• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Possibly the worst pull ever. Mostly 3* and some uninteresting 4*. Only slight silver lining is that after I sold most of them I now have 220 rings :/ limit broke Thomas and Robby but rarely use them anyway

No kidding about ambush 3, those axes hit HARD. Just barely managed to clear the first stage after 4 tries. It looks like they don't actually hit that fast. Maybe a Barienna friend is the key to this?

As suspected, Ambush 3 is impossible :p

A level 60 Aludra can chip off about 50% off the life of ONE big axe goonie when he's walking towards you. Then the goonie will about 3-shot a level 60 character.

If anyone can clear this, my hat is off to you!

ps. Thanks GUMI for the original content, lol.

I think it's almost impossible to beat this stage. You should have all 80 level PG to win.
I hope the last battle with Coro will be easier.

Rixa

As suspected, Ambush 3 is impossible :p

A level 60 Aludra can chip off about 50% off the life of ONE big axe goonie when he's walking towards you. Then the goonie will about 3-shot a level 60 character.

If anyone can clear this, my hat is off to you!

ps. Thanks GUMI for the original content, lol.

Monomage team for the quite easy victory.
Granted Ive only done 1st stage (rest of the stage in 8h time).

Team:
Aludra, Karen, Rebecca, Minimo (LB3), friend Cheery
Used 1st Cherrybomb at wave 3.

Basically this setting (pic tooked few days ago)
CCMages.PNG

Merun

I'm at the third battle of the ambush. Struggled a bit to find the correct team at the beginning but i settled with my mono mage team. I pew pew everyone before they reach me and Roxanna buff + Cheery nuke is better than Aludra's nuke.

Third battle ends with a tanky boss. Resisted 2 nukes and lots of pew pew. It may have taken me a good minute but hopefully he was slow and I can knockback. I will try the fourth battle during lunch break.

desverger

So mage teams work? That's nice. Although, this means that if Coro's quest will have those same axe goonies, and be a lv45 quest, I will be SOL since I cannot touch those guys :p

If this is the case, I predict some rage incoming towards GUMI. That content would be way harder than lv80 Coro raid for example.

Kaizu

I completed all the stages for the warrior ambush and the last one is very brutal. My team setup is Karen(62/65), Alundra(30/60), Roxanna(32/50) and Mille(1/40) with a Schule(65/65) friend.

Mile or any other character that can inflict multiple slow(preferably skill with 1 mana) helps a lot because there are waves with 5 skeleton warriors on screen at once and your mono mage team can't clear them quick enough unless they are of high levels.

The last wave is the tanky boss from stage 3 and a bunch of healers, skeletons and warriors coming non stop after the boss appears. I ended up using 1 revive to complete it.

The rest of the stages can be completed quite easily with Mile and 3 level 30-60 mages.

Merun

Finished as well. Super easy with a friendly Cheery lvl 80. As soon as every mobs are on screen, nuke. As soon as the boss is too close. Roxanna buff + Cheery bomb. I didn't get hit at all thanks to the knockback and damage output.

marrec

Banned
Yep. Me too.

The only chance is a mage team. I got through the first one and said screw it. I'm not even trying.

I have 1 4* mage who's lvl 1.

I tried the Ambush for shits and grins and the first Axe guy two-shot my lvl 52 Yoshino.

I burst out laughing and gave up after that.

Rixa

With my alt team Iam same boat I wont try those level 50 events. I have lvl 59 Katya but rest of team are only +40 level Coro (LB3), Dusty, Noel.
It doesnt help that I can loan as friend my main accounts level 60 Aludra. Basically you need whole mage team with Cheery.

Tomorrow its time for Coroevent, its going to be fun or frustrating event.

Pbae

This is the first time I had to really micro-manage my team and compose a new team. Fun stuff.

Also, I want a Cherry so bad T_T she is OP for mage team.

Rixa

Fun daily event. Kinda 0 hopes if you dont have monomage or archer team. Thanks to my MM team, I had less problems today than earlier days.

Tomorrow we should get that Coro event, hopefully its 45 level so I can do it with my alt account too. I really want 4LB Coro. My main accounts Coro is then 2LB, definetly good addition to warriors.

marrec

Banned
Fun daily event. Kinda 0 hopes if you dont have monomage or archer team. Thanks to my MM team, I had less problems today than earlier days.

Tomorrow we should get that Coro event, hopefully its 45 level so I can do it with my alt account too. I really want 4LB Coro. My main accounts Coro is then 2LB, definetly good addition to warriors.

So this is a good time I guess to ask if I should replace one of my current warriors with LB1 coro (assuming I can completely the raid tomorrow). I have Kiki, Lolleta, and Yoshino currently. I'm thinking that Kiki can warm the bench and I should be giving my Coro some levels.

Rixa

So this is a good time I guess to ask if I should replace one of my current warriors with LB1 coro (assuming I can completely the raid tomorrow). I have Kiki, Lolleta, and Yoshino currently. I'm thinking that Kiki can warm the bench and I should be giving my Coro some levels.

Well you can try different combinations. Coro do have nice abilities, self healing and the more she kills the more she does damage. I think its 2.5% more damage per Coropatillion made kill.

When you have room in party cost, you might make monowarrior team. Also upcoming raid will again give enhancers (from demon coin summonings) to boost arcanas.

Rixa

Merun, your Cheery is invaluable in my monomage team. That knockback. That damage! Now I just need to wait for your Cheery to roll around again.

Close application and restart. I did 5 times in a row and got Cheery friend again. No need to wait for 1h or something.

actually running a monomage team with a 60 karen and 35/40's and cheery friends is working well up to the final stage. Final stage really is going to need some lucky mana rolls

Aki-at

Wrote up the report, yeah Chain Chronicle is doing big numbers for SEGA but most of that is Asia I believe. By my estimation it's done over a $100 million for them.

Shame people are hating on the news though, between Chain Chronicle and Sonic Runners, I like mobile SEGA : (

neogaf hive mind hatred for mobile games is dumbfounding. sometimes its the only time i get to game during the day. I love these little rpg havens. playing a mario or kirby canvas at work sounds perfect.

Should I wait for V2 to jump into this? I'd rather do the whole rerolling process when there's a better droprate.

Depends on how long you want to wait.

There's no telling how long it would take Gumi to update to V2.

The other good time to reroll is during a recruitment rate up event like the one that's happening now. Not as good as V2's rates, but still better than the regular rates.

Aki-at

This event is impossible.

I hope there's content like this in the main game though, want an excuse to form an all range attack team 8D

Vylash

neogaf hive mind hatred for mobile games is dumbfounding. sometimes its the only time i get to game during the day. I love these little rpg havens. playing a mario or kirby canvas at work sounds perfect.

gaf's hatred of mobile will never stop being hilarious

Coro event isn't nearly as hard as yesterdays soldier ambush, simple enough. The last part is 6 Boss waves with a single boss on each. On the last wave the attacks cause freeze.

desverger

Coro's quest is up for 2 days. It's a level 40 quest.

Just completed it myself with a warrior team. It wasn't too difficult honestly, with a decently leveled team.

First 3 stages are mixtures of the different "super" goonies, there were red axe guys as well but I just went full Lindsey on them and they didn't pose trouble. Most of them come out one by one and are easily managed.

Last stage is 5-wave fight with a single boss in each wave. They kinda seemed like the nerfed versions of the assault quest bosses, even if the quest level was 5 levels higher. There's a couple of nasty ones, the spinning knockback guy, and an archer boss who hits pretty hard and stuns with random arrows. If you have bad luck, the archer could potentially snipe your healer dead.

The last boss is probably the hardest in that quest, he does a bunch of stuff including some sort of a freeze wave that hits pretty hard. Engage him from the sides so only two of your guys are getting hit. He can also be stunned, which is nice if you have something like a lv60 Deed.

Got my LB3 Coro now. One shy off MLB, but that's allright. I'm glad the quest wasn't super hard, at least.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Event wasn't too bad even with my poor team - cost me some prysma though for that last all boss level. Think that's only my second 5* character, after phoena.

garath

Got my LB2 coro now too. Today's wasn't too hard. I actually wiped on the last stage once because I had a couple freak crits on my guys. Lost my Lindsey early then the archer guy wiped out my Melvina. Whoops.

Second attempt was a breeze. Nuked the archer instantly and that was that. Was just micro'ing the other guys around to get heals. Having a level 40 Melvina is super helpful. Could only imagine if I had a 5* healer. Lol

desverger

I added you yesterday and in fact I have now the maximum size for my friendlist. 5 slots left.

And now i have joined the LB2 Coro club...

If you still have space, I'd be grateful if you could add me as well. I run a warrior team, but I could see Cheery being useful in there as well.

My id is 136,636,939 and name is Kettle.

marrec

Banned
Hurray, got LB2 Coro now! That was blissfully easy compared to some of it. The axe-wielding mad-men were few and far between enough for me to target and heal through them.

If the boss rush us giving you trouble. Go all soldier with and just wait for all the melees to come to you. Gives you time to get extra mama. Then wait until your top and bottom start to attack before going auto. Now to keep licking leveling my knights for the demon raid. Hopefully I can get dannady to 50.

Top Bottom