• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Yaari

I don't see them getting any of those licensed collabs. That's pretty difficult to create with licensing and such. I have zero expectations for any of that.

I would like Gumi to fix this game on Lollipop already otherwise once I get deep enough into the JP version, I'm probably not going to look back.

Merun

Guys, I need some help.

I'm torn between keeping a 3 mages+cleric team, or going mage+soldier+cleric. For the upcoming raid, I'm planning on getting Ael Gloom LB2-3, I don't plan to get Sulstan (I don't have enough rings to get Sulstan AND Frau), and I don't have Lindsey, but I just got Yoshikage from the White Day gacha.
Right now, I'm rolling with Karen, Febrya, Melvina and either Minimo or Bilgitto, but I could end up with Karen, Yoshikage, Coro and Melvina.

Are soldiers really that much better if I'm not planning on getting Sulstan? 3-mana teams aren't that bad to handle (I'm running Mage-knight-cleric in JPCC), but Coro and Yoshikage are lvl1 right now, so it feels like a chore to level them.

Soldiers are the goto team for most of the game because they have higher attack speed, higher crit rate. However this will change in V2. Other classes will get some nice buff, while I don't remember anything happening to soldier, except that they will stagger when hit by a projectile ( like current knights ).

Still, a rainbow team will be possible with one of the ring character after Sulstan, Flaw. She slow down the mana slot, allowing you to pick the mana you actually need to sustain your team.

So I broke and rolled on this gatcha event and got Fan-Fan who doesn't seem like a bad grab actually considering the theoretical spear based event coming up.

Other than that though, I dunno if I'm going to be spending anymore Prysma anytime soon. I have four 5* soldiers (counting Coro) and Juliana. Right now I'm just going to keep building my rank until I can fit them all together.

Fan-fan is a good knight. His one mana skill makes him quite tanky.

desverger

Well, finished the story, or rather what's available from it at the moment. Guess I'll spend the weekend farming random prysma quests and hope there's a demon raid next monday :p

Gizuko

Soldiers are the goto team for most of the game because they have higher attack speed, higher crit rate. However this will change in V2. Other classes will get some nice buff, while I don't remember anything happening to soldier, except that they will stagger when hit by a projectile ( like current knights ).

Still, a rainbow team will be possible with one of the ring character after Sulstan, Flaw. She slow down the mana slot, allowing you to pick the mana you actually need to sustain your team..

Mmmmm I guess leveling them is not a waste then, even if I dilute my mana pool. I don't think I'll be leveling them untill after the next raid, though, unless I max Febrya/Audette during the raid.

And yes, it's because of Flaw (didn't think they'd use that over Frau, given the meaning of Flaw) that I'm skipping Sulstan, I don't think I will be able to hoard ~700FR by then - even if I skip Lindsey.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Guys, I need some help.

I'm torn between keeping a 3 mages+cleric team, or going mage+soldier+cleric. For the upcoming raid, I'm planning on getting Ael Gloom LB2-3, I don't plan to get Sulstan (I don't have enough rings to get Sulstan AND Frau), and I don't have Lindsey, but I just got Yoshikage from the White Day gacha.
Right now, I'm rolling with Karen, Febrya, Melvina and either Minimo or Bilgitto, but I could end up with Karen, Yoshikage, Coro and Melvina.

Are soldiers really that much better if I'm not planning on getting Sulstan? 3-mana teams aren't that bad to handle (I'm running Mage-knight-cleric in JPCC), but Coro and Yoshikage are lvl1 right now, so it feels like a chore to level them.

Is Elmia an option for healing? Would let you go all Mage or Mage+soldier to keep your mana simple. I have a fully limit broken Latty but recently not been using her, preferring Elmia as offensive + healing

Vylash

I don't see them getting any of those licensed collabs. That's pretty difficult to create with licensing and such. I have zero expectations for any of that.

we'll absolutely get things like Atelier and Danganronpa, the anime ones are up in the air, i also don't expect Kiseki sadly

Merun

Is Elmia an option for healing? Would let you go all Mage or Mage+soldier to keep your mana simple. I have a fully limit broken Latty but recently not been using her, preferring Elmia as offensive + healing

Elemia is a must have for any mono mage team because she can heal, and more importantly, cure blind. If blinded, mages can't use their pew pew magic.

Gizuko

I really wish I had Elemia, I'm rolling for her every now and then, but no luck so far.

You have a point, though, I should keep rolling for her, specially since no knights means blinding projectiles can get through.

Thanks for the input guys!

Quixzlizx

I really wish I had Elemia, I'm rolling for her every now and then, but no luck so far.

You have a point, though, I should keep rolling for her, specially since no knights means blinding projectiles can get through.

And I have Elemia, but no other decent mages. She was still my best character for awhile when I was starting out, since she was my only 4* :lol

Got my second Phoena after completing Jedah's chain story.

You'll also need to LB her once to unlock her second ability. But I don't really see the need for it as she already heals a ton without it and mage HP is on the low end anyways.

Gizuko

And I have Elemia, but no other decent mages. She was still my best character for awhile when I was starting out, since she was my only 4* :lol

This game... Seriously, I swear it has the trolliest gachas I have ever rolled in.

V2 doesn't fix this either, only character I have been able to LB in jpCC is the ring gacha, whenever I roll a 5* or 4* it's always a different unit.

You'll also need to LB her once to unlock her second ability. But I don't really see the need for it as she already heals a ton without it and mage HP is on the low end anyways.

Ugh, I didn't know this - it's Velnar all over again. Well, Elemia isn't as useless without that extra ability, as you pointed out, but still.

desverger

New event is up, and surprise, it's not a demon raid!

I'd tell you more about it, but the servers are dying at the moment and I couldn't even load the event banners myself :p

Apparently, there's a way to get a single copy of Coro at least?

There's four event quests, "Black Army Assault" 1-4 up in Dawning, apparently they reward you with a 4* enhancer. One of each.

On 20th, there's a new event quest, this might have a Coro as a reward.

Rixa

Coro quest should be 20.3. This assault event, all rewards are enhancers, 2 ap per fight. Cant do the figths cause server error...
CC Official forums

Event Date

March 16, 2015 to March 22, 2015 (PST)
About Black Army Assault Quests

The Black Army is sending a strong assault against the Holy Kingdom in a bid to tear down the fortress.
The Guild Alliance, in retaliation, will be focusing a strong defense line with the best soldiers they have.
The Volunteer Army has been requested to assist in the defense.
During the event duration, limited quests will be added to Dawning.
Successfully complete all battles in the Black Army Assault quests to obtain a SR Enhancer (☆☆☆☆)arcana.
Successfully complete The Final Assault quest to obtain a rare Demon of Prisons Coropatillon arcana!

Black Army Assault Quests Appearance
Black Army Assault 1 to 4: March 16, 2015 (PST)

The Final Assault: March 20, 2015 (PST)

Black Army Assault Quests Rewards
Black Army Assault 1: Knight Enhancer IV X1
Black Army Assault 2: Wizard Enhancer IV X1
Black Army Assault 3: Soldier Enhancer IV X1
Black Army Assault 4: Archer Enhancer IV X1

The Final Assault: Demon of Prisons Coropatillon
​

desverger

I'm screwed if the demon raid is next week :p

Going abroad for two weeks starting next Monday, so hopefully I can snag a wifi connection with my phone from somewhere occasionally..

I'm screwed if the demon raid is next week :p

Going abroad for two weeks starting next Monday, so hopefully I can snag a wifi connection with my phone from somewhere occasionally..

Me too XD

I'll go to Valencia from 26 to 29 march, so I'll be able to play only till wednesday next week ;___;

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Surprisingly I managed to get through one of those level 31 quests, didn't think I'd make it.mwill go for the rest today,mixed up with the daily quests.

So - enhancer IV - spend on enhancing or sell for rings?

desverger

Me too XD

I'll go to Valencia from 26 to 29 march, so I'll be able to play only till wednesday next week ;___;

Going to Tokyo myself, so I shouldn't have issues with connectivity, luckily.. If I even have time to look at my phone during the trip :p

Surprisingly I managed to get through one of those level 31 quests, didn't think I'd make it.mwill go for the rest today,mixed up with the daily quests.

So - enhancer IV - spend on enhancing or sell for rings?

I would use it. It's a bucketload of exp compared to just one ring. Leveling up units is already tough enough.

Yaari

Decent event. Good rewards at least. Both exp and enhancer cards. But almost done already. Wish there was some challenging free quest to do between events. The only thing I can do is x2' through free quest. Yawn.

PS: How many AP coins has everyone gathered so far? i 'm on 230k.

Rixa

Decent event. Good rewards at least. Both exp and enhancer cards. But almost done already. Wish there was some challenging free quest to do between events. The only thing I can do is x2' through free quest. Yawn.

AP = AC Arcana Coins, I do have ~60k on both accounts. Started so late to collect. About same time when I started to play with alt (one day before Coro raid).

My main managed to do todays daily so I can use the rest of APs today to that event. Good thing is that if I get f*cked I can always try it again and lose only 2 ap per wave.

desverger

Got 0 AC. I'm hoping to one day pull a Melvina from the free gacha. So far no luck, got plenty of other 3* characters though. Once I do pull her, I'll stop pulling with AC.

I'm not holding my breath for v2 lol.

Rixa

Got 0 AC. I'm hoping to one day pull a Melvina from the free gacha. So far no luck, got plenty of other 3* characters though. Once I do pull her, I'll stop pulling with AC.

I'm not holding my breath for v2 lol.

Hopefully you can get her from next demon raid. Atleast I got few copies (not enough to MLB her) with demon coins.

Azusa

Aren't there two very hard 1AP quests? One in the first map and the second in the latest map.

EDIT: 211k AP so far.

garath

Why are you guys saving up AP? aren't they only good for normal cards? I just spend them

Theoretically, when Gumi drops v2 on us, there will be an option to spend 2k coins for a single guaranteed 3* card. So once you've unlocked all the character quests you can reasonably expect to get from the arcana pulls, there's really not a lot of point to pulling anyways. So some of us are saving for the mythical promised land of v2 where it will rain fortune rings and the gatcha will be fair and all our hopes and dreams will be realized.

I have 126k saved up.

Quixzlizx

I wasted my weekend grinding to get Wayne to level 45 so I could unlock his second ability before the raid and hopefully be a bit useful to my friends list. At least the rewards for this event seem to be pretty good.

Rixa

Theoretically, when Gumi drops v2 on us, there will be an option to spend 2k coins for a single guaranteed 3* card. So once you've unlocked all the character quests you can reasonably expect to get from the arcana pulls, there's really not a lot of point to pulling anyways. So some of us are saving for the mythical promised land of v2 where it will rain fortune rings and the gatcha will be fair and all our hopes and dreams will be realized.

I have 126k saved up.

Also saving arcana coins and using them in V2 (if everything goes same way as JPCC) you can buy 2 Stamina Fruits with 10 rings.

Spamming some free quest that has high reward chance for 200 coins you get exp and ac to buy more from 2k gatcha and then you sell rings for more stamina fruits (or save rings for ring gatcha).

In JPCC you can get Ring 5* character from those 2k pulls too (very low chance).

So all in all its better to save AC to v2 than use them now.

desverger

Hopefully you can get her from next demon raid. Atleast I got few copies (not enough to MLB her) with demon coins.

We can hope! In the previous raid I got about 12 copies of Robby. RNG can be a cruel mistress :p

edit: Black Army defeated. The third quest was pretty rough, especially in the last stage, and required some clutch strats.

I noticed that if you got into the boss' melee range and retreated quickly, he wouldn't hit you and just stood still, which allowed me to pepper him with a friend Aludra. He hee.

Gizuko

Just a heads up on the current event gacha:

-No Elemia
-Farlin
-Wayne
-No Julianna (obvious)
-Cheery (!!)

For those wondering wether to pull or not, next raid should include Juliana with a special sword that will work like the event spear - if they do as jpCC did. Juliana, however, is outclassed by Aile (ring gacha) + volunteer's bow as sub, so you shouldn't lose sleep over her.

Then again, Cheery is still relevant in V2, and Wayne is a solid knight and wields a spear.

The lack of Elemia and Arietta is holding me back, but the event gacha isn't as bad as I thought at first.

Ps. Do keep in mind that Aile is currently available in the ring gacha, so Julianna won't be stepping down for a long while.

Teiran

The Final Assault (the Coro quest) is level 45. They mistakenly put it up when Black Army Assault 1-4 went live this morning; it got yanked within a few minutes. IIRC it was a four-stage quest at 3 AP per stage.

I mean, it's conceivable that it could reappear as a level 60 or higher quest because Gumi, but yeah.

elty

I accidentally go full auto with my farming team and still survive, but then the only difference is pheona instead of latty and the 2sub, so maybe my coro well be stuck at65.

Rixa

Heh, event nr 3. Stage 4 last wave was "kinda" long 3 mages (Aludra 59, Rebeccca 43, Minimo 37 LB3), friend Coro and Melvina as healer, manually had to do.

Then I used 7k gold and some enhancers: 1x4* mage, 1x4* archer, 4x3* mage, 4x2* mage to Karen.

CCKaren1.PNG

1-CCKaren2.PNG
Sometimes great success comes at right moment \o/.

garath

The only stage that gave me pause was stage 3 with all the soldier units. They hit HARD on my poor soldier only party. I just couldn't auto and put the phone down. I had to actually pay attention.

It was pretty easy when I brought an Aludra friend along. Her special one shot the board.

Damn you people getting great success with the 4* enhancers. I used all 4 on Coro with normal success :( Got her from 55 to 60 though. That was nice.

That stage 3 warrior one was rough. Managed to win it with some serious micromanagement. Those enhancers put my FanFan and Febrya up quite a few levels. Febrya is now level 42 and FanFan is 38. Hopefully I get them near max when the raid hits.

Tempted to pull for Cheery but I know I'm gonna end up getting Iris or some other 3* character instead.

desverger

I actually enjoyed the level 3 a lot. Was pretty fun microing everyone so I could keep the boss still, keep healing, take care of the adds and dodge the special with Aludra, my only ranged unit.

Gizuko

These quests should be doable whenever, right?

I mean, they are supposed to stick around for 6 days. I'm thinking of doing them as close as possible to the demon invasion, so that I can fuse those 4* enhancers with the increased "Great success" chance, since I'm keeping 30 arcana right now.

desverger

These quests should be doable whenever, right?

I mean, they are supposed to stick around for 6 days. I'm thinking of doing them as close as possible to the demon invasion, so that I can fuse those 4* enhancers with the increased "Great success" chance, since I'm keeping 30 arcana right now.

They are. But you might want to consider that you'll also have the chance to do the quest for Coro, which is up only on the 20th.

Top Bottom