• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

Az

I'll be in Chicago tomorrow until Friday for the Mexico - Bosnia soccer game. Never been, so looking forward to it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
My conversations with NATO protestors.

"NATO is the muscle for the 1%. And they are denying health care to the poor all over the world."

"What. Do you even know what NATO is?

"They make sure the world is at war! We are the voice of the voiceless 3rd world."

"Wow, that's alot of white privilege right there. So NATO's never done anything good?"

"No. They were born from war and they live for war."

"You really don't know what NATO is at all, do you?"
Woah, you showed him! lol

Ewwwwwwww.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I'll be in Chicago tomorrow until Friday for the Mexico - Bosnia soccer game. Never been, so looking forward to it.

Where are you staying?

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Not sure to be honest, my buddy got the reservation. Knowing him I am guessing some cheap place around Midway airport.

Cool, let us know. I should be free Thursday

Ravager61

Question for Chicago gaffers. I have a job interview in Des Plaines on Friday. I'm curious what the commute would be like from the city to Des Plaines every day. Could I take the Metra or would I have to drive?

Been looking to move up to Chicago since November. I hope to join your ranks soon.

ChiTownBuffalo

Still Cook County. Depends on what time you choose to leave. At some point it's easier to drive, than after, it's easier to take the Metra.

But you're pretty much next to the airport. Sometimes you can get effed with a 2 hour commute back home.

Ravager61

Still Cook County. Depends on what time you choose to leave. At some point it's easier to drive, than after, it's easier to take the Metra.

But you're pretty much next to the airport. Sometimes you can get effed with a 2 hour commute back home.

I think I would prefer the train. Especially in the winter, when snow can make a commute hell. I just wasn't sure what the options were for taking the Metra out of the city in the morning. I assume there are buses/shuttles that can take me to my building but I don't know. Gonna ask all that stuff when I have my interview.

I'm from St. Louis by the way. I don't use much public transportation here.

ChiTownBuffalo

I think I would prefer the train. Especially in the winter, when snow can make a commute hell.

Honestly haven't had a commute problem with the snow commutes. Not since the blizzard.

Talon

It was the Grand red line station and the Chicago Theater :)
It was the Lake station. Grand is north of the river.

Although there was a random gas station there. And the Chicago Theater lost all its gilded majesty and became a shitty bar.

ChiTownBuffalo

Desperado

Guys, I have a 24-hour layover in Chicago coming up. What would be the best things to check out with just one day to do it?

NeoGAF Tinychat is having a get together in August. The dates we have set-up are Thursday August 2 through Monday August 6th. A bunch of us are doing Lollapalooza that weekend. I did Lolla with Sai-Kun last year and it was great. Even if you don't have Lolla tickets, a bunch of us are doing the bar rounds and whatever else people want to do.

This is a little different than the usual GAF meet ups, it's more of a hang out. It will be a mix of different Gaffers too, with some GayGaffers. Just giving a heads up. I'll be making an official thread sometime soon. Confirmed so far for the meet up so far are myself, Delio, Sai-Kun, Maddness, Noshino and Secret Moblin.

ChiTownBuffalo

I live pretty close to Boystown, if y'all are headed that way.

Sai-kun

Banned
Lolla 2012 schedule is up! Any of y'all have conflicts?

http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/schedule/

I totally called Justice/Kaskade/Gambino/Jack White on Sunday night, although I thought it would be Florence instead of Gambino. Totally seeing Justice again though.

Friday is fucking awesome for me.

Zedd -> SBTRKT -> Porter Robinson -> DEV -> Nero/M83 -> Bassnectar

fuck yeah :D

Saturday is a little dead for me, though I suppose I could check out some people I don't know. Only people I really wanna see are:

Skeam & Benga -> Calvin Harris -> AVICII

Sunday is pretty good.

Little Dragon -> Doctor P (no Flux tho :() -> Florence - > Zed's Dead -> Justice

Can't wait :)

JCX

Anyone go to/going to any Just For Laughs shows this week? I'm going to the Sarah Silverman one on Saturday.

ChiTownBuffalo

Wrigleyville got douchier.

Boston Red Sox fans in the area.

Cronox

Banned
Anyone go to/going to any Just For Laughs shows this week? I'm going to the Sarah Silverman one on Saturday.

I'm going to try to catch the 10:30 Sarah Silverman show, mainly for Marc Maron. For some reason ticketmaster blocked my IP so I'll be taking my chances and getting a ticket at the door...

JCX

I'm going to try to catch the 10:30 Sarah Silverman show, mainly for Marc Maron. For some reason ticketmaster blocked my IP so I'll be taking my chances and getting a ticket at the door...

I'm going to the 7:30 show tomorrow. Wish I could have gotten late show, since it's usually better. I also got mistaken for Hannibal Buress at an open mic this week, which was funny.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
7 people shot and killed this past weekend, 8 the last weekend, and 14, I believe, the weekend before that.

Murders are up sixty percent over the same quarter from last year. Welcome to Chicago.

ChiTownBuffalo

7 people shot and killed this past weekend, 8 the last weekend, and 14, I believe, the weekend before that.

Murders are up sixty percent over the same quarter from last year. Welcome to Chicago.

Well, warm weather throwing some numbers off. But yeah.

PolishQ

I too will be in Chicago for the Pitchfork festival in July. Staying in town from the 12th to the 21st. Anyone know anything awesome going on around then? Concerts, talks, plays, exhibits, anything!

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

The other thing about the wind in the face today.

Epicantral folds bitches!

Of course, sideways eyelids like lizards would work well too.

Top Bottom