• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Child Of Eden |OT| of Amazing Visuals, Fantastic Music and Multi-Platform Bliss

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Oh man, I just had a thought - what if the post-game content is as rich as it was in Rez.

SO MUCH good stuff in that game, it's still unreal.

8bit

Knows the Score
I dreamt there was a version of this with music by Seefeel, SunnO))) and Autechre. It was probably my saddest day for a long time. I'll probably buy it, but that Amazon playlist is not promising.

Maleficence said:
Getting the PS3 version, whether I'll have Move by then though I'm not sure. Have there been any previews with Move?
Not yet I believe, as they've been pushing Kinect heavily. After the 360 version is out I'd say.

Excited to play this, but I'm waiting for the bargain bin, like most games.

No room for Kinect so here's hoping its still fun the old fashioned way.

Koshiro

disappeared said:
PS3 version here, controller.
Same.

Remember folks, this game has a hidden Rez level of some sort (so sayeth the Miz himself). Unlockable much like area5 was in Rez (maybe it's area 5 then?), called 'Hope'. DO WANT.

AbsoluteZero said:
No room for Kinect so here's hoping its still fun the old fashioned way.

Apparently some company is making a lens filter that goes over the kinect sensor that allows you to use kinect in smaller rooms.

ChryZ

I played a lot of Rez on PCSX2 lately and the PS3 version with DS3 sounds very good to me. Would try it with Move too.

luffeN

Serious question: As you are only using both your hands, can this game be played while sitting with Kinect?

Having played this at PAX East, I can definitely say I'll never play this game with a controller.

That said, I think I might like it more with Move than Kinect. We'll see.

I just noticed Amazon added Release Date Delivery.

I had previously pre-ordered and that option was not available. I easily upgraded the order to take advantage of the offer. heads up.

cj_iwakura

This is Cero D? Seriously? Japan doesn't care about suggestive themes like the US does. It'd have to be blood or gore to get a rating that harsh.

daffy

Banned
Oh hell yes, OT already, can't wait to download this on PSN!

*reads thread*

.... $49.95? the fuck? When did this happen? whatever, at least it comes out this wee--

Amazon said:
This item will be released on September 1, 2011.

Again, the fuck? What is happening with this game.... smh

kiryogi

Banned
Kinect version for me! I only found out recently that they were tying in Genki Rockets and Lumi, which raise my interest like 200%. CAN'T WAIT.

Spokeys

Is the soundtrack solely Genki Rockets songs and remixes? Dissapointing to me if so. I enjoyed how the OST of Rez was an eclectic mix of electronic songs. Genki Rockets are too poppy for me.

EDIT: Looking around apparently it is.

dejay

Banned
I actually knew this was a retail game, but somehow over the last few months I forgot that and assumed it was digital distribution until I saw this thread again.

I just looked for some cheap places in Australia, the cheapest I could find was for $75. Since it's apparently region locked I'll be importing from good old En-ga-land.

365games has it for £33.49 (about AU$51) with free shipping. I've ordered some stuff from them before with positive results so I'll probably go with them.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
It's Genki Rockets so it'll be great, but not as hard as the songs from Rez.

yeah uh my issue is that i don't exactly consider that statement to be self-evident - everything i've heard has been ultra-saccharine j-pop stuff, which is kind of a step down in class from having ken ishii and coldcut in rez. i'm just worried it's going to be like lumines 2 all over again...

that said, the story and general vibe of the game appears to be completely inane hippy bollocks anyway, so maybe it's a good fit and will make me happy!

big_z

FTH said:
Oh hell yes, OT already, can't wait to download this on PSN!
*reads thread*
.... $49.95? the fuck? When did this happen? whatever, at least it comes out this wee--
Again, the fuck? What is happening with this game.... smh

i have it preordered for $39 and still feel like im getting ripped off. 4 ten minute levels plus a tutorial level is slim pickings but i want to play it so bad. hopefully like rez 100%-ing the game will lead to a bonus of some sort and the achievements will provide additional goals. i got plenty of play with rezhd by fully completing it, do not disappoint me eden.

Is the soundtrack solely Genki Rockets songs and remixes? Dissapointing to me if so. I enjoyed how the OST of Rez was an eclectic mix of electronic songs. Genki Rockets are too poppy for me.

EDIT: Looking around apparently it is.

from what previews and podcasts have said the genki rockets songs are heavily remixed and dont sound overly jpop. i figure if arthur gies(hates jpop) says the music was good i shouldnt have much to worry about.

345triangle said:
yeah uh my issue is that i don't exactly consider that statement to be self-evident - everything i've heard has been ultra-saccharine j-pop stuff, which is kind of a step down in class from having ken ishii and coldcut in rez. i'm just worried it's going to be like lumines 2 all over again...

that said, the story and general vibe of the game appears to be completely inane hippy bollocks anyway, so maybe it's a good fit and will make me happy!

I suppose it all depends on how you feel about their music, yeah. I mean don't get me wrong, my musical tastes more or less mirror the Rez OST, but I'm also a fan of the more House style of Genki Rockets so I can appreciate both.

I think in the end though, given all that Miz has said about it and the ending, it's going to end up being a happy, positive game regardless of whether the music is to your tastes or not.

On that note, Playasia are preparing my order. Having it shipped by courier so by this time next week I hope to be up to my neck in Child of Eden brilliance!

Clunker

I am so torn. I'm a huge Rez fan, so this is an instant purchase, but I don't know which platform to roll on since I have both Kinect and Move. My brain tells me Move, but my heart says Kinect might be the first game I really love with it.

Do we have a ps3 release date yet? I think I'll buy the 360 version, rent or try out the ps3 version used when it comes along and then just try both myself and see which one I prefer.

My wife is going to think I am insane by playing this with Kinect -- I love trancey bullet-hell shooters and electronica-infused games, and she calls them "your seizure games." She will not know what the crap to make of this, but I don't care. :D

I paid full price for Rez on PS2 and thought it was worth every penny. I can see where people are getting the "$20 or no sale" theory talk, but if this is as divine as Rez was, it's really impossible to use the same kind of pricing/value metrics on this as on most other games. It's sort of akin to a few people I saw in the Ico/Shadow thread saying that they'd never buy SOTC because an 8-10 hour boss rush platformer isn't worth more than $20 tops.

Spokeys

big_z said:
i have it preordered for $39 and still feel like im getting ripped off. 4 ten minute levels plus a tutorial level is slim pickings but i want to play it so bad. hopefully like rez 100%-ing the game will lead to a bonus of some sort and the achievements will provide additional goals. i got plenty of play with rezhd by fully completing it, do not disappoint me eden.

That's kind of comforting to hear. I just wanted to hear some more chill and downtempo stuff like the track from Area 5 in REZ. That's the type of song that I think works best with this kind of experience. Genki Rockets is just too bouncy. :b

MrDanger88 said:
Kinect seller???

Depending on the reviews I might be conned into buying a Kinect for Child of Eden. I was really hoping Microsoft showed off some other hardcore Kinect games to really sell me on Kinect then I could kick things off with Child of Eden with confidence about Kinect's future but...We'll see.

Magnus

Desperately hoping this makes me feel better about my Kinect impulse-buy this week, haha. Can't wait.

Though Dance Central is already proving to be really fun.

cj_iwakura

Rez's music fit the setting; it was a dystopian electronic world.

This is more about nature and bright shiny colors. Genki Rockets will fit perfectly.

Wazzim

Banned
Still don't know if I'll buy a Kinect and play it on 360 or just get it on PS3 and play with controller, I'm leaning to the PS3.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
OP says you can use controllers for vibration if you play it with Kinect. But can you even turn off the idle feature on the controllers? Wireless controller shut themselves off after 15-20 minutes of inactivity.

Top Bottom