• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Ive been trying record keeper for a bit, gear oriented rewards are kind of underwhelming. You get these rare 5 star items and no way to really show for it. Also no friend system is really strange for a mobile game in 2015.

Yaari

I'm probably sticking around because I put some money into it. If they screw up like that I doubt I'd feel bad about it at all. Refund and onwards to FF:RK lol.

Pbae

that's ok, I can remember which characters I had. My all-warrior 5* MLB team was quite something to behold ;)

It's amazing how generous the gacha for this game was.

Everyone had a max limit broken, Nimpha, Parchelle, Wayne, Lindsay, Cheery, Yuni, and etc.

chrono01

Okay, this is beyond embarrassing at this point, even for Gumi. What is it? 36 hours for maintenance so far? I'm not even sure anymore. I'm getting really tired of this. The worst part is there doesn't seem to be anything worthwhile even coming out of this. They announced the "PVP/Gauntlet" thing, but then stated that it's not even part of this patch/maintenance. So what's taking so long?

As each hour passes, I'm seriously starting to believe my earlier suspicions that Gumi somehow lost our account data and are desperately trying to recover it. Considering it's Gumi, it's entirely possible.

Yaari

Soooo... How has Record Keeper been? Worth jumping in?

It's fun fun yeah.

Honestly, I wonder when they get the entire thing running again. At this point it won't surprise me if it takes the full weekend.

They better pay up and not be stingy on this one.

Did they at least make up some bull shit excuse like " someone spilled coffee on the servers." ?

I am seriously doubting it will be back up before it reaches the 48 hours mark.

elty

+ 8 bit style graphic
+ many FF characters
+ stamina regen every 3 minutes
+ no BS 4th chest that never drop
+ daily drops a lot of material
+ easy to begin
+ character/equipment synergy is amazing (1* weapon in the corresponding dungeon >= 4* weapon, 2* >= 5* etc)
+ character not behind a paywall
+ no 12 24 36 48 hours maintenance

- no friend system
- only equipment gatcha
- OP equipment is very OP
- difficulties ramp up later
- poor menu performance on some Android devices
- grind for item/equipment drops

Daily in FFRK = 30 stamina to complete = 90 minutes
Daily in CC = 20-140 stamina to AP = 160 to 1120 minutes

Yaari

Though, on that note, perhaps not putting characters behind a pay-wall, is one of the best thing they could have done? Nobody likes having to throw out hundreds to be able to get Sepiroth. I don't think it could really work anyway, there's not enough relevant FF characters to run a gacha business on them.

I heard a friendllist will come later, but I question the form of it. It doesn't seem like there is room for another character in battle.

Okay, this is beyond embarrassing at this point, even for Gumi.

Does Gumi usually have these kind of fuck ups? I see people complain about Gumi in other threads, but they're never specific. Is it that they have consistent server/raid/event issues, they don't regularly bring events and updates or all of the above?

Record Keeper is a lot of fun and worth it if you're a FF fan.

elty

Last time they post a maintenance window... then they end up doing it one whole day earlier. Their maintenance, even when not delayed seems to be very long compared to every other online game.

Yaari

Last time they post a maintenance window... then they end up doing it one whole day earlier. Their maintenance, even when not delayed seems to be very long compared to every other online game.

Yeah, they fuck up often. Honestly CC is a fun game but the company is the thing that makes or breaks it, and if anyone wants to play Chain Chronicle and doesn't care about stories, I'd send them to JPCC because Gumi is a trainwreck.

I think I'm sold on FF RC, I'll give it a go over the weekend. I just need to finish off the story content in Terra Battle which sucked me in a couple weeks ago.

their compensation seems pretty crap too imo

That's kinda how I feel. I mean premium tickets and fruits are great and all but some sort of event would be better instead of usable items that will just be saved up by most people.

I'd like to think they're doubling down to make sure they have their shit together for the upcoming raid.

Everyone always talks about JPCC, and I agree the rates and service are fantastic, but am I the only one who can't live without auto-battle and 2x speed? I understand a fair bit of Japanese, but I'll be damned if I have to manually do everything in this game.

No Autobattle sure, but CCJP does have speed up option in battles so its not so painfully slow.

Then again, I haven't really touched the dailies yet, since I have so much other content (story, event, characters) to do. :p

Elija2

No auto-battle? Why would they remove that feature?

This maintenance is killing me. This is the downtime I would expect if they were upgrading to v2.

desverger

Oh wow. I wake up and maint is still going on :p

Really starting to worry they've messed up something bad now.

I guess there's no additional compensation announced?

elty

They don't even bother top update the situation anymore. Maybe the 100 staffs they layoff earlier happen to work on this game..

Vylash

*** MAINTENANCE UPDATE: April 3, 2015 19:00 PST ***

We are sorry to inform that the server maintenance is still on going. It has been 48 hours since we have started the maintenance and we understand your frustrations and concerns. As of writing our development team is working to get the game running smoothly again. Please note that compensation will be adjusted accordingly as well.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused by this downtime and rest assured we strive to provide the best gaming experience to all of our players.

We thank all players for their patience and understanding during this extended down time.

Do stay tuned for further updates.

welp

chrono01

Man, if maintenance such as this is taking 48+ hours to complete, can you imagine how it'll be when we get V2? It'll be a week-long maintenance.

Oreoleo

Are we going to lose our login bonus level? Past the month change loss, I guess.

Don't worry Captains, as we will give out the following as a token of our gratitude for your unending support and patience once the server is up:

- 1 Premium Ticket
- 2 Stamina Fruit
- 3 Fortune Rings
- Max Rarity Bar for the Daily Login Bonus

Top Bottom