• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

This events pretty good so far, tons of xp. I cant tell im cursed or blessed with the amount of 4* i pull. I got a premium ticket from daily login and pulled a 4* layla.

Bringing my 4* count to 19 to my only single 5*. I would honestly trade in half of my 4* for another 5* if that were possible.

Elija2

Just noticed that my Lv.47 Oguma has a higher attack stat than my Lv.58 Lindsey Coro. His health is pretty bad, but if I keep pulling him back to heal that shouldn't be an issue. I should probably give him a stronger weapon to make his attack even higher.

Rixa

I actually enjoyed the level 3 a lot. Was pretty fun microing everyone so I could keep the boss still, keep healing, take care of the adds and dodge the special with Aludra, my only ranged unit.

It was fun quest. I managed to do it with my alt account. Event 3 had some problems. Especially when in 3rd stage I took friend Lindsey and then I got only 1 mage (My Katya), 3 warriors and healer.

The amount of micromanaging was huge. Go to hit one axe minion, get hit by 1,3k hp and retreat.

All in all very good (and time consuming thanks to no auto battle and speed normal) event.
Alt is going to enhance that 4* warrior to Coro, once I (hopefully) get that Coro event done (prolly waiting for monday GS) also todays warrior enhancers go to Coro. After friday alt hopefully has MLB Coro and main account starts to level Coro (2 Coros at inbox).

Stider

New quest: Black Army Ambush 1 up. Level 50, 5Ap 4 stages

Prize is a 4* knight enhancer

(Thought it was a new event, just an upgraded version it seems)

desverger

Managed to finish Black Army Ambush 1. Wasn't too bad, except for the third stage.

Not sure what was going on that stage, but it seemed like the boss healed for full when he was low. On stage four, I just finished him off quickly with a big attack, so I have no idea if he heals in there as well.

Sucks that the in-mission drops don't really have any consistency. Got chests with 100 AC in that lv50 quest. After that I did a random lv25 quest and got a chest with 350 AC lol.

I'm worried if they repeat the warrior enhancer quest as a lv50 one :p

Rixa

Managed to finish Black Army Ambush 1. Wasn't too bad, except for the third stage.

Not sure what was going on that stage, but it seemed like the boss healed for full when he was low. On stage four, I just finished him off quickly with a big attack, so I have no idea if he heals in there as well.

Sucks that the in-mission drops don't really have any consistency. Got chests with 100 AC in that lv50 quest. After that I did a random lv25 quest and got a chest with 350 AC lol.

Inquest rewards do suck :p. Taken from Chain-chronicle-forum.net
I ran the first ambush quest, got to the third stage, and watched the boss heal himself for 39000 HP when he was at <10% health. Moral of story, save your mana for the boss.
^^
Nice heal by boss...

marrec

Banned

Especially so since all my friends seem to have switch out their mages :-/

I was planning on using these enhancers to up my Spear team for the coming event but it seems I'll have to use it on my main team just to get past the damn Warrior quests. Those bastards hit hard.

Quixzlizx

The boss of the third quest kept healing himself up to full whenever I was about to kill him. Is there a timer, or am I just being fucked with?

marrec

Banned
Not only does the 3rd boss heal up fully sometimes, he also seems to have regen after a certain % down which I cannot DPS through. I apparently need to save up some mana just to take down the last 15%.

Gizuko

Can't do the ambush. A friend's Parchelle dropped dead in the 3rd-4th wave due to no mana and useless Melvina.

I seriously hope Coro's quest is level 45, as rumored, and doesn't involve this shitty difficulty increase. Can't wait to hear them argue how the difficulty is about the same as lvl 80-90 Coro raid, with no liberation available, ofc.

Quixzlizx

How much harder is 1-4 compared to 1-3? Because I just barely out DPS'ed the 1-3 boss with a level 80 Lindsey friend. Does the 1-4 boss have that crazy regen/healing?

Vecks

I did the first 2 parts of the new ambush. Had a lot of trouble using my teams of 30-40's. Don't think I can finish this one.

johnsmith

remember me
Managed to do everything so far. The soldier assault was definitely he hardest, they hit hard. The ambush wasn't too bad. Had to retry the last fight because I didn't know the boss healed up. But once I knew that he did it was just a matter of weakening him and finish him off with skills.

marrec

Banned
Managed to do everything so far. The soldier assault was definitely he hardest, they hit hard. The ambush wasn't too bad. Had to retry the last fight because I didn't know the boss healed up. But once I knew that he did it was just a matter of weakening him and finish him off with skills.

I'm having a big problem with the boss on the ambush. Soldier assault was hard but doable, The Ambush boss on 3 is simply unkillable for me. Everything else goes down like chumps but that boss just regens through my DPS and I end up with zero mana, and he's at 20% without me not being able to do any damage.

Super frustrating.

Zhengi

Yeah, first time I went through that third stage, I was bushwhacked by that full insta-heal by the boss. Next time around, I made sure to save some mana to unleash at the end and take him out.

elty

Finish the ambush with 2 death (1 accidental 1 intentional) with

80 Lindsay friend

59 Nimpha
40 Coro
38 Haruaki
39 Latty

41 Dusty
36 Hero

desverger

Just tried the ambush 2 stage and I got my behind handed to me. I can't even pass the first stage.

That mage aoe is pretty rough. Kinda have to go ham on the big mages ASAP, and it sucks when there's more than one on the field.

edit/update: Ambush 2 cleared. Strategy was to get the mages down quickly, with a friend Lindsey. Final wave wasn't too bad either.

Surprised my Latty could keep up with all the aoe :p

Yaari

Great Succes again, so now Coro is 77. I'm liking these quests. Pretty difficult though, especially the one for today. Those mages hurt.

Yeah the mage one today was rough for me. Failed the first stage twice but once I started interrupting their full screen attacks it went smoothly.

dat attack
Cu86WZV.png

Quixzlizx

I barely made it through the first two missions this morning before getting ready for work. Don't know if I'm going to make it all the way through.

Teiran

wow. the last soldier assault and ambushes are kicking my ass. My team is so unrounded. i need to spend a couple weeks just getting characters up to snuff.

any ideas of a team i could i run.
I think I'd run Katya/Coro/Dusty/Melvina. The big mages like to line up in a single column; both Katya's and Coro's abilities will work wonders.

If you have the enhancers and extra AP, I would suggest leveling Coro to 45 beforehand to open up the quest for her second ability, which increases her attack by 2.5% for every kill she gets.

desverger

wow. the last soldier assault and ambushes are kicking my ass. My team is so unrounded. i need to spend a couple weeks just getting characters up to snuff.

any ideas of a team i could i run.

If you want to go soldier team, you could always go Coro/Bernadette/Dusty/Melvina. A 2-mana team is also much easier to manage than a 3-mana team.

I can also second the plan to get your Coro to 45 and do her quest. The attack boost is definitely nice.

Katya is great, but since you don't have any other mages, I feel like she's not going to be the most useful of your characters at the moment - unless you really want to mix her into a 3-mana team.

garath

So far I've been doing good in all these challenges with my team. I know the level 50 soldier one will be almost impossible though. They just hit my own soldiers too hard. Maybe if I get lucky with the wave clears with a mage friend but 3 mage mana is pretty tough to come back on a regular basis. Wish I had a full mage team for challenges like this.

My team:

60 Lindsey - fully maxed grief sword
50 Dusty - fully maxed volunteer sword
62 Coro - fully maxed wild boar
37 Melvina - fully maxed B rod (just haven't found a better rod for her yet)

My Coro is near maxed at LB1 :( The extra coro from this event will be nice. I really wish Lindsey would come around again or Sulstan would drop quick. I need higher levels. LB0 Lindsey hurts.

Black Army assault 3 is hard.

I've got a lot of space in my friend's list if anyone wants to add me. 133,509,617

I have a level 28 Lindsey with grief sword as my leader.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How is the current 2x recruit event? Just got 500 prysma so wondering where to use it. Selling unwanted characters should also get me to 140 rings finally.

How is the current 2x recruit event? Just got 500 prysma so wondering where to use it. Selling unwanted characters should also get me to 140 rings finally.
As always the odds are still very shitty at 3.4%. However if you're going to to do a 10+1 pull it's the best time. Completely anecdotal obviously but I pulled 3 times yesterday and got a 5* Sonya which let me LB the one I pulled a couple weeks ago.

I also got Yoshitsugu from the last rate up event in around 5 pulls. His odds of appearing were increased x5 so if you're really patient you could wait until there's another character event like that one and save your 500 prysma for the best odds.

The nine territories is a great place to pull at, especially now that Yoshi has been added there I think. Some really good 4*'s there as well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
As always the odds are still very shitty at 3.4%. However if you're going to to do a 10+1 pull it's the best time. Completely anecdotal obviously but I pulled 3 times yesterday and got a 5* Sonya which let me LB the one I pulled a couple weeks ago.

I also got Yoshitsugu from the last rate up event in around 5 pulls. His odds of appearing were increased x5 so if you're really patient you could wait until there's another character event like that one and save your 500 prysma for the best odds.

The nine territories is a great place to pull at, especially now that Yoshi has been added there I think. Some really good 4*'s there as well.

I just noticed that you don't get the option of 10+1 with the event, only single pulls. So if you have 500 prysma ready, that actually makes the 2x a little less good because you're getting 10% fewer pulls.

Should I wait to get to nine territories? Only just arrived at the sand tavern..

Merun

Just tried a Yoshitsugu friend lvl 80. He nuked all the bosses at once lol.

Current gatcha isn't bad. Cheery and Farlin are 2 excellent arcanas and can be mixed with soldier team. I used Cheery during Valentine to fight against the chocolate monster. Allowed me to use just one revive for the absurdly hard quest. Farlin wil allow you to tank any monster in the game. In fact, I'm on the fence for pulling... I kind of want Farlin.

Zhengi

So I read some replies, did what was suggested, and breezed through the ambush stage. Thanks for the tips. Let's see how the next one goes.

elty

I got my lv60 Nimpha treasure pleasure ability. I have a few room left so add me 152,732,702 if you want (please leave name here if it does not have "GAF" in it).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
One worry about is that I don't want too many mages. I had three 4* and I think I prefer the direct approach of a soldier team, so I sold two and am keeping Elemia

I am 22AP away from lv60 Nimpha treasure pleasure ability. I have a few room left so add me 152,732,702 if you want (please leave name here if it does not have "GAF" in it).

Added you. I'm just Stan - Friend ID:173023181

desverger

As suspected, Ambush 3 is impossible :p

A level 60 Aludra can chip off about 50% off the life of ONE big axe goonie when he's walking towards you. Then the goonie will about 3-shot a level 60 character.

If anyone can clear this, my hat is off to you!

ps. Thanks GUMI for the original content, lol.

Elija2

As suspected, Ambush 3 is impossible :p

A level 60 Aludra can chip off about 50% off the life of ONE big axe goonie when he's walking towards you. Then the goonie will about 3-shot a level 60 character.

If anyone can clear this, my hat is off to you!

ps. Thanks GUMI for the original content, lol.

Yeah, screw that. I managed to beat the first stage but the second one...damn. Thank god they're not required to get Coro.

Top Bottom