• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Finally got Rhynel to level 40 so I could get his prysma quest. Now I can dump his ass to free up some space. Next is to get Kain to 40 for his volunteer sword. Pretty much just spending my stamina fruits since the Silva event yields so much exp especially with the great success bonus.

I have Mille and Diez. Should I be keeping them for any quest requirements? Like if I have all 3 sisters something special will happen? I know their skills all synergize together, but other than that I really just want to sell them for rings. Diez seems useful for her 1 mana poison though.

desverger

What will we get? Will Lilith come?

Some sort of a golem event. A different golem each day. There's also some Easter stuff.

Really wondering when we'll get the next raid. If they plan to fix that 1hp bug it could take quite long, and it'll most likely delay v2 schedule as well.

Azusa

gumi – Brave Frontier publisher to lay off around 100 employees

Just around four months after an IPO which raised hundreds and millions of dollars, mobile games studio gumi has taken a dramatic turn in fortunes. The company announced plans to lay off about 11 percent (around 100) of its employees and that it would also sell two of its gaming assets. This follows the loss of USD 5 million for the fiscal year and the corruption in South Korea.

According to various industry reports, Brave Frontier’s overseas results failed to match those in domestic Japan, where the game remains really popular. Other games in the stable, such as Chain Chronicle, failed to fill the missing revenue.

https://mmoculture.com/2015/03/gumi-brave-frontier-publisher-to-lay-off-around-100-employees/

As expected. gumi just ruin games.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are the easiest/most likely chain quest characters to get hold of? I have two (barienna and slay) and would like to try and get two more if possible.

BJK

What are the easiest/most likely chain quest characters to get hold of? I have two (barienna and slay) and would like to try and get two more if possible.

Jedah is the only other 3* character with a chain quest (besides Slay); the rest are all tavern gacha 4*s and 5*s.

I'm sitting on 3 CSQ's (Alvert's tickets got me a lucky Juliana, and I normal summoned Slay)...but none of the options in the Chain Story Festival would be my first choice to add to my party, so I'm holding off.

Merun

No raid is messing a bit the schedule it seems.Chain Story Festival 2 is from JPCC December 2013. It came with the opening of the Imperial Capital ( chapter 10 ) and with New year event which Silva's current event is replacing. Silva's event is from March 2014 just after White Day festival..

Japan didn't have any specific event for Easter. Next week's golem event is from January 2014. I better warn that the last golem will be a 4 battles at lvl 50. First training quest will also be the most efficient for ranking up. The quest reward is a sword with damage bonus against golem.

Second training quest will be better to level up your arcana.

Considering that Gimu is delaying the raids, I hope we get Selene's event soon ( it came in December 2013, before Chain Story Festival 2 for JPCC). It will give a breath of fresh air since it's still a new type of event for global.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well bariennas chain quest was worth it for all the rings and two premium tickets for completing it. I'm currently on chapter 6-4, so am I soon going to be at the nine kingdoms, and should I wait to use the tickets there?

Yaari

Well bariennas chain quest was worth it for all the rings and two premium tickets for completing it. I'm currently on chapter 6-4, so am I soon going to be at the nine kingdoms, and should I wait to use the tickets there?

I'd wait regardless, better use them on a good event. If you use them at all.

Gumi said:
Stone creatures suddenly appears and its heading straight to the Holy Kingdom!

Captains, strengthen your forces and help the Volunteer Army to hunt the escape golems in the land of Yggdra!

Get to know more about it SOON at the Dawning!

Yup, golem event here we come.

Gizuko

wish there was a way to get translations for the daily and weekly missions in the jp version

I'm making do with GoogleTranslate, since the app translates screenshots and whantnot.

Anyway, so far most of the dailies I have finished are something along the lines of "Finish the last enemy from a quest with X character type", much like the special finish - Today's daily mission was to kill the last creep with an archer, for me.

As for the weekly ones... well, most of the time it's trial and error based on a bad translation, but it's better than nothing. I do hope some kind soul decides to translate the weekly ones.

Elija2

Just discovered something neat: if you go to a character's info page and spin their model around fast enough they'll get dizzy.

Hmm, so no Lilith next week then I guess? I was looking forward to it.

You and me both, the most I've enjoyed the game is when I started playing on the last couple days of the Coro event. Right now I have the story cleared as well as most of the worthwhile free quests. All I'm doing now is grinding to rank up and increase my cost.

Elija2

Wondering if I should use some of my stamina fruit to grind the event quest for enhancers before it ends. I already leveled my Phoena to 43 thanks to that quest.

desverger

Finished Jedah's chain story. Total rewards were 7x fortune rings, and a 15/10/10 hammer, which increases attack power with less than 1/3 hp. It's okay, I guess.

Was expecting some summon tickets as well, but I suppose you only get those with Phoena rewards? This was my 2nd chain story.

BJK

Finished Jedah's chain story. Total rewards were 7x fortune rings, and a 15/10/10 hammer, which increases attack power with less than 1/3 hp. It's okay, I guess.

Was expecting some summon tickets as well, but I suppose you only get those with Phoena rewards? This was my 2nd chain story.

Most chain story characters drop weapons; the rest (Slay, Kiki, Alvert, Barienna, and Karen) give 2 premium tickets.

Merun

It seems there is some difference between what I said for the golem event and what we currently have, notably the training quest. I will recheck later...

Rixa

It seems there is some difference between what I said for the golem event and what we currently have, notably the training quest. I will recheck later...

At the moment we are missing quest where you can get 3* forager.

Anyways. If you are thinking that 7.0% (JPCC) pull rate for SSR is much better than 1.7% (GCC). Here is my take of it (wrote it to another forum). After 1 week of playing JPCC

Some numbers & conclusion. As you (and I) have stated earlier, pull rate is shit. I dont see any difference between 1.7% (GCC) or 7.0% (JPCC) Prysma / Prem Tix pulls.

After 85 Prysma and 10 Premium tickets used, I got only 1 5* unit "Old Pervert" and I dont like Bokuden at all. I made 10 Prem Tix pulls at Holy Capital, got 3x 4* units. Also got 1 Err-3 which terminated my application and I did lose 1 tix.

Next step is to hoard all those Prysma from character quest and see how many pulls I can make with them.
If I didnt have 5* Ruuno (Runo?) pull from 5 rings gacha and 5* mage pull from 2k gacha I would consider reroll. But meh Iam too lazy since I got Sticchia after last rerolls and I think my luck wouldnt change to any better.

All in all: Start in JPCC is definetly way easier (thanks to march event for newbies) than in GCC but pulls are same shit :p.

One Prysma pull costs 5 Prysma. Of course its small amount of pulls but I have read on another forum about same kind stories (10 pulls and no 5*).

Well I got 500 demon coins this morning I didn't use. It's a shame the raid was an accident. If it actually went ahead at the same time as this golem festival thing it would've been a nice remedy to the lack of content that has set in.

I should've noticed something was up since there was Coro art all over the raid screens.

Anyways. If you are thinking that 7.0% (JPCC) pull rate for SSR is much better than 1.7% (GCC). Here is my take of it (wrote it to another forum). After 1 week of playing JPCC

One Prysma pull costs 5 Prysma. Of course its small amount of pulls but I have read on another forum about same kind stories (10 pulls and no 5*).

The one thing I like about JPCC is the 2k arcana coins pull. It gives you a chance to get the current fortune ring character and I guess I been lucky enough to pull her twice this month.

Can't say the same about the fortune ring gacha character. ~_~

Besides that, the pulls are still pretty bad. Took me a while in rerolling during the White Day event to pull a 5 star. But they do offer a bunch more freebies. Quests giving out 4 stars for events and that you can eventually get 5 stars from the missions.

I dont see any difference between 1.7% (GCC) or 7.0% (JPCC) Prysma / Prem Tix pulls.

This is why i don't really understand why people are saving all of their prysma for the increased gacha rate in V2.0.
You either get RNG screwed and get 0 SSR's, (which is still possible considering a 7% SSR rate) Or you get good luck and get some SSR's.

But even getting good luck isn't really benificial because of the way this game works.

Let's assume that most of the people saving their prysma are F2P and are using a warrior team (as it's the most F2P friendly), by the time V2.0 comes around their team consists of:

Main party

- 5* Sulstan LB4 (if the player is actively trying to get fortune rings)

- 5* Lindsey LB4

- 5* Coropatilon LB2~4 (depends on luck)

- 3* Any healer obtained from Demon coins/Arcana coin pulls

Notable subs

- 5* Rerolled Lolleta/Nympha/any other soldier that was in an event gacha

- 2* Dusty LB 4

- 2* Latty LB 4

- 3* Haruaki (from the free quest)

- 3* Any other soldier obtained from Demon coins/Arcana coins

Let's assume that you get really lucky and obtain 3 SSR's, how much is it going to benefit you?

- Any Archer you get is useless
- Most of the knights you get are useless
- Mages only work well with other mages

Even getting a warrior is pretty useless since it's LB1 and can't compete with your event units.

All that said, i think that it is better for a F2P player to just roll whenever an event is up. It's more fun than rolling everything at once and fortune rings still have some value in V1.

garath

This is why i don't really understand why people are saving all of their prysma for the increased gacha rate in V2.0.
You either get RNG screwed and get 0 SSR's, (which is still possible considering a 7% SSR rate) Or you get good luck and get some SSR's.

But even getting good luck isn't really benificial because of the way this game works.

Let's assume that most of the people saving their prysma are F2P and are using a warrior team (as it's the most F2P friendly), by the time V2.0 comes around their team consists of:

Main party

- 5* Sulstan LB4 (if the player is actively trying to get fortune rings)

- 5* Lindsey LB4

- 5* Coropatilon LB2~4 (depends on luck)

- 3* Any healer obtained from Demon coins/Arcana coin pulls

Notable subs

- 5* Rerolled Lolleta/Nympha/any other soldier that was in an event gacha

- 2* Dusty LB 4

- 2* Latty LB 4

- 3* Haruaki (from the free quest)

- 3* Any other soldier obtained from Demon coins/Arcana coins

Let's assume that you get really lucky and obtain 3 SSR's, how much is it going to benefit you?

- Any Archer you get is useless
- Most of the knights you get are useless
- Mages only work well with other mages

Even getting a warrior is pretty useless since it's LB1 and can't compete with your event units.

All that said, i think that it is better for a F2P player to just roll whenever an event is up. It's more fun than rolling everything at once and fortune rings still have some value in V1.

It's more about maximizing your prysma. If you're a f2p player, you have a finite amount with some small trickles after that. Considering you have a party that can tackle all the current content with ease, would you rather roll with a 3% chance to get the UR you are looking for or a 7% chance?

For a sub party I'd like Juliana at least and had NO luck pulling her last event with the entire 800 prysma I had saved up. I would have been better off waiting for her to be featured in v2 no? Better chance of getting what you want.

It's more about maximizing your prysma. If you're a f2p player, you have a finite amount with some small trickles after that. Considering you have a party that can tackle all the current content with ease, would you rather roll with a 3% chance to get the UR you are looking for or a 7% chance?

For a sub party I'd like Juliana at least and had NO luck pulling her last event with the entire 800 prysma I had saved up. I would have been better off waiting for her to be featured in v2 no? Better chance of getting what you want.

But is waiting 5 months for V2.0 just to get that small increase in % worth it?
Rolling for Juliana now and at least getting fortune rings (while you can still use them for Sulstan/Lindsey) seems better to me then waiting all that time, hyping up this "super awesome" roll and still getting nothing.

garath

But is waiting 5 months for V2.0 just to get that small increase in % worth it?
Rolling for Juliana now and at least getting fortune rings (while you can still use them for Sulstan/Lindsey) seems better to me then waiting all that time, hyping up this "super awesome" roll and still getting nothing.

It goes to the "current content" thing. There's literally nothing I can't beat with my current f2p party even without the perfect balance. Why waste the prysma for a small chance at Juliana when I really don't need her to succeed?

I already have enough rings to LB4 Sulstan. I'm still saving for Lindsey's return but I get a decent amount just grinding the daily quests (since there's not much else better to do).

Rixa

Normal RNG. 60 AP wasted to 20 AP int and only 1 & 2 chest got, total off 5 chests in 3 runs :p. Yesterday it took over 100 AP to get 10 AP rookie done.

Rixa

Gumi trolling?
CCMaint1.PNG
and
CCMaint2.PNG
This has to be april foolsday joke :D

Everyone is going to get free 1* Greg /jk

Rixa

Another possibility is raid + chapter 10. Or just chapter 10 + new characters.
I heard that these units are supposed to come out before Ael Gurun raid. But cause we are talking about Gumi, everything is possible and prepare to lower your expectations.

Top Bottom