• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Quixzlizx

What would be a good sword to put on Yoshitsugu? I wasn't playing yet when the Grief sword was available, and I wasn't high-level enough to get Deathtail at the time.

Rixa

What would be a good sword to put on Yoshitsugu? I wasn't playing yet when the Grief sword was available, and I wasn't high-level enough to get Deathtail at the time.

I think there are sword raids coming before we hit v2. Thus I wouldnt put any A-rank weapon to Yoshitsugu. Rather I would put some 3* sword to him.

When sword raid comes it doesnt hurt so much to put another weapon and thus helping you go higher in the raid with less pain. In v2 (if we get it) one arcana can cycle between 3 different weapon, so I would wait til that time.

johnsmith

remember me
What are the rates in other games? CC seems obscenely low. I've spent most of my prisms and premium tickets from all the story and 1 and 2* quests and all I've gotten is 2 4*s and the rest garbage 3*s. Not a single 5*. So stingy, it means I'm never going to spend a single buck on this game because I know I'll just get garbage.

Plus other games give you the equivalent of 10 prysma every day. Here you're lucky to get 10 a week, but it's more like 10 a month. Once you finish the quests you're competely boned as a f2p player.

No wonder this game is doing do poorly in the American charts.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just got barrienna with the premium ticket, but thinking to sell. I have a few other ok Knights but they generally don't hit great against soldiers so I don't use them much. Is she worth keeping? I also have Robby (LB1), Audette (LB2) and Thomas (Lb3)

Gizuko

Just got barrienna with the premium ticket, but thinking to sell. I have a few other ok Knights but they generally don't hit great against soldiers so I don't use them much. Is she worth keeping? I also have Robby (LB1), Audette (LB2) and Thomas (Lb3)

She is rather good (even if her 1-mana ability requires micromanaging who takes hits and when) , but she is kind of niche as well.
However, Barienna is a Chain Story character, so do not sell her until you finish her quest, at the very least.

marrec

Banned
Yay! That free Ticket got me an Adele. Not the absolute best healer but probably better than the LB1 Johan that I've been rocking.

Now I just have to level her up some.

marrec

Banned
My free premium ticket got me another Ryubia. ;_;

Yay! More rings! :(

Unrelated question to thread in general:

Any reason I should keep my lvl 44 Kiki? Or should I just feed her to my LB2 Coro?

I have Yoshino and Loletta who are both objectively better than Kiki and I've already completed her Chain Story so... is she better off as Demon Food?

garath

Yay! More rings! :(

Unrelated question to thread in general:

Any reason I should keep my lvl 44 Kiki? Or should I just feed her to my LB2 Coro?

I have Yoshino and Loletta who are both objectively better than Kiki and I've already completed her Chain Story so... is she better off as Demon Food?

dont feed units worth rings to other units. Not at all worth. Sell it for rings if you don't want to keep it.

Coro update post here

During raid battles, there is a small chance of obtaining Gold chests containing the Coropatillon arcana.
However after further investigations, it is noted that the Gold chests with Coropatillon may not have been dropping.
We will be resolving this bug to ensure the Demon Chests in future raids will contain the Demon Bossarcana, and we will also increase the drop chance to obtain the Demon Boss arcana.
Emphasis mine.

Rixa

Fuck me. Just went three round of the 16 so mission and got no enhancers

^^ Thats so sad :(. RNG loves to hate us.

In other news, Gumi has finally found a bug.

Gumi said:
Coropatillon Demon Chest Drops

During raid battles, there is a small chance of obtaining Gold chests containing the Coropatillon arcana.
However after further investigations, it is noted that the Gold chests with Coropatillon may not have been dropping.
We will be resolving this bug to ensure the Demon Chests in future raids will contain the Demon Bossarcana, and we will also increase the drop chance to obtain the Demon Boss arcana.
We have released an exclusive quest which includes Coropatillon as an arcana reward for completing “The Final Assault” and we hope that given this second chance, more of our dedicated fans are able to obtain the arcana.

They increase drop rate, dunno how "much" tho.

Gumi said:
On the Raid 1HP and Aid Request Bugs

We are aware of the bugs that have occurred during raid, and are working hard to provide the best player experience during our events.
We are still working very closely with SEGA to investigate these issues further and are striving to resolve all known bugs before releasing the next Raid event.

As I thought earlier. No new raid before they have fixed 1HP bug, which sucks :(. It might take a while to fix that problem if they can fix it o_O.

Elija2

Finally got a Phoena arcana, but I'm hearing that she's useless until you LB4 her?

EDIT: Great, used 3 premium tickets and got garbage.

Rixa

Finally got a Phoena arcana, but I'm hearing that she's useless until you LB4 her?

One Phoena is enough, no need to MLB her.

ATK/HP
Level 60 4000 | 2800
Level 80 9000 | 6800
^^ Lvl 60 stats are crappy, if you get more you can LB her. I think you cant sell extra Phoenas (not sure, I have only 1 Phoena).

But the 2nd ability quest is level 75 quest (I heard its really difficult) and we need chapter 10 that we can unlock that quest. Luckily chapter 10 should come soon.

Volunteer Cheer
When placed in Sub-party, boost party's attack by 15%, and reduces damage by 10%
^^ That is the reason, you only need one Phoena.

Mknzy

Wow I didn't realize Phoena's stats jumped in such an insane manner from level 60 to 80. That's just crazy stuff right there.

Got my Deed to 60 and had a surprisingly easy time unlocking her final ability. Maybe my team has gotten a bigger boost recently than I realized. Gonna start digging into Chapter 9 and see how far I can get. Gonna keep pushing Deed up to 80. I also managed to MLB my Arietta, mostly through sheer luck. I have her at level 57 now so she is getting close.

Quixzlizx

^^ Lvl 60 stats are crappy, if you get more you can LB her. I think you cant sell extra Phoenas (not sure, I have only 1 Phoena).

But the 2nd ability quest is level 75 quest (I heard its really difficult) and we need chapter 10 that we can unlock that quest. Luckily chapter 10 should come soon.

How are you supposed to get the level 75 ability without getting 4 Phoenas?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Interesting. Do you get phoena from all chain quests? Just unlocked my second when I pulled barienna. So if/when I do that and get another phoena, is it worth using to LB her, or just sell for 20 coins?

Rixa

Interesting. Do you get phoena from all chain quests? Just unlocked my second when I pulled barienna. So if/when I do that and get another phoena, is it worth using to LB her, or just sell for 20 coins?

Sadly no. You get her when you complete many Chain Story Quests

1st, 4th, 9th(?),11th, 12th CSQ completed gives Phoena as reward.
Edit: 1, 4 ,7 ,10, 12 as said below.
I have done 3 CSQ (Slay 3*, Alvert 4*, Karen 5*).
As F2P I do have hope to get another Phoena from 4th CSQ, since its 3* Jadeh (I heard that you can pull it from demon coin gacha).

Also I dont know can you sell extra Phoenas for rings. But I would rather LB Phoena than sell her for rings (if it is possible), she is so hard to obtain.

You get a copy of Phoena by:

Complete one, four, seven, ten, and twelve Chain Stories.

Her stats are pretty impressive once you LB her, but its your choice if you plan on having her be on the field or become a subparty supporter.

You get your second Phoena after your 4th chain story. Then another at your 7th and then I believe 2 more after your 9th and 12th chain story. Haven't tried selling my second Phoena, just LB'd her. Wondering if it's worth LBMing her at all. Her stats are good, but I don't see myself ever running a full healer team or running two healers at once just to have an active heal skill on hand.

Anyways, this Silva quest has been great for leveling up my characters. My main knight team is pretty much maxed out. Now my mage team is next. Yuni is already level 52, so she's close to getting her piercing magic. Hoping I can make use of it before they nerf it in V2. Also have Febrya almost at level 50 which is good since she's a spear mage. I have Elemia, but I'm wondering who I should have as my 4th mage. I would like to get Cheery some time to fill that slot, but in the meantime I have Golnessa, Minimo, and Ursula. I think I like Ursula's 10% party-wide healing more, but Minimo's 20% single healing might be more useful in a mage party since I only have 2 melee capable mages and ideally I'd be micro-ing them in one at a time. Do I even need their healing skills if I have Elemia? Golnessa's slowdown ability could be useful, although it is two mana. I also have a LB3 Yona. Her healing skill is less expensive than Elemia's, but doesn't heal blind. So maybe I should have both Yona and Elemia for healing in specific situations.

Almost done with all the free quests in Nine Territories and running out of things to do. Events needs to come faster on a weekly rate.

BJK

RNJesus hated me today; 20 AP daily took 8 tries (including a stamina fruit), and I didn't finish the 10 AP daily after 7 tries.

Hoping the announcement about Coro bugs means they think these things have been fixed, such that the next raid starts Monday.

I'll level up at least once more by then, which will give me enough cost to go with the following:

Deed (60/60)
Alvert (45/50)
Kai (48/50)
Melvina (45/45)
--
Juliana (39/60)
Hero (27/40)

Juliana has more Attack than Kai; not sure if the healer boost is worth keeping her in the sub-party. If I get a 2nd raid spear, then Juliana's definitely going to the sub.

Severely tempted to try throwing some tickets at the Chain Story Festival. I have 3 chain quests (Alvert, Slay, Juliana), so even one of the mediocre chain characters would be of value. I am intrigued by the variety of 4* healers on the list...even if I'm probably only going to get 3* archers from my tickets.

Azusa

Almost done with all the free quests in Nine Territories and running out of things to do. Events needs to come faster on a weekly rate.

There should be constant events. I have nothing to do in this game any more. Every quest available are completed. I just login play 3 times 20 sta daily dungeon and wait for full stamina refill and play daily again after work. Thats all. Boring.

Rixa

There should be constant events. I have nothing to do in this game any more. Every quest available are completed. I just login play 3 times 20 sta daily dungeon and wait for full stamina refill and play daily again after work. Thats all. Boring.

So true. Iam approaching this game from another angle. I have done the story sofar but about 1/3 of my free quests are not done. Aim is everyday to get all daily chests for rings and save them for ring characters.

This week I have used excess APs to 5 AP AC event. To get AC as much as possible for future use (if we get v2). Also exp is decent (5 AP 300exp) and having Nicky as sub gives 10% more exp to my party which helps them to raise levels faster.

garath

I'm getting there too. Main story all done, most of the free quests done. I login and do the daily 20ap quests for rings pretty much. Gonna try Titan Cave soon though. That sounds fun. Leveling up Marga and Latty for it.

desverger

Looks like next week is Golem week and Easter :p

And yeah, these games eventually run out of content. I started One Piece TC a month ago and that game lasted for like two weeks to finish the story portion. Just keep them in your pocket and play them when they get updates, I don't think any of these type of games could support very intensive play anyway.

Azusa

Looks like next week is Golem week and Easter :p

And yeah, these games eventually run out of content. I started One Piece TC a month ago and that game lasted for like two weeks to finish the story portion. Just keep them in your pocket and play them when they get updates, I don't think any of these type of games could support very intensive play anyway.

The problem is that I can finish event in one day while it lasts a week.

Yaari

Yeah its a pretty dull game. I now realize how important events are. I don't see myself quitting, but definitely not as excited for it as when I found about it in January.

Didn't notice this thread moved!

I've been getting lucky with these preimum tickets, I now have 5 of them stored up in my storage box. Wondering if I should save them for V2 or maybe use a couple on this easter event. Will any of you be doing the same?

Top Bottom