• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chihiro cracked!

tenchir

Sho Nuff said:
Not gonna happen on a hacked Xbox with 64mb. Chihiro has 128mb RAM.

What about a hacked XBOX with 128MB?(You can add in 64MB of RAM)

Edit: Just read it.

Sammaza from Xbox-Scene writes..
...after many attempts at dumping the gd-rom from the arcade machine....we were able to get the 908Megs of info dumped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SURPRISE!!!! it has default.xbe

its just an xbox game !!!! made x-iso with Q-wix....and booted straight up!!!!!!

... the funny thing is that in the crazy taxi III dump ...they have "back" button as coin button....lol....just like mame....it uses the triggers and d-pad just like the retail xbox version does....plays fine from hdd\avalaunch, service switch is start button.

Seems like they did load it on a hack XBOX with 128MB of RAM.

Drexon

Banned
I think I read Chihiro has 512mb RAM, but I think some games will run just fine, like Crazy Taxi 3 (yay), and probably VF4:FT too. :p

tenchir

Drexon said:
I think I read Chihiro has 512mb RAM, but I think some games will run just fine, like Crazy Taxi 3 (yay), and probably VF4:FT too. :p

Not exactly correct, it ranges from 64-512. You right about the games though.

System : X-Box based configuration.
CPU : Intel Pentium III 733MHz (133MHz FSB)
Graphics : nVidia XChip 200MHz (based on the nVidia GeForce 3)
Sound Hardware :
1. Cirrus Logic CS4630 Stream Processor (20-bit DAC, programmable to handle 3D sound streams, 2D sound (including DLS-compatible MIDI), MP3 acceleration, Sensaura environmental effects, and other functions)
2. Other sounds may be generated by the CPU via software engines.
3. nVidia nForce (Real time Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding)
RAM : Upgradable Module, from 64MB upwards (Outrun 2 has 512MB)
Media : Sega GD-Rom
Polygons : 125M Polys/sec (Theoretical Maximum)
Rendering Speed : 4.0 G pixel/sec
Features : Programmable vertex and pixel shading, hardware Transform & Lighting engine, Quincunx FSAA, Anisotropic filtering, bump mapping, hardware lighting, particle effects, other standard 3D features).

tenchir

Sho Nuff said:
Since when was VF4: Final Tuned on Chihiro? That would have been huge news.

I thought VF4 was a rumor? Why develop VF4:FT for the Chihiro when the previous VF4 games have been on PS2-based hardware?

Eh... Chihiro is identical to the Xbox IIRC. Same amount of RAM.

It's almost identical, but with 2 exceptions: Memory(upgradeable) and Media(GD-ROM instead of DVD-ROM).

bloke

Someone spread the news to Sega so they can hurry up and port all Chihiro games to Xbox before 'others' do.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The Xbox dev scene is often times awe-inspiring. Sure, most of it is piracy, but the extent these guys go to is very impressive.

Very cool news I'll be keeping a watch on this one to see how succesful they are with the project.

Alcibiades

Even as a third party, SEGA just can't win.

First Dreamcast, now this. Not to mention their Phantasy Star Online is the key to getting downloaded games to play on GCN.

Sega just seems to be so careless...

Brofist

efralope said:
Even as a third party, SEGA just can't win.

First Dreamcast, now this. Not to mention their Phantasy Star Online is the key to getting downloaded games to play on GCN.

Sega just seems to be so careless...

I bet Nintendo would be able to show them a thing or two as a 3rd party.

B'z-chan

Banned
Sadly we wont be able to see the real jems of Chiro unless ported. Virtual Cop 3 could be cracked but i dont know. Would be nice to actually play that one.

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone know if Ollie King has extra memory in the cabinet? I'd imagine the skate control is bound to the analog control anyway.

Renegade

Banned
I specifically remember Ollie King having only 128MB in the cabinet.

This is an interesting development, and it's really encouraging, but there's a lot of Chihiro games that are already on Xbox. I (And you all) should wait for further developments before getting excited.

B'z-chan

Banned
8bit said:
Anyone know if Ollie King has extra memory in the cabinet? I'd imagine the skate control is bound to the analog control anyway.

Dude we must know this. Thats some cool shit if you ask me.

mr2mike

Banned
If it was raining Chihiro games like it rained Naomi games back then, this would almost warrant the purchase of another Xbox to mod into a chihiro...

but sadly...

...Sega Rally 3 could change that...

Renegade

Banned
I'd heard that the Chihiro is more powerful, expandable and less costly than Sega's other "Same Generation" Arcade boards (Naomi 2, Triforce inclusive), which is the reason Sega's jumped on Chihiro early. However, the Triforce has more ports and I/O power for things like flatbed card scanners.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That's an impressive feat of cracking!

I guess it should be expected that VC3 and Ollie King make it out to the internet pretty soon... VF4:FT runs on Naomi 2 though.

ourumov

I'd heard that the Chihiro is more powerful, expandable and less costly than Sega's other "Same Generation" Arcade boards (Naomi 2, Triforce inclusive), which is the reason Sega's jumped on Chihiro early. However, the Triforce has more ports and I/O power for things like flatbed card scanners.
Yeah, no doubt it is more powerful and cheap. I was just expressing my desire to see more arcade games on the Triforce Platfform.

ge-man

I would like to see more Triforce stuff as well, but the only way we'll get anymore is if Nintendo arranges another co-production like F-Zero. The price point/performance ratio just doesn't seem good enough for the board to catch on.

ourumov

I understand Chihiro can be cheaper...but I don't get why Triforce is SO EXPENSIVE. I mean it is a fucking GC with 48 MB of 1T-SRAM ! Nothing more.
Development can be made with Naomi/Naomi 2 tools according to System 16 and the system is compatible with them as well.

jarrod

Banned
MightyHedgehog said:
Why would they want to downgrade? :)
Becasue Sammy's making them (AtomisWave). :p

And for fun, here's the game lists!

TRIFORCE (Nintendo/Sega/Namco co-owned)
-F-Zero AX (Amusement Vision) GC
-F-Zero AX: Monster Ride (Amusement Vision)
-Getikou Pro Yakyuu (Wow Entertainment) GC/PS2
-The Key of Avalon: Chaotic Sabbat (Hitmaker)
-The Key of Avalon: The Wizard Master (Hitmaker)
-The Key of Avalon: Summon the New Monsters (Hitmaker)
-The Key of Avalon II: Order and Commandment (Hitmaker)
-Virtua Striker 2002 (Amusement Vision) GC
-Virtua Striker 4 (Smilebit)

CHIHIRO (Sega owned, licensed from Microsoft)
-Crazy Taxi: High Roller (Hitmaker) XB/PC
-Ghost Squad (Sega-AM2)
-Ollie King (Amusement Vision)
-Outrun 2 (Sega-AM2) XB
-Outrun 2SP: Outrun 2 Special Tours (Sega-AM2)
-Quest of D (Sega-AM2)
-Sega Golf Club Network Pro Tour (Sega-AM2)
-Sega Network Taisen MJ-2 (Sega-AM2)
-The House of the Dead III (Wow Entertainment) XB/PC
-Virtua Cop 3 (Sega-AM2)

ATOMISWAVE (Sammy owned, licensed from Sega)
-Chicago 1929 (Sammy)
-Demolish Fist (Dimps)
-Dolphin Blue (Sammy)
-Faster than Speed (Sammy)
-Force Five (Sammy)
-Guilty Gear X Ver. 1.5 (Arc System Works)
-Guilty Gear Isuka (Arc System Works) PS2/XB
-Knights Of Valor : The Seven Spirits (IGS)
-Maximum Speed (Sammy)
-Metal Slug 6 (SNK Playmore)
-NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (SNK Playmore)
-Premium Eleven (Dimps)
-Ranger Mission (Sammy)
-Salaried Worker Golden Taro (Sammy)
-Sammy Vs Capcom (Sammy)
-Samurai Spirits AW (SNK Playmore)
-Sports Shooting USA (Sammy)
-Sushi Bar (Sammy)
-The King Of Fighters 2004 (SNK Playmore)
-The King Of Fighters Neowave (SNK Playmore)
-The Rumble Fish (Dimps) PS2

Miburou

Kinda funny how Out Run 2 is the first Chihiro game to be ported to Xbox, and Sega isn't even doing it itself.

B'z-chan

Banned
Since were talking about Chihiro is it true at all that Sega was making a Initial D game on Chihiro boards, cause someone was talking about some project that Sega was working on that was a racer that got canned. Just want to know. Cause that would uh be very cool in a arcade.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i find it encouraging that no sega games have been announced for atomiswave. perhaps sammy are aware of the platform's shortcomings, or perhaps they don't want to alienate sega's talent. even arc system works have signed on for taito's type x...are they sammy-owned? the dreamcast hardware was fine for its time, but it needs to be put to rest. and the atomiswave is a horrible crap repository.

oh, and if this chihiro cracking business means i can play virtua cop 3 on my xbox, then it's THE GREATEST DEVELOPMENT IN THE HISTORY OF AMATEUR PROGRAMMING. but i very much doubt it means that.

jarrod

Banned
Shogmaster said:
No, you are right. I played HOTD3 at the arcades before XBox.
Actually it was co-developed on both formats simultaneously (like F-Zero AX/GX)... neither one really came first, though one was likely the base platform (I'd assume Chihiro).

jarrod

Banned
drohne said:
i find it encouraging that no sega games have been announced for atomiswave.
Give it time... I wouldn't be surprised if Sega mainly threw old or reworked DC/Naomi ports at it. Stuff like Puyo Puyo Fever or Crazy Taxi 1+2.

shuri

Banned
sammaza
Posted: Sep 6 2004, 11:34 AM
Quote Post
X-S Senior Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 59421

we used the ethernet transfer ...took about 4 hr's ...here are the tools

DC Backup Utility/BBRip v1.1 beta
- Backup software using the broadband adapter at a speed of about 1MB/s

im going to hunt for the rest of the games.......virtua cop 3 might be cool as it was never released for xbox retail.....

I may have the chance to see the chihiro hardware again soon... crazy taxi didnt have any memory upgrade modules with it maybe they come with games like outrun 2

That's hilarious. Dreamcast STRIKES AGAIN!

MrSingh

Another reason why Sega (AM2 in particular) likes using Chihiro because Chihiro is a fully Sega owned design i.e. not shared with any other company. They licensed the tech from MS, but in the arcade it's essentally Sega's baby. (much like Naomi is a Sega hardware platform)

Triforce and System 246 designs are shared with other companies.

Top Bottom