• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago-GAF OT of Not the Second City, the BEST damn city.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Chicago residents -- 228 -- have been killed so far this year in the city than the number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan - 144 -- over the same period.

WTF Chicago.

Strike

Shaw.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Chicago residents -- 228 -- have been killed so far this year in the city than the number of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan - 144 -- over the same period.

WTF Chicago.
Chicago is a dangerous, crime filled city that has a horrendous gang problem and a government that doesn't care. The public education system is in shambles, the youth get ignored, and this results.

weather is terrible/bi-polar. it was hot mostly today, then it rained heavily in the morning for 5 minutes, then it was hot, and now it started raining. goddamn.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So I didn't get a chance to do the GAF weekend meetup since I had friends from out of town in, but aside from the weather shenanigans yesterday, this was the most fun I've had at Lolla since I started going 5 years ago. I live like 4 blocks away from Grant Park so during the storm we just hiked it over there, drank some beers and waited it out. And today was gorgeous and the acts were great.

Zyzyxxz

So I didn't get a chance to do the GAF weekend meetup since I had friends from out of town in, but aside from the weather shenanigans yesterday, this was the most fun I've had at Lolla since I started going 5 years ago. I live like 4 blocks away from Grant Park so during the storm we just hiked it over there, drank some beers and waited it out. And today was gorgeous and the acts were great.

Man when I visited Chicago during that last Lolla I had no idea it was going on much less what it even was.

We stupidly got stuck in the rush to get on the trains to get out of town, we were heading toward Waukeegan and man that was scary and jailbait-ingly amusing. Late night, muddy under-age girls, dirty train, fun memories.

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

I thought that Bill Swerski and the Superfans Chicago accent was exaggerated and fake until I went to the Bears game last night.

Nope.

JCX

If anyone is interested, I'm performing at a comedy show at Gallery Cabaret in Bucktown on Saturday at 7.

ChiTownBuffalo

Goose, it’s time to buzz the tower.

Motherfucker I hate this time of year.

Nothing like freedom killing your eardrums repeatedly.

Hey guys, any good recommendations for Record shops in the north neighborhoods? We are going to check out Bookworks, Reckless, Gramaphone, and Groovin High. Any others worth exploring?

I think it's called Dave's Records? On Clark.

Aww man! That was the next spot on our list but we had already spent $150 on records. We will check that out the next time we go looking for records. It was a lot of fun for us because we are living in the burbs while she goes to grad school at Northwestern, but we like going through the neighborhoods trying to decide where we want to live once she graduates. We're partial to Wrigleyville, but like all the neighborhoods.

Dany

Banned
Aww man! That was the next spot on our list but we had already spent $150 on records. We will check that out the next time we go looking for records. It was a lot of fun for us because we are living in the burbs while she goes to grad school at Northwestern, but we like going through the neighborhoods trying to decide where we want to live once she graduates. We're partial to Wrigleyville, but like all the neighborhoods.

thumbsup.jpg

Talon

If you like record shops (and she's in Evanston), why don't you go to where High Fidelity was filmed: Vintage Vinyl on Davis and Maple?

Then step over to Bennisons and get a Biesnitch!

JCX

Between the Cubs-related traffic and the eternal fratboys and sorority girls, living in Wrigleyville sounds awful. Really wish iO was located in a different neighborhood.

Talon

Bill Kim's (of Urban Belly and such) sit down restaurant BellyQ is opening sometime this week. More communal asian fare - with infrared grilling stations at a few tables - presumably for galbi, sangyeopsal, ojingeo, and such.

I'm actually pretty excited.

ChiTownBuffalo

Bill Kim's (of Urban Belly and such) sit down restaurant BellyQ is opening sometime this week. More communal asian fare - with infrared grilling stations at a few tables - presumably for galbi, sangyeopsal, ojingeo, and such.

As am I!

Sai-kun

Banned

Where's it at?

ChiTownBuffalo

I like Kim but sometimes his desire to be creative, especially when he's doing his oft-used Latin/Korean hybridization just ends up too bizarre and without an identity and doesn't work. I'm pretty skeptical that he'll have too much that looks traditional that you'd get at San Soo Gab San on the menu at Belly Q... But I'd like to be wrong.

ChiTownBuffalo

I like Kim but sometimes his desire to be creative, especially when he's doing his oft-used Latin/Korean hybridization just ends up too bizarre and without an identity and doesn't work. I'm pretty skeptical that he'll have too much that looks traditional that you'd get at San Soo Gab San on the menu at Belly Q... But I'd like to be wrong.

Yeah. But he has had hits. I admit, I kind of want posole and lime in my yukgaejang.

Yeah. But he has had hits. I admit, I kind of want posole and lime in my yukgaejang.

That actually sounds pretty good. And yeah, I like him and he definitely has some tasty stuff and I'm pretty curious about Belly Q. Ive always felt though that the Chicago press so want this guy to be a mega-international success a la David Chang when he really just kinda wants to do his own, smaller, experimental thing.

Ed Kim on the other hand... They may be onto something there.

If you like record shops (and she's in Evanston), why don't you go to where High Fidelity was filmed: Vintage Vinyl on Davis and Maple?

Then step over to Bennisons and get a Biesnitch!

We will be spending plenty of time in Evanston, no worries.

Between the Cubs-related traffic and the eternal fratboys and sorority girls, living in Wrigleyville sounds awful. Really wish iO was located in a different neighborhood.

My cousin spent her twenties there and loved it. Plus, I come we come from a greek heavy university (both GDIs though) so that won't bother us, and we are big Cubs fans.

Top Bottom