about being a guaranteed drop. Do gold chests ever actually drop randomly?

Zhengi

I should probably sell some of my 3* characters to get more rings. I do want to clear their goals first before selling them. Probably due to my need to get everything filled out impulse.

Edit: Just ranked up and got 5 more friend slots. I think I saw a few gaffers on my list, so I will add you.

Friend ID: 161,611,544

johnsmith

remember me
Any recommendations for similar games? I need something else to play. I tried Tera Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, and Angry Birds Epic but got sick of all of them within a week or two. Chain Chronicle is the only game I've stuck with.

marrec

Banned
Any recommendations for similar games? I need something else to play. I tried Tera Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, and Angry Birds Epic but got sick of all of them within a week or two. Chain Chronicle is the only game I've stuck with.

Square just released a game thats basically the same concept but with a bit more strategic depth called Heavenstrike Rivals.

I played through past the intro and deleted it to re-roll. Seems fun. Also there's Monster Strike, my other big Gatch Game addiction.

garath

Brave frontier is another good one I've been playing. I may even enjoy it more than Chain Chronicle. The One piece thread is blowing up too. I haven't quite jumped in on that.

Rixa

Square just released a game thats basically the same concept but with a bit more strategic depth called Heavenstrike Rivals.

I played through past the intro and deleted it to re-roll. Seems fun. Also there's Monster Strike, my other big Gatch Game addiction.

Brave frontier is another good one I've been playing. I may even enjoy it more than Chain Chronicle. The One piece thread is blowing up too. I haven't quite jumped in on that.

Yeah. I too started in One Piece Treasure Cruise. If you start there remember to reroll to get good characters (I got on my first pull 2 good chars, so didnt need to reroll).

Try Monster Strike. There's online Co-Op with LINE and it's pretty fun. Also rage inducing but that's another story.

ArcSys also just released EatBeat DeadSpike-san, a rhythm game, haven't tried that yet.

garath

Hmm.. I never heard of Heavenstrike Rivals. Going to check that out now. Any GAF community for it?

I just haven't brought myself to investing time in One piece yet. Maybe soon.

It's actually getting a little difficult to maintain all these timesink games lol

marrec

Banned
Hmm.. I never heard of Heavenstrike Rivals. Going to check that out now. Any GAF community for it?

I just haven't brought myself to investing time in One piece yet. Maybe soon.

It's actually getting a little difficult to maintain all these timesink games lol

It literally just came out today. There's a thread on it but it has 4 replies :lol

It seems solidly made but it doesn't have months/years of JP content to draw from so we'll see how much support it gets.

It literally just came out today. There's a thread on it but it has 4 replies :lol

It seems solidly made but it doesn't have months/years of JP content to draw from so we'll see how much support it gets.

Isn't it like a near worldwide release?

Being released by Square, I imagine they'll place some investment into it so it'll last dunno, at least a year?

Downloading now. Really don't need another addiction though. Here's hoping the gacha rates are better than CC as rerolling is a chore.

This is a long, slow download.

garath

Downloading now. Really don't need another addiction though. Here's hoping the gacha rates are better than CC as rerolling is a chore.

This is a long, slow download.

I really really like the new game. It actually feels like a square enix game. It's much more tactical than Chain chronicle by a long shot. Lots of diverse units and abilities.

The gatcha seems a little more forgiving. I did a 10 pull with the starting gems and got 2 4* and a 5*. Its recommended to do two 10 pulls before rerolling so I'm doing the first chapter to do my second pull. There's a small thread about it on GAF so far. I'm on mobile or I'd link.

Yaari

Yeah I'm cutting down on mobile games a bit. It's taking too much time, but Dragon Ace is no doubt the best one, and even making a SEA iTunes acount is worth the 5 minutes of trouble.

You won't ever have to spend anything and you can be competitive.

garath

Yeah I'm cutting down on mobile games a bit. It's taking too much time, but Dragon Ace is no doubt the best one, and even making a SEA iTunes acount is worth the 5 minutes of trouble.

You won't ever have to spend anything and you can be competitive.

Hmm. Is it really like poker? Lol

chrono01

I was on the Fortune Ring screen last night ready to purchase a Deed...but I decided not to.

The way I figure it, I'm not interested in building a Knight team and would rather save my rings [currently at 202] to fully LB Sulstan [and other upcoming units]. Deed would be nice for the next event, but honestly, that demon doesn't seem that great so I'm not sure it'll be worth the trouble to put work into units that I'll likely only use once.

I made it to Level 80 on the first demon event, and that was without Lindsey or the event weapon. I'm sure I'll be able to do the same for the next one, especially considering my units are a lot higher leveled than they were in the beginning. That will give me at least two of the demon event cards, so I can LB her once or sell the extra for rings.

If I was committed to a Knight team, Deed would be an instant purchase. If we had V2 and I was rolling in rings, she would also be an instant purchase. However, since we're not [and it's difficult when we'll ever get V2], I need to save whatever rings I can for units that I know for certain will get a lot of use for me.

I was on the Fortune Ring screen last night ready to purchase a Deed...but I decided not to.

The way I figure it, I'm not interested in building a Knight team and would rather save my rings [currently at 202] to fully LB Sulstan [and other upcoming units]. Deed would be nice for the next event, but honestly, that demon doesn't seem that great so I'm not sure it'll be worth the trouble to put work into units that I'll likely only use once.

I made it to Level 80 on the first demon event, and that was without Lindsey or the event weapon. I'm sure I'll be able to do the same for the next one, especially considering my units are a lot higher leveled than they were in the beginning. That will give me at least two of the demon event cards, so I can LB her once or sell the extra for rings.

If I was committed to a Knight team, Deed would be an instant purchase. If we had V2 and I was rolling in rings, she would also be an instant purchase. However, since we're not [and it's difficult when we'll ever get V2], I need to save whatever rings I can for units that I know for certain will get a lot of use for me.

I don't really know what's improved for version 2, but I take it that it's better to wait?

chrono01

I don't really know what's improved for version 2, but I take it that it's better to wait?
Yeah, in V2 you can do a 3* recruit for 2000 Arcana Coins. Granted they don't always give you characters cards, but you're guaranteed at least 1 Fortune Ring out of every recruitment. I'm sitting at something like...250k Arcana Coins now, and I hope to have at least 400k when they incorporate V2, possibly even more.

V2
- Increases 5* droprates from 1.5% to 7%.
- Guaranteed 3* from a 10 pull from arcana coins.
- More consistent events that give out rings (more than players know what to do with)
- Maybe also prysma? not sure on this one
- Weapons are equippable instead of binded
- You can chain abilities together of multiple cards, so its good to keep your 4* characters to link with other characters.
- The above lets you break 10k damage limit.

That being said, as good as v2 is... The more you farm and rank up your units now, the better you can reap the benefits of V2 when it arrives.

Yeah, in V2 you can do a 3* recruit for 2000 Arcana Coins. Granted they don't always give you characters cards, but you're guaranteed at least 1 Fortune Ring out of every recruitment. I'm sitting at something like...250k Arcana Coins now, and I hope to have at least 400k when they incorporate V2, possibly even more.

V2
- More consistent events that give out rings (more than players know what to do with)
- You can chain abilities together of multiple cards, so its good to keep your 4* characters to link with other characters.

That being said, as good as v2 is... The more you farm and rank up your units now, the better you can reap the benefits of V2 when it arrives.

Thank you for this information. I guess I may as well just farm now for more arcana and coins while slowly progressing through the quests.

Thank you for this information. I guess I may as well just farm now for more arcana and coins while slowly progressing through the quests.

Honestly as bad as the current droprates are in chain chronicles. It is the only F2P game i know of that lets you buy 5* units with fortune rings and demon raids. You can easily have a team of 5* in a couple months without paying a penny for this game.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
V2

Wow, that is one heck on an improvement.

Any ETA on arrival? I will just keep on stocking arcana coins and prysma while trying to make do with quests.

Wow, that is one heck on an improvement.

Any ETA on arrival? I will just keep on stocking arcana coins and prysma while trying to make do with quests.

japan got theirs about 1 year after launch, so im guessing we'll be just under the 1 year mark, since we're getting content just a tad slightly accelerated as seen with this months events.

Also to note of V2, I believe knights were given a buff too. So they'll be less like second class warriors.

Ya, I heard a lot of cards abilities got rebalanced or nerfed (yuni users beware) for v2. So dont trash those 4*'s

Aki-at

V2

T-This sounds amazing.

Now I'm even more conflicted about giving Lindsey my Grief Sword, my team doesn't even need her to have it, we just roll through almost everything in auto.

Can't wait, definitely going to make the game a whole lot more accessible with my rotten luck.

chrono01

this isn't true btw
It kind of is.

It's not a 10-pull but a single pull for 10x the amount of Arcana Coins [2,000 instead of 200]. Basically, you use more of your Arcana Coins for a single 3* card pull. It's not always a character card, but sometimes an XP/weapon enhancer, but it's a guaranteed 3*. It makes for easy obtaining of rings, which is why I'm saving all of the coins I can get for when that moment arrives.

Merun

T-This sounds amazing.

Now I'm even more conflicted about giving Lindsey my Grief Sword, my team doesn't even need her to have it, we just roll through almost everything in auto.

Can't wait, definitely going to make the game a whole lot more accessible with my rotten luck.

I just had some discussion yesterday and it seems like you will need that Grief Sword on Lindsey before v2 ;)

made it to the tavern in nine territories and use my prysma for a pull. while not expecting chiyome, i figured i'd be happy with a decent fighter. who do i end up with? witch doctor airi, literally the only non-fighter unit you can recruit

made it to the tavern in nine territories and use my prysma for a pull. while not expecting chiyome, i figured i'd be happy with a decent fighter. who do i end up with? witch doctor airi, literally the only non-fighter unit you can recruit

on the bright side airi is a very good mage, poison units are far and few between in this game. all wizard teams are probaby cursing your luck right now

Top Bottom