• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

desverger

This is why i'm not really into this PvP mode. There is no skill involved, the only thing that you have to do is get lucky with mana and instakill the majority of your opponent's team before they can do the same to you.

There is no way to tell if you're going to survive their skills and there is also no way to dodge them. It's pretty annoying to see someone with a dash or ranged skill oneshot one of your main characters. The only way to dodge them that comes to mind is abusing the invulnerability frames when you cast your own skills wich makes this whole mode even more RNG dependent.

And then i haven't even talked about my encounters with Cheery where the only strategy seems to be to put two of your good units in the sub-party allowing them to swoop in and clean everything up after Cheery oneshots your main party.

Exactly how I feel. Also, the enemy team doesn't seem to be constrained by mana. It's kind of silly you can do maybe 1-2 abilities, depending on mana, and the enemy team can do 5. There was a time I was trying my damnest to kill a single unit which just kept spamming an aoe ability and did insane damage to my team.

I might give it a shot later on, if I build anything else besides a soldier team - but with a melee team, you might as well forget this mode.

Merun

Pvp is pretty mcuh worthless. The balance is totally skewed toward the AI who has lots of mana. Even with my lvl 61 Cheery I'm not facerolling. Nuke doesn't do enough damage to one shot and worst is that once I nuked 3 times in a row but didn't kill anyone because there was an Arietta healing each time. Perhaps if I had Aludra, but otherwise it's a pretty forgettable addition to the game.

sibarraz

Banned
The PVP mode sucks, I played my first match which I barely won even though my characters had more level. The next match was against a party with way more level than I, so didn't even tried

Oreoleo

I don't think it's so bad.. At least it doesn't use AP. My level ~35 Robbie and Minimo were wrecking fools. Got halfway through without really trying.

Yaari

It's interesting but buggy as shit. I'm sure their extended maintenance was in desperate attempt to make this mode more playable, but I've been getting a "Connecting" message ever since this morning, and only a fool would believe that's going to change anytime soon.

My Coro wipes the entire enemy front line in a single skill use, but enemy teams seem to go absolutely nuts in skill use. Pretty lame.

Aki-at

It's interesting but buggy as shit. I'm sure their extended maintenance was in desperate attempt to make this mode more playable, but I've been getting a "Connecting" message ever since this morning, and only a fool would believe that's going to change anytime soon.

My Coro wipes the entire enemy front line in a single skill use, but enemy teams seem to go absolutely nuts in skill use. Pretty lame.

Same, was hoping that I could at least use this mode to get honour tokens for ring fodder characters but been stuck on the connection issue every single time :/

Seems anyone with a AOE character can wipe the floor with entire teams.

Stider

You can get 100 honour after 3rd fight and 200 after 5th fight, need 4000 honour for a character draw.

Also, wondering who would be the best backup healer to level. Main is Arietta, also have Orianna, Vanessa and Melvina.

Yeah it's definitely unbalanced with the way skills are implemented. I guess it's all about timing invincibility.

My Sonya can take out 2 front liners and usually their healer in the back with her skill which is great for the first couple matches. Then today the only way forward was a rank 200 player with a max LB 5* team including Phoena, who just used her skill twice to nuke me into oblivion.

Stider

For those that have Aludra or Yoshino, in the Gauntlet do their abilities kick in at the start of each fight? If so, I can see them being extremely valuable to have for mono-colour teams.

elty

As someone who just started last week and doesn't have any decent ranged characters, I'm actually enjoying it. Moving in to trigger explosions and dodging out again before they hit is more fun than the rest of the content I've gotten through so far.

This PvP thing just sucks. Can barely win 2 battle.

desverger

I'm not even going to touch that sage thing for a while. My team is still pretty weak.

Actually, your team level doesn't really matter. Your opponents are always some kind of average between your own team unit levels.

I had better luck taking a bunch of max level chars in addition to lv1 chars. My first fight was against lv30 enemies :p

So you'd probably have better success with a low level team anyway.

Just to confirm, this Gauntlet is a Global exclusive feature, right?

Azusa

This player... GG

4YoJI6H.png

yYyrOiu.png

desverger

If a fight goes bad in the Gauntlet, you can just force close (at least on iOS) and redo it :p

It helps if your Coro spin doesn't connect!

Tried pvp, got wiped at the first encounter XD.
The opponent was spamming skill every second, how can one have any chances to win?
For me it was just a waste of time, I hope next week there will be Demon Raid.

Tried pvp, got wiped at the first encounter XD.
The opponent was spamming skill every second, how can one have any chances to win?
For me it was just a waste of time, I hope next week there will be Demon Raid.
How to with in pvp.

1. Have a strong aoe toon aka Coro.
2. Use how Aoe as soon as it is up.
3. Do not use speed or auto battle at all.
4. Do not kill healer until you built mana for next fight to spam aoe.
5. Against universal mage aldruwhatevr give up.
6. If you have force quit.

Made it 7 battles in before my entire party died. Now I don't have enough units to fight a rank 102 guy. got some honor tokens, enhancers, and a revival fruit, so it wasn't so bad.

This player... GG

lol I just ran into Alaric guarding a prysma chest.

The PvP is unbalanced and isn't a real draw away from the core game, but it's not a bad way to get some free enhancers/rings/prysma/fruits. So far I've made it 7 battles before I wiped. Only thing I'm missing out on is honor tokens at the end which I'm fine with.

There's some new event quests in JPCC that are pretty interesting.

First, is that they have a party cost limit, 40 for the first one, 50s for two others.

Second, they introduced slime enemies that multiple into two when hit. Kinda annoying since it doesn't seem like you can't prevent this.

Third is that there's a new enemy that shapeshifts into whichever character hits them first. I think it copies their stats too which made it terrifying when it copied my Ares.

The rewards feel pretty meh though.

desverger

So I bought 12 Revival Fruits for Phoena Quest. Only needed 4. Waste of rings.

Shame you can't sell them back :p

But I guess there might still be an use for them somewhere. Titan's Cave?

Also, what kind of team did you use for the Phoena quest?

Yaari

Shame you can't sell them back :p

But I guess there might still be an use for them somewhere. Titan's Cave?

Also, what kind of team did you use for the Phoena quest?
I tried Titan's Cave. It was horrible. Couldn't pass level 25. Those healers heal way too much, I gave up. Doubt I'll go back there.

Here's the team;

Lvl80 Lindsey
Lvl80 Coro
Lvl61 Lolleta
Lvl55 Melvina
SUB
Lvl22 Philip
Lvl38 Juliana

Quixzlizx

I tried Titan's Cave. It was horrible. Couldn't pass level 25. Those healers heal way too much, I gave up. Doubt I'll go back there.

Here's the team;

Lvl80 Lindsey
Lvl80 Coro
Lvl61 Lolleta
Lvl55 Melvina
SUB
Lvl22 Philip
Lvl38 Juliana

Don't 2*s get a huge buff there?

I have 5 premium tickets.

3 from compensation and 2 from finishing Alvert's chain story.

I want to blow it all. Will probably only get 3 stars cards I already had lol.

desverger

Here's the team;

Lvl80 Lindsey
Lvl80 Coro
Lvl61 Lolleta
Lvl55 Melvina
SUB
Lvl22 Philip
Lvl38 Juliana

Hmm, interesting. From that lineup I'm missing a second MLB character, and my Coro is only LB3. I also don't have Juliana as a sub. I'm unsure if Philip has some magical sub powers either.

But still, with two MLB characters it should be doable.. I might give it a try once I grab Sulstan, and hopefully LB him a few times. It all depends on if we ever get a demon raid again, since those are the best source for rings.

Also, I really need to get Melvina. I'm not gonna try that with a freaking Latty lol.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

And yes, Titan's Cave is kinda designed for 2* units. The best lineup there would be Dusty, Latty, Marga, Ryota and actually Coro, and at least Phoena as a sub.

Rixa

Gauntlet is my way to get Revive Fruits (buying with Honor Tokens, or grabbing from quest) for Phoenas quest. Also way to get Stamina fruits and free Prysma. As F2P Gauntlet is nice addon and option to get free stuff.

On chain-chronicle-forum.com there is awesome Guide to Sage's Gauntlet. Everyone should read & watch those videos, so good stuff.

desverger

Gauntlet is my way to get Revive Fruits (buying with Honor Tokens, or grabbing from quest) for Phoenas quest. Also way to get Stamina fruits and free Prysma. As F2P Gauntlet is nice addon and option to get free stuff.

On chain-chronicle-forum.com there is awesome Guide to Sage's Gauntlet. Everyone should read & watch those videos, so good stuff.

Thanks for the tips, they were useful! Especially the sub heal trick.

I actually finished the gauntlet for the first time today. I took a mono-soldier squad + Latty. Most units were there as lv1 just to be sacrificed for red mana for spins, and it was sorely needed in the later battles. Especially battle 6 seems to be rather burly.

I still had to force restart a bunch of times, namely when I rolled the wrong mana in the start, couldn't connect with a Coro spin or some random archer just decided to kill my Coro with a special. Still, managed to get through it all. It still feels a bit shoddy an unbalanced, but maybe they'll balance/patch it later on.

On my second attempt today there was a weird bug, in battle 3 I couldn't heal with Latty's special - the button was greyed out, even though I had her selected. This caused my Coro to die just when the battle completed and that was it - couldn't get anywhere anymore.

I'm still unsure if taking low level units lowers your enemy levels.

desverger

Yeah. I'm still a little salty about my level 70 coro. :/ even one coro pull would be a nice leg up.

75 here, and she can't spin to win MLB lv80 characters. They are left alive with a sliver of health :(

Maybe I should give her the Mad Knight's Hammer, mace raids be damned :p

Yaari

It still doesn't work for me. And yet Gumi keeps on requesting their facebook crowd to share spam this buggy mess with their friends.

desverger

Oh, anyone noticed this Snowy Mountain Investigation quest? Up for 2 days as of now, 4x 14ap quest, gold card as a reward (probably an enhancer)

garath

make sure you get marga also, boost in caves as well

I had these posted earlier in the thread, now that we're all at end game content - probably more relevant now.

Titans Cave with only 3 characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2oAAEzbn3A

Titan Cave full team micromanaging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGxlYupGvBQ

Holy crap that's a lot of microing. I don't know if I have the patience for that lol. I do now have a max level Latty and Dusty and my Marga is ~30/50. I'm sure I'll try it eventually.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do Thomas and Audette have artificially high pull rates? Just got two more Thomases and two more audettes. That makes seven of each in total. And no 5* in god knows how many pulls.

That 4* cleric enhancer quest is pretty tough. Had to try the final wave a couple times to clear it without blowing a revival fruit. The boss in the final stage doesn't hit especially hard but has a ton of HP so be ready to get your micro on.

That 4* cleric enhancer quest is pretty tough. Had to try the final wave a couple times to clear it without blowing a revival fruit. The boss in the final stage doesn't hit especially hard but has a ton of HP so be ready to get your micro on.

I managed to barely get through that quest without using a revive fruit. But then I got a connection error. My phone's fault I think. When I did it again, I did have to use a revive fruit.

I've gotta stop trying to run the gauntlet with my midlevel soldier team. They always get wrecked. My MLB Robby is more than enough to carry my knight team past to the 7th battle consistently.
Beat the story, now I just need to get Phoena leveled up. but still won't attempt it till I get Sulstan. The only MLB 5* I have is Coro.

desverger

Yeah I can't do it. Can't heal enough. Again, I need a better healer than Latty.

It's pretty rough, there's a lot of boss waves and those snowmen chainfreeze your units up so you can't do anything. The bosses also hit freaking hard.

Gonna try it once more with either a healer friend or a Lindsey friend. Lindsey's regen has been pretty good in offsetting my lack of healing.

edit: NEW DEMON RAID! Starts on the 13th, it's some bunny eared girl named Arminus. Any idea who she is?

edit2: Apparently it's a wand raid? There's a wand in the rewards. Holy shit, that really messes up my plans since I was hoping to have Aelle Gloon before this raid :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Tried the gauntlet for the first time, and got wiped out in my 4th fight. Difficult to engage special attacks when your characters are so close together.

So you don't get the enhancers or honor points unless you complete the gauntlet? That seems a bit mean - it should let you die and at least take the measly 100 honor with you.

Edit: oh they turn up in your gift area..

Gizuko

Demon of Tencity Arminus

I can't find the event weapon list I spotted a while back, but if the rewards feature a wand.... There goes my time leveling spear characters. At least I have a MLB bilgitto.

She doesn't seem that great except for suicide teams, and is an archer. Then again, it's a free SSR and there should be a bow raid sooner or later.
Let's just hope they add some meaningful characters during the event, I don't know when Muzika was added but since they are doing whatever they want with the characters, they might just as well add her sooner than later.

desverger

Demon of Tencity Arminus

I can't find the event weapon list I spotted a while back, but if the rewards feature a wand.... There goes my time leveling spear characters. At least I have a MLB bilgitto.

She doesn't seem that great except for suicide teams, and is an archer. Then again, it's a free SSR and there should be a bow raid sooner or later.
Let's just hope they add some meaningful characters during the event, I don't know when Muzika was added but since they are doing whatever they want with the characters, they might just as well add her sooner than later.

Yeah, I'm woefully underprepared as well. I leveled my Deed to 60 in preparation for the next raid, lol.

I have a bunch of 3* mages, but they're all level 1 and LB0. I guess my team will be Fiona, Minimo and Nelva, and Coro as a tank lol.

Thankfully she doesn't look like an particularly useful character, but it would be great to get some rings and demon coin pulls out of this raid. Guess I'll just have to see how far I'll get, and request a lot of help :p

Merun

Managed to finish one Gauntlet run. I used the close app to retry several time a few battle. Most annoying to me so far are healers; since I can't kill them and heal after each Cheery bomb.

On the other hand I had some fun with Hero against Aludra. Since she stays in the backline, I used the dash attack to pass through and kill her ( after a good Cheery nuke of course)

Last battle, I had just Cheery lvl 61 and Elemia lvl 20 against a full MLB warrior team. Hopefully, I managed to get good mana rolls to chain nuke.

Still, is it me or are honor tokens bugged? My count is still at 0 <.<

Gizuko

Thankfully she doesn't look like an particularly useful character, but it would be great to get some rings and demon coin pulls out of this raid. Guess I'll just have to see how far I'll get, and request a lot of help :p

Well, she is certainly useful in revenge/sacrifice teams, but these are not all that relevant in v2. I'd say the worst part about her is the lack of synergy with current characters, I don't know if we are there yet for f2p sacrifice teams - and Solity is a year 2 jp release, so... Yeah. Unless you have Yoshitsugu/Bernadette, she isn't that great.

Might be a good option for those of us who didn't get Tigre, though :p

Top Bottom