• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chain Chronicle |OT| Funding Valkyria Chronicles 4 One IAP At A Time

sibarraz

Banned
My flowchart after level 70 is

Is VexGaf avaliable as a friend Y/N if yes pick him, if not, search for the strongest mage

If I lose, I had to send an aid request to VexGaf an hope that he could clean my quest

Noricart

So I have 505 prysma and two premium tickets. "So why not do some pulls?" I ask myself.
12 pulls.
All three stars.
6 Yona's.
I'm alright with this.
I'm not alright with this.
My luck with the raid is pretty bad too lol.

Anko

Someone check if the sky is falling. Gumi actually fixed the gauntlet bug with that update. I got totally trashed in my third ever gauntlet session but woohoo! I'm no longer locked out.

Don't think I will reach 100 this time. It has gotten way too difficult past 70. I need 3 orbs to kill now.

from 70 to 71 she gets 100k more hp, and there is a mid boss in the 2nd round.
This is the way to make impossible to reach level 100 Gumi, congratulations.

desverger

from 70 to 71 she gets 100k more hp, and there is a mid boss in the 2nd round.
This is the way to make impossible to reach level 100 Gumi, congratulations.

Well, to be fair, last raid was easy because Liberation had a really good drop rate and there were plenty of sword users for knight, warrior and even mage teams.

This raid, it seems like the Temp wand drops a lot less and you are restricted to only mages who can equip it. The only mage I have at a decent level is Fiona, LB0 and lv40.

With that said, I'm just about to hit stage 70 and probably just gonna take it to 80-83 and stop there. I imagine most stages after 70 will take me the whole 3 souls.

Rixa

Well, to be fair, last raid was easy because Liberation had a really good drop rate and there were plenty of sword users for knight, warrior and even mage teams.

This raid, it seems like the Temp wand drops a lot less and you are restricted to only mages who can equip it. The only mage I have at a decent level is Fiona, LB0 and lv40.

With that said, I'm just about to hit stage 70 and probably just gonna take it to 80-83 and stop there. I imagine most stages after 70 will take me the whole 3 souls.
Coropatillion raid was easy, thanks to so many Liberation swords around.

With full mage team (6+1), after 89 level I needed 3 orbs to solo Armilus. Only thing Iam pissed is that I havent got wand. My only Temperance wand is from level 30 reward. Not pissed that Demons aint dropping at all but the f*cking wands :(.

I have done 93 demons and currently using orbs to help others. Going to do later my own raid bosses.

Teddified

I'm at 83 and it's been taking me around 4 souls each time, 3 if I get lucky. My lvl 45 Xien is taking it pretty far by blinding the demon then bombarding with a friends mage specials.

Gizuko

I did notice a difficulty spike from 70 until 80, but then it soared down. I can now use 2 orbs for the most part (it's rising again), unless I mess up.

It has been easier for me this time around, Coro was uphill for me. Then again, I did get an extra wand.

Aki-at

I actually don't mind the mid-level boss personally, just wait for it to hit the half-way point of health and then spam my Lindsey with him backed by two mages. It helps that Pirika comes down with a mana drop at that point, very valuable against Armilus.

I agree about the drop rate of the wand though, have not gotten one outside of the reward, saying that I have no idea how but my luck turned around magnificently in this raid, I just got another demon chest drop! Damn!

Screenshot_2015-04-16-11-56-07.png

So far I've gotten from 76 drops: Maurice, Johan, Gladius, Enhancer 3* x 2 Mage Enhancer x 2, Armilus x 2

Pyrsma Pulls: Nelva, Minimo x 3, Xien, Toto and Fi-Fi

Demon coin pulls (About 15 of them): Melvina x 2, Maurice, Sheda and Weapon 3* x 2

The amazing thing is on one of the demon coin pulls I got two of my Melvina's and 3* weapons. Glad that I managed to limit break both her and Minimo.

Think I'll get to Demon Raid 80 and call it quits so I can help out anyone who needs help.

desverger

So far I've gotten from 76 drops: Maurice, Johan, Gladius, Enhancer 3* x 2 Mage Enhancer x 2, Armilus x 2

Pyrsma Pulls: Nelva, Minimo x 3, Xien, Toto and Fi-Fi

Demon coin pulls (About 15 of them): Melvina x 2, Maurice, Sheda and Weapon 3* x 2

That's some crazy luck in there! Congrats sir!

I've only managed to pull a single copy of Melvina and a bunch of rings so far, but that's already made this raid for me :p

Rixa

This is the most damage in one run Ive done. Only 1 wand (ofc friend loan has wand). I think I tossed 12 or 13 CheRRybombs to Demon.

CCCheery.PNG

garath

My flowchart after level 70 is

Is VexGaf avaliable as a friend Y/N if yes pick him, if not, search for the strongest mage

If I lose, I had to send an aid request to VexGaf an hope that he could clean my quest

Who's VexGAF? I don't think I have him as a friend. I have like 2 friends that have a high level mage with the wand :(

edit: WOW. Just pulled Armilus from the demon coins! First time I've gotten a demon as a drop in any of the three raids. Awesome! Too bad I don't see a fit for her in my lineup. Guess she's just an additional 20 rings. I now have 370 rings without selling my 2 demons. More than enough for a MLB Sulstan in a couple weeks. Now please bring back Lindsey so I can MLB her :(

Yaari

With Aludra I can still do quite well. I'm almost guaranteed to have her skill ready and when the thrash is gone, my warriors can deal enough damage to the boss. I did 240k last run, that's good enough.

Unfortunately I need 2 Aludra at all time. And I don't have too many of them that also use the Temperance Wand.

garath

Any value to keeping Armilus? She seems ok. Definitely better than Katarith was. We going to have need for archers or an archer team in the future?

Kreed

Any value to keeping Armilus? She seems ok. Definitely better than Katarith was. We going to have need for archers or an archer team in the future?

I'm going to assume there will be Raids with Archer weapons doing more damage to the Raid monsters so I'm holding on to her and Katarith.

garath

I'm going to assume there will be Raids with Archer weapons doing more damage to the Raid monsters so I'm holding on to her and Katarith.

Hmm.. That sounds very likely. Given that I'm not hurting for rings right now, I'll probably hold onto her.

Vecks

Got another wand! with friend, up to 4 wands now. Dps hasn't increased much, but having an extra one certainly helps clean the trash mobs that try to sneak by the sides. Doing maybe 300k if I don't screw up.

Who's VexGAF? I don't think I have him as a friend. I have like 2 friends that have a high level mage with the wand :(

That'd be my account. if you're looking to add, I still have 2 spots left. 173,753,082.

garath

Got another wand! with friend, up to 4 wands now. Dps hasn't increased much, but having an extra one certainly helps clean the trash mobs that try to sneak by the sides. Doing maybe 300k if I don't screw up.

That'd be my account. if you're looking to add, I still have 2 spots left. 173,753,082.

Sure :) Would be nice to have another wand user. Sent you an invite. I'm garath in game as well.

Quixzlizx

I also sent a friend request as Quix : )

I just got through level 77 with 3 soul... just barely.... Non-wand users are just barely doing any damage at all now.

sibarraz

Banned
Well I finally beated 80 thanks Vecks

Im done with the raíd in 81 everyone has a better attack and I could barely touch armilus

Ill keep armilus her pasive is very good to get mana for my archers

garath

I actually have 3 wands but no one to use them with. I have a level 40 lizorette that is my only wand user right now. Rest of the team is damage sponges I guess. Just finished 61 or 62. Not really climbing too fast.

Definitely seeing the difficulty of this raid starting to ramp up in the mid 20s.

Only reached rank 30 somehow, got no demons or wands in-between then. Of course, my only leveled mage is a 3 star so will be interesting to see if I can/even want to bother reaching rank 50.

In other news, pulled an Angelica in JPCC today ~_~

Oreoleo

The jump from 70-71 is *killer* That miniboss messes everything up :( Gonna have to start using all 3 souls at once for a chance to beat the raid anymore.

Gizuko

I actually have 3 wands but no one to use them with. I have a level 40 lizorette that is my only wand user right now. Rest of the team is damage sponges I guess. Just finished 61 or 62. Not really climbing too fast.

You could get Pulna and Palna if you don't have anyone else. Some people seem to be leveling them up for the event, although I can't say I have tried it myself. They have either their skill damage or their attack damage increased when they are together on the field (can't recall which exactly) and this should stack with the wand damage increase.

On an unrelated note, is anyone "missing demons" as of recently? As in, finishing a quest and Arminus not popping up?

garath

You could get Pulna and Palna if you don't have anyone else. Some people seem to be leveling them up for the event, although I can't say I have tried it myself. They have either their skill damage or their attack damage increased when they are together on the field (can't recall which exactly) and this should stack with the wand damage increase.

On an unrelated note, is anyone "missing demons" as of recently? As in, finishing a quest and Arminus not popping up?

Hmm.. not sure if I am really loving this raid enough to put that much effort into it lol

We'll see how high I can go with a single wand user I guess. Just finished 63. Still doing them in 1 soul mostly.

Sidenote, I now have 9 tickets and 310 prysma. I have no idea what to do with them. Maybe I should just pull now and see if I get a Filiana lol

Gizuko

The demon doesn't have a 100% chance to spawn after a quest. It's a high chance, but not guaranteed.

Ah... I thought it was 100%, I just missed it thrice in a row.

By the way, did the wand's drop rate increase?

Also, Filiana is not THAT good, but she isn't bad either - on a mage heavy team. Musica/Treelancia can't come soon enough.

Oreoleo

Is it a prize for a certain number of wins?

Ah... I thought it was 100%, I just missed it thrice in a row.

In my experience it's like 95-97% of the time. It also seems like the chance might go down the higher level the demon is.

edit
The jump from 70-71 is *killer* That miniboss messes everything up :( Gonna have to start using all 3 souls at once for a chance to beat the raid anymore.

well that didn't fucking work :(
might be a wrap for me unless i can do some serious power leveling in the next day or two

Gizuko

well that didn't fucking work :(
might be a wrap for me unless i can do some serious power leveling in the next day or two

Do you have any slots open on you FL? I can help you reach 80 if you haven't already (I'm not confident I can do much more, 85+ and I'm using 3 souls and barely managing). Do forgive me if I miss a demon, I am somewhat busy this week, but would like to help.

Also, don't use 3 souls at once, using them 1 by 1 you can use up to 4.

Id: 178,147,683.

Edit:
Nope, havent seen any to drop :p

Oh God, this means I just used up all my luck and won't get Arminus to drop. >.<

Oreoleo

Do you have any slots open on you FL? I can help you reach 80 if you haven't already (I'm not confident I can do much more, 85+ and I'm using 3 souls and barely managing). Do forgive me if I miss a demon, I am somewhat busy this week, but would like to help.

Also, don't use 3 souls at once, using them 1 by 1 you can use up to 4.

Id: 178,147,683.

Thanks man, much appreciated. Friend request sent. My thought process for using all 3 souls at once was that I wouldn't have to waste the 50-60 seconds going through the first 3 waves each time, and have more time to focus the demon in the last wave, but she hits like a truck and my healer couldn't heal through it fast enough at all, it was a disaster.

If anyone else wants to donate to charity my ID is 147,074,251

but she hits like a truck and my healer couldn't heal through it fast enough at all, it was a disaster.

If you're using an all warrior team you should consider replacing your healer with another soldier. The mana you get from units dying is pretty usefull and allows you to deal more damage in a shorter time

Oreoleo

If you're using an all warrior team you should consider replacing your healer with another soldier. The mana you get from units dying is pretty usefull and allows you to deal more damage in a shorter time

That's been my plan of attack for the last 10-20 levels or so. Just sac fighters to get more mana for Minimo/Inuchiyo or a friends Coro. I only subbed the healer in for that one fight when I used all the souls at once. NEVER AGAIN.

Gizuko

Thanks man, much appreciated. Friend request sent. My thought process for using all 3 souls at once was that I wouldn't have to waste the 50-60 seconds going through the first 3 waves each time, and have more time to focus the demon in the last wave, but she hits like a truck and my healer couldn't heal through it fast enough at all, it was a disaster.

If anyone else wants to donate to charity my ID is 147,074,251

Yup, I did the same during the Coro raid. Same result as well.
Added, no problem!

Dammit, I really need to check friend arcana weapons before I choose them. Turns out I have two Velnar friends. The one I chose didn't have a temperance wand though. So I took two stamina fruits when I only would have needed one.

desverger

Allright, Demon stage 75 done. Takes me 3 souls at this point for sure - still going with 1 wand only.

The 2nd stage miniboss is easy enough if you have a few bodies to tank him. Get on his face for a few seconds, then back away so you don't get hit by his special. Once he does it, get back on the knights - he should be almost dead if you've hit him constantly with two mages.

My goal is most likely 83.

Oreoleo

Beat level 71 with .43 seconds left on my 4th soul *wipes sweat from brow*

BUT in the process I realized your souls refresh when you gain a player rank. So if you play things right you could theoretically have 6 or 7 souls to fight a single demon without using a vigor fruit or whatever it's called. Could be useful for eeking out an extra level or two of you're stretched thin.

Edit: thanks for the help on 72 Giz!

Kaizu

Ok, nothing to do with raids but I found out that Dusty might be a very good character for Gauntlet. Remember how I said the effect of previous battle is brought forward to the entire gauntlet stages? Apparently, the 2.5 times bonus of Titan cave is brought forward as well.

So basically, you enter Titan Cave with Dusty and other 2*/1* you might want to use and give up on the battle, then enter the gauntlet and get a bunch of buffed up 1* and 2* characters.

Dusty will be half hp during his first gauntlet battle and deal 1500+ damage per strike for his skill. You just need to place him on the sub for the second or first battle to heal him back.

Oreoleo

Remember how I said the effect of previous battle is brought forward to the entire gauntlet stages?

LOL, I was finally able to put this to good use just now. With a mixed team I was lucky enough to end fight 3 or 4 with all purple mana. I put my lvl 37 Minimo in solo and with the demon raid buff on Temperance I was able to get 4xOHKO on the rest of the fights just by spamming her skill. First time I've cleared the gauntlet :p

Aki-at

That's some crazy luck in there! Congrats sir!

I've only managed to pull a single copy of Melvina and a bunch of rings so far, but that's already made this raid for me :p

And prior to this event I thought my luck was completely rotten, hope I haven't used it up for the next couple of months :p

I'm just deciding if I should keep Armilus or not now.

Aki, I like your mage. she's pretty handy in this event.

Happy to be of help, glad she came in handy! If I knew sooner I'd have made sure she'd have been fully leveled for this event.

Deed's ready for whenever the soldier event drops and I'm working on getting Audette ready too. But now I'm wondering if there's going to be an archer specific event. In which case keeping Armilus and getting her ready would be in my best interest.

Up to 77, switched to a full mage party with Hassan in my sub. I decided that while soldiers and knights are good meatshields it may be better to ensure I get all the right mana to dump on Army in the 20 odd seconds before I get wiped.

If I get another Filiana friend I can just about manage to clear it in 2 souls once all the buffs stack and my micro is spot on.

I sent a request your way in case any other spots free up.

Top Bottom