• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

garath

Up to 430 prysma. I've exhausted all but one character quest that I can get to. Need to keep hitting that story to get the rest I guess. Really want to do that 10+1 pull and try to get Lindsey.

chrono01

Up to 430 prysma. I've exhausted all but one character quest that I can get to. Need to keep hitting that story to get the rest I guess. Really want to do that 10+1 pull and try to get Lindsey.
Wait for a rate-up event if you can.

I know, if you want Lindsey you don't have enough time left to earn Fortune Rings, but it's definitely worth waiting for a rate-up event. The odds of SSR/SR otherwise is super low.

garath

Wait for a rate-up event if you can.

I know, if you want Lindsey you don't have enough time left to earn Fortune Rings, but it's definitely worth waiting for a rate-up event. The odds of SSR/SR otherwise is super low.

I know.. I should.. But then I'll definitely miss Lindsey.. and who knows how long it'll be till a rate up.

chrono01

I know.. I should.. But then I'll definitely miss Lindsey.. and who knows how long it'll be till a rate up.
If the EN version follows the JP one, Lindsey will return in a few months for about a week or so. You could always grab her then. That's IF it happens, but it should. Gumi seems to be following the JP release schedule pretty closely.

Also, you should be able to get quite a few Fortune Rings from the Demon Event, even if you can't complete that many of the levels [depending on the level average of your team]. You only need 70 for her, how many do you have now?

garath

If the EN version follows the JP one, Lindsey will return in a few months for about a week or so. You could always grab her then. That's IF it happens, but it should. Gumi seems to be following the JP release schedule pretty closely.

Also, you should be able to get quite a few Fortune Rings from the Demon Event, even if you can't complete that many of the levels [depending on the level average of your team]. You only need 70 for her, how many do you have now?

Not many.. 15-16? lol. I figured if I got a 11 pull then I'd be pretty close even if all were 3 stars. I have 3 more 3* I can sac too.

Merun

If anyone add me, you should PM because my friend list is full but I can make some room from the random

And special note for chrono:

xtlcmy.png

chrono01

If anyone add me, you should PM because my friend list is full but I can make some room from the random

And special note for chrono:

xtlcmy.png
iRbX1kiMtGdDK.gif

Just kidding, congrats!

I'm currently at 35/35 Friends, but will hopefully be getting an increase soon when I rank up. Should a slot become available earlier, I'll let you know.

chrono01

Yeah, people are managing to pull a 6* Kain card. Yeah...that shouldn't happen. They sold it for 30 Fortune Rings, though!

I used all of my coins before seeing this, got nothing of worth. :(

Azusa

Also, someone managed to pull the 5* Demon Arcana....only to have the game freeze and not give it to him, so there's that too
~from CC forum.

I'll wait a day or two. I hope they'll fix it fast.

Jomjom

Banned
So during this demon event should we do the cheapest AP quests to maximize the number of times a demon can show up?

chrono01

So during this demon event should we do the cheapest AP quests to maximize the number of times a demon can show up?
You got it.

I'm doing Fruits of Research on Sage's Tower, since it's only 6AP and gets me 400XP as well as Arcana Rings as a common drop.

Yaari

Fruits of Research works great, demon is lv6. Just got Nicky and earlier on a 3 star weapon. Thats 4 rings, nice.

Hope I wont run into a wall too quickly. I definitely cant be killing it for too long.

garath

Ugh. I made the mistake of using 3 souls the first time. I had no idea it would be that easy. Now I'm waiting for souls more than AP. Whoops :)

It'll even out today though.

garath

Yeah. I'm chasing souls right now more than AP. I'm about to rank up too. Not going to have any AP problems at all.

So hold onto the demon coins? Doesn't look like there's going to be any 10+1 bonus.

Yaari

Yeah. I'm chasing souls right now more than AP. I'm about to rank up too. Not going to have any AP problems at all.

So hold onto the demon coins? Doesn't look like there's going to be any 10+1 bonus.

I just used them whenever I could. Give me the 6* Kain and I'll gladly receive the rings. Haha.

So far only Nicky the 3* Dancer. But it appears she has a exp boost, so I might just keep her around. It's not like those 3 rings it would have given me, were the deciding factor in getting a Lindsey or not.

Edit: Spend 30 min waiting for my AP to reach 7, just to have my game crash during the fight. That's great.

garath

I just used them whenever I could. Give me the 6* Kain and I'll gladly receive the rings. Haha.

So far only Nicky the 3* Dancer. But it appears she has a exp boost, so I might just keep her around. It's not like those 3 rings it would have given me, were the deciding factor in getting a Lindsey or not.

Edit: Spend 30 min waiting for my AP to reach 7, just to have my game crash during the fight. That's great.

Bah. Used all 6 demon pulls.. nada. Got one new recruit though. That'll be more prysma. Yay. Getting so close to that 500.

edit: 6 more demon pulls and I got a 3* spear. I guess that's something. Level 7 demon still super easy. Keep them coming! (for now). Turns out rank up gives you all 3 souls again too. Bet stamina fruit does the same thing. I'll keep at it today until I hit a wall I guess.

garath

Alright so it wasn't so bad after all. beat it three times.

How do you get more demon souls?

Time, rank up, stamina fruit?. You get 1 soul every 30 min (up to the cap of 3), rank up gives you all 3 back. I THINK a stamina fruit will do it as well but I haven't tested that yet.

Time, rank up, stamina fruit?. You get 1 soul every 30 min (up to the cap of 3), rank up gives you all 3 back. I THINK a stamina fruit will do it as well but I haven't tested that yet.

You're right the Stamina fruit did it, Filled back up three souls.

Only rewards I got was demon coins, vigor fruit and enhancers.

Yaari

I honestly doubt friends are going to help me kill my Demons lol. Why would they, really? Oh well, we'll see how far I can go. It's too bad that I am probably going to miss out on the majority of the great rewards. But I'll be able to catch some level ups along the way.

Also, question. In some videos for this game I saw people target their entire lineup really quickly, they all went to the same target, and it seemed to be going much easier than me individually drawing a line to each target for my characters. Is there a different way to do it or something?

garath

I honestly doubt friends are going to help me kill my Demons lol. Why would they, really? Oh well, we'll see how far I can go. It's too bad that I am probably going to miss out on the majority of the great rewards. But I'll be able to catch some level ups along the way.

Yeah.. I'm seeing this as a chance for some demon coin pulls, little extra xp and maybe a few fortune rings. I only have a level 25ish party. Not going to get too far.

Yaari

Yeah.. I'm seeing this as a chance for some demon coin pulls, little extra xp and maybe a few fortune rings. I only have a level 25ish party. Not going to get too far.

I'll be using all my Stamina fruit during the Warrior day, that should grant me a few level ups so I can tag along a little longer. I can probably do a fair bunch of runs that way, and extend my playtime.

I don't need them for anything else, I think I will hit my final Demon tomorrow. Around level 15 already.

Uthred

I honestly doubt friends are going to help me kill my Demons lol. Why would they, really?

Becuase demon battles only cost souls and not AP? I mean so far today theres been plenty of times where I've had 0 AP but three souls and would have happily finished off some demons if they were available

Merun

Becuase demon battles only cost souls and not AP? I mean so far today theres been plenty of times where I've had 0 AP but three souls and would have happily finished off some demons if they were available

Same, out of AP but full of soul.

garath

Also failed at level 10. Too many greens!

Remove your healer or get a friendly level 70 Vorg to 2 shots the dragon for 4 manas lol.

Your next soul lets you kill it at its last hp. I one shot the dragon second time lol. 11-13 have been much easier. Now I'm sorting my friends by attack though and taking the highest attack each time. It's gone much smoother.

Sidenote: I got a flame sword... should I use it on my main hero??

Also, question. In some videos for this game I saw people target their entire lineup really quickly, they all went to the same target, and it seemed to be going much easier than me individually drawing a line to each target for my characters. Is there a different way to do it or something?

There's an auto-battle option at the top by the battle speed and menu options. It'll automatically make your melee units charge at an enemy and your ranged units move vertically to hit units in their row. Pretty much been doing that at 2x speed for most of the game. Although that has screwed me over because there have been a few times when an enemy has slipped by and made it to the right side of the screen because I wasn't paying attention and the auto-battle didn't target them.

I'm going to save my vigor fruit for the when the boss gets really hard and I have to end up using more than 1 soul to fight her.

EDIT: Did a regular 10 recruit. Fused all the knight arcana I got, including beatrix, with Alvert and got him up a level. Tried fusing 4 mage arcana into my Yona and kept getting err: 301. I closed the app and started it up again. I now only have 3 mage arcana and one level 0 Beatrix.

Your next soul lets you kill it at its last hp. I one shot the dragon second time lol. 11-13 have been much easier. Now I'm sorting my friends by attack though and taking the highest attack each time. It's gone much smoother.

Sidenote: I got a flame sword... should I use it on my main hero??

You mean the 3 star character you get? Don't use anything on that worthless thing. we will get an improve version in v2.

garath

There's an auto-battle option at the top by the battle speed and menu options. It'll automatically make your melee units charge at an enemy and your ranged units move vertically to hit units in their row. Pretty much been doing that at 2x speed for most of the game. Although that has screwed me over because there have been a few times when an enemy has slipped by and made it to the right side of the screen because I wasn't paying attention and the auto-battle didn't target them.

I'm going to save my vigor fruit for the when the boss gets really hard and I have to end up using more than 1 soul to fight her.

EDIT: Did a regular 10 recruit. Fused all the knight arcana I got, including beatrix, with Alvert and got him up a level. Tried fusing 4 mage arcana into my Yona and kept getting err: 301. I closed the app and started it up again. I now only have 3 mage arcana and one level 0 Beatrix.

that happened to me. Game froze while enhancing and ended up with a level 0 arcana. I tried enhancing a couple more times and it kept freezing. Had to sell it.

You mean the 3 star character you get? Don't use anything on that worthless thing. we will get an improve version in v2.

Hmm. Guess that answers that lol. Though v2 is far away.

Maybe I'll use it on Kain. I'll probably have him in my party for awhile. At least until I get him to 40.

edit: Cool. Just got a 3* Maurice from the demon recruit. Doesn't look fantastic so it'll probably just be another fortune ring.

edit2: I think I'm reaching my limit around level 18. I barely beat the level 17 with .83 seconds left. Someone died too. No 50 for me! ha

Merun

I just got my first demon arcana from the demon coin gatcha! Though she is good to be sold... Or perhaps I could check her quest but it's at level 45.

I just got my first demon arcana from the demon coin gatcha! Though she is good to be sold... Or perhaps I could check her quest but it's at level 45.

Archers in general aren't really my thing. Archers with abilities that only trigger at 1/3 health are like...wat. If I get to the point where my archer is taking that much damage, then the enemy has already wiped out my first line of defense and my reinforcements.

chrono01

Congrats!

I've summoned maybe 45 times and got nothing but 1* enhancers/characters. I got two 3* weapons, but that's about it. :(

Top Bottom