• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

mrtoffee

Hmmm not sure. Do the raids ever happen on a wasteland for Oguma? His 10% percent chance to inflict daze on a critical seems like low odds but I have one on my friendslist who actually procs it fairly frequently. His ATK also seems higher than the average 4*.

I have no experience with Vorg.

Vorg is better against dragons and longer waves. He's a rather good 4-star guy; I put the recent Deathtail on him. No luck LMB him though....

Fishious

Is it worth doing the dailies for enhancers even if you'll be using them on a different class?

Using enhancers on a different class still gives 90% xp compared to the correct class. If you don't care about the fortune rings from dailies I believe "The Spark of Battle" free quest in Flame Sprite Colony has a better xp per AP ratio.

Elija2

Using enhancers on a different class still gives 90% xp compared to the correct class. If you don't care about the fortune rings from dailies I believe "The Spark of Battle" free quest in Flame Sprite Colony has a better xp per AP ratio.

Yeah, that's my go-to quest for grinding, I was just wondering if maybe the dailies would be good for grinding too. I guess not.

Oreoleo

I haven't played this game long enough to know what the scheduled server maintenance is like. The details in the news post for the one happening ~22 hours from now says I should log out of the app before it happens, is that necessary? Or do they mean just don't have the app open so you won't lose progress? I also thought I read something about linking your Facebook account so I don't lose my progress somehow? Not necessarily for server maint. but just in general. This seems super unnecessary for a game that won't let you do anything unless you're connected to the cloud. Would love a little insight from someone.

Rixa

I haven't played this game long enough to know what the scheduled server maintenance is like. The details in the news post for the one happening ~22 hours from now says I should log out of the app before it happens, is that necessary? Or do they mean just don't have the app open so you won't lose progress? I also thought I read something about linking your Facebook account so I don't lose my progress somehow? Not necessarily for server maint. but just in general. This seems super unnecessary for a game that won't let you do anything unless you're connected to the cloud. Would love a little insight from someone.

If youre playing when maintenance starts, you lose APs (if youre in quest). So its better to avoid playing near starting of maintenance.

My main account is linked to Facebook, my alt account is not linked, tho I should make dummy FB profile just for these games.

Being linked to FB gives you the possibility to play from other devices when you log in with fb account.

I think SoB give better overall xp (for whole team) and best xp for a single Soldier. Other classes get better xp for a single character with there dailies.

Trying to do the math of this tells me there is no way SoB give as much single character xp as the rookie daily.
SoB 8ap 450xp (472 with volunteer sword)
1 first chest is 65% drop rate 2* Marga (1035 xp to soldier, 2185 xp if lv2)
2 chest is 40 % drop for arcana (worth no xp unless you pull which could we will leave out)
3 chest is 40% drop rate 2* Yoko? (1035 xp to soldier, 2185 if lv2)
4 chest is 100% drop rate 1* enhance (2960 xp to soldier)

if RNG is consistent we should be able to multiply the xp gain by their drop rate
1035 x .65= 672
-
1035 x .4 = 414
2960 x 1 = 2960

plus 450 from the normal run
450+672+414+2960= 4496/8= 562
Nimpha 450+874+538+947=4822/8= 602

daily xp rookie

150 XP
default | with nimpa (1.3)
2960 x 1. = 2960|2960
2960 x .45 = 1332|1731
-
10780 x .15 = 1617|2102

150+2960+1332+1617=6059/10 = 606xp/ap for a single character
150+2960+1731+2102=6943/10 = 694xp/ap for a single character

am i totally wrong with the math on this?

Fishious

I think SoB give better overall xp (for whole team) and best xp for a single Soldier. Other classes get better xp for a single character with there dailies.

Trying to do the math of this tells me there is no way SoB give as much single character xp as the rookie daily.

SoB 8ap 450xp (472 with volunteer sword)
1 first chest is 100% drop rate 2* Marga (1035 xp to soldier, 2185 xp if lv2)
2 chest is 45 % drop for arcana (worth no xp unless you pull which could we will leave out)
3 chest is 20% drop rate 2* Yoko? (1035 xp to soldier, 2185 if lv2)
4 chest is 15% drop rate 1* enhance (2960 xp to soldier)

if RNG is consistent we should be able to mulitply the xp gain by their drop rate
1035 x 1.= 1035
-
1035 x .2 = 207
2960 x .15 = 444

plus 450 from the normal run
450+1035+207+444= 2136/8=267

daily xp is
150 for basic run
2096 x 1. = 2096
2096 x .45 = 1332
-
10780 x .15 = 1617
150+2096+1332+1617=5195/10 = 519xp/ap for a single character

am i totally wrong with the math on this?

I think your math is right, but I went over it pretty quick. I'm also assuming your drop rates are correct. In that case you're absolutely correct that the beginner daily wins out in terms of single character xp (no idea about intermediate and I'm sure you'd have to use the 3* enhancer rather than sell). I believe Spark of Battle only has the edge when you're leveling a full party + subs and you're enhancing warriors/ the current daily is also off class.

I'm curious how things stack up once we start taking Nimpha/Volunteer Sword/Nicky into account, but I think that's a headache for another time.

I think your math is right, but I went over it pretty quick. I'm also assuming your drop rates are correct. In that case you're absolutely correct that the beginner daily wins out in terms of single character xp (no idea about intermediate and I'm sure you'd have to use the 3* enhancer rather than sell). I believe Spark of Battle only has the edge when you're leveling a full party + subs and you're enhancing warriors/ the current daily is also off class.

I'm curious how things stack up once we start taking Nimpha/Volunteer Sword/Nicky into account, but I think that's a headache for another time.

adding nimpha changed the drop rates by 30%
daily changes to
First chest is 100%|100%
Second chest is 45%|58.5%
Third chest is 20%|26%
Fourth chest is 15%|19.5%

i fucked up though the free quest have a different empircal drop than the dailies.

Fishious

adding nimpha changed the drop rates by 30%
daily changes to
First chest is 100%|100%
Second chest is 45%|58.5%
Third chest is 20%|26%
Fourth chest is 15%|19.5%

i fucked up though the free quest have a different empircal drop than the dailies.

I'd seen the drop rate analysis on the dailies with/without Nimpha, but couldn't find the data on The Spark of Battle, just the supposed xp/ap ratio people had posted so I figured you had a source on the drop rates. Don't sweat it though.

Regarding Nimpha and friends I was thinking more along the lines of: For people who have access to Nimpha, the Volunteer Sword, Nicky, and perhaps any other buffs how does this affect the xp/ap ratio for different daily/free quests. But now that I think about it, the xp gains from Nimpha's enhanced drop rate probably dwarf those of Nicky/Volunteer Sword assuming you don't actually care about leveling Nicky/whoever has the Volunteer Sword.

I'd look into this more if I actually knew where to find good data regarding drop rates.

I'd seen the drop rate analysis on the dailies with/without Nimpha, but couldn't find the data on The Spark of Battle, just the supposed xp/ap ratio people had posted so I figured you had a source on the drop rates. Don't sweat it though.

Regarding Nimpha and friends I was thinking more along the lines of: For people who have access to Nimpha, the Volunteer Sword, Nicky, and perhaps any other buffs how does this affect the xp/ap ratio for different daily/free quests. But now that I think about it, the xp gains from Nimpha's enhanced drop rate probably dwarf those of Nicky/Volunteer Sword assuming you don't actually care about leveling Nicky/whoever has the Volunteer Sword.

I'd look into this more if I actually knew where to find good data regarding drop rates.
I found and added +nimpa rates. Which demolish any benefits of volunteer sword.
450*1.05 = 472.

Whole group xp gain per ap + single person xp for either is

SoB
450|472 6= 2700 | 2832
2700 | 2832 / 8 = 338 | 354
total party xp for SoB
284 | 351 + 338 | 354 = 622 | 705/Ap

Daily
150|157 x 6 = 900 | 942
900 | 942 / 10 ap = 90 | 94/ap
606 | 694 + 90 | 94 = 696 | 788 AP

I didn't really check the math, but the last chest in SoB is a near 100% drop rate. The last chest also has the 1* enhancer.

i guess i dont have good empirical evidence of the drop rates for SoB. Im going to run SoB only for the next couple days and mark all my drops for math stuff. going to revise the chart to reflext the 100% drop of the last chest. If i change the last chest to 100, it looks like it gets super close to the daily rookie xp/ap if either of the 2* cards have better rates than i find in the next couple days it will be close. You also get more player rank and could have a chance to rank up and play more which would give the edge to SoB. With no event i am kind of bored with the game anyway and need to level up my katya to 60 and Danny to a decent level.

Rixa

PSA: Maintenance in around 10h time. Lasts ~7h or more.

Hopefully they wont start it earlier, so I can burn my AP when I wake before maintenance break.

lankelink

Neo Member
I'm using Preliminary Contest for leveling up. I don't have yet a maxed team, so I prefer to level up the fulll party and rank up faster. Also, I have Ibuki with the Volunteer's sword (+15% exp) as my leader, and Nicky in the sub. That makes +25%, +35% if I use a Nicky friend.

Preliminary Contest is then 750 exp (810 with Nicky friend) for 8 AP, plus 600 exp for rank. Also, fourth chest is a 2 star soldier.

I only do dailies for rings. They are frustrating enough, I don't want to run them for levels too.

I'm using Preliminary Contest for leveling up. I don't have yet a maxed team, so I prefer to level up the fulll party and rank up faster. Also, I have Ibuki with the Volunteer's sword (+15% exp) as my leader, and Nicky in the sub. That makes +25%, +35% if I use a Nicky friend.

Preliminary Contest is then 750 exp (810 with Nicky friend) for 8 AP, plus 600 exp for rank. Also, fourth chest is a 2 star soldier.

I only do dailies for rings. They are frustrating enough, I don't want to run them for levels too.

PSA: Spark of Battle, gives you a guaranteed Enchancer 1 drop which is 2960xp, if you're grinding pure rank prelimary contest is better though.

Btw is it just me or is the dailies slowly creeping up on what time they should end/start. I remember about 2 months ago they started at 2:00pm PST, around 3-3:30 this month, and last i checked today 430pm the new one isnt up yet.

Fishious

Btw is it just me or is the dailies slowly creeping up on what time they should end/start. I remember about 2 months ago they started at 2:00pm PST, around 3-3:30 this month, and last i checked today 430pm the new one isnt up yet.

I don't think so? Currently dailies should swap over to the next day 1 hour later due to the daylight savings time change (assuming you are somewhere with DST), but I remember them being pretty constant otherwise. I think daily reset should be at 5 PST right now.

So, my phone updated to 5.0.

And I guess that broke this game, cause now it won't load past the initial screen as it says the app closed itself.

Oh well, maybe I'll start in the JP version ~_~

Rixa

^^
Krauser Kat, what arcana are you talking about?

RNG loves me with AP usage. Last time there was maintenance it took 240 AP to get intermediate daily done. Today after maintenance I have used 70 AP to get rookie daily done. Sofar with little success, only 2 first chest acquired, missing 3rd & 4th chest.

All runs are made with friend Nimpha. I can understand that I would miss one chest but nope, still looking 2 missing chests. Well next try in 1½ hours time.

Rixa

At first i was like WTF was that outfit, this game makes me sad sometimes. The all enemey slow dance maybe useful though so i am leaving her around for a bit.

Hoh yeah, I dont do pulls from Holy city. 2 mana and I think its 10 seconds long (not sure about this). If you have room, keep her, there might be the time when she is useful.

elty

So who should get the volunteer's staff.... I guess Pheona?

I am wondering if Sega will add more offensive healer.... then we can run a full cleric team just for giggle.

Gizuko

So who should get the volunteer's staff.... I guess Pheona?

I am wondering if Sega will add more offensive healer.... then we can run a full cleric team just for giggle.

http://chainchronicle.gamerch.com/Hope of Darkness Licht

There actually are some pretty fun mono-cleric comps in JPCC. Still, he is a collab character, so don't hold your breath (although this one might have a higher chance of getting in, since he is still in the holy capital, even after the event ended).

desverger

Getting proper trolled by the 2nd chest in the 20AP daily now. I'm pretty used to it being rather consistent for me, but for two days in a row, that thing has had like a 20% drop rate :p

Got no problem getting the last chest 3 times in a row just now, though!

Aki-at

Getting proper trolled by the 2nd chest in the 20AP daily now. I'm pretty used to it being rather consistent for me, but for two days in a row, that thing has had like a 20% drop rate :p

Got no problem getting the last chest 3 times in a row just now, though!

I spent 120APs just trying to get that rotten 4th chest!

Sitting on a 140 rings, does anyone know when we're going to get Sulstan?

garath

Hopefully soon. Realistically May according to the JP release schedule.

I have 316 if I sell my 2 Alverts, Millagan and Katarith. I'm nearly ready for him. But then still need more to LB my Lindsey when she comes around again. :(

Gizuko

Guys, I need some help.

I'm torn between keeping a 3 mages+cleric team, or going mage+soldier+cleric. For the upcoming raid, I'm planning on getting Ael Gloom LB2-3, I don't plan to get Sulstan (I don't have enough rings to get Sulstan AND Frau), and I don't have Lindsey, but I just got Yoshikage from the White Day gacha.
Right now, I'm rolling with Karen, Febrya, Melvina and either Minimo or Bilgitto, but I could end up with Karen, Yoshikage, Coro and Melvina.

Are soldiers really that much better if I'm not planning on getting Sulstan? 3-mana teams aren't that bad to handle (I'm running Mage-knight-cleric in JPCC), but Coro and Yoshikage are lvl1 right now, so it feels like a chore to level them.

desverger

Hehe, I have exactly 140 rings as well. What coincidence.

Sulstan might be a few months away still. Hopefully there'll be at least two demon raids before that or when he's available.

Aki-at

Hopefully soon. Realistically May according to the JP release schedule.

I have 316 if I sell my 2 Alverts, Millagan and Katarith. I'm nearly ready for him. But then still need more to LB my Lindsey when she comes around again. :(

I'm thinking I should have another at least 120 rings from now to May so I might be able to JUST get him to LB3. But it would help a lot if we just got another Demon Raid event :/

Hehe, I have exactly 140 rings as well. What coincidence.

Sulstan might be a few months away still. Hopefully there'll be at least two demon raids before that or when he's available.

Ha send me some of that luck!

I'm really hoping so, I end up with about 70 - 100 rings from the last two demon raids, getting that many again would help me LB4 Sulstan and Lindsey when they come around.

marrec

Banned
So I broke and rolled on this gatcha event and got Fan-Fan who doesn't seem like a bad grab actually considering the theoretical spear based event coming up.

Other than that though, I dunno if I'm going to be spending anymore Prysma anytime soon. I have four 5* soldiers (counting Coro) and Juliana. Right now I'm just going to keep building my rank until I can fit them all together.

Rixa

So I broke and rolled on this gatcha event and got Fan-Fan who doesn't seem like a bad grab actually considering the theoretical spear based event coming up.

Youre kinda hurry if you want to use spear user in raid. If Gumi goes with JPCC, we should get Spear raid on next monday = under 3 days. And remember, when raid is on, there is better rate for great success, also daily rewards should be doubled.

marrec

Banned
Youre kinda hurry if you want to use spear user in raid. If Gumi goes with JPCC, we should get Spear raid on next monday = under 3 days. And remember, when raid is on, there is better rate for great success, also daily rewards should be doubled.

I'm hoping that I can get my spear based group up to at least 15-20 by Monday and then ride it from there which SHOULD be possible. Really though I'm just counting on GUMI fucking up the release :lol

Top Bottom