• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

I have played JPCC about 2 weeks now. I have used ~100 prysma for pulls (5 per pull) plus 10 premium tickets that we got if you managed to get rank to 30 on March. My only Prysma / Ticket 5* pull is Bokuden, I dont use him.

But ring & 2k gacha has been generous:

JPCC1.PNG
JPCC2.PNG

JPCC3.PNG
JPCC4.PNG
^^ The difference between JPCC & GCC is those Arcanas, ok JPCC is 1½ year old and GCC is ~½ year. Maybe at some day there will be same kinda of thing in GCC that you can get shitloads of golden units in 2 weeks.

Quixzlizx

Yup. I needed 2 tries. First was with monomage team (Aludra 60, Rebecca 48, Minimo 43, Karen 43) and lvl 65 Cheery friend.Got easily to 8/8. Bombed wave 8/8 5 times Cherrybomb without luck, was kinda wtf and then died with half hp left.

So tactic change ->

2nd try was with multicolour party: Aludra 60, Deed 59(lb1), Toka 50, Melvina 50, friend Parchelle 60, subs Dusty 50, Rebecca 48. Some struggle at earlier wave (6/8 was hard), got to Golem 8/8 wave.

Toka skillrushed through golem to kill Melchior (just managed to do it). Deed & Parchelle tanked, Aludra shooted. Deed died, incomes Rebecca to shoot. Golem finally dead 3* & 4* warrior enhancers as reward.

Toka & Parhcelle has wave healing ability and Parchelle has awesome self heal (over 6k per skill, which is 1 mana). You need to have unit that can go through golem (skill rush or something) and kill Melchior, then some other to tank the golem.

It was hard indeed.

If all you get is a 4* enhancer, maybe I should just forget it. I got wrecked on the third stage yesterday during the mid-boss wave. I haven't equipped the ogre broadsword yet, but I don't know how useful it'll be.

Rixa

If all you get is a 4* enhancer, maybe I should just forget it. I got wrecked on the third stage yesterday during the mid-boss wave. I haven't equipped the ogre broadsword yet, but I don't know how useful it'll be.

The gold card is 4* warrior enhancer. You also get 3* warrior enhancer as last wave chest drop.

^^ Iam not bothering to do that quest with my alt account at all. I know it would be just wasting stamina.

sibarraz

Banned
If I want to enhance my character and should use other characters, they must be from the same class or that doesn't matter? I'm asking in the sense of getting more exp

I know about character enchancers, but don't know about the others

garath

Ugh. Today's goblin wasn't even prysma. It was a single stinking fortune ring. Not at all worth the 12 tries.

I didn't find the golem quest to be that bad. My soldier team hits hard. Plus if you save your red mana, Lindsey can abuse the invulnerability frames for a very long time.

Completed the master golem quest. I just walked up to the boss as fast as possible and when Melchior appeared he was still in range for Coropatilon's skill. With Melchior down the rest of the fight was a breeze.

Elija2

So with the latest update Phoena's ability quest is now available. It's a level 75 quest though so I doubt I'll even be able to beat it.

I might just use my compensation premium tickets as soon as I get them and hope I can LB some of my arcana, or at the very least get a new 5* arcana.

Are Fuuko or Tigre worth spending fortune rings on?

elty

The goblin hunt is even worse than daily - at least with daily I can just auto it and curse at the drop later.

Quixzlizx

The goblin hunt is even worse than daily - at least with daily I can just auto it and curse at the drop later.

Yeah, after only getting the first two chests after my first 5 tries on the first quest, I gave up on it. It's really obnoxious to do, and the xp/loot from it is garbage.

BJK

How do you get phoena?

Complete a Chain Story Quest, a separate set of quests only a limited # of characters have. There are 2 characters who can be pulled from normal summons (Slay, Jedah...though you may need to be halfway through the story before he's available); the rest come from 4* or 5* characters.

You get one Phoena after your first completed chain, then another every 3 chains after that, until you have her MLB'd.

(If you're just starting, don't worry about getting her. The 2nd ability that makes her useful unlocks with a very difficult quest, in Chapter 10. She's not a great healer, since her mana-ability is actually offensive. Plus, she's a late bloomer...so her stats only get good once she's been LB'd a few times.)

Zhengi

Finally caught up and got through the golem and goblin quests. So far, I have 5 premium tickets saved up. Saving them for a special occasion.

Gizuko

First, I decided to go full mage --> got Yoshikage, LB2 Coro
Then I switched to Mage/warrior, since as a f2p player, it was the better option --> got Fi-Fi, now I can field 2x 4*, 1x 5* and Yona (3*) as healer, in a mono mage goodness.

Fuck this RNG, seriously.

chrono01

These Goblin quests are so obnoxious. They're not difficult for my party [I even auto-battle through it at 2x speed with careful healing], it's just...not fun.

I'll do the ones for the Prysma [I guess], but there's no way in hell these are worth a single Fortune Ring.

Kettch

These Goblin quests are so obnoxious. They're not difficult for my party [I even auto-battle through it at 2x speed with careful healing], it's just...not fun.

I'll do the ones for the Prysma [I guess], but there's no way in hell these are worth a single Fortune Ring.

As someone who just started last week and doesn't have any decent ranged characters, I'm actually enjoying it. Moving in to trigger explosions and dodging out again before they hit is more fun than the rest of the content I've gotten through so far.

chrono01

As someone who just started last week and doesn't have any decent ranged characters, I'm actually enjoying it. Moving in to trigger explosions and dodging out again before they hit is more fun than the rest of the content I've gotten through so far.
Well, I'm glad they found someone who enjoy it anyway, haha.

I do not. :(

elty

It was kind of fun in the first few tries, then it became tedious when the 4th chest didn't drop for the 10th time.

desverger

The only good thing about this Snow Mountain event is that it isn't going to tempt me to waste my premium tickets.

Lol, too true. The elemental damage types is the most boggling feature of this game. You're always gimping yourself against one type of enemy, so they're definitely not worth it. V2 changes things so you don't get the reduced damage, so that makes more sense.

I also finished the last Golem assault with a soldier team without continues. It was tough, but doable. I certainly couldn't have done it without a MLB Lindsey friend, though - those dark golems hit bloody hard, and having Lindsey and Coro tank a few hits makes a world of difference with their regen.

Once again the lack of healing almost got me killed. Speaking of which, is there a tavern I could pull Melvina as a 3* more commonly, or are the 3* characters spread over all taverns? I wish there was a healer rate up, I'd spend all my tickets and prysma to pull :p

I'm also appreciating Tigre a lot. I did her first quest (lv20), and it gives her a passive ability to cause poison with regular attacks. It occurs quite often, eyeballing it the chance seems to be almost 50% or higher. Second, her ability is useful in sniping a healer from the backrow. The poison effect is nice, but the ability shouldn't be used for it alone.

garath

I now have 7 premium tickets. Going to wait until something like Juliana comes back before spending them. Also have like 300 prysma too. Guess if I find an event I like I can get pull happy and leave disappointed. :)

Quixzlizx

Does anyone know what the stats are for the upcoming demon raid spear weapon? I've kind of held off on weapon enhancing my spear characters since I don't want to waste stats.

i blew my tickets because the chances for a mage were high... and i got all 3 stars. fuck. at least one has a piercing ability.

i can beat these goblin stages on auto battle without taking any damage now, drop rates are still shit.

Lol, too true. The elemental damage types is the most boggling feature of this game. You're always gimping yourself against one type of enemy, so they're definitely not worth it. V2 changes things so you don't get the reduced damage, so that makes more sense.

I got Toto some time ago and with his fire augment skill i have no need for arcana with an innate fire attack.
I put him into my team whenever there are enemies weak to fire and every time i use his skill my whole party deals double damage and melts away every enemy on their path.

desverger

I got Toto some time ago and with his fire augment skill i have no need for arcana with an innate fire attack.
I put him into my team whenever there are enemies weak to fire and every time i use his skill my whole party deals double damage and melts away every enemy on their path.

That reminds me, I have that one guy from AC pulls (Yotta-Yotta or something) that can buff allies with fire attacks. Could come in handy if I ever struggle with ice enemies, I suppose :p

But yes, in buff form those abilities are good.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How long before we get the recruitment even based on that new vote? Presumably those will be decent characters.

garath

I hate hate hate hate hate the goblin event. The drop rate is abysmal.

They need to drop sulstan dammit. I want a new character. I have 320 rings waiting.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Used my three premium tickets. Got one 4* Mage I wasn't interested in, and TWO audettes :/ used one to MLB and I sold the other one.

Quixzlizx

If I have a Liberation on Toka, is it worth replacing it with a Grief Scythe? I'm thinking that 8/7/9 might be better than 10/8/4.

Edit: And I actually managed to beat the last titan quest on my first try. I bumrushed the titan boss so fast that Melchior couldn't fit on the screen behind him and had to leak down to the bottom of the screen.

desverger

If I have a Liberation on Toka, is it worth replacing it with a Grief Scythe? I'm thinking that 8/7/9 might be better than 10/8/4.

Edit: And I actually managed to beat the last titan quest on my first try. I bumrushed the titan boss so fast that Melchior couldn't fit on the screen behind him and had to leak down to the bottom of the screen.

That's actually pretty awesome :p I wonder if it'd work in other, similar stages as well.

As for your sword question, 2 ATK on a weapon is worth 200 ATK on a character. It's a bit of a toss-up, but I'd go for the higher attack. I've no idea how defence actually works in this game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
realized I didn't have a single Knight, did a pull and I certainly have one now

for those still resisting jp, join us in the promised land

Can you run the japanese version in parallel on the same device, or would you need to use a second phone/tablet?

emiliano

^ I don't know if the two versions can run at the same time (I don't have an enough powerful phone for even just swap between the games without rebooting them), but they surely can run on the same device.

desverger

Finished the Snow Mountain quests. The chests were 1000 AC, 10k gold and 1 fortune ring, respectively. Nothing spectacular for sure.

Also I received all the compensation from the downtime.

Did anyone else notice this "Sage's Gauntlet" place between Dawning and Breezeway? Clicking on it just gives an empty box :p

Top Bottom