• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

So 3 fruits and 3 rings? I'll take it!
That's not too bad for compensation.
ok, good compensantion anyway :)
^^
This. Of course it depends how long the maintenance actually lasts. If it takes week its a poor compensation :p.

What are they doing there 24 hours? Adding V2 to global servers? I wish.

Read again :). It might take 24h or less. 24h takes to deliver Prysma & Fruits to us. Kinda snail mail they use :p.

Gizuko

I would advise against doing so. There is one thing which does not change and that's the exp to rank up. V2 arcana are more expensive. So you will get more UR but won't be able to use them at the beginning!

This. I started a little while ago on the jp server, and hell, I have the current event's UR and their cost is 18 each, right off the bat. You will lose the quest prysma you have already got, but I'd guess missions and hunts shouldn't be affected, so you'd still get quite a lot of prysma, and you'd keep your rings and AC.

Rixa

Server is up

The server is back, I guess. Very buggy though, no new event updated and I can't recruit with arcana coins.

Atleast RNG is the same old one. Used 60 AP to intermediate daily, didnt get 4th chest. Other account used 80AP (got level) didnt get 2nd chest, did get 4th chest tho only once.

So now waiting AP and hoping to get those chest before sleepy time (its 18:00 here).

desverger

A whole free pull? Are they sure they didn't just mean 10? :p

Also, new fortune ring character is up.

Ninja Kid Fuuko

Her special does inflict blind, and she may be the only warrior who can do it, but that's about it. I'm not really sure if that's helpful or not.

I'm saving my rings for Tigre and Sulstan personally.

Just did Coro's quest myself. That was a LOT of ap :p

Zhengi

Seems more worth it to Gumi to just give everyone 1 free Coro and be done with it rather than running the entire raid again.

Keep Toka, she has awesome 2nd ability.

My Toka is at lvl 50 and while she may not shine in raids demon boss, she tries to keep party alive to demon, thanks to that healing wave. Only downsides are that you need Haruaki and ability quest is 4x24 AP (Toka need to be atleast lvl 38).

At demon you can sacrifice Toka to mana for feeding for example Lindseys skill.

Oh cool, I wonder if her heal combined the hero's would make a non healer setup doable. I could be wrong but I feel like, outside of very specific set ups, it's very hard to make an effective party without one. Coupled with the "2 mana sweetspot" it makes options kind of limited in terms of class choice.

So I got Haruaki and I'm trying to level him up to 10. Once I clear his quest do I need to hold on to his arcana until Toka's level 38 or can I ditch him?

Merun

Oh cool, I wonder if her heal combined the hero's would make a non healer setup doable. I could be wrong but I feel like, outside of very specific set ups, it's very hard to make an effective party without one. Coupled with the "2 mana sweetspot" it makes options kind of limited in terms of class choice.

So I got Haruaki and I'm trying to level him up to 10. Once I clear his quest do I need to hold on to his arcana until Toka's level 38 or can I ditch him?

You need him for the level 38 quest IIRC. Otherwise I have both Toka and Hero in party and it's really helping to have wave heal during demon raid.

Fishious

Toka's healing is pretty sweet. I wound up making it to 120 in the last demon raid using a full warrior team with Toka. I'd make it to the boss wave with pretty much everyone near full health. I had to move my characters around a lot in the earlier waves to make sure damage was distributed across them more evenly, but it was very effective.

Yaari

Greetings Captain!

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Please be informed that Global and Japan Chain Chronicle Version are entirely different. If Japan some release some features, it does not mean it will surely be implemented in Global Version it depend on the decision of our developers. That is why we highly advise players to wait first for any official announcement before assuming any rumors within the game. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,
Chain Chronicle Team [34]

That's a reply someone got on the CC forum. That makes me really angry. That basically means they can do whatever they want and we'll have to deal with it. They can butcher anything they want if their dumb developers feel like doing so.

That's a reply someone got on the CC forum. That makes me really angry. That basically means they can do whatever they want and we'll have to deal with it. They can butcher anything they want if their dumb developers feel like doing so.

They are doing such a terrible job at PR here.

elty

Which pretty much means EVEN if they decide to bring out V2, they will maintain the low UR drop rate to earn the maximum amount of money.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
They are doing such a terrible job at PR here.

Yeah, this is a lesson on how not to handle fans.

It almost makes me want to delete it :/

Which pretty much means EVEN if they decide to bring out V2, they will maintain the low UR drop rate to earn the maximum amount of money.

Yup, that's how I read it.

If they are independent from Sega Japan's direction, they could pretty much do whatever they want, even keeping the horrific drop rates we currently have.

Merun

I can't understand how it's possible to be so bad at handling such game. I mean, the bugs we have are, already FIXED! I repeat, they are fixed. JPCC no longer have them so it shouldn't take long to backport them. The AP bug on level up? That's an elementary developer mistake of how a simple arithmetic operation get its value and is applied. The problem is on perhaps 3 lines, and it doesn't take more lines either to fix it. 1hp bug? It's a standard concurrent access issue. Only one I can't determine the cause from a glance is the help request not being sent.

Modifying the feature of the game is like the worst idea a developer could come up with. You don't fix what ain't broke. You don't reinvent the wheel. It's like asking for trouble and to lose money. Yes, diverging from Sega is a bad idea because it means, you have to handle the modification over time and QA them, when you can just use the base code and relies on the hours of work put by the developer at Sega. Anyway, features are not something developer comes up with normally. It's the job of the game designer, which I hope is not some rejected student from an economy university. Going from the requirement for their recruitment process, the developer should at the very least be decent or the managers lack a discerning eye.

Julianna event? Yes first Chain Story festival was after Coropatillon and thus it was the second time JP got Julianna gatcha. There was a good effort to try and speed the release of the events to get both Nine Territories and the Chain Story festival, both at the same time. But they made a mistake, and kept the original gatcha, as their intention seems to be keeping some kind of chronology in the order of arcana release. Funnily enough, it's always when Gimu tries to fix their mistake, that they make an even bigger one. That's commonly called, digging your own grave.

There, I was in the mood to deliver a dose of sarcasm despite being seemingly indifferent so far to what has been happening. It's just I don't like to partake too much in negativity.

elty

I highly doubt drop rate is not a configurable setting.so it would take them 0 effort to lower coro drop rate to 0% then make some bull shit excuse.

Zhengi

Anyone trying for the Archive Alliance contest? I have about 61 allies right now and I'm doing free quests that will give me characters to add to my archive. Hoping I reach 101 so I can qualify for the lvl 100 prize level. It can't hurt to give it a try.

Yaari

I just realized some folks might be pretty happy with the fact that I've yet to put a Grief Sword on my Lindsey if we ever do get a Coro re-run. Lol.

Quixzlizx

Anyone trying for the Archive Alliance contest? I have about 61 allies right now and I'm doing free quests that will give me characters to add to my archive. Hoping I reach 101 so I can qualify for the lvl 100 prize level. It can't hurt to give it a try.

What's the link?

chrono01

I just realized some folks might be pretty happy with the fact that I've yet to put a Grief Sword on my Lindsey if we ever do get a Coro re-run. Lol.
Haha, very nice. Glad to hear it!

I personally don't feel Gumi will re-do the raid event. I suspect they're saying this in the hopes that people will move on/forget about it, only for the raid event to never make its return.

I hope I'm wrong.

Zhengi

What's the link?

Here it is:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/124610-submission-thread-alliance-archives

Edit: 100 Random winners will be selected:

Prizes:

001 to 020 Allies : Arcana Coin X1,000
021 to 050 Allies : Arcana Coin X2,000 + Stamina Fruit X2
051 to 100 Allies : Arcana Coin X4,000 + Stamina Fruit X3 + Revival Fruit X3
101 to 150 Allies : Arcana Coin X6,000 + Stamina Fruit X4 + Revival Fruit X4 + Premium Ticket X1
151 & Above Allies : Arcana Coin X8,000 + Stamina Fruit X5 + Revival Fruit X5 + Premium Ticket X2

elty

Haha, very nice. Glad to hear it!

I personally don't feel Gumi will re-do the raid event. I suspect they're saying this in the hopes that people will move on/forget about it, only for the raid event to never make its return.

I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think they said anything, is all speculation.

chrono01

Yea, they've merely hinted at it.

I guess we'll see. Even if they decide to re-do it, my opinion won't change. Non-IAP from now on, all the way.

Quixzlizx

I got the 50 downtime compensation prysma in my gift box. I don't remember how many stamina fruit I had, so I don't know whether I received any. If I did get them, they didn't go to my gift box first.

Here it is:

http://forums.gumi.sg/forum/chain-chronicle/events/124610-submission-thread-alliance-archives

Edit: 100 Random winners will be selected:

Prizes:

001 to 020 Allies : Arcana Coin X1,000
021 to 050 Allies : Arcana Coin X2,000 + Stamina Fruit X2
051 to 100 Allies : Arcana Coin X4,000 + Stamina Fruit X3 + Revival Fruit X3
101 to 150 Allies : Arcana Coin X6,000 + Stamina Fruit X4 + Revival Fruit X4 + Premium Ticket X1
151 & Above Allies : Arcana Coin X8,000 + Stamina Fruit X5 + Revival Fruit X5 + Premium Ticket X2

Yeah, I don't see how I'm getting to 101 allies, considering I'm not spending any prysma. I'm at 70-something right now, and I don't think I have more than 10 to get from free quests.

desverger

I used my 50 prysma from the maint in the holy city tavern and got Rowendia. If only it had been a Toka :/

Afraid she's just gonna be rings for me, since I mostly run a warrior party or spear-wielding knights.

Or is 1-mana knockback going to be useful at some point?

Also, if they're gonna mess with anything in v2, be it rates or other mechanics, I'm just out lol. Goddamn Gumi!

Zhengi

I got the 50 downtime compensation prysma in my gift box. I don't remember how many stamina fruit I had, so I don't know whether I received any. If I did get them, they didn't go to my gift box first.

Yeah, I don't see how I'm getting to 101 allies, considering I'm not spending any prysma. I'm at 70-something right now, and I don't think I have more than 10 to get from free quests.

Yeah, I just realize that too. I might just go ahead and post what I have and hope I win something out of this.

Yaari

I think I'm going to ignore this event. I'll use the AP to rank up instead. I don't need the rings and its a big AP sink too. I'd like to get Melvina into my team asap.

garath

This new event is a great source of enhancers. Wow. 2 specific ones for 10 ap is pretty decent. Now's a great time to max out all those weapons.

Top Bottom