• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Anko

I'd like to say something positive about this, but it's GIMU - so I really cannot. There are still other, non-fatal bugs in the gauntlet too.

There's a new demon raid starting in a few minutes, and I assume that'll take most of their attention for a week.

Then again, it's impossible to know since gumi's strategy is to stay silent about all the bugs and their possible ETAs to fix.
Surely one that stops people from playing entirely would be on the top of their list. I'd even settle for a hotfix that allowed people to hard reset their gauntlet whenever this "connecting" bug hits.

Azusa

My first raid chest was gold.

6Obc6yr.png

kkshAv8.png

Avalt

Could someone help me build a mage team? Just spent some of my premium tickets and prysma :p

These are now all my mages:
5* Schule
4* Elemia
4* Febrya
3* Isach (Max Limit Broken)
3* Bilgitto (3x copies)
3* Minimo (LB1)
3* Golnessa
3* Nelva
3* Ursula
3* Toto
3* Xien
3* Yona
3* Clauss
3* Fiona

I feel like there is a good team hidden in there (with all the healing per wave passives, etc.) I also need to decide which ones are worthless so I could sell them :)

Rixa

Sigh, that's good, I was already fearing they would nerf something to make up for the increased chest rate.

Indeed. I was planning to pull todays event. But when I saw the mages there are (no Cheery) I decide to save my prysma & tix for future uses. If I remember right 5* are Yuni / Velnar / Katya / Filiana <- Good mages but no thanks (basically you need 2 copies of Velnar).

garath

No gold chest for my first drop. Was kind of hoping it was a thing lol.

Oh well. Raids are pretty fun. I don't have a single leveled wand user though. I don't know how much effort I'm going to put into getting one either. I did ok in the Coro raid with no liberations on my own team.

Quixzlizx

Congrats to you lucky bastards who got a gold chest already. I know luck isn't going to swing my way. I used two tickets this morning and got Toto (not terrible) and a 3* ring fodder mage.

I think I'm just going to use my normal team, but with Elemia substituted in for Arietta. I have two 4* mage enhancers burning a hole in my pocket, so I should be able to get her close to 50.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Well I have 4 mages and they all use wands but all of them are level 1 except for Airi.

That and they all kinda suck.

on the bright side, they'll level up quickly for the first few levels..

Only have Elemia and Merheim, but I have enough friends with mages that I can at least equip the rear line with 3 mages. Only getting bronze though. But still more interesting than the gauntlet.

What are these coins for? They are different from the ones you get from the gauntlet.

garath

on the bright side, they'll level up quickly for the first few levels..

Only have Elemia and Merheim, but I have enough friends with mages that I can at least equip the rear line with 3 mages. Only getting bronze though. But still more interesting than the gauntlet.

What are these coins for? They are different from the ones you get from the gauntlet.

The demon coins are for the demon recruit. It's basically like an enhanced normal recruit. Higher chance of 3*s and a small chance of pulling the demon itself. Use all the coins.

Elepsis

Neo Member
I pulled with my compensation tickets and got a Filiana this morning, which is nice since she comes with the bonus wand right off the bat.

But because Gumi is Gumi, they apparently haven't included her square art in the game, so I'm so very mysterious:

elty

Need some help on mage team, who to keep and who to coin?

28 Filiana
17 Elemia
22 Yona
41 Liz
27 Minimo
1 Fiona
5 Bilgitto or something like that

Quixzlizx

I've received garbage so far with my demon coins and chests. Couldn't help myself and used a 3rd ticket, and received an Ursula. I guess it could be worse, since she has a per wave heal, but my luck has been pretty bad today.

Gizuko

Did I miss something or are there only 2 Arminus rewards in the reward list? At 50 and 80. Didn't they give away more Coros last time?

Also, lo @Arminus going yandere in the summary.

desverger

Did I miss something or are there only 2 Arminus rewards in the reward list? At 50 and 80. Didn't they give away more Coros last time?

Also, lo @Arminus going yandere in the summary.

Pretty sure there were just two. I got both, got one from DC pulls and did the quest = 4 copies.

Also, totally not pulling with DC before the replace Liberation with the raid wand :p

Enron

Banned
how are people constructing their parties for this raid?

I pulled Filiana this AM and she's now like lvl 11 - should i use her in a party with high-lvl damage dealers? Or should I be fielding an all-mage party?

Gizuko

Pretty sure there were just two. I got both, got one from DC pulls and did the quest = 4 copies.

Also, totally not pulling with DC before the replace Liberation with the raid wand :p

I'm getting paranoid. Seriously.

Thanks for clearing that up! ^^

As for the party... Aside from using Yona instead of melvina, I'm going with Karen, Febrya and Coro, so far so good. Who to give the wand, to, though.

Did anyone make up their mind already?

Rixa

Burned some stored Vigor fruits and got to level 30 demon and grabbed that Temperance wand to my leader Aludra.

To level 31 demon Aludras 3 mana spell does 25700 damage :p And normal shoots do about 2k damage.

sibarraz

Banned
I had 3 mages of 3 stars with levels 4 8 and 20. Good news is I dropped a filiana so what should I do since Ill farm the dailies today. Boost the test of the chars to be at level 20 or yolo boost filiana until the infinite?

desverger

I'm getting paranoid. Seriously.

Thanks for clearing that up! ^^

As for the party... Aside from using Yona instead of melvina, I'm going with Karen, Febrya and Coro, so far so good. Who to give the wand, to, though.

Did anyone make up their mind already?

No problem!

I'm eventually going to give my wand to Fiona. She's only 3*, but I've almost got her leveled to lv40 in a few days. I don't have any other mages, so she's the best I have.

Fiona does have a few redeeming qualities though. She gets a 40% attack boost for 10s when someone dies, and since I'm gonna be saccing units for mana anyway, that makes sense. She also has a 2-mana aoe, which is relatively useful - but obviously nothing compared to Aludra.

My tactic is basically gonna be meatwalling the boss with soldiers while Fiona and a friend mage pepper her behind that line. Any red mana I get helps with tanking, and purple mana will go to nuking her.

I also have a reasonably leveled Tigre in reinforcements, so eventually when someone dies, she's gonna plonk the boss with a poison arrow. I have her in the reinforcements because I don't want to mess with mana generation during the minion waves.

Quixzlizx

Am I missing something about the Ideal Wand, or is it just ring fodder? It seems like a holy weapon with high crit and def and low attack is worthless.

Oreoleo

My phone got the Lollipop 5.0.1 update pushed out today, did I read something about the game not playing well with Lollipop or am I taking crazy pills?

My phone got the Lollipop 5.0.1 update pushed out today, did I read something about the game not playing well with Lollipop or am I taking crazy pills?
Game runs identical for me since updating.

Made it to 26 on the raid. I seen the hp got a pretty big bump at 20. Had shitty luck with 3 pulls on the festival. I'll be swapping my leader to Isabel tomorrow once I get the wand at 30 if that's of use to anyone.

Also thanks Yari for accepting the add!

I got Katya in alt account and she is good mage, but she uses swords, so not so suitable in this weeks raid (was fantastic in Coro raid).

Well, I decided to burn one ticket and I got the cover girl.

qDYmbGSl.png

And I have a couple of mages..dunno if they're any good so I'm gonna check it out, but I guess it's a sign to make a team around her!

Enron

Banned
I pulled a couple this morning and got Filiana. Spent all day stuffing enhancers into her along with some random 2* and 1* arcana, got her up to lvl 20ish.

Quixzlizx

Demon coin pulls at least seem consistent for me. I've gotten a myolnnir and iris from one 10 pull. And a liberation and Ryubia from another one.

I've gotten 4 3*s from 4 tickets and 0 rares from my demon coins and chests so far. This raid has been bad news for me ever since Gumi announced it wouldn't be a spear raid.

Top Bottom