• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Gizuko

V2.0 arrives but no increased SSR rates and arcana coin gacha.
the ultimate april fools joke

I read Sega actually changed those rates to adapt to a new japanese law regarding gacha-style games. As long as a similar law doesn't force gumi to do the same, they are pretty much free to leave them unchanged.

Still, that would mean a lot of people would give them the middle finger, so it wouldn't be a wise decision.

Also, as long as v2 goes, increased rates do help, but even with the pick-up system (a set of ssr and sr are more likely to drop, over the rest of ssr and sr) you are pulling from a bigger poll of ssr and sr, so lbing a character is pretty difficult, and you actually need to Lb them in v2.

Then again, power creep and a higher rate means waiting makes a lot of sense if you already ave all the rings you need.

Yaari

Not sure why people think V2 is coming. The game will go through many updates, some of which are really insignificant. If JP did not have V2 at this time in their timeline, then we are not going to get it either, they are just going down the same path. It would only make work more difficult for them if they had to go to V2 to continue to run the same content.

desverger

Yeah, that free Arcana was a funny April's troll by gimu.

So, anyone else going to buy Tigre tomorrow? I'm getting one copy for the eventual bow raid coming in 2017 :p

Gizuko

How hard is v2 actually going to be?
My long term plan is just using Fortune ring characters and the Soldier demon raid Arcanas.
Will i be able to complete all the content with that?

I still have to reach continent of sins and a lot of the harder v2 content story-wise (chapter 10 has a fairly funny difficulty spike, though), but the events are fairly unforgiving so far.

For example, during the nanatsu collaboration there was a lvl70-75 free quest with awesome rewards, but not easily farmeable without a LBen team, in the current event you need to actually have at least 12 fighting-capable units and so on.

Quixzlizx

Another possibility is raid + chapter 10. Or just chapter 10 + new characters.
I heard that these units are supposed to come out before Ael Gurun raid. But cause we are talking about Gumi, everything is possible and prepare to lower your expectations.

Two of those units are featured in today's golem quest. I was wondering who they were.

desverger

Probably just 1 stamina fruit :p

I just got my Deed to 60, and that was a good time as any to buy Tigre. Got 120ish rings left.

I've also given the Golem sword to Nimpha. We'll see if that's required or not for this event.

Rixa

Btw. No daily login at all (usually when month changes it drops til half about).
Not sure if they implement new Daily Login system or is it just another bug.

3.3.15 Daily Login Reward

Gumi official said:
Captains,

We heard your feedback regarding the daily login reward and we are coordinating with the developers in an effort to improve the system to make it better in the future.

Thank you for your support and continued patronage!

Gizuko

Actually, I received 1500AC as login gift today, it seems mine didn't reset, as I saw a premium ticket in one of the other chests.

I'm tempted to get a copy of Paloma, too, but RNG has been screwing with me lately, and I'm at 165ish rings (damn you, last chest of the 20ap quest!), so getting her would seriously endanger my chances of MLB either sulstan or Frau. Sulstan is already a lost cause, which I don't really mind: where it not for Agudara's cost, she'd clearly be the best choice. Frau on the other hand... I do want to MLB her.

Philipp, Emma and Nicky are my only archers, though... I don't know if I'll be able to pull through the bow raid. Well, I have time to decide, I guess.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Started hitting the max level on some of my Main characters like Elemia, so I'm running a backup team of secondary characters just so I can use the XP for something. Getting Barienna means I have an OK knight tea now (barienna, Robby, Thomas, Latty MLB). Trouble is most friends are warriors so that can still lead to mana fragmentation.

Is Tigre worth 70 rings? Low stats overall in comparison to Katarith, but the ability to poison enemies with normal shots could be good.

Rixa

Is Tigre worth 70 rings? Low stats overall in comparison to Katarith, but the ability to poison enemies with normal shots could be good.

I might buy one, due to poison. In raids it is + damage but ofc you need to raise Tigre to 60.

Also got daily login reward (1500ac). Seems that we all get 3* All Enhancer as april fools gift.

Gizuko

x8 damage + poison for 2 mana, posion proc on normal attacks and +%attack during boss waves make her a good character. Not sulstan-great, not even Lindsey-good, but debuff teams are a thing, so she has a niche, and she is good in general terms as well.

Sulstan is due next month, I think, so that makes her a bit less valuable, though.

x8 damage + poison for 2 mana, posion proc on normal attacks and +%attack during boss waves make her a good character. Not sulstan-great, not even Lindsey-good, but debuff teams are a thing, so she has a niche, and she is good in general terms as well.

Sulstan is due next month, I think, so that makes her a bit less valuable, though.

thanks. I think I'll save my rings to LB Sulstan, he looks like one the best PG in the game.

Oreoleo

Btw. No daily login at all (usually when month changes it drops til half about).
Not sure if they implement new Daily Login system or is it just another bug.

I just got my daily login reward. Seems it was just delayed a few hours?

What's the best quest to farm gold on? Trying to upgrade my team's weapons all at once has sent me from 200k gold to broke in like 3 days :(

So I got a premium ticket from my daily login bonus and used it to pull Alvert cause of the Golem festival boost.

Wanted Nimpha but I guess Alvert is better than a 3 star.

Gizuko

What's the best quest to farm gold on? Trying to upgrade my team's weapons all at once has sent me from 200k gold to broke in like 3 days :(

That happened to me during the Coro raid :/ Still, I was somehow lucky since I could sell 1*, 2* and 3* arcana from DC pulls.

I'd actually try the current special training quests - the weapons one offers weapon enhancers which you can sell, and 2 gold drops, for example. The gold rate isn't amazing, but neither is anywhere else, and you can either farm rank or character exp this way.

Other than that... Do try to get 1-2M gold next weekend, so that it'll last you the whole week, even accounting for ridiculously expensive weapons.

Oreoleo

That happened to me during the Coro raid :/ Still, I was somehow lucky since I could sell 1*, 2* and 3* arcana from DC pulls.

I'd actually try the current special training quests - the weapons one offers weapon enhancers which you can sell, and 2 gold drops, for example. The gold rate isn't amazing, but neither is anywhere else, and you can either farm rank or character exp this way.

Other than that... Do try to get 1-2M gold next weekend, so that it'll last you the whole week, even accounting for ridiculously expensive weapons.

Oh I didn't even think about selling the enhancers, those 1* basically don't do anything anymore. Good call.

WTF Gumi? Maintenance again? Is it possibile that once a week maintenance is mandatory? I played lots of famous android games such as puzzle and dragons and i never experienced something like this.
Gumi must be the worst developer of "AAA" android games.

Rixa

WTF Gumi? Maintenance again? Is it possibile that once a week maintenance is mandatory? I played lots of famous android games such as puzzle and dragons and i never experienced something like this.
Gumi must be the worst developer of "AAA" android games.

Only shitty thing in this maintenance is that they informed it one day earlier.

orrible

Neo Member
At least it looks like they're adding something after the maintenance. I just updated my android version and under what's new it says new gauntlet feature.

Just did a quick google search that lead me to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPDaTgTmOC4

Looks like a PVP mode where you face off against other players' teams controlled by the CPU.

Rixa

Which IS THE best way to grind fortune rings?

Bite the rng and do dailies intermediate (20 AP) and rookie (10 AP). Sometimes you get them in decent amount of AP done, usually not.

20 AP daily gives you 1 ring when you get all 4 chests and then you sell also that 3* enhancer

10 AP daily gives you 1 ring when you get all 4 chests.

Sometimes you dont have enough AP left to do 10 AP dailies and sometimes you get more 3* enhancers than one from 20 AP (due to many tries).
^^
If you get all on every day its 5x3 rings + 2 from weekend gold chests totalling 17 rings per week (you need to sell 3* enhancer for ring).

There is no easy way to grind rings.

Elija2

Did the Japan version ever have this mode?

Looks pretty neat. It'll at least give me something new to do in the game.

Rixa

Already planning to use monomage party and loan friend Cheerys for instant Cherrybombs :D

Aludra + Cheery...

Edit: Of course I need to add Aludra + Nelva + Bilgitto and then loan friend Cheery and do double Cheerybomb.

How to get 80 level Phoena in GCC? Do we have enough CSQ to obtain all Phoenas and story?
Why is Velnar only 68 while others are maxed :p.

CCgauntlet.PNG

This has to be in the middle of fight:

CCgauntlet2.PNG

We regret to inform you that the Maintenance has been extended for four (4) hours until April 2, 11:00AM PST due to technical difficulties

Par for the course.

Don't worry for we will be sending out 1 Stamina Fruit and 1 Premium Ticket as a compensation for the extension and as a token of our gratitude for your untiring support and patience once the server is up.

is nice though.

BJK

...one of the reasons I liked this game was that it didn't have PvP. It's a feature that's inherently pay-to-win. If they're putting it in the game, you just know there's going to be some major carrot on the end of the stick.

(Also, sucks to have a knight team given that 90% of players have a Coro team.)

Yaari

So did JP never have this either then? Because most people had no idea what this even was.

It's not really PVP anyway. You most likely play against an existing different team, but its computer controller at best. If anything, its more PVE content.

Rixa

Yaari ^^ I think this is Gumi Event, global exclu thingie that hasnt been in JPCC.

I saw this in other place, I dont have a link so not sure ho legit it is, but we might get 2 Stam Fruits & 1 Prem Tix.

Reply from CC mod in FB: Hi [my name] I have attended your concern and forwarded it to our proper team. They will be adding additional Stamina Fruits to make up for the delay but unfortunately that would be all (╹‸╹✿) I still hope that this 2 stamina fruits and one premium ticket will aid you on your journey. Take care~!

Take it with grain of salt, but hopefully its 2 fruits we get instead of 1.

Gizuko

I have never read anything about this event, either, and I can't find any information on it other than gumi's either, so I'd say it gumi's original.

Weirdness awaits.

OT: can't believe how well Sega handless failed events: the latest one was a huge flop due to unbelievably forced p2w content (time attack with multiple teams where a character couldn't be placed in two teams, event character's "help" was underwhelming and unbelievably point-expensive rewards), yet they offered a free copy of the main prize of the event (Rafalgar) to anyone who got at least 1point, tickets and extra copies for those who got close to MLB him and v1 versions of every event char you got in the gacha (free rings).

No ridiculous lvl50 quests, no schedule delay, unlike Gumi.

As an afterthought, couldn't Gumi be trying to test this new event instead of sega? to avoid 2 flops in a row. Nothing similar is scheduled for April, though.

Quixzlizx

Is anyone else getting an "An unknown error has occurred during login" message now?

Edit: Nevermind. I updated the app and it's back to server maintenance.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Isn't it now two hours late for the four hours late they originally said they were going to be?

At this rate I'm going to lose 24 hours and the entire daily quest as I'll need to go to bed in a couple of hours

Top Bottom