• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

What do you guys think will happen once this current event is done?

Next demon raid? Something else?

I'm going to try and prepare and just farm gold for the whole weekend :p

Madena:
Lv:50 ATK:4,620 HP:4,800

Dusty:
Max LB: ATK:5,099 HP:3,800

Whoa, done and done, thanks!

If you really hate your team, you can always go to another forum where people sometimes give away accounts for free, but will require you to start from scratch.

Appreciate all the advice. Yeah I was getting the feeling that Knights are definitely a costly endeavor. I'm FTP for the most part, I caved once and got 60 prysma but regretted it straight away (even more so when I pulled).

Nah I don't really hate my team. The poor buggers have been with me since the start! Besides the Coro raid obviously, nothings actually been exceptionally difficult. Frankly I'm looking forward to more of a challenge as the game progresses. It's just the main tip I see is "go for 1 or 2 mana parties" and I'm trying to aim towards that so I don't get stuck later. It could be worse, pulling Celeya twice on my second day playing allowed me to have decent randoms as friends I think. Her range blows though.

I've been trying a couple re-rolls a day and the positive outcome is how much it discourages me from ever buying prysma again. I don't fancy starting from scratch with how much time I've put in but I might go for an alt at some point

Yaari

Oh I was confused by that Gumi update. So apparently they are backtracking, they confirmed the lack of a Gold chest is not an issue, since it does not exist on Japan either.

But now suddenly, the lack of the demon chest (RED) is indeed an issue and it will be investigated more.

That's my take on it anyway.

Sigh. Confusing.

Lol at deeper investigation btw. As if that is needed at all. It's like with Juliana. Only now, they can't silence the voices. So they have no choice but to come through.

chrono01

Oh I was confused by that Gumi update. So apparently they are backtracking, they confirmed the lack of a Gold chest is not an issue, since it does not exist on Japan either.

But now suddenly, the lack of the demon chest (RED) is indeed an issue and it will be investigated more.

Sigh. Confusing.

Lol at deeper investigation btw. As if that is needed at all. It's like with Juliana. Only now, they can't silence the voices. So they have no choice but to come through.
It honestly doesn't matter to me anymore. Whether they gives us all two "compensation Coro" or not, I just can't trust them.

I'll still play the game since it's still enjoyable to me, but I'll remain completely non-IAP. Not a cent will be spent towards Gumi, not for Prysma "deals", Stamina/Vigor Fruits/etc. The same goes for Brave Frontier.

I refuse to support a company that is so obviously dishonest with their player-base. The fact that they could have easily admitted to their mistake [and it was their mistake], gave everyone a compensation Coro, and promised to fox these issues for upcoming Demon Raids would have satisfied virtually everyone. Keep in-mind that Gumi themselves aren't losing any real profit in the process by doing this, since Coro is essentially "free" to them and not even a game-breaking unit. Instead, they try to talk their way out of it [insulting our intelligence in the process].

I'm just done with them.

Merun

Sigh. Confusing.

It seems like they are too stupid to infer some basic informations or taking us for imbeciles. But since they just shot themselves in the foot, they can do a simple thing which cost nothing and will make everyone happy, and regain a tinnnnnnyyy bit of trust.

elty

They will probably give out 3 stamina fruit and 3 vigor fruit as compensation, if you reported the problem lol.

Rixa

It honestly doesn't matter to me anymore. Whether they gives us all two "compensation Coro" or not, I just can't trust them.

I'll still play the game since it's still enjoyable to me, but I'll remain completely non-IAP. Not a cent will be spent towards Gumi, not for Prysma "deals", Stamina/Vigor Fruits/etc. The same goes for Brave Frontier.

I refuse to support a company that is so obviously dishonest with their player-base. The fact that they could have easily admitted to their mistake [and it was their mistake], gave everyone a compensation Coro, and promised to fox these issues for upcoming Demon Raids would have satisfied virtually everyone. Keep in-mind that Gumi themselves aren't losing any real profit in the process by doing this, since Coro is essentially "free" to them and not even a game-breaking unit. Instead, they try to talk their way out of it [insulting our intelligence in the process].

I'm just done with them.
Such a good words there. Iam same boat, keep playing but definetly wont give them any money.

They will probably give out 3 stamina fruit and 3 vigor fruit as compensation, if you reported the problem lol.

Their latest info (ingame) says they are giving Vigor Fruits (wow...) as compensation. Such a bullshit joke. Atleast I havent got anything yet, made 2 bug reports during raid event and one before (for Push Notifications bug).

Gumi the company that is lying and trolling. Gumis so called Customer service is a big joke and the handling of their customers is done so poorly.

Hyoukokun

Hey all. Been playing this for a bit; would anybody be willing to add me as a friend? My ID is 199,719,111; for leaders I'm usually rolling either with a level 45 Maurice (5,000HP/4,6000ATK) or my leveling party with Coropatillon (presently level 21). Managed to snag Deed after much grinding as well, so I eventually might switch her in as a leader... it's going to be a long grind to get her up to speed though!

desverger

Hey all. Been playing this for a bit; would anybody be willing to add me as a friend? My ID is 199,719,111; for leaders I'm usually rolling either with a level 45 Maurice (5,000HP/4,6000ATK) or my leveling party with Coropatillon (presently level 21). Managed to snag Deed after much grinding as well, so I eventually might switch her in as a leader... it's going to be a long grind to get her up to speed though!

Just added you up under the name of Kettle :)

Rixa

Hey all. Been playing this for a bit; would anybody be willing to add me as a friend? My ID is 199,719,111
Tossed you a friend request on my both accounts which are named RixGAF.
Aludra & Katya as leaders.
Just added you up under the name of Kettle :)

desverger: I got 5 friendslots more on my alt (Katya as leader, at somepoint switching to Coro which is LB3 but at 34 level).
Could you add it also, my ID: 175,317,875 (RixGAF)

desverger

Oh wow, didn't know this. Is there a reason for cutting it? -aside from obvious "let's reduce the rarity of their rewards~"

That's about it, I guess!

desverger: I got 5 friendslots more on my alt (Katya as leader, at somepoint switching to Coro which is LB3 but at 34 level).
Could you add it also, my ID: 175,317,875 (RixGAF)

Sent you a request for your alt account as well.

Azusa

This game needs more events. I have finished all event quests and all character quests. Also I have cleared all my chain stories and main chapters. At the moment I'm farming last free quests in the Nine Territories. All other maps are cleared already.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This game needs more events. I have finished all event quests and all character quests. Also I have cleared all my chain stories and main chapters. At the moment I'm farming last free quests in the Nine Territories. All other maps are cleared already.

Yeah. Other games have me spoiled.

Yaari

I agree. The game is fun but the lack of challenging content holds it back. They could be doing so much more with the game.

The current event is just a joke and hardly worth running through.

desverger

Gumi is probably trying to hold v2 back as much as they can with these "filler events" which, if we are frank, are basically just a bunch of repeatable quests for a week with an existing character's face pasted on a banner and a few lines of text on a forum.

Raids are great, but I guess they have to think of something else as well if raids appear once a month.

johnsmith

remember me
Is Sulstan tons better than Fuuko?

Edit: Looks like he is. I'll continue saving up for him instead or for more Lindseys to LB if she comes back.

Merun

The current event was also in JP. If anything, Gumi is faster than JPCC because they don't have collab and they have different release timing, so while we get things in chronological order, we also get some intruder like the Valentine event which was 7 months after release instead of the 4 for global. That's also why the quests were much harder.

As for hard content, I heard from JPCC player that chapter 10 is where F2P player cries. And if you want even harder, there is Phoena's quests which are at level 75 and are at whole another level of BS hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtyztuL61Lo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maZpWR0A5n0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSs_cAzrFs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpab0I7cnyY

Chapter 10 was released in December, less than one month after Ael Gloom ( I can't bother remembering her name), the next demon raid.

elty

Gumi is probably trying to hold v2 back as much as they can with these "filler events" which, if we are frank, are basically just a bunch of repeatable quests for a week with an existing character's face pasted on a banner and a few lines of text on a forum.

Raids are great, but I guess they have to think of something else as well if raids appear once a month.
They can just keep the drop rate low even with v2. I highly doubt the drop rate is not a configurable setting.

desverger

The current event was also in JP. If anything, Gumi is faster than JPCC because they don't have collab and they have different release timing, so while we get things in chronological order, we also get some intruder like the Valentine event which was 7 months after release instead of the 4 for global. That's also why the quests were much harder.

That's interesting. Of course I cannot decipher Japanese so that page tells me nothing, but I'll take your word for it!

I had no idea Gumi was maintaining the event order to the JP version. Are the event orders comparable, so that it would be possible to hazard a guess when Global is getting v2?

Also, when did Japan get v2, in relation to the event release schedule, if you know the answer to that?

Merun

That's interesting. Of course I cannot decipher Japanese so that page tells me nothing, but I'll take your word for it!

I had no idea Gumi was maintaining the event order to the JP version. Are the event orders comparable, so that it would be possible to hazard a guess when Global is getting v2?

Also, when did Japan get v2, in relation to the event release schedule, if you know the answer to that?

I cannot decipher moon runes either! Else I would be playing JPCC. But it's not too hard to use some logic and omg, Google translate, to get a rough idea of what is to come. I also have discussion with those who have better understanding of the language and play there as another source of informations.

For instance, most character we are getting in v1 will be worthless in v2. Reason is that they will have better stats and combo abilities, like speed/atk buff with daze chance. Rest assured that what we get will still have some use thanks to the kizuna/link/bonding mechanic. For instance, Sulstan will give a life steal to whoever is linked, and it's stronger the higher level he is.

V2 hit Japan in July, so 11month after release. On the other hand, Taiwan got V2 6 months after release from what I heard, but I didn't find any trustworthy source. So even with JP schedule freely available, anything can happen.

desverger

I suppose v2 will mostly be dictated by sales, and cannot be predicted by us mere mortals without any actual sales data :p

Gumi will have no real reason to throw in v2 if people are still happily spending money in v1. As soon as the sales take a decline, they can patch in v2 with a reasonable schedule and, bam, instant boost to the money flow and retention.

chrono01

It's possible though, with this whole Coropatiron situation, that they'll try to push V2 onto us as quickly as possible. This way, they may hope it will get our minds off of that and onto something else, which means more possible $$$ for them.

For me, I'll never forget. I'm excited for V2, and all of the upcoming content, but I won't be contributing any money to Gumi. It's not so much a matter of cost but one of principal. I cannot, in good conscience, support a company that treats their customers as they do.

Merun

I just tried JPCC for kick and giggle. First 3 pulls:

MoDcezR.jpg

*sigh*

edit; also, combat for the Deed v2 event has some cool battle theme remix. Sounds like something straigh out of a Castlevania

Yaari

Yeah hearing about that 7% UR rate, it is almost hard to believe it is the same game. That's such a massive increase in appearance rate.

I was down to the wire on snagging Deed last night, I scored the 5 rings from the advanced defense drill at last and selling Phillip put me up to 68 rings. I did my last cheap character quests and scraped the prysma for another pull for rings. Only I went and got Toka, a 4* star soldier, which is one more star than I'm used to seeing. I'm not sure if she's decent or not but I ended up keeping her and bought prysma for the last pull. Second time I've done that now so I guess I've lost my F2P hat. I regret sending money Gumi's way and don't plan on doing it again soon but I am glad I got Deed.

Anyway here's the new hotness and the bench warmers.
d27LeS6.png

UYXQGsL.png

I took people's advice and threw Dusty in, definitely worth it. I'm holding on to the oldies in case they come in handy like Madena for the gold weekends or if I ever go full soldier. It is very tempting though to enhance Deed or Toka with one of them though. Any suggestions for who should get the chop?

Just need to grab Haruaki now for Toka's quest as well as some decent weapons. My plan is to not spend another cent and save up for a 10+1 pull. I'll also listen to everybody and save rings for Sulstan or Lindsey way down the line.

Thanks to those that replied for all the tips. Here's my number again for anyone with space on their list 133183866. Name is CoxGAF.

elty

Finish a battle and it keep saying connecting again and again. Happen a lot lately.

edit: turn out to be maintenance. Guess all my AP is now wasted.

edit: wait I thought maintenance is tomorrow??

Verelios

Three color team seems difficult to manage. I'm running a knight team and the struggle is real, so yeah, if you're f2p, fighter and healer sounds like a good grouping.

BJK

Enjoy the maintenance!

I spent nearly all my AP this weekend going after the Intermediate-level event, to maximize my XP returns (after getting the weekly FRs).

I'd like to think I made some progress:

image1_zpsn82ixy5a.jpg

(If you do the party cost math...yeah, I only have the hero by himself as the sub-party....so my leveling party is still Dusty + Nicky (sub-party) instead of Alvert. This is the squad that I'd like to take into the next demon raid.)

Hyoukokun

Is it worth experimenting with a two-healer team? I have two that are at a decent level and I'm getting my butt handed to me by chapter 6-6 at present. Melvina heals more but lacks range, Johan has some range but can't do damage control after boss enemies fire off a special.

I am trying to get down to two two-color teams - one knights, one fighters. Don't quite have enough high-level chars of both types to manage it yet.

Is it worth experimenting with a two-healer team? I have two that are at a decent level and I'm getting my butt handed to me by chapter 6-6 at present. Melvina heals more but lacks range, Johan has some range but can't do damage control after boss enemies fire off a special.

I am trying to get down to two two-color teams - one knights, one fighters. Don't quite have enough high-level chars of both types to manage it yet.

No.

Healers will not be able to out heal the damage you receive and the lack of dps will hurt you more. In come cases it is better to run without a healer.

Rixa

. Only I went and got Toka, a 4* star soldier, which is one more star than I'm used to seeing. I'm not sure if she's decent or not but I ended up keeping her and bought prysma for the last pull.
Thanks to those that replied for all the tips. Here's my number again for anyone with space on their list 133183866. Name is CoxGAF.

Keep Toka, she has awesome 2nd ability.

Taken from here
http://chain-chronicle-forum.com/ said:
Ability 1 (Lv13, requires Haruaki) - 1.5xATK vs. ogres
Ability 2 (Lv38, requires Haruaki) - Per-wave party heal (13%)

My Toka is at lvl 50 and while she may not shine in raids demon boss, she tries to keep party alive to demon, thanks to that healing wave. Only downsides are that you need Haruaki and ability quest is 4x24 AP (Toka need to be atleast lvl 38).

At demon you can sacrifice Toka to mana for feeding for example Lindseys skill.

Btw maintenance started 1 day early and they did change the date to info.
This was original info:
Date:
March 02, 2015 (Monday)

Time:
07:00 p.m. PST to 05:00 a.m. PST

Maintenance Duration:
Approximately 10 hours

Oh yeah and Gumis official CC forum is down too, expecting forumwipe (again)...

desverger

I really want Toka :p

If there's nothing special this week after the maint, I might do a 10+1 pull from the Holy City tavern. Hoping to get Toka and/or a better healer than Latty.

Part of me thinks that once v2 hits, I might start an another account and see how well that goes with all the free prysma.

Rixa

In case they take forum again down and wipe it and change ingame text. Took screenshot of this.

Kudos to: zgmfx09a

Yeah, dont spend money to this game and rate it to 1* thank you. Keep playing as F2P.

EDIT: Screencap is taken from their official forums from this thread, page 6.

Merun

I really want Toka :p

If there's nothing special this week after the maint, I might do a 10+1 pull from the Holy City tavern. Hoping to get Toka and/or a better healer than Latty.

Part of me thinks that once v2 hits, I might start an another account and see how well that goes with all the free prysma.

I would advise against doing so. There is one thing which does not change and that's the exp to rank up. V2 arcana are more expensive. So you will get more UR but won't be able to use them at the beginning!

Rixa

I would advise against doing so. There is one thing which does not change and that's the exp to rank up. V2 arcana are more expensive. So you will get more UR but won't be able to use them at the beginning!

Question:

When (hopefully) V2 comes. If we have finished everything, do we keep our arcanas and start from start with doing same quests again in same world & area or is there new world with new quests?

Merun

Question:

When (hopefully) V2 comes. If we have finished everything, do we keep our arcanas and start from start with doing same quests again in same world & area or is there new world with new quests?

From what i have seen, we keep our arcanas and there is a button on the world map to switch continent. Also some events will have special map ( just discovered with Deed v2 event )

Top Bottom