• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

I'm sitting on my 500 prysma otherwise and I should most likely hold on to it before v2 hits, but the lack of a decent healer is killing me.
Is my Celeya helpful at all? She's level 45 now and can go up to 55. Her range sucks so I tend to let enemies walk forward a bit before going in. She has pretty much carried me up to chapter 8 with her heal though.

Also I forgot to say thanks for lending me your Nimpha, she's been a huge help for the dailies cheers.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Are archers useful or are they interchangeable with mages? I just got another 4* Mage so now I have two - Elemia and Merheim. So would I be better off ditching my archers and just using those two mages, to keep mana simpler?

I'm also not a fan of Knights either, so unless they are particularly good against some enemy types I think I'll just go with soldiers and mages? And Elemia means I can quite often go without a healer too.

Edit: just got lucana too - another 4* Mage. Game seems to be telling me what to do :)

Edit2: just finished slay's chain story - nice rewards there too. Now I'm short on points (45) to be able to have a party with all these guys in it

Can I get some advice on party formation? I have 45 points and the following characters

- soldiers:
Stan 3* as my protagonist (didn't know about re rolling until now so urrgh)
Angelica 4*
Zygmunt 3*

- Mage
Elemia 4* (she seems a keeper with her mana power)
Merheim 4*
Lucana 4*

- healer
Latty 2* (only healer I had)
Phonea 5*

- knight
Robby 3*
Thomas 3*

- archer
Emma 3*
Envy 3*

Is it ok to run a smaller team to get more powerful ones in your main lineup? Eg only one or no subs?

desverger

Is my Celeya helpful at all? She's level 45 now and can go up to 55. Her range sucks so I tend to let enemies walk forward a bit before going in. She has pretty much carried me up to chapter 8 with her heal though.

Also I forgot to say thanks for lending me your Nimpha, she's been a huge help for the dailies cheers.

No worries, thanks for the Arcana Coins as well!

I'm most likely gonna give your Celeya a spin when we get the next batch of hard content. I could actually field 4 relatively strong warriors atm, so a healer friend could be helpful in that case.

chrono01

Tomorrow perhaps new event and in one week + 1 day we should get raid.
Chain-chronicle-forum.com Predicting the fututre
^^ Check the December 2013 we are there now.

Of course it depends about Gumi.

Gumis latest respond to Coroproblems.

Yeah, DONT spend money to this game.
Why do I get the feeling that they're simply waiting things out in the hopes that everything will settle down? It won't with me. I never forget.

I'll still play but never "pay". I'm done giving Gumi any of my money.

BJK

Can I get some advice on party formation? I have 45 points and the following characters

- soldiers:
Stan 3* as my protagonist (didn't know about re rolling until now so urrgh)
Angelica 4*
Zygmunt 3*

- Mage
Merheim 4*
Lucana 4*

- healer
Latty 2* (only healer I had)
Phonea 5*

- knight
Robby 3*
Thomas 3*

- archer
Emma 3*
Envy 3*

Is it ok to run a smaller team to get more powerful ones in your main lineup? Eg only one or no subs?

My recommendation...to be taken with a grain of salt:

Angelica (4* = 12 points)
Dusty (2* = 4 points)
Latty (4 points)
Elemia (12 points)
----
Nicky (3* = 8 points)
Stan / Hero (0 points)

Comes out to 40 points. By the time you get to 56 points, you can replace the hero with Phoena, who (eventually) gets a passive boost skill while in the sub-party. Nicky's XP boost means any party you build will level faster (& is temporary, since you won't need XP when your party maxes out).

Dusty & Latty can be MLB'd easily from free quests (if you haven't already), and their stats are decent for a cost-capped team. Your team is still rainbow...so I'm not sure this is a best-case team going forward. (Having Elemia's skill would at least make it easier to get by if you miss out on healing mana.)
If you don't want to use Dusty, Harukai (3* soldier) is a free quest reward...and would still fit at 44 points.

Couldn't recommend the mages...since two of your 4*s have ice weapon skills...both of them together will struggle against ice teams. I also don't have enough good mages to even try a Mage squad...so I'm out of my depth with them.

To answer your other question: how often do you actually have someone on your team fall in battle? By the time the main party starts dropping in demon raids...your subs won't last that much longer. I'd say it's better to stack the deck, because you'll eventually have enough points to have a full party.

Are you pay- or free-playing? Hard to recommend a Mage team to a free player....even if you have a head start.
(I have a solid knight team....and I think I may still flip to soldiers if I can MLB Sullistan in a few months.)

Merun

My crystal ball was right. White Day event. Yoshitsugu is up for recruitment with a 5 times rate up. Now since it's Gimu, there is one thing which isn't clear. Is it a 5x rate up across the entire pool, or amongst UR, which is just doubled? Still, if you live dangerously, Yoshitsugu is a strong warrior. Just get some healer ready for him.

Ael Gloom raid should be next week and will conclude the events from the November 2013 of JPCC. December of JPCC added the best healer and best buffer of the game as well as chapter 10. We won't get the Christmas event though since it is already done.

Are archers useful or are they interchangeable with mages? I just got another 4* Mage so now I have two - Elemia and Merheim. So would I be better off ditching my archers and just using those two mages, to keep mana simpler?

I'm also not a fan of Knights either, so unless they are particularly good against some enemy types I think I'll just go with soldiers and mages? And Elemia means I can quite often go without a healer too.

Edit: just got lucana too - another 4* Mage. Game seems to be telling me what to do :)

Edit2: just finished slay's chain story - nice rewards there too. Now I'm short on points (45) to be able to have a party with all these guys in it

It's ok to run smaller team. Archer are not interchangeable with mages. Archer in v1 are pretty bad DPS, mage can nuke the screen. However, they are good buffer. Good archers are Farling, Sasha, and the best, Musika, should arrive next month. V2 will change this of course and will add the gunner subclass to archerss.

Among 4* mage, not many are remarkable except Elemia and Roxanna. One for the heal, the other for the buff. Other mages are DPS and shouldn't be discarded so easily if you want to make a mage team because getting UR mage is still no trivial matter. Ice damage can be an issue against ice team, but so far elemental enemies has been rare imo.

desverger

My crystal ball was right. White Day event. Yoshitsugu is up for recruitment with a 5 times rate up. Now since it's Gimu, there is one thing which isn't clear. Is it a 5x rate up across the entire pool, or amongst UR, which is just doubled? Still, if you live dangerously, Yoshitsugu is a strong warrior. Just get some healer ready for him.

Ael Gloom raid should be next week and will conclude the events from the November 2013 of JPCC. December of JPCC added the best healer and best buffer of the game as well as chapter 10. We won't get the Christmas event though since it is already done.

The way I read it, is that Yoshitsugu himself has a 5X base rate - so around 8,5%, while all other UR have 2X the base rate - 3,4%. These are only in the special recruitment and all tavern recruiting is unaffected.

Disclaimer: those rates assume the normal UR rate to be 1,7%.

Azusa

5 rolls: Alvert and four 3*
Not bad. 22 rings for 250 prysma. Could be worse.

Also I managed to farm some more blade enchanters while previous event was active and maxed my Lindsey Grief Sword. Finally!

Rixa

Main account did 2 pulls: Slay & Alvert.
Nice thing is that I didnt have Alvert on main, so chain story quest which gives 2 premium tickets.

Alt account did 4 pulls:
3* Dodogher (soldier), 3* Tornado (soldier), 3* Rhynel (knight), 4* Sakon (soldier)
3 new arcanas for me (Rhynel I have had) and rings. Prolly going to keep Sakon, but dunno if I do anything with him.

i spent some of yesterday rolling an alt account. Got a Lolleta and Bernadette in my first 2 pulls. I am thinking of grabbing my Transfer info and trying to reroll for Yosh

Salex_

2 pulls, 2 3*s. Seems pointless to finish a Prysma quest so I can pull again. It looks like I'm going to be stuck with 3-4 decent units that are already max lvl/weapons. My last 10 pulls were 9 3*s and a weak 4* Knight. These rates are a joke.

v2.0, please hurry and save this game.

Yaari

I don't like that we're now seeing new events on Tuesdays because Gumi ruined the rotation with their maintenance, lol.

Yaari

No rolls here, waiting for Lilith. I plan to keep my goal of not spending anything on this game again, but I do want her.

rolled a random 3* and Danny so i have him and audette as my spear users if a demon spear event comes along

quick question. My katya currently has a liberation, would it be better if she had a fire or ice sword?

Rixa

rolled a random 3* and Danny so i have him and audette as my spear users if a demon spear event comes along

quick question. My katya currently has a liberation, would it be better if she had a fire or ice sword?

My Katya has Liberation and Iam avoiding to add Ice / Fire sword to any of my units. You never know when the wrong weapon raid / event comes and you do shit damage.

As for weapons I see ice/fire weapons as rings.

Of course this might change in V2 where you might change weapons character is wielding, but as for now in this game dont change. Its so much better to have neutral unit damage dealer.

Quixzlizx

I just restarted like 6 or 7 times to get one of my lvl 60 Nimpha friends to show up on the list. After the third time, it was solely out of stubborn spite.

I ended up getting both spear enhancers from the war sale.

Quixzlizx

I'm on fire with the event gacha RNG. Decided to use my one premium ticket in the event gacha, and pulled Yoshitsugu. And this is after I managed to pull Juliana during the demon raid.

I'm not sure what to do with him, although I'm reading that he's pretty badass.

Is there some cheating RNG bullshit with the daily quest chests? It always seems like there's one chest that is a pain in the fucking ass to get. Doing the 20AP mage daily and I can't get the second wooden chest, no matter how many times I try with a lvl 60 Nimpha friend.

Is there some cheating RNG bullshit with the daily quest chests? It always seems like there's one chest that is a pain in the fucking ass to get. Doing the 20AP mage daily and I can't get the second wooden chest, no matter how many times I try with a lvl 60 Nimpha friend.

RNG is RNG :( also just found out Isaiah and Nymphia doesnt stack

Rixa

I'm on fire with the event gacha RNG. Decided to use my one premium ticket in the event gacha, and pulled Yoshitsugu. And this is after I managed to pull Juliana during the demon raid.

I'm not sure what to do with him, although I'm reading that he's pretty badass.

I decided that I use my 2 premium tix when I finish Alverts story at STT and not from Event Gacha (since the chances of getting something good are so small).

Well I just finished Alvert (that I acquired yesterday from 2 event pulls, how irony) Chain Story Quest. Got 2 tix and as "revenge" made 2 pulls at Sage Tower Tavern for hope of _maybe_ getting second 4* Rebecca to LB.

No Rebeccas ;(

First pull \o/ \o/ \o/
CCKaren.PNG

CCKaren2.PNG
To get Chain Story Quest character when using premium ticket you get from finishing another CSQ.

(2nd Pull was Inuchiyo).

RNG is RNG :( also just found out Isaiah and Nymphia doesnt stack

Sometimes you get it on one run. Last week most of those 20 AP daily quests took over 120 AP to finish. RNG :(.

desverger

I'm gonna keep at least one copy of Aelle Gloon myself too. 5* wand user for the upcoming wand raid :p

Hopefully we'll get the raid next week. This week I'm just finishing the story and farming dailies. My Deed is at level 42, most likely getting her close to 50 before the next raid.

Yaari

Again no new event. Are they saving it til after maintenance or something? They are ruining the scheduling entirely, lol. From new Events on Monday, we are now looking at Wednesday, because their weird maintenace scheduling.

Rixa

Time to make alt account if you dont have it. Update for Coro raid:

Update:
[Update: Mar. 10 PST]

Dearest Captains,

Thank you very much for your patience regarding updates on the Coropatillion raid event.

Our developers have investigated all aspects of the event thoroughly, and have not found any major issues with the event when comparing it to the Japanese release. However, the team acknowledges the concerns raised by players, thus a special event where Coropatillion can be obtained as a "quest clear reward" will be opened VERY SOON. More details will be released as the event period nears.

Thank you for your feedback & continued support Captains!

- Chain Chronicle Team

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I got an iOS notification saying something about an event wih a goo.gl link but when I clicked on it, it just launched the game and then disappeared. Nothing about it in the app news...

Rixa

That was the point, if youre planning to get alt account.

Now is good time, reroll so long that you get 5* Yoshigutsu and 4* Yoshikage, ofc that needs _a lot of_ luck and rerolls :). Also you can get Coro (assuming its nothing like level 100 quest event).

If youre not interested for alt account then yeah forget what I said.

Verelios

YOLO'ed at the event gacha and wasted 5 pulls. Got a 5 star (old man from Nine Territories) but his skill seems annoying with mana usage, not to mention I run a knight team...so lol.

My Prysm are now at exactly 0. I said I wouldn't play around after the Raid fiasco but I got swept up in the white day craze orz.

Actually is it worth making an alt account, rerolling until you get a good character, and then friending yourself?

I did exactly that. Unfortunately, my alt account is now fuxxored thanks to some weird account bug introduced in v1.1.3 that seems to hit some Samsung devices. I haven't logged in on that account in two weeks.

chrono01

Time to make alt account if you dont have it. Update for Coro raid:
So they still refuse admit that there was a problem? Okay, whatever you say, Gumi. :/

Glad they're at least doing something, though. That's unless they make the event quest super-difficult which results in the spending of Revival Fruit/Prysma to even complete...

garath

So they still refuse admit that there was a problem? Okay, whatever you say, Gumi. :/

Glad they're at least doing something, though. That's unless they make the event quest super-difficult which results in the spending of Revival Fruit/Prysma to even complete...

Reading between the lines says "It was also screwed up in Japan so we're fine".

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Now I have the following Mages
Merheim 4*
Lucana 4*
Rebecca 4*

Seems overkill so which should I sell? Thinking maybe to keep Elemia for the HP recover, and Merheim's ice seems quite effective against fire enemies. Should I sell the other two?

Also got dusty so I'm going to LB him (already done Latty)

Hmm LB1 Vorg or LB0 Oguma?

Hmmm not sure. Do the raids ever happen on a wasteland for Oguma? His 10% percent chance to inflict daze on a critical seems like low odds but I have one on my friendslist who actually procs it fairly frequently. His ATK also seems higher than the average 4*.

I have no experience with Vorg.

Just pulled a 4* Arrietta from the white day gacha.
Pretty wierd since the news post of the event says that only male characters can be obtained, she also doesn't appear on the recruit list.

Top Bottom