• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Game is down. I was going to burn some aps from alt account but cant login, ist just in "Loading..." screen. Other people get 1808 error.

Works again so it didnt took long,

so my phone screen finally kicked the bucket. I jumped onto my tablet and forgot i had rolled nicky and 4* cleric. Now i have 5 premium tickets and nicky. Not a bad way to start i will wait for an event to pull.

Can you run the japanese version in parallel on the same device, or would you need to use a second phone/tablet?

Your phone/tablet can have both versions of the game. The main barrier is that you'll either need to get the apk for the Japanese version or create a Japanese account on the app/play store to download the Japanese version.

Vylash

Your phone/tablet can have both versions of the game. The main barrier is that you'll either need to get the apk for the Japanese version or create a Japanese account on the app/play store to download the Japanese version.
or just do what I do and download the English version of qooapp, it's the best

elty

Wow... probably run the goblin for > 20 tries already and still no 4th chest.

I can either do it manually, or try to find a high level mage friend/stranger and auto it...

desverger

How are the rewards from Chapter 10? Should I be doing it at the moment?

It's a lot of AP though. The alternatives are grinding dailies for rings and exp, but I don't really have anyone high priority to actually level now. Phoena or Tigre are the only 5* units needing exp still, but they're still warming the bench.

Here's my current soldier team:
Nimpha - lv 60/60
Coro - lv 74/75
Haruaki - lv 58/60
Latty - lv 48/50

One plan would be to finish Chapter 10, get Phoena some levels and get her working as a sub.

How are the rewards from Chapter 10? Should I be doing it at the moment?

It's a lot of AP though. The alternatives are grinding dailies for rings and exp, but I don't really have anyone high priority to actually level now. Phoena or Tigre are the only 5* units needing exp still, but they're still warming the bench.

Here's my current soldier team:
Nimpha - lv 60/60
Coro - lv 74/75
Haruaki - lv 58/60
Latty - lv 48/50

One plan would be to finish Chapter 10, get Phoena some levels and get her working as a sub.

The rewards are alright. I'm up to story 8 and all the awards have been 3* enhancers and weapon upgrades. The quest I just finished had a prysma reward though.

The main incentive is to rank up for me. I've been blowing through all my stamina fruits so I can get 1 more cost to fit Hassan into my sub party.

Kaizu

I just completed Phoena quest and it's pretty whacked. Is it even possible without revives? Could v1 F2P even manage? I guess they could with lots of revives if they have like over 200 prysma to spend. I used almost 12 revives for all stages but my best team is not optimized for it(no cheery, no aoe, no stuns and no buffer, just weak ass 4 stars soldiers). You can't even micromanage much for the last fight because full screen poison/slow/knock-back meteors and arrows pretty much wipe up your whole unit. I have trouble with non boss waves as well.

The Phoena quest is actually like a true extended ending for the game. You get the exact same ending and story if you clear chapter 15 but with extra story stuff thrown into it. Pretty sneaky for Sega to hide an extended true end with what I think is a paywall. No wonder Japanese law clammed down on it so you don't need MLB Phoena to do the quest. The quest itself make complete sense on why you need MLB Phoena though...

Story 10 itself is pretty simple and doable with F2P though. I cleared it with my 2nd unit that isn't any better than most f2p team.

Edit: I saw someone manage to do it with 2 lvl 80 Coro, lvl 80 Lindsey, lvl 60 Loletta, lvl 50 Orianna and Philip as sub buff with 2 revives. I guess it's possible for F2P if you could manage 350 rings for Lindsey or Sulstan and was lucky enough to get mlb Coro.

Yaari

Ugh. Kaizu. That sounds bad. I don't want to waste Prysma on that quest but it doesn't sound like I have a choice.

garath

I'm going to wait until I have a better team then. max LB sulstan and max LB Lindsey before I take a stab at it - at a minimum.

Rixa

Yup level 75 quest. Not going to waste my time & effort to it at the moment, maybe later if V2 comes or something funny happens (like I have a team of MLB units), unlike.

Btw do you have 10 units for the Gauntlet (there is that cost limit too but dunno is it 2x your party cost). At the moment my 10 units would be:

Aludra, Karen, Rebecca, Minimo, Deed, Toka, Orianna, Aida, Dusty (ofc), Coro (needs levels tho).

I can take other units but they need levels badly: Paboa 19, Haruaki (LB2) 34, Audette 23 (LB2), Robby 9 (MLB), Alvert (he is unleveled). Also could grab 50lvl Melvina, but maybe I go only 1 healer.

Btw do you have 10 units for the Gauntlet (there is that cost limit too but dunno is it 2x your party cost).

I've been leveling up some of my side units because my main units are already max level.

I don't think it really matters though, nobody has 10 max lvl'd units lying around so everyone is on an even playing field

Aki-at

I wonder if it's going to be advisable to have a team of one type or if it doesn't matter? If not my lineup for the gauntlet is going to be;

Coro, Lindsey, Deed, Zeren, Dusy, Melvina, Latty, Amillie, Haruaki and Robby.

desverger

PvP is now active

Edit: Damge carries over between battles, but don't worry, you can spend prysma to heal :p

Lol. My first opponent was a Cheery team. My whole team gone. Rip.

What a silly feature. Not sure if I'll invest anything in this - at least we aren't using stamina..

Rixa

Too bad I dont have Cheery. Aludra + Cheery combination ultimate. Oh well I just start fight with Aludras skill (usually I have mana to do it).

Kaizu

I tried the pvp and I think a full mages team with Cheery, Alundra, Bilgitto, Nelva with Phoena and Juliana as sub will wipe up every team by nuking with Cheery and Alundra skills at the start of the battle. How much damage does that deal? 9000? Who could survive that? I got further than I thought, fighting characters that are way over leveled than me thanks to Alundra nuking.

desverger

I tried the pvp and I think a full mages team with Cheery, Alundra, Bilgitto, Isabel with Phoena and Juliana as sub will wipe up every team by nuking with Cheery and Alundra skills at the start of the battle. How much damage does that deal? 9000? Who could survive that? I got further than I thought, fighting characters that are way over leveled than me thanks to Alundra nuking.

Yes, there's a reason it's named "Mage's Gauntlet" - well, it could be named that. No other team stands a chance.

Soldier teams just get wiped in seconds :p

Azusa

It seems gauntlet doesn't use stamina. You need 10 arcana to enter and you cant change them until next reset.

3 prysma to restore 30% hp. I don't know if it can revive dead party members.
mzecswr.png

My party setup. I need more tanks to tank coro special attack >_<

After 4 fights all my 10 characters are dead ;_;

Rixa

Yea healer is good. You dont lose anything to trying. I think Gauntlet resets in 12h time and your party will heal to full (and wake the dead units) in 4h time. Basically this is cool feature without needing APs.

Hopefulyl this is here to stay and not like some timed thingie. On another forum one posted a pic that enemy had rank 200 (and Aludra as starting unit)...

Yaari

Rewards in shop are trash. Not sure if theres anything else out there but definitely not spending prysma there.

Got stomped by some rank 84 guy.

mrtoffee

It seems gauntlet doesn't use stamina. You need 10 arcana to enter and you cant change them until next reset.

3 prysma to restore 30% hp. I don't know if it can revive dead party members.

Nope, you can't resurrect dead party members using the 3 prysma.

Anko

.. I think I've hit a bug. For real this time.

My reset counter is always 00:00:00. The honor coins I got from the chest isn't displayed in the shop (shop shows 0). And worst of all, I am stuck in front of an open chest and cannot proceed. The chest is lighted up but it is already open. Clicking on it prompts "connecting" to show up for a brief second but nothing happens after. Restarting the app didn't help. Should I hit reset? It's 1/1 for some reason.

oP8hLER.jpg

So note to others, if you see an open chest in one of the routes. Avoid that route. I didn't know what it was and went there since the alternative was an enhancer.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How many rings do you need to buy and fully level break a character - is it 350?

I have 416 at the moment so I'm wondering whether it is worth buying one current 5* to add to the team, which would still let me MLB a preferred character (are we expecting Lindsey in May?)

Rixa

Well, atleast you could test best tactics, since there was no timer and you could press reset whenever :D. Ok I know few people that cant enter Gauntlet at all. So there definetly are bugs.

desverger

Well, I tried again with a reset. I honestly don't think this is fun at all :p

The enemy AI is so deadly and you barely have time to manage your own units. The ability spam is insane and the full screen character art blocks your view and the shitty camera pans cause you to be distracted.

One melee ability usually can kill an unit for me, and the enemy AI is so precise with these, and seemingly lucky with pulling crap tons of mana when you sit there with piddly basic attacks. I really don't understand how you can defeat anything with a melee squad here, since you expose yourself to special attacks by getting close.

The rewards are also few and far between, unless you really like 1* enhancers.

Oh and if you forget to press auto battle in the start, your units just stand there and get pelted with ranged attacks :p

I think I'm just gonna pretend this feature doesn't exist, it doesn't really support the gameplay I feel. Maybe if it was a bit more slow paced and you had more control of your units. Or maybe you just need a mage team for this. My soldiers are just getting wiped.

Anko

Well, atleast you could test best tactics, since there was no timer and you could press reset whenever :D. Ok I know few people that cant enter Gauntlet at all. So there definetly are bugs.

Yup. After the first round of getting stuck, I am now on a perpetual "connecting" loop. And none of the token I collected showed up.

marrec

Banned
Welp, finished a Gauntlet fight and it just froze there. Everyone on their team is dead and my team is standing around doing nothing.

Sweet.

What happens when you open up all the chests? Do you just have to reset and go again?

The rewards aren't really -great- but at least it's an easier way to get Prysma than the damned Goblins. :-/

Aki-at

Anyone else getting connection issues with the Gauntlet mode? I got stuck in between loads of round 1 to 2 and had to reset when it was "CONNECTING" forever. Now whenever I try to open it I'm stuck on it just "CONNECTING" :/

What a shame, I was hoping for some extra content whilst I wait for my AP to regen.

marrec

Banned
I gave up on the P2win PvP the moment I saw a couple of 4 80s.

Lvl 80 Lindsay I come across ate shit immediately to my lvl 53 Yoshino's special. (The lvl 50 Popra behind her died too)

They (specials) seem to do a lot of damage in PvP. My lvl 23 Coro was ruining lives.

Specials seem to do a lot of damage in PvP.

This is why i'm not really into this PvP mode. There is no skill involved, the only thing that you have to do is get lucky with mana and instakill the majority of your opponent's team before they can do the same to you.

There is no way to tell if you're going to survive their skills and there is also no way to dodge them. It's pretty annoying to see someone with a dash or ranged skill oneshot one of your main characters. The only way to dodge them that comes to mind is abusing the invulnerability frames when you cast your own skills wich makes this whole mode even more RNG dependent.

And then i haven't even talked about my encounters with Cheery where the only strategy seems to be to put two of your good units in the sub-party allowing them to swoop in and clean everything up after Cheery oneshots your main party.

Gizuko

Two battles in, and i already dislike this feature. Sure, it has it's own merit as it involves strategy and whatnot, but... I really dislike it. Just like that.

And I have yet to encounter a Cheery team.

Also, I have to test it properly, but Lizerotte is doing ~200 damage with her special? She is a 2* unit, sure, and currently is a bit underleveled, but it hits for 400dmg in the goblin event.
If SR and SSR arcana are doing increased skill damage and 2* and 1* are doing less, then... They would have met my expectations, can't really say it comes as a surprise, but it really angers me.

Top Bottom