• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Child of Eden + Kinect + 106" screen = awesome

Can't wait.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Man, I want this so bad. But I have a Move and I don't have Kinect.

Damn you Microsoft. Damn your moneyhats.

Fantasic OP. Can't wait for this game, I'm sure it's going to be amazing. I'll be playing with Kinect. I'm also trying to figure out a viable way to strap 2 or more controllers to my person for trance vibration purposes. :D

my only worry with this is that the music won't be very good, but i'm there day one anyway. rez is one of my favourite games ever and my kinect is dusty.

Got Gameinformer early heres a summary:

-She like it better with Kinect

-There are five archives that last 10 to 25 minutes

-Found a few parts to be too slow, the few times when the game went high speed she like the best

-The second to the last archive is where it gets really good but the game ends too soon

-Replay value in challenge mode and unlockables( art and video galleries, decorations for the main menu, and new visual effects for the archives).

8/10

345triangle said:
my only worry with this is that the music won't be very good, but i'm there day one anyway. rez is one of my favourite games ever and my kinect is dusty.

It's Genki Rockets so it'll be great, but not as hard as the songs from Rez.

Thanks for the praise :-D
Wario64 said:
Mielke says there's reversible box art, btw. At least I think he did. I think it gets rid of the silhouette.
Yeah, I put it in the faq, but probably should have mentioned it next to the cover art.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
It was reviewed by Games TM, they gave it 8/10 and said
Weird, it was the Q Entertainment twitter that said the reviews would be around the 14th.

Very interested in Child of Eden. Definitely a fan of Rez. I don't yet own a Kinect however. I'm sort of waiting to see what the reviews say. If it's something that totally makes buying Kinect worth it, or if you can enjoy it just as much with a controller.

Also wish we got a new trailer fro E3 this year. Haven't seen anything from it.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
flashbandit16 said:
Got Gameinformer early heres a summary:

-She like it better with Kinect

-Found a few parts to be too slow, the few times when the game went high speed she like the best

Oh I bet she did
PXhOP.gif

eshock

Now that Move is confirmed, is there really any doubt that this will be the ideal way to play? Rez supported the DC mouse--the aiming, it was so good.

Chairhome

Played it at PAX East, pretty great. Graphics are amazing and controlling with Kinect was cool. Definitely picking it up, just not sure if I'm getting it day one yet though...

Shurs

Chairhome said:
Played it at PAX East, pretty great. Graphics are amazing and controlling with Kinect was cool. Definitely picking it up, just not sure if I'm getting it day one yet though...

Did you cry?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
eshock said:
Now that Move is confirmed, is there really any doubt that this will be the ideal way to play? Rez supported the DC mouse--the aiming, it was so good.

Can't see any way other than Kinect being the true way to play, particularly if you buy into Miz's vision for the game. If you're playing Rez and CoE for score attack, you're doing it wrong.

eshock

Aruarian Reflection said:
Can't see any way other than Kinect being the true way to play, particularly if you buy into Miz's vision for the game. If you're playing Rez and CoE for score attack, you're doing it wrong.

The lag on Kinect is too distracting to me. Move really seems like the ideal--you get the (more accurate)motion control Miz was going for, without the delay.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
If you're playing Rez [...] for score attack, you're doing it wrong.

Are you kidding? Finally getting 100% shot down on Area 5 is almost as much of a thrill as, well, Area 5.

edit: Shot down, not analysis. Man, it's been too long.

StuBurns

Banned
The game was in development before they had Kinects, the game is a sequel to a game that never had Kinect support, it was designed around a gamepad, that's how it's meant to be played. Plus it's 60fps and Kinect is only 30, and it's still pretty laggy.

meppi

Wario64 said:
Mielke says there's reversible box art, btw. At least I think he did. I think it gets rid of the silhouette.

Lets hope so since the PS3 version is retarded beyond belief since it clearly shows the game is played with kinect on the cover.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Is the August EU release date for the Move version official? Thought is was "fall".

StuBurns said:
The game was in development before they had Kinects, the game is a sequel to a game that never had Kinect support, it was designed around a gamepad, that's how it's meant to be played. Plus it's 60fps and Kinect is only 30, and it's still pretty laggy.

D:

B-but cover says "Better with Kinect"!
Where does this come from?

Slermy

Bah, I'm really torn now. I have this pre-ordered for 360, but don't have a Kinect. I do have a Move however, so I'm contemplating getting the PS3 one instead. Maybe I should just wait until both are out and I get some decent reviews and/or price drop.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is this the first "better with Kinect" game? Anyone know if the case will be purple or green?

StuBurns

Banned
It's a silly thing to complain about, but I don't like that MS call it 'Kinect sensor', I don't get why it's not just Kinect.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Wario64 said:
Is this the first "better with Kinect" game? Anyone know if the case will be purple or green?

No, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows was also "better with Kinect". Case will be green, with a little purple stripe under the Xbox logo.

Withnail

eshock said:
The lag on Kinect is too distracting to me. Move really seems like the ideal--you get the (more accurate)motion control Miz was going for, without the delay.

+ force feedback without having to tape controllers to your body. Hehe.

FuzzyNorman said:
So this is about a 2 and a half hour game? Am I missing something?

It's the successor to Rez. The type of game you want to play over and over. And there's various modes. It's not the type of game that you'd want to be 8-10 hours long.

Top Bottom