• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

I use them now. Got 500 rings and I need the weapon progress. Won't be long til I can sell them again, but for now, I use em.

How do weapon upgrades work? Is there any benefit from going above 100%?

It's a percentage of getting some stat increase on the weapon. So I believe going above 100% will of course guarantee some and the possibility of some bonus ones.

Of course considering the stat increases on a weapon seem to be pretty random in the first place, who knows if it'll have a real effect going above 100% ~_~

Zhengi

This new event has definitely been good for getting weapon enhancers. I will definitely be running it for a bit so I can max out some of the weapons I have. Not sure if I will use any of the weapons that are earned at the end of the quest. I feel that since I have a few 2* B weapons in the storage box from the demon raid, I can put those on my characters and then upgrade to an A weapon afterwards. Maybe the rings will be more useful.

Yaari

Wonder if I should put the Rank A Rod from Chapter 9 on Melvina. I don't see myself getting a better healer anytime soon. Except for if I perhaps get lucky when they introduce that healer someone linked here a while ago, but the odds of that happening are so low, I don't count on it.

It's a pretty good weapon. Might as well put it to use.

Merun

Wonder if I should put the Rank A Rod from Chapter 9 on Melvina. I don't see myself getting a better healer anytime soon. Except for if I perhaps get lucky when they introduce that healer someone linked here a while ago, but the odds of that happening are so low, I don't count on it.

Best rank A rod I heard of is from Adelle's chain story which is not included in global atm.

Rixa

One thing you might consider. Wait til V2 if possible. In V2 you can swap weapons between that character. Atleast Iam not putting any A weapons to anyone before V2 (hopefully) comes.

desverger

One thing you might consider. Wait til V2 if possible. In V2 you can swap weapons between that character. Atleast Iam not putting any A weapons to anyone before V2 (hopefully) comes.

Same here. I have a Wild Boar sitting in my box even though I could give it to Coro.

With the added possibility of having to equip weapons in upcoming demon raids, I'm quite worried of potentially "wasting" a weapon :p

But yeah, this event has been pretty great in getting my weapons better. I think almost everyone I use has a fully upgraded B-rank now.

Zhengi

I have to admit that while the weapon enhancers are great, this has been a pretty dull event. They should bring another raid out to liven things up.

At least One Piece Treasure Cruise has been great. Thanks for the suggestion.

Merun

I have to admit that while the weapon enhancers are great, this has been a pretty dull event. They should bring another raid out to liven things up.

At least One Piece Treasure Cruise has been great. Thanks for the suggestion.

I hope we get Selene's event soon. It's a point gathering event so it's a bit more hetic.
Today there is the Grief Scythe quests. Easy one.

desverger

I hope we get Selene's event soon. It's a point gathering event so it's a bit more hetic.
Today there is the Grief Scythe quests. Easy one.

Yeah that was an easy one. Surprised me, even though it was a lv39 one.

Funnily enough all the enemies are ice enemies.

The scythe is allright with the 10 attack, but I might sell it for a ring.

Rixa

I cant open it but it seems that link has some Gumi information as company.

https://www.techinasia.com/gumi-surprise-profit-loss/

Gumi reveals its expected $10.6M profit will be a $5M loss

The company attributed the loss to three main reasons. First, lower than expected revenue coming in from the overseas version of its hit game Brave Frontier. Further, Gumi noted that it had not been able to orchestrate the international publishing of its games on the schedule it had initially proposed.

Finally, aside from Brave Frontier, the firm’s other titles overseas did not grow as strongly asanticipated.

toneroni

Hey guys, hows this game?
I used to play a few card battling games and did the whole set up line account, join guilds and eventually run a top guild, rank high in events, buy/sell stuff on paypal etc but don't really have time for that anymore.

Looking for a mobile game that isn't a grind and huge time sink now.
Should I bother with this or move on?
Basically need something to play in bed if wifeys passed out and I can't sleep.

elty

This game is a grind but not a huge time sink- I usually just auto battle and it took like 10 minutes to use 8 hours worth of energy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any characters that increase loot drops? I'm only a beginner with 48SP and the daily quests are quite annoying and can suck up your SP quickly - they often aren't difficult, but need doing over and over to get all the chests.

Zhengi

Any characters that increase loot drops? I'm only a beginner with 48SP and the daily quests are quite annoying and can suck up your SP quickly - they often aren't difficult, but need doing over and over to get all the chests.

Try to roll a Nimpha or ask for some friend requests on here. Plenty of people with Nimpha on GAF.

desverger

There's Nimpha, who has a drop boost at level 60. It's a 30% boost, which means if a chest has a 50% chance to drop, she will boost it to 65%.

I usually run her as my lead, if you want to add me up I just made some room in my friends list. My id is 136,636,939.

Let me know your ingame name if you add me!

garath

There's Nimpha, who has a drop boost at level 60. It's a 30% boost, which means if a chest has a 50% chance to drop, she will boost it to 65%.

I usually run her as my lead, if you want to add me up I just made some room in my friends list. My id is 136,636,939.

Wow, you've ramped up quick :)

I sent an invite. I'm garath. My Lindsey is the best she can be with LB0.

Yeah that was an easy one. Surprised me, even though it was a lv39 one.

Funnily enough all the enemies are ice enemies.

The scythe is alright with the 10 attack, but I might sell it for a ring.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised with how easy it was. For comparison, I'm at the end of chapter six and the "level 29" are enemies way harder. I haven't been wiped yet but it's getting pretty close each time. I have no idea who to give the scythe to though.

I'm going to send an invite your way too if that's ok. A Nimpha accepted me last night and I instantly got all four chests on the Dusty blade challenge I'd been trying all day. They have removed me since though. Name is CoxGAF.

Anybody else having problems connecting?
Yeah it's very slow for me right now.

Rixa

I did login ^^ around 20min later than your problem. Didnt encounter any problems with 2 accounts.

Only constant problem is RNG and the awful drop rate of daily events chests (even with Nimpha friends).
I made a post to another forum about rings / my point of view as F2P and some future planning (considering to try max LB Sulstan & Frau)

You know, I made decision last week. That I do those weekly events / quests that give rings (as long as I can manage, high level quest maybe not). I need rings as much as I can get, Story & Free Quest can wait. Granted my main accounts story is in 9th chapter (9-7 done). But my alt account is at chap 3. There is no rush for Story, there is urgent rush for rings :).

But I do daily events too. Iam not doing Story or Free Quest if I have Daily / timely events to be done. If I have done them and I have AP left I do Story of Free Quests.

For example, yesterday I could only do 20 AP daily on my main account. It took 180 APs to get all chests and then it was time for me to slee. Today that 20 AP daily took 60 APs. So Iam thinking I can do 10 AP daily + spend some APs to Dusty.

Of course its only me since I dont have shitloads of rings and aiming targeted ring gatcha 5* are kinda only way to get 5* (outside of raids).

If you reader are on same boat than Iam. Start collecting rings, forget the story, forget the Free Quest, you can do them later. Every missed ring is missed ring.

Just my thoughts :).

desverger

Wow, you've ramped up quick :)

I sent an invite. I'm garath. My Lindsey is the best she can be with LB0.

I'm going to send an invite your way too if that's ok. A Nimpha accepted me last night and I instantly got all four chests on the Dusty blade challenge I'd been trying all day. They have removed me since though. Name is CoxGAF.

Added you both and someone with the name of "BK_GAF" that popped in my friends list overnight. My list is now full, but I'll let people know when I have spots again.

Apologies for the delay, had to sleep!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Thanks for the kind offer - just added you. My ID is 173,023,181 and I think I'm just Stan in the game (Mr klaw on Game Center)

Edit: just saw your post. If you get some space later can you add me?

added, K76Gaf! Thanks! :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just got a 3 star archer - emma - that seems a tiny bit better than my current Envy (really just because she might have a chance to restore AP after a quest). But Envy is now level 14.

Is it worth using Envy as a material to quickly level up Emma, or is it more efficient to sell her and just use normal enhancers on Emma?

desverger

added, K76Gaf! Thanks! :)

I just got a 3 star archer - emma - that seems a tiny bit better than my current Envy (really just because she might have a chance to restore AP after a quest). But Envy is now level 14.

Is it worth using Envy as a material to quickly level up Emma, or is it more efficient to sell her and just use normal enhancers on Emma?

Ok, made room for both of you guys.

I wouldn't really use other characters as fusion material, since enhancers provide vastly better exp. Especially 3* characters are better to be sold for rings, but I'm trying to keep a single copy of each, so I'm just selling duplicates I get. The only 3* I have LB'd is Haruaki since I run a warrior party.

And yeah, characters with gold boosts are great to keep for the weekend - they provide the gold boost even as subs, as far as I've understood.

Just took a stab at the lv48 War Sale quest. Definitely tougher but doable, now I'm just waiting for my AP to regen since I'm a doofus and spent all of mine earlier :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Envy gets a gold bonus. She is worth keeping for the weekend daily quest.

thanks. she got the grasshopper bow from the war sale though - if I use her to enhance emma will emma inherit that bow?

One more question - can you do the SP quests multiple times and still get the bonus for collecting all chests, or is that a one time thing?

Rixa

General rule for 3* character arcanas is. Either you use them to Limit Break (i.e. you enhance Envy with another Envy), or you sell it for 3 rings.

Its a bad thing to use 3* character as exp to another character, no good exp and you toss away 3 rings.

chrono01

One more question - can you do the SP quests multiple times and still get the bonus for collecting all chests, or is that a one time thing?
Dailies you can re-do [after they reset each day/week], but other than that you only get the bonus one time.

The new war sale quest isn't too bad. The final one has multiple waves of bosses [I think three?] but if you don't let them stack up and defeat them quickly it's easily managed. Deathtail looks like a nice scythe, not sure who I'll use it on.

Gizuko

Sigh, all my strong characters are fire users, I have failed twice already.
Couldn't they have made yesterday's quest the fire one? Geez.

garath

New Iris quest. This time it's harder. If you have ice damage, use it.

Yeah. I actually failed the final stage of it. 8 waves of pain. Granted I was on auto battle and didn't expect to lose but still.

I think I have an ice sword, but no one to give it to. I'll probably just brute force it as best I can.

desverger

Heh, I don't think I can complete that last stage of the quest. There's just so many bosses and my shitty Latty can't keep up at all. Really wish I had a better healer.

Gonna give it a try later, hopefully the RNG mana gods are more favorable next time. Not sure I want to revive either, I mean the reward is gonna sell for like 3 rings at most?

Top Bottom