• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox’s President on Handheld Consoles and Subscription Gaming

Crayon

Ok, so now they are preparing the fanboys for a transition and we can see the Istituto Luce style propaganda machine whirring up… as they expect people to just lap it up.

In doing that they are giving us some true gems:

Do they realise that this makes them look like complete buffoons? 🤦‍♂️

It is so obnoxious.

Whatever fans are left are going to be the most hardcore of the hardcore. Bond gets in. Phil gets scapegoated Mattrick style. Bond is new jesus overnight and can do no wrong.

Years of this shit!!!!!

nowhat

Xbox will be in good hands if she takes over 😬

The fact people still can have capped mobile plans is what's boggling my mind the most. The last time I had one was... early 2000s, I think? It was using GPRS at the time, so it was more of a novelty anyway.

The fact people still can have capped mobile plans is what's boggling my mind the most. The last time I had one was... early 2000s, I think? It was using GPRS at the time, so it was more of a novelty anyway.
I have had unlimited data for years. And its cheap too. $25 a month for unlimited data with visible.

I mostly use wifi at home. Only use data to listen to music if im traveling.

We have capped home broadband data too in the us. I pay for gigabit internet so they don't cap that. But i heard of other gaffers not being able to download a 100gig game cause it went over their data cap limit.

Breezze83

Neo Member
What a masterpiece, you just wrote my entire life here.
I hate subscription services and I especially hate gaming subscription services.

I buy my games to support the developers. In a subscription service you just pay for all the games(even the ones that are against your values) and trust the company to sort it out. "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." I'm afraid the red wind of communism uncomfortably blows thru these subscription services(this is not political, it's about a damn subscription service, so if you are a RL communist, I apologize).

My games are rewarded on merit. My rising tide does not lift all boats. That's why I can vote with my wallet but a subscriber can't. They have thrown away their vote on the ostensible promise of cheaper games and by their removal, the power of my own vote only grows stronger. Even though I hate subscription services, they feed my power. The more people subscribe, the stronger my dollar becomes. It's to the point that just about any game I buy on day 1 is getting a sequel, because I'm also a microcosm for my fellow non-sub bros.

I think the winds of the zeitgeist, they are a changing, and more and more people will rejoin me as a non-sub bro in the future.

Im already with you bro!

Skifi28

Our Mother,
Who art in Washington,
Sarah be Thy name;
Thy Game Pass come;
Thy Market won on PC as it is on console.
Give us this day a handheld Xbox;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive Freegunners who trespass against us;
and lead us not into PlayStation, but deliver us from Sony.

Hail Sarah, full of Games. 🙏

You need help, or some sauce on top. I can't decide.

I think the article, like most of this type, completely misses the mark regarding the fan reaction to the PS ports. It's not about picking sides, or brand loyalty but brand health and the security of the library. MS would need to demonstrate that a console can exist in a healthy way when first-party games are being ported to competing platforms. The console sales numbers since those announcements have been made have done the reverse of that, unfortunately.

SHA

She's the new "real Master Chief"

we're so fucking back

BW_MikeFriberg_Halo1.jpg
Cortana is lost, only she could save xbox.

Rosoboy19

We need Xbox to come out swinging to keep this market competitive, Sony needs to be kept in check.
OR…Microsoft and AMD slowly give up on gaming hardware leaving us with the glorious SoNvidia future full of $1200 consoles and $2500 gpu’s YES

giphy.gif

akira__

Banned
The Phillness is a brilliant politician, he jumped ship and put her at the helm of xbox.

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
OR…Microsoft and AMD slowly give up on gaming hardware leaving us with the glorious SoNvidia future full of $1200 consoles and $2500 gpu’s YES

giphy.gif

People are not paying attention. Instead of price cuts this genration we have had territorial price increases by both Xbox and PlayStation. Don't even look at the GPU market if you do not want to be scared. Prices are rising regardless of what MS does. If the Market supports $1200 consoles and $2500 GPUs it is going to get there regardless of who is in the race.

reinking

Gold Member
Over/under for how long before Phil retires? Starting to see less of him and more of Sarah. I am predicting less than 18 months before the announcement.

ap_puff

Our Mother,
Who art in Washington,
Sarah be Thy name;
Thy Game Pass come;
Thy Market won on PC as it is on console.
Give us this day a handheld Xbox;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive Freegunners who trespass against us;
and lead us not into PlayStation, but deliver us from Sony.

Hail Sarah, full of Games. 🙏
cringe

Awesome Let Them Fight GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Even though they all had their hand in the downfall of xbox, someone will get scapegoated for this mess. Let the mud slinging commence!!

Jaybe

I hate subscription services and I especially hate gaming subscription services.

I buy my games to support the developers. In a subscription service you just pay for all the games(even the ones that are against your values) and trust the company to sort it out.

That's why I can vote with my wallet but a subscriber can't.

Agree with all this and it’s my stance as well. Being a part of a subscription service is effectively a group buy lootbox in someone else’s control and eliminates the reward mechanism in a by title basis. There’s a lot of garbage bought on them to support corporate initiatives. Then you have to trust they can curate great games, and I’m reminded Sarah Bond valued Baldur’s Gate 3 at a pittance from an email of hers that came out in the acquisition trails.

Top Bottom