• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Merun

Is there any reason to keep and level up Melvina if I already have Vanessa?

Yes. Melvina is one of the few healer who can cure poison.

For mage, there is a number of key mage:

5*
-Cheery, 2 mana full screen AOE with knockback which does 10x damage. Cheap and powerful.
-Yuni: runefencer with freezing piercing damage. The line cleaner.
-Velnar: atk boost per wave and atk boost per kill+ 2 mana AOE with daze. The mage nuker.
-Karen: runefencer with a 1 mana single target knockback, good to push bosses.
-Frau/Flaw: Slow down mana slot + sub team buff

4*
-Elemia, 2 mana heal and cure blind. The mage healer and will save you when blind.
-Roxanna: 50% atk buff for 1 mana. Also has a buff when used as sub. The buffer before Musika for raids.

Note that there is a number of other mage which can still be used in a mage team and are by no mean, bad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Any recommendations for similar games? I need something else to play. I tried Tera Battle, Puzzle and Dragons, and Angry Birds Epic but got sick of all of them within a week or two. Chain Chronicle is the only game I've stuck with.

I've tried so many of these types of games. I played Brave Frontier the most and the longest, although I'm taking a bit of a break from that (after about a year). I recently started Heroes Charge, and I think it's the best of the new batch that has been released in the last 6 or so months. Lots of varied things to do, has guilds, has guild raids, a chat system, great character development system (so getting dupes isn't useless like in BF), equipable armor and weapons, fun PvP (not the throwaway PvP like in BF), etc.

Chain Chronicles is fun and I'll keep playing it, but there's really not a whole lot of different stuff to do. Not yet at least. I'll stick with it because it's fun and I like the mini-stories of everyone.

I'm coming up on my first 500 prysma soon. Is it really stupid to wait for v2 when all I have are 3*s, or should I pull to try and get my team better early?

Rixa

Yes. Melvina is one of the few healer who can cure poison.

For mage, there is a number of key mage:

5*
-Velnar: atk boost per wave and atk boost per kill+ 2 mana AOE with daze. The mage nuker.

Note that there is a number of other mage which can still be used in a mage team and are by no mean, bad.

Velnar has one problem for F2P player

Ability 2 (Lv65): Per-kill 4% ATK boost (combined maximum from Ability 1+2 is +100%)

You need 2 Velnars.

Few more mages I like (well I do have them).

5* Aludra is good when you open her mana ability (level 45) which grants +2 mana at the start of battle so the 3 mata attack is no problem or you can use the mana to Cheery or to another mage.

5* Katya with 2 mana you can clear from all enemies (8 x column AoE "Deal moderate damage to all enemies at the vanguard") and unlike Yuni, Katyas attacks are non-elemental (no problems if there are Ice mobs).

But yeah, I would gladly take Cheery :).

Merun

Velnar has one problem for F2P player

You need 2 Velnars.

Few more mages I like (well I do have them).

5* Aludra is good when you open her mana ability (level 45) which grants +2 mana at the start of battle so the 3 mata attack is no problem or you can use the mana to Cheery or to another mage.

5* Katya with 2 mana you can clear from all enemies (8 x column AoE "Deal moderate damage to all enemies at the vanguard") and unlike Yuni, Katyas attacks are non-elemental (no problems if there are Ice mobs).

But yeah, I would gladly take Cheery :).

I know for Velnar. Ultimately, mage team are not F2P friendly.

I have Katya and Cheery so Katya's AoE is useless ^^;

I'm coming up on my first 500 prysma soon. Is it really stupid to wait for v2 when all I have are 3*s, or should I pull to try and get my team better early?

I would say, try to get a better team when there is a rate up. Difficulty will increase in v1.

V2 moreover will offer more ways to get prysma and rings.

Rixa

Gumi, the company that made this game is lying.

Official announcement of Coropatillon raid.

In case they take that post down, here is screenshot:

CCGumilies.PNG
1. About Gold Chest Drop

This feature is not available in Chain Chronicle Global yet, and was not included in any of the previous raid events. The earlier versions of Chain Chronicle Japan also did not include this feature. For details of what is available in raid, please refer to the Information displayed during raid events.

Then why did people get Katarith from Gold chests?

Here is info about Demon Katarith raid

Featuring Demon Katarith
Grab the chance to obtain Demon Katarith (UR – ☆☆☆☆☆) from Demon Chests when defeating Onyx Drake.

How hard can your screw things? Gumi fix your shit and apologize us.

chrono01

Official announcement of Coropatillon raid.

In case they take that post down, here is screenshot:

Then why did people get Katarith from Gold chests?

Here is info about Demon Katarith raid

How hard can your screw things? Gumi fix your shit and apologize us.
Thanks for making my decision to not spend a single cent more on Chain Chronicle even easier, Gumi!

I wish a more competent company handled this game, as it's a lot of fun. Gumi, of course, had to ruin it with their greed. :/

chrono01

I'm confused, if people actually did get Katarith during the last raid then what's the problem?
The problem is that for the Coro event, not a single person has shown proof of having a gold chest drop. Not on any forums or social media. This adds further insult since this is the first demon that's actually any use, since Katarith is [more-or-less] only used for Fortune Rings via selling.

However, it seems Gumi knew this, so they removed the gold chest drops for Coro [or, at least, lowered the rate to a ridiculously low level] so people wouldn't essentially get duplicates of an amazing "free" unit.

Rixa

The problem is that for the Coro event, not a single person has shown proof of having a gold chest drop. Not on any forums or social media. This adds further insult since this is the first demon that's actually any use, since Katarith is [more-or-less] only used for Fortune Rings via selling.

However, it seems Gumi knew this, so they removed the gold chest drops for Coro [or, at least, lowered the rate to a ridiculously low level] so people wouldn't essentially get duplicates of an amazing "free" unit.

And now they are lying more. Saying that Gold chest never was thing in raids (not even in Katarith).

This thread in their official pages is good to read. But I dont know how long its there before they wipe the whole forum again.

Azusa

This is sad. Very sad.

I'll try Final Fantasy: Record Keeper and Heavenstrike Rivals and maybe I'll switch CC to one of them later. But in meanwhile I'll continue to play CC and I don't think I'll buy prysma any more.

desverger

Good lord, that was a sad thing to read. My faith in Gumi just tanked some more, if it was even possible anymore.

I'm just glad I'm a F2P scum myself, a company that basically just lies to its customers is not a company I want to support.

To me, it sounds like they wanted people to buy fruits and whatnot with prysma to get higher in the raid, because Coro wasn't dropping.

Rixa

I went to google play and gave 1-☆ to this version which is handled by Gumi.
This is good post in official forums.

SnowHarasho said:
Hi Gumi,

Thanks for your response. I now understand the issue very well. As a sign of gratitude, let me give you a 1-☆ at googleplay.

Please go to Google play and put one star to this version.

Yaari

Final Fantasy game is interesting. No I won't stop playing but I will stop paying.

I will kick my anti Gumi campaign up a few notches too.

Merun

Grmbl, despicable. I will join the heat. RNG screwing with me is one thing, but a company is a whole another matter. Best way is e-mail?

garath

Wow. I could have sworn the raid description for coro said specifically you could get the demon as a drop too. Guess they would have purged that.

do you guys know anyone that has used a cheater to get free prysm and rings in this type of game. I ran into a couple while skimming reddit for chain chronicle info.

Quixzlizx

Is there any good way of farming unit enhancers other than burning all of my AP on the class dailies? I feel like the XP I'm getting from missions is not putting a dent in anything.

garath

Is there any good way of farming unit enhancers other than burning all of my AP on the class dailies? I feel like the XP I'm getting from missions is not putting a dent in anything.

It's either the dailies, pulling with arcana coins (wouldn't necessarily recommend that), or hitting an event if the reward includes enhancers (like the old targeted knight quests)

Isn't the 4* an all new arcana though? You'd have relevel it.

I honestly have no idea. Always just read to hold onto them for that reason.

Gizuko

Aparently Spark of Battle and Fruit of Research (both on the sage's tower map) are the best ways to level up characters - even if they are not soldiers/mages.

You can read further here, since the author does a bit of an in-depth analysis.

Quixzlizx

It's either the dailies, pulling with arcana coins (wouldn't necessarily recommend that), or hitting an event if the reward includes enhancers (like the old targeted knight quests)

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Aparently Spark of Battle and Fruit of Research (both on the sage's tower map) are the best ways to level up characters - even if they are not soldiers/mages.

You can read further here, since the author does a bit of an in-depth analysis.

I meant getting actual enhancer arcana. I know about Fruits of Research, and I'm currently doing Defense Drill for xp, which is an even better rate. It still sucks, though.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm early in the game - just got to the second tavern.mimhave 150 pryzm(?) and 10,000 arcana coins. Looking for some general tips. Should I be buying lots of cards with my coins and using the less good ones to boost my characters? Should I be spending 50 pryzm to get one rare character? Don't want to spend the currency on wrong things

Also, are the stars on the characters bascially how much potential they have? So although I like michidia, she is only 1 star so I should ditch her for better archers?

Gizuko

I meant getting actual enhancer arcana. I know about Fruits of Research, and I'm currently doing Defense Drill for xp, which is an even better rate. It still sucks, though.

My bad, I was thinking the enhancer/ap ratio would be good enough, even with the reduced efficiency, but nothing it can do if you want class-specific enhancers.

I love how people are reacting to this, they are getting refunded for this whole event. This thing probably cost Gumi a lot of money. On the other forums someone managed to get back 300 bucks, they spent on the game due to false advertisement.

As for me, I am now seriously considering just quitting the game, the lack of Coro has dampened my interest in this game. To the point of short of getting a couple of them means I am done.

Kreed

4XKSs3x.png

WUT? I don't understand >.<

Coro had a chance to drop?

The original complaint from players is that no one got a Coro chest drop, which is in a special colored chest like the Katarith Raid (red and gold) that has a small chance of dropping during Demon Raids. Many of us believe Gumi did something to the rates to either lower them or remove them because no one playing the Demon Raids got a single Coro drop. Which is why there was such outrage over the "No Gold Chest" comment, because we were assuming they were talking about the Coro chest. What Gumi is trying to say now is that the Coro chest isn't the Gold Chest they were talking about earlier on the forum.

Thanks all for the tips a few pages back. I went ahead and leveled Nicky to 11 and stuck her in my subs. I couldn't do the same for Phillip because cost is a bitch.

Anyways I'm plodding through the main quest and just reached chapter 4. I'm just about reaching a point where I can't simply auto battle X2 and drink my coffee anymore. As always RNG is killing me. I'm doing all my pulls in the second tavern in the hopes of getting at the very least a decent 4* knight. On the bright side, I've actually been having luck getting rings on the dailies. Sitting on 49 now and if I sell Phillip I might just be able to grab Deed before she's gone.

I'm still using this crappy 4 colour team though.

rzcsziP.png

How gimped would I be if I swap my mage for Deed and then eventually my soldier for another Knight?

All I hear is "Lindsey this" or "Sulstan that" but my line of thinking is that I already LB'd Maurice once and stuck the Liberation sword on him at the very start because I didn't know better, so should I just build around him? Most of my friends are soldiers but I do have 2 Julianna's in there.

I'm really looking forward to the next raid. The reason I got hooked in the first place was starting the game when there was 6 hours left in it.

Thanks all for the tips a few pages back. I went ahead and leveled Nicky to 11 and stuck her in my subs. I couldn't do the same for Phillip because cost is a bitch.

Anyways I'm plodding through the main quest and just reached chapter 4. I'm just about reaching a point where I can't simply auto battle X2 and drink my coffee anymore. As always RNG is killing me. I'm doing all my pulls in the second tavern in the hopes of getting at the very least a decent 4* knight. On the bright side, I've actually been having luck getting rings on the dailies. Sitting on 49 now and if I sell Phillip I might just be able to grab Deed before she's gone.

I'm still using this crappy 4 colour team though.

rzcsziP.png

How gimped would I be if I swap my mage for Deed and then eventually my soldier for another Knight?

All I hear is "Lindsey this" or "Sulstan that" but my line of thinking is that I already LB'd Maurice once and stuck the Liberation sword on him at the very start because I didn't know better, so should I just build around him? Most of my friends are soldiers but I do have 2 Julianna's in there.

I'm really looking forward to the next raid. The reason I got hooked in the first place was starting the game when there was 6 hours left in it.

While your team will work, you will have issues doing certain content.

I mean you could build around that team, but it is ALWAYS better to have a few 5 star soldiers/knight/mage in your party because it makes things easier.

you should avoid having more than 2 different mana groups in your party because it usually hurts you more than it helps you but if you don't have a choice there is nothing you can do about it.

People talk about Sulstan and lindsey because they always significantly improve any group they are in. Finally, unless you don't have something better Liberation sword isn't anything special outside of the one-time coro raid.

Aki-at

A real bloody shame about how Gumi is treating the userbase. Really want to support the game but not if they're going to be like this.

I'll just buy two copies of Yakuza 0 instead haha.

I just had some discussion yesterday and it seems like you will need that Grief Sword on Lindsey before v2 ;)

Ah dang, I'm having such an okay time without even equipping her that sword! Guess I'll just wait when it'll become physically impossible for me to carry on, I'm hoping the rest of my team might be able to push me over the edge until V2 arrives.

Honestly i would drop Minimo and use Dusty if you want to go the fighter route (his limit break outscales most 3*'s and some 4* and free gold is extra nice) or get Audette if you want to go knight route. Audette you can get a guaranteed drop from one of the quetss, i forget.

Yep, dusty is one of the best units (he has higher attack than some LB4 3*) and he is easily LB'd.

garath

I'm early in the game - just got to the second tavern.mimhave 150 pryzm(?) and 10,000 arcana coins. Looking for some general tips. Should I be buying lots of cards with my coins and using the less good ones to boost my characters? Should I be spending 50 pryzm to get one rare character? Don't want to spend the currency on wrong things

Also, are the stars on the characters bascially how much potential they have? So although I like michidia, she is only 1 star so I should ditch her for better archers?

Initially you should buy lots of cards so you can unlock the character quests for all the common recruits. But you can just sell the cards as you get them.

I've always been told to keep the starter characters as they'll get new versions when the game updates to version 2.

While your team will work, you will have issues doing certain content.

I mean you could build around that team, but it is ALWAYS better to have a few 5 star soldiers/knight/mage in your party because it makes things easier.

you should avoid having more than 2 different mana groups in your party because it usually hurts you more than it helps you but if you don't have a choice there is nothing you can do about it.

People talk about Sulstan and lindsey because they always significantly improve any group they are in. Finally, unless you don't have something better Liberation sword isn't anything special outside of the one-time coro raid.

Thanks, I assume you mean issues with raids? Is that down to the timed nature of the raids and soldiers being quicker? Or are knights in general just worse off?

That's nice to hear about the liberation sword anyway, I don't have anything better but at least it means I'm not losing anything amazing if I get rid of old Maurice. He's kind of the crux of my party at the moment with his "late" stats finally kicking in.

Also I shit you not, in between this and my last post, I just pulled another Minimo and a Madena with my last 100 prysma... I'm going to be stuck with these shams forever.

I guess I don't have the patience and fortitude you guys have to wait it out and horde rings/prysma for better arcana to come around. I kinda just want a 5* of any sort right now to build around so that's why I'm going for Deed. These are the reasons I'm going to end up begging for raid help here and getting stuck later in the main quest!

Oh and thanks for the Dusty advice guys. Would he be considered better than Madena even though she could be LB'd to 50 now? It would definitely help mitigate the cost issues that will come up soon when I get a 5* (It will happen!!).

Thanks, I assume you mean issues with raids? Is that down to the timed nature of the raids and soldiers being quicker? Or are knights in general just worse off?

That's nice to hear about the liberation sword anyway, I don't have anything better but at least it means I'm not losing anything amazing if I get rid of old Maurice. He's kind of the crux of my party at the moment with his "late" stats finally kicking in.

Also I shit you not, in between this and my last post, I just pulled another Minimo and a Madena with my last 100 prysma... I'm going to be stuck with these shams forever.

I guess I don't have the patience and fortitude you guys have to wait it out and horde rings/prysma for better arcana to come around. I kinda just want a 5* of any sort right now to build around so that's why I'm going for Deed. These are the reasons I'm going to end up begging for raid help here and getting stuck later in the main quest!

Oh and thanks for the Dusty advice guys. Would he be considered better than Madena even though she could be LB'd to 50 now? It would definitely help mitigate the cost issues that will come up soon when I get a 5* (It will happen!!).

Keep Madena and, take dusty LB4 him, keep maurice for now bench Minimo for now. If you get lucky during the next Demon raid and you can get a decent mage fior use in a mage team.

Right now Soldiers are heavily favored in the game than knights. To create a decent Knight team requires you spending real money and personally with the way GUMI handles the game, I wouldn't recommend it. All the good knights are locked behind a paywall.

While you could easily get (if you start at release) Lindsey and recently Coro (until gumi revealed their true colors) and eventually Sulstan. Also a lot of people would suggest you save your free Prymas crystal until you get 500 of them to attempt a 10+1 during double rate events.

If you really hate your team, you can always go to another forum where people sometimes give away accounts for free, but will require you to start from scratch.

Azusa

Madena:
Lv:50 ATK:4,620 HP:4,800

Dusty:
Max LB: ATK:5,099 HP:3,800

Merun

Raid favour DPS, which warriors don't lack. We even run raids without healing because there is a time limit, so it's better to do more damage than keep people alive over time ( unless you can't reach the last wave )

Also, I guess it's hard to wait when you don't have a 5*. Problem is you arrived at a bad timing. Lindsey is gone, Coro trolled us, Deed is almost done, and next worthy 5* for F2P aren't soon. I mean Sapuras and Sulstan. At the very least, if you plan to use prysma or ticket, wait for gatcha event or rate up as these happens fairly often.

There is a good chance we will get one soon, and I would guess that White Day is the perfect timing for the next one ( since we got Valentine ). JPCC first white day brought Yoshitsugu. The less HP this guy have, the more his stat increase ( 90% atk raise if low HP against boss )

Top Bottom