• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Rixa

Iam surprised for the wand raid, which means my Aludra will be a leader instead of lvl 62 Deed. Its going to be fun.

My alt account met definetly playerplayer in Gauntlet. Not in my friendlist but surely one of yours?

CCGauntlet5.PNG

I was hoping for the mage demon. I'm happy enough with my warrior line up so I've started to try build a mage team. I got Isabel using the prysma in the final chapter from Sage's Tower so on the bright side I can give her the raid staff.

I might be remembering wrong but the rewards seem a lot more spaced out this time compared to Coro's raid.

Gizuko

I might be remembering wrong but the rewards seem a lot more spaced out this time compared to Coro's raid.

Yeah, I thought so too. If I recall correctly a Premium Ticket was lvl50 clear reward and Coro was the lvl80 reward.

[EDIT]: Just a heads up, but do get and MLB Lizerotte from the FoR free quest if you are low on wand users. She is a poor man's Aludra (and a very very poor man at that), but is a rather remarkable 2* mage.

desverger

Never done a demon raid - what do I need to know?

It's pretty simple. After the raid is up, you complete any quest in the game - repeatable ones are fine too - and you'll get a demon quest. You respond to the demon quests by spending "souls", of which you have three each, and each soul gives you some time to fight the demon. The souls recharge in 30 minutes each.

Each demon is consecutively higher level and more difficult than the other, and you'll get rewards from defeating them.

There's also a special weapon you can equip on your units that does increased damage. I believe this time around it's a wand type weapon.

Oreoleo

First time raider here as well. Just for clarification, on quests with multiple stages (the chevron signs pointing to the chest/prysma like in the main story quests) will the raid come up after each stage or only when I complete the last stage/chevron of the quest?

Quixzlizx

First time raider here as well. Just for clarification, on quests with multiple stages (the chevron signs pointing to the chest/prysma like in the main story quests) will the raid come up after each stage or only when I complete the last stage/chevron of the quest?

One demon per battle. Free quests will trigger them, too.

It's not a total waste for those like me that levelled Deed or another spear knight.

They should be able to act as a decent shield for the wand user in the back at higher levels since the demon's an archer this time round.

Rixa

Yeah, I thought so too. If I recall correctly a Premium Ticket was lvl50 clear reward and Coro was the lvl80 reward.

Iam quite sure those are not all rewards shown. They are "just" one to show what you can get.
This is prolly my team in raid, if wands are plenty (similar to Liberation swords). I need to level units and do their ability quests (Ursula per wave heal, Bilgitto +1 starting mana).

Gizuko

Iam quite sure those are not all rewards shown. They are "just" one to show what you can get.

Yeah, of course they aren't. My point is that they gave away the ticket and event char much earlier during the Coro raid. Of course, maybe they are going to give a ticket before the level they stated, but why do this? The fact that they announced a ticket at 80 probably means that's the first ticket you get, which means they "delayed" the rewards, making them harder to achieve.

I would love to be wrong, though.

desverger

Whew, finished that snowy mountain investigation quest. Took about 3 practice runs but I finally got it done. The most annoying things were the suicide goblins combined with a boss in wave 6 or something.

Also that last boss had a ton of hp! I was at the edge of my seat, trying to micro who was tanking it for ages lol. lv60 Deed as the last reinforcement managed to land a few lucky stuns, which I think made it for me.

Gotta say that was the most fun I've had in a mobile game in a while :p

As suspected, a Lindsey friend was essential in clearing it. Thanks Merun and Chrono!

Now, who to feed that 4* enhancer..

Well I have Yuni and Febrya at max level, but they don't use wands...I've got a mid-level Elemia and a decent level Yona though.

Beat all 8 gauntlet battles for the first time. Got 10 prysma out of it too.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why are people talking about mages? Do they have an advantage in this raid?

I have a lv50 Elemia, and a lv34 merheim, but that's it. I bouhght a Tigre but she is low level in case it's about ranged units?

Yaari

Why are people talking about mages? Do they have an advantage in this raid?

I have a lv50 Elemia, and a lv34 merheim, but that's it. I bouhght a Tigre but she is low level in case it's about ranged units?
They can use the weapon that gives a damage boost against the boss. But I will just use my regular team. I don't even have single mage haha. Pretty sure I can still reach level 100.

Oreoleo

Alright, now that I've got a grasp on how this is gonna go down I'm pretty confident I'm *totally fucked* out of getting the arcana or weapon.

Edit oh the weapon is at level 30 that won't be so bad.

Rixa

They can use the weapon that gives a damage boost against the boss. But I will just use my regular team. I don't even have single mage haha. Pretty sure I can still reach level 100.

You know. Iam sure you will :). Liberation had about 4x increased damage. Supposedly that wand is going to be 4x damage again. Monday we know more.

Btw do you change your lead to Lindsey? Iam (ofc) keeping Aludra leader and equipping with that special wand when I get it.
So feel free to loan it (it gives +2 mana in the start of fight), there should be good chance that even with your warrior team you can toss AOE with Aludra (costs 3 mana) atleast once.

elty

So exactly how do you guys get your card to so high level and with so many rings. Of the 180AP everyday, about 120-150 is already spent on daily, and the daily is shit for exp purpose.

desverger

Omg, did a YOLO-pull from the Holy Capital with the compensation tickets and got a Toka!

Awesome news, she's gonna compliment my soldier team very well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You know. Iam sure you will :). Liberation had about 4x increased damage. Supposedly that wand is going to be 4x damage again. Monday we know more.

Btw do you change your lead to Lindsey? Iam (ofc) keeping Aludra leader and equipping with that special wand when I get it.
So feel free to loan it (it gives +2 mana in the start of fight), there should be good chance that even with your warrior team you can toss AOE with Aludra (costs 3 mana) atleast once.

That's a good point. I don't know how many of us have each other as friends, but it could be good to set the leader of party 1 as the Mage with that weapon if/when you get it, to help others too.

Would it equip as a normal weapon, so it'd replace whatever weapon I already had?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So exactly how do you guys get your card to so high level and with so many rings. Of the 180AP everyday, about 120-150 is already spent on daily, and the daily is shit for exp purpose.

Daily nets you 3 rings per day. If you use arcana to pull regular characters you can sell 3* ones for more rings.

Quixzlizx

That's a good point. I don't know how many of us have each other as friends, but it could be good to set the leader of party 1 as the Mage with that weapon if/when you get it, to help others too.

Would it equip as a normal weapon, so it'd replace whatever weapon I already had?

Yeah, it's just like any other weapon, only the weapon ability will provide increased damage vs the current demon raid enemies.

I've stopped doing dailies to focus on getting the story quests done, which net you 1500+ exp per battle. Also the Silva's training and the great success bonus from the other week really helped. I spent all my stamina fruit farming enhancers from that quest. That event really ramped up the leveling rate for my units. I also cram in two exp boosting units in my sub party.

I have enough rings for an LB3 Sulstan right now and with a raid around the corner and the gauntlet, I should have enough for a 4th Sulstan before he goes away. So I'm not in too much of a hurry to get more rings at the moment.

elty

I just got Coro to 59, she will be my 2nd lv60 after Nimpha. The rest of my team is just in the 40s though. Didn't have enough 3* to sell as I don't use my tickets or arcana point.

I don't even know if the goblin raid is worth doing anymore as they suck up like 80 AP easily a day.

Yaari

I just got Coro to 59, she will be my 2nd lv60 after Nimpha. The rest of my team is just in the 40s though. Didn't have enough 3* to sell as I don't use my tickets or arcana point.

I don't even know if the goblin raid is worth doing anymore as they suck up like 80 AP easily a day.

To me the Prysma is worth more than any AP, I'd run it every day for a year if I could haha.

chrono01

Whew, finished that snowy mountain investigation quest. Took about 3 practice runs but I finally got it done. The most annoying things were the suicide goblins combined with a boss in wave 6 or something.

Also that last boss had a ton of hp! I was at the edge of my seat, trying to micro who was tanking it for ages lol. lv60 Deed as the last reinforcement managed to land a few lucky stuns, which I think made it for me.

Gotta say that was the most fun I've had in a mobile game in a while :p

As suspected, a Lindsey friend was essential in clearing it. Thanks Merun and Chrono!

Now, who to feed that 4* enhancer..
Happy to help, and congrats!

Merun

@Teiran: Haha thanks, I totally overlooked my gift box this week.

The most appropriate character for next raid will be Velnar MLB1. My Cheery has a Drag Wand so I'm not really sure how I'm going to compose my team. I still have Elemia and Lucanna as wand user ( Roxanna will be busy singing). Next pulling event is decent if you plan to make a mage team... Perhaps I will try to upgrade mine, thought I'm still waiting for Lilith and Musika.

Yaari

I wonder when we'll see Lilith anyway. I'm currently on 500 Prysma with 5 tickets, so that's a nice amount of pulls, but you still need a lot of luck to actually get what you want.

I remember people predicted Easter but that didn't seem to happen. Either way it gives me some extra time to collect for draws. There's still zero urge to put any more money into this thing.

How many AC everyone have so far? I was quite amazed that I passed the 620k already. Might hit 1mil before ver2 comes around.

desverger

How many AC everyone have so far? I was quite amazed that I passed the 620k already. Might hit 1mil before ver2 comes around.

Only 60k here, but I still spend 2-4k daily in the hopes of pulling something decent from the AC gacha (namely Melvina).

Yaari

Finally able to have both Phoena and Juliana in my team, Rank 72. I don't see myself getting a 5* healer anytime soon, so that's pretty much my full team for now.

orrible

Neo Member
Is Winter Training Advanced bugged for anyone else? I just realized I haven't received any of the experience or rewards from chest drops for the past couple of tries. I got the 4th chest to drop but it's not unlocking my reward for the quest.

desverger

Someone bonk me in the head with a hammer. I switched some party members around in expectation of the demon raid, and now I've been doing dailies without my Nimpha lead..

That was smart.

Someone bonk me in the head with a hammer. I switched some party members around in expectation of the demon raid, and now I've been doing dailies without my Nimpha lead..

That was smart.

Haha, I actually did notice your Nimpha was missing. I once lost 5 friends from switching to my leveling party for a couple hours.

Right now, I'm mining all the quests I glossed over for 1 and 2* characters that hopefully have prysma quests. Between that and having the gauntlet down from the tips posted on the last page I should be good for 3 pulls on the festival tomorrow.

Also, it's a bit strange having no recruitment list for the honour tokens.

Merun

I wonder when we'll see Lilith anyway. I'm currently on 500 Prysma with 5 tickets, so that's a nice amount of pulls, but you still need a lot of luck to actually get what you want.

I remember people predicted Easter but that didn't seem to happen. Either way it gives me some extra time to collect for draws. There's still zero urge to put any more money into this thing.

Easter seemed like some nice event for a saint. Now, all predictions are off thanks to the maintenance fiasco and Gumi event for Coro, or Ael Gloom skip, and the even more random order. Even worse when you consider that we got chapter 10 before Lilith, Musika and Selene.

I have 320k AC. Getting less than before. I guess that's because my friendlist is full of high level team now.

Has anyone gotten anything good from the honor recruit? I'm sitting on 3700 honor tokens now and almost have enough for a recruit.

Edit: did an honor recruit. Got Cadille. Not bad since its free rings. I'm just happy I didn't pull an enhancer.

Anko

Looking at the bug report thread in the gumi cc forums, I basically encountered two of the most common bugs in each of my first two tries at the gauntlet. I've been locked out ever since, on day one. Listening to you guys talk about the prysma and fruits rewards ain't helping. :(

Anyone think that gumi will get this bug cleared any time soon? It has been what, a week?

desverger

Looking at the bug report thread in the gumi cc forums, I basically encountered two of the most common bugs in each of my first two tries at the gauntlet. I've been locked out ever since, on day one. Listening to you guys talk about the prysma and fruits rewards ain't helping. :(

Anyone think that gumi will get this bug cleared any time soon? It has been what, a week?

I'd like to say something positive about this, but it's GIMU - so I really cannot. There are still other, non-fatal bugs in the gauntlet too.

There's a new demon raid starting in a few minutes, and I assume that'll take most of their attention for a week.

Then again, it's impossible to know since gumi's strategy is to stay silent about all the bugs and their possible ETAs to fix.

Top Bottom