• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Heh, I don't think I can complete that last stage of the quest. There's just so many bosses and my shitty Latty can't keep up at all. Really wish I had a better healer.

Gonna give it a try later, hopefully the RNG mana gods are more favorable next time. Not sure I want to revive either, I mean the reward is gonna sell for like 3 rings at most?

If it's a weapon, it'll still only sell for 1 ring despite being a gold reward.

Rixa

If it's a weapon, it'll still only sell for 1 ring despite being a gold reward.

And thats why I wont bother. Iam not sure I can manage it, not going to spend AP's to 1 ring when I still have dailies to finish + Dustys other quests.

desverger

Meh, might leave it then :p

Although I have to say it's fun to play out some more challenging content, where you need to micro the characters more. Obviously I don't desire the whole game to be like this, but it's a nice change to the autobattle-fest most other quests are.

Yaari

That weapon does not seem to be particularly good, or is it just me? I don't care about the gfx either. I think I'll stick with getting my rank up.

Longsword

That weapon does not seem to be particularly good, or is it just me? I don't care about the gfx either. I think I'll stick with getting my rank up.

Not as good as Grief Sword, but it has total 35 upgrades. The game has a lot of Blade users, so it was worth it for me. I used the following strategy to get it without Revives (YMMV):

Get High Lvl Barienna either own or a friend to bring in Mana and for the Shield Skill.

Go in with High Level Knights. The Mission has TONS of archers/Archer bosses.

Juliana in reserve boosting Attack for your party.

Bring 1-Mana Healer along as the bosses hit hard. The higher level, the better.

Bring as many Frost Weapons as you can. 2 Minimum.

Do not bring any Fire weapons/Wizards.

Whenever you are low on health, use Barienna, then heal. Barienna+Healer means that in most situations you can stem the damage at least a bit.

3rd Stage final wave is 3 Archer bosses, engage them ASAP.

At least 1 Mass Damage Skill is nice, especially if it is Frost Damage or Skill with a Status effect.

Yaari

Was super easy. But my team is way too good for the current content. Juliana and Philip in sub team gave a nice boost

Merun

Got the Deathtail without too much trouble. I had my use the ace team this time though. I'm glad I switched Adelle to Noel. Cuter and longer range heal. Heal over time isn't so bad either, especially if it's not a 1 mana heal.

garath

How troll. The second fake daily login bonus of the day (stupid bug) popped up with a premium ticket reward. The real one I got this morning was Arcana. :/

jerk game.

Haven't tried that level again. Will have to soon.

garath

Nice. Got the deathtail. No revives or anything. I just micro'd Merun's Lindsey, my Lindsey and my coro around my Melvina and managed to come out on top. I did struggle on the last wave though. Ran out of mana with the ogre having a speck of health left. Ended up with only Merun's Lindsey and Melvina left on the map with the 3 archer bosses. Just kited around healing Lindsey and taking them out lol.

It was amusing. Fun fight.

How troll. The second fake daily login bonus of the day (stupid bug) popped up with a premium ticket reward. The real one I got this morning was Arcana. :/

jerk game.

Haven't tried that level again. Will have to soon.

Same thing happened to me.

Got the deathnail, but had to use a revive. Figure if I'm saving my revives for anything, it might as well be a time limited event like this. That golem is just too fucking ridiculous. 4 different black army bosses at the same time are fine for me, but that one golem is just crazy.

garath

Same thing happened to me.

Got the deathnail, but had to use a revive. Figure if I'm saving my revives for anything, it might as well be a time limited event like this. That golem is just too fucking ridiculous. 4 different black army bosses at the same time are fine for me, but that one golem is just crazy.

Yeah. I agree with your thinking on the revive fruits. If I had any left, I wouldn't be afraid to use them for a limited event like this. Unfortunalty I've used all of mine on accident. Stupid yes button being too easy to fat finger. Lol.

garath

Yeah, sounds like I shouldn't even be wasting my AP attempting this one.

If it helps, my party is:

Lindsey lvl 60 w/ maxed Grief sword
Dusty lvl 50 w/ maxed volunteer sword
Coro lvl 51 w/ 3/4 filled wild boar
Melvina lvl 30 w/ maxed B level staff

and I used Merun's level 80 Lindsey w/ 9400 attack or something silly amazing like that.

For my party, the golems you need to micro a Lindsey with mana to avoid the bulk of the damage else they'll wreck the party. She's invulnerable while doing her attack. However, I've noticed the golems like to switch aggro so it's not as easy as it's been in the past.

Finally completed the last wave, the scythe is pretty useless though since i already have the grief sword and assasins blade.

Does anyone know when there will be an event wich gives a good healing weapon?

desverger

Yeah, I'm not gonna try and do the event. My team needs levels, currently they are too low generally. It doesn't help to have a single lv60 when my other characters are around 47-43 and I'm still using a Latty as my healer.

I'm just gonna focus on farming the dailies for now, if I get the 3* enhancer even once that's already made the day worth it.

I spent 20 prysma reviving the last section of that event. My party had an average level of around 38 so I think it went pretty good. The hardest part was the triclops thing. I was really carried by a Coro on my friendslist though. Needed to do a LOT of micro which was a nice change.

elty

Died at wave 4. That golem can kill a lv80 Lindsey in like 3 hit wtf. Only have 2 mana at wave 4 as I used a lot to keep my team afloat in wave 2/

Checked this game out. Seems cute. Just hit the energy wall, though, where they stop leveling you up fast enough to avoid it.

Questions about the micro transactions. Is it really $5 dollars for a random character?

Quixzlizx

Do you think it's a better idea to put Kain's Volunteer Sword on the MC, or on a second-tier party member like Toka? Because I'm eventually going to have the party cost to take MC out of my party.

Yaari

Do you think it's a better idea to put Kain's Volunteer Sword on the MC, or on a second-tier party member like Toka? Because I'm eventually going to have the party cost to take MC out of my party.

You want to be doing damage with Toka so I definitely wouldnt put it on her. As for MC, I guess you mean Hero? He's horrible and its a waste. I'd save it until you ever get something worth putting it on.

garath

Checked this game out. Seems cute. Just hit the energy wall, though, where they stop leveling you up fast enough to avoid it.

Questions about the micro transactions. Is it really $5 dollars for a random character?

Not at all. The summons rate in the game is really bad. I wouldn't spend real money at all.

Quixzlizx

You want to be doing damage with Toka so I definitely wouldnt put it on her. As for MC, I guess you mean Hero? He's horrible and its a waste. I'd save it until you ever get something worth putting it on.

Well, I have the Hero as a sub because my rank isn't high enough to have 5* across the board :p

The point is that I want to equip it right away because it provides an exp bonus. Or does it not work if it's equipped on a sub? I have already have extra swords in my inventory that rival the 8/8/8 stats of the Volunteer sword, so what I want is to equip it on a character that doesn't need anything better (like the Hero). I just know that eventually I'll rank up enough so that I'll be able to kick him out of my sub party.

Edit: Maybe I should put it on Juliana since she'll eventually become a sub anyway.

Yaari

Well, I have the Hero as a sub because my rank isn't high enough to have 5* across the board :p

The point is that I want to equip it right away because it provides an exp bonus. Or does it not work if it's equipped on a sub? I have already have extra swords in my inventory that rival the 8/8/8 stats of the Volunteer sword, so what I want is to equip it on a character that doesn't need anything better (like the Hero). I just know that eventually I'll rank up enough so that I'll be able to kick him out of my sub party.

Edit: Maybe I should put it on Juliana since she'll eventually become a sub anyway.

Did not know you had Juliana. Thats the best pick for that sword. Thats where mine went anyway.

Not at all. The summons rate in the game is really bad. I wouldn't spend real money at all.
I agree, spending real money just to get 3 fortune rings seems like a huge waste

Even getting a 4* or a 5* arcana can be useless when they don't fit in your team composition.

Azusa

I'm grinding last 3 free quest that I need to complete. And that all is left for me. Then its just a daily quest all day. So boring.

I hope Gumi releases a new chapter this month.

BJK

I'm grinding last 3 free quest that I need to complete. And that all is left for me. Then its just a daily quest all day. So boring.

I hope Gumi releases a new chapter this month.

I've been doing nothing but FR grinding the dailies & spending extra AP on the war sale....and I haven't been able to get the 4th chest on any of the week-longers. Did manage to get the silver scythe, but not death tail (wiped on the 2nd run...so I didn't even try to grind that out further.

On the plus side, I've pushed Deed to 45/60; trying to get my knight team ready for the next demon raid.

Elija2

Should I give my LB4 Melvina a Rank A weapon? I doubt I'll get a healer better than her anytime soon.

Then again, the only Rank A healer weapon I have puts most of the points on defence which is kinda useless for a healer.

Azusa

Should I give my LB4 Melvina a Rank A weapon? I doubt I'll get a healer better than her anytime soon.

Then again, the only Rank A healer weapon I have puts most of the points on defence which is kinda useless for a healer.

If it doesn't have at least 10 attack give it to her.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have 69 fortune rings so soon will get to 70 for the first time. What do I do then to avoid buying someone bad? My current lineup has three 4* characters (Elemia, Merheim and angelica) and the rest are 3* or even 2* (my healer Latty).

Not even sure I can afford to have a 5* character in my party with only 45 points available

Zhengi

I have 69 fortune rings so soon will get to 70 for the first time. What do I do then to avoid buying someone bad? My current lineup has three 4* characters (Elemia, Merheim and angelica) and the rest are 3* or even 2* (my healer Latty).

Not even sure I can afford to have a 5* character in my party with only 45 points available

Seems like the consensus is to wait for Sulstan and Lindsey for fortune rings.

I made it to the nine territories tavern over the weekend. I did a 10+1 pull earlier and at last I've had some good luck:

h81HRkD.png

I'm glad I saved the Deathtail now.

Rixa

Tomorrow perhaps new event and in one week + 1 day we should get raid.
Chain-chronicle-forum.com Predicting the fututre
^^ Check the December 2013 we are there now.

Of course it depends about Gumi.

Gumis latest respond to Coroproblems.

03-05-2015, 07:54 PM
[Update: Mar. 6 PST]

Dearest Captains,

Our sincerest apologies for the lack of updates on Coropatillon's Raid Event.

As it stands right now, our developers are still conducting the investigation. We have gathered all the feedback & suggestions from the community; this will definitely help us determine the best course of action once the investigation has been completed. We cannot guarantee a definite time for the next update, but rest assured that a statement will be released once it's complete.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

- Chain Chronicle Team

Yeah, DONT spend money to this game.

Yaari

Hope tomorrows event is fun. Game has been boring. Saw a screenshot of JPCC and the UI looks pretty cool in 2.0

desverger

If next weeks event is gonna be a high level event, I'm most likely gonna skip it and just focus on getting my character levels up with farming the enhancers every day.

Been doing the story this weekend and I'm almost done with it. It's kind of shocking how little of it there is of it, I have 4 stories left of Ch9 and that's it.

Also I've thrown my story prysma to Holy Capital tavern in the hopes of pulling at least a Melvina, with no luck so far. Only rings, rings and rings :p

I'm sitting on my 500 prysma otherwise and I should most likely hold on to it before v2 hits, but the lack of a decent healer is killing me.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Aren't a ton of the chain story levels based on 4&5* characters? I only have the Slay one open to me at the moment, can't imagine how long it'd take to open all of them. All this talk of the game being short sounds odd to me.

johnsmith

remember me
Aren't a ton of the chain story levels based on 4&5* characters? I only have the Slay one open to me at the moment, can't imagine how long it'd take to open all of them. All this talk of the game being short sounds odd to me.

Because there's no good way to get access to those 4 and 5* characters without spending real money, which most of us aren't going to do when the drop rates are utter crap, and they're so stingy with their daily rewards. You're lucky to get 10 prysma once a week.

desverger

I was talking only about the main story, at least. The chain stories are something else, but you'll have to be lucky to pull a character associated with them, and I think there's only a few of them at the moment. Slay, Lolleta, Karen? I can't recall everyone from the top of my head :p

Gotta say though, the rewards from Slay's chain story were pretty great.

Rixa

I was talking only about the main story, at least. The chain stories are something else, but you'll have to be lucky to pull a character associated with them, and I think there's only a few of them at the moment. Slay, Lolleta, Karen? I can't recall everyone from the top of my head :p

Gotta say though, the rewards from Slay's chain story were pretty great.

Alvert 4* Knight, chain story gives 2 tix & Phoena too (if you dont have her, or its your 4th chain story). Of course you get rings as reward (5 total?).

But yeah as F2P its a pain to get them. Ive done Slays & Alvert on my alt and main account has done Slays.

On wednesday 11.3 there is going to be another 7h maintenance. Hopefully they atleast give stamina fruits for compensation. If not, going to do another ticket again...

Top Bottom