• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

Aki-at

Uhm same here, only few rares (7 I think, 4 units 4 others) from Demon Coins whilst used every coin so far. this is my party at the moment. Karen & Rebecca as subs are my mana givers. I really need more wands (only that 30 level reward).

Hopefully I can get a few more thanks to the demon coin recruiting but my luck just isn't there for this event. I've been getting the least demon appearances after a quest ever. Just did two quests and no demon encounter, so very strange.

I've actually gotten more blue chests than ever. In the last two raids, I've gotten nothing but wooden chests in the first 30 raid levels. So far I've gotten 3 in the last 30. Two of them were Robby's for some reason. Third was an enhancer.

Started to pick up a bit but not overly too much for demon lvl 54, 1 demon chest and 3 blue chests (But 2 of them were enhancers so I don't even get 3 rings ;_; )

chrono01

I think I'm beginning to tire of this game. It doesn't help that the other gatcha games I play [Record Keeper, Treasure Cruise, School Idol Festival] offer events at a very decent pace, and seem to give you a lot for free. With Chain Chronicle, I basically log in every day, waste a lot of AP trying to get the daily chests [even with a Nimpha friend], and not much else. The AP cost for missions are way too high, and Gumi seems to be incredibly strict in handing out Prysma. Even if you DO get enough for a recruit, the actual chance of getting something with it is limited. I've basically been hoarding them all because of this [for Version 2], but there's no telling when we'll ever get there.

It doesn't help that I've spent all of my Demon Arcana Coins and only received two 3* out of them [I'm up to Level 55 right now]. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as fun to me as in the beginning.

I'm not going to quit playing entirely, but I won't feel obligated to log in multiple times a day so as not to waste AP. It just seems like this game is very unforgiving to those who don't IAP. Granted you can earn free 5* characters with Fortune Rings [and Demon Invasions, if you're super-lucky], but the actual process of getting them is so boring, especially when the game refuses to give you that last chest.

Started to pick up a bit but not overly too much for demon lvl 54, 1 demon chest and 3 blue chests (But 2 of them were enhancers so I don't even get 3 rings ;_; )

lol I'd still consider you lucky. I haven't gotten a demon chest at all in the last 3 raids and I've made it to 80+ in all three. Although I think during the Coro one that's cause Gumi fucked me.

I think I'm beginning to tire of this game.

This is basically how all these gacha games work for me. At the start there is a lot of content and new things to discover. But later on the only thing to do is to repeat the same missions over and over. And when another, more fun game comes along I stop playing because I don't have enough time to play both games.

If it weren't so easy to use up all your AP and still make some progress (getting rings) I would've dropped this game already.

The only gacha game that really stands out to me is School idol festival because it offers good gameplay and not a lot of time investment. Not being P2W also helps.

Rixa

This is basically how all these gacha games work for me.

If it weren't so easy to use up all your AP and still make some progress (getting rings) I would've dropped this game already.

You my fellow GAFer speak words of wisdom. Nowadays Iam just daily login to OPTC and probably do one fight or not, cause they take so much time & effort to focus. (Same with JPCC cause no autobattle).
Global CC is good that you can grind easily and with little effort when you dont have time to watch screen all the time.

Anyways 77 demons done, still going only one wand. At 4 wave battle (2nd wave has miniboss), this is about the max damage I can do with 1+1 wand units (mine & friend).
All mage party (level 70 friend dont use Temp Wand, so not using it in raid):

CCArmilus76.PNG

CCAMageparty.PNG
My mages feed Temperance wand equipped Aludra & friend mage with mana by blocking damage & dying. At one fight I spammed friend Cheery Cherrybomb about 10 times at boss. Every other unit was dead beside that Cheery who spammed bombs (Aludra was 2nd last to be alive before i sacrificed it for mana).

desverger

Demon 50 done, so there's at least 1 copy. Managed all fights with 1 soul so far, using a soldier team and Fiona, and a mage friend with temp wand.

The only notable drop so far has been a second temp wand, I'm leveling up my Nelva in the odd chance I'd use her, and considering giving her the wand. Got a bunch of 3* chars as well, but nothing new or exciting. Melvina is still hiding somewhere :(

I've been kinda hoping for at least 1 drop of the demon because I'm most likely gonna be selling all of them for rings. 60 rings from the raid would be pretty great and allow me to buy 1 more copy of Sulstan.

In other news, I finally got Kain to 40 and I'm doing his quest now for the sword :p

I think I'm beginning to tire of this game. It doesn't help that the other gatcha games I play [Record Keeper, Treasure Cruise, School Idol Festival] offer events at a very decent pace, and seem to give you a lot for free. With Chain Chronicle, I basically log in every day, waste a lot of AP trying to get the daily chests [even with a Nimpha friend], and not much else. The AP cost for missions are way too high, and Gumi seems to be incredibly strict in handing out Prysma. Even if you DO get enough for a recruit, the actual chance of getting something with it is limited. I've basically been hoarding them all because of this [for Version 2], but there's no telling when we'll ever get there.

These games come and go, and eventually we'll grow tired of them. It's only natural! Out of your list I've tried all the games except School Idol Festival and none of them really grabbed me, sadly. CC ticks most of the boxes I'm looking for in a mobile game, namely good character art, social features and easy gameplay. That, and there really hasn't (IMO) been anything better lately. OTPC is still great though, but I play it super casually.

But, it doesn't help Gumi is kinda mishandling CC and insisting a glacial update speed when compared to other, similar games.

I'm still gonna keep loaning your Lindsey so you'll have some AC to spend once/if v2 comes out :)

MidBoss

All the beneficial Sage Gauntlet bugs such as reset a battle via force quitting, sub party member earning back health and weapon/characters effect get carry over from last battle are bugs that I hope they will never fix.

I really hope not. These are issues the core game never had to deal with. Fixing these would probably require some serious additions/revisions to the backend code. I hope they never try. They'd probably break the game if they did.

But, it doesn't help Gumi is kinda mishandling CC and insisting a glacial update speed when compared to other, similar games.

It seems like this is a thing with SG/SEA publishers. It happened to a lot of localized games I've played (Dragon Nest, PSO 2, etc.).

Gizuko

Just received 4000 honor tokens for a video recording contest(?) related with the gauntled. Needless to say, I didn't even hear about said contest.

Anyone else got 3FR (4000tokens) out of nowhere?

Aki-at

Yeah I felt the same about being slightly tired of the game. Right now all I'm doing is collecting rings and max limit breaking Sulstan, Lindsey and Deed when they're put on the ring exchange. After that though I think I should have enough content to get back to enjoying the game, so many missions left to do and I do like some of the characters heh.

lol I'd still consider you lucky. I haven't gotten a demon chest at all in the last 3 raids and I've made it to 80+ in all three. Although I think during the Coro one that's cause Gumi fucked me.

You're right, getting a demon pull (On my first raid!) was hella lucky.

I just want to know if I should sell her or not, I like the character model and I kind of like the crazed lover personality...

^^
Facebook contest. Share 5000 times, we get 60 prysma and 1 prem tix too.
I made one HT pull.

Congrats on the pull, I really want to get myself one Ihelmina, love the character design on her.

I have played SIF but events are very time consuming.

I have to play two 25 LP songs to empty my bar and then I don't have to play anymore for 5 hours. Compare that to the current demon raid where you need to play 3 (sometimes 4) random levels and 3 raids every 90 minutes.

In SIF There also isn't a real penalty to stop playing the game between events as long as you log in daily.

elty

I have to play two 25 LP songs to empty my bar and then I don't have to play anymore for 5 hours. Compare that to the current demon raid where you need to play 3 (sometimes 4) random levels and 3 raids every 90 minutes.

In SIF There also isn't a real penalty to stop playing the game between events as long as you log in daily.
I got to lv 100 last event with a few days left,I don't think I need to really worry about wasting demon soul this time as I don't think I can reach 80. I am just doing sob instead of "maxing" my raid by doing 4ap quest.

Yaari

Same. I don't have to rush, I know that I can easily hit my limit and still have days of time left to help out others. I'm at 55~ now I think and I'll do like 3 levels every few hours or so. I don't care about the Demon this time. During Coro I ran an alt account and such.

sibarraz

Banned
Well I reached that funny point where there are chances that I couldn't get the job done even with 3 tries.

Currently level 71, and nobody aids me with the raids, I only want the second demon :(

Well I reached that funny point where there are chances that I couldn't get the job done even with 3 tries.

You can actually get 4 chances if you summon the demon when you have 3 souls.

Edit: give me your ID, i'll help you out since i'm not really trying this event.

desverger

Omg, FINALLY pulled a Melvina from the demon coin gacha.

Goodbye Latty, was nice knowing you! Guess I'll still use her occasionally, but I'm super glad finally having a 3* healer with a poison cure.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
now I'm just grinding the 4AP free quest in the first map area just to trigger demons. Only way to keep up with how fast the souls regenerate (at least while I can still do them with 1 soul). 30 minutes per soul, 32 minutes for 4AP (I think?). Otherwise you just run out of AP too quickly.

on demon 35 I think, a fair amount of pulls and chests, but still nothing above a 2*

I have reached Demon Raid's level 62, but things are going to be difficult from now on, I need two souls to beat one stage.

I have only one Temperance Wand got from the Raid, equipped to Fiona lv 40 3* mage.

Everytime I say to myself to wait till V2 to gatcha, but I couldn't resist and tried with 3 premium tickets to get Filiana, obviously I got useless card:

-Yona 3* Mage (Main ability Heal team, LOL )
-Yona 3* Mage
-Minimo 3* Mage

I have also spent around 8k demons coins, only two rare cards (Iris and a wand, Phoenix Cane).

The Chain Chronicles rates are the worst ever seen in these kind of f2p games.

Omg, FINALLY pulled a Melvina from the demon coin gacha.

Goodbye Latty, was nice knowing you! Guess I'll still use her occasionally, but I'm super glad finally having a 3* healer with a poison cure.

Happy for you!

Up to 64 on the raid, nothing noteworthy so far. I have been getting a load of 2* enhancers which are nice.

I pulled Filiana yesterday which completes my mage team nicely. Like everyone else, I'm wondering whether to sell the demon or not. I guess holding onto her for any bow raids would be smart but the rings would also be nice. Does anyone know who should be coming after Sulstan?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What is the ultimate aim? I'm kind of just using it as a way to get extra enhancers or the occasional rare item to sell for rings.

I definitely lost interest in the global version of this game.

Only doing the demon event only just cause it's going on and I'm not really putting much effort in it. Do the 4AP quest, fight the demons, hopefully just get high enough/lucky enough to get one copy of the demon.

Much more enjoying the Japanese version though~

Zhengi

Oh man, this raid has been bad in terms of getting good prizes. I feel myself losing motivation to even continue playing with all the junk I get from my spoils and rolls. I'm up to about level 52 now.

There's a new update to the app for Global:

Fixes:
- French Localization
- Pre-tutorial update
- 4 star card awarded at rank 6

Dunno how that 4 star reward works cause I guess Gumi.

If it's the same as JP, it'll probably end up being Ioh who's only good point is that he's free, lol

Annnnd 71 is my drop off point for beating her with one soul. She hits like a truck against my squishy underleveled mages. I'm going to need a new strategy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Annnnd 71 is my drop off point for beating her with one soul. She hits like a truck against my squishy underleveled mages. I'm going to need a new strategy.

Two decent Mages both with the bonus wand, protected by a knight up front to absorb the hits? Someone tanky or with defence mana powers like barienna or fanfan

Two decent Mages both with the bonus wand, protected by a knight up front to absorb the hits? Someone tanky or with defence mana powers like barienna or fanfan

I actually do have a a fan fan I was saving for the spear raid but he's level 1. My only leveled knights are Deed and Maurice so I'll try them for the next run.

The skeletons are the other problem. even with the bonus wand they just rush down the mages with shields. I've been using Sonya to clear them while lining up the 3 wand users to take out Army.but that isn't cutting it anymore.

desverger

I actually do have a a fan fan I was saving for the spear raid but he's level 1. My only leveled knights are Deed and Maurice so I'll try them for the next run.

The skeletons are the other problem. even with the bonus wand they just rush down the mages with shields. I've been using Sonya to clear them while lining up the 3 wand users to take out Army.but that isn't cutting it anymore.

I guess this is why my warrior team is still doing pretty well. I just finished level 64, and a Coro spin is still enough to take down the skellies in one hit. The warrior squad also tanks her well while taking care of any stragglers, while the mages and Tigre pepper her from range.

Funnily enough my LB0 Fiona just did 12k damage with her 2-mana special as well, with the attack boost from a downed unit :p

elty

Is there anyway to make 4 mages being able to attack the boss? I can only have 3 line up so the 4th one usually go sacrifice for mana.

elty

I have the following knights so far:

lv36 4* Alvert
lv40 3* Audette LB3

The demon gave me tons of knight
3x Kai
4x Rhynel (wtf)
2x Robby

Any of the 3 are worth keeping or all for ring?

Putting in a couple knights didn't make a difference, went worse if anything.

All the way up to 70 was so easy and now I need 3 souls to clear her once. Including a friend I have 3 wand users. Let me know if it's this tough for y'all or if I just suck.

I have the following knights so far:

lv36 4* Alvert
lv40 3* Audette LB3

The demon gave me tons of knight
3x Kai
4x Rhynel (wtf)
2x Robby

Any of the 3 are worth keeping or all for ring?

Audette is one of the better 3*s out there. She'll also come in handy for the raid where spear users get a bonus weapon. Definitely worth keeping.

Robby is a good gauntlet character because of her AOE skill. I use someone with the same dash and it works wonders.

Teiran

All the way up to 70 was so easy and now I need 3 souls to clear her once. Including a friend I have 3 wand users. Let me know if it's this tough for y'all or if I just suck.
Nah, it's not just you. I one-souled through 70 with three warriors and two wand users, but post-70 I'm just using three souls--maybe two if I get lucky with mana and happen to have called in an especially strong friend.

Oreoleo

Is there anyway to make 4 mages being able to attack the boss? I can only have 3 line up so the 4th one usually go sacrifice for mana.
I don't think so, unless you get lucky and can get two people in one square that happens sometimes with auto-attack turned on. Ursula would make a good sacrifice if you have her. Her active ability is a melee attack with a long windup and a ton of i-frames to tank an extra hit or two.

elty

Audette is one of the better 3*s out there. She'll also come in handy for the raid where spear users get a bonus weapon. Definitely worth keeping.

Robby is a good gauntlet character because of her AOE skill. I use someone with the same dash and it works wonders.

So I guess Kai and Rhynel is ring, thanks

Vecks

Putting in a couple knights didn't make a difference, went worse if anything.

I think that's probably normal, unless you've got a great mage party. I'm using a pure mage party, and also using 3 wands total. I usually need 2 or 3 souls to clear past 70. The most damage I've done in one go is 270,000 but now she has about 400k hp.

Top Bottom